shape
carat
color
clarity

Specific Gravity of Grade B Jadeite

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They cry like fountains!

I thought maybe the leads didn’t have enough chemistry in WRTW… I typically can finish those shows where the chemistry is so good u wish they can just go and make babies in real life.

For Long Ballad I couldn’t see the 2 leads as a couple so couldn’t finish either.

Ah then Immortal Samsara is probably not for me. I don’t like shows that cry all the time and vomit fountains of blood.

May try the new Dylan Wang show to see if the leads can finally act as it has quite a bit of buzz. Or maybe one of the Allen Ren shows that I haven’t watched. Oh and the Liu Yifei show too. Gosh I’m so behind.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought maybe the leads didn’t have enough chemistry in WRTW… I typically can finish those shows where the chemistry is so good u wish they can just go and make babies in real life.

OMG I know what you mean! I had a momentary breakdown when I realised Yang Zi and Cheng Yi will never see each other again after filming Immortal Samsara! The chemistry just worked for me especially when I see stuff like him adjusting her fly away hair in the various bts footage.

How is Zhao Lu Si with Leo Wu? I might go back to LLTG after I recover from my Immortal Samsara meltdown.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
How is Zhao Lu Si with Leo Wu? I might go back to LLTG after I recover from my Immortal Samsara meltdown.

I think they only meet in episode 6 so if you want to skip the slow parts then you can start from that episode. ZLS has 3 fiancés in the drama. It’s a reverse harem show :lol:

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing some Jadeite from a while back - these are not great quality jadeite beads but they are very fun for colour and that chubby chubby look.

Wriston did the other nephrite bracelet for me.

Jadeite fun.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-03-30 at 10.48.40 AM.jpeg

@landscape, I am sure you have some pretty jadeite that you collect too. Care to share them? Thank you so much. You have such lovely pieces.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha I thought of creating a c drama thread but other than you don’t know who else is watching

I watch! I gave up on LLTG.

Currently switched to Korean Dramas because nothing nice yet on Viki for c drama.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually really like the second pair but I’m on ban island!

You on ban island? I'll believe it when I see it!!!

I love the first pair!!! Like pandan jelly!

Does this mean it'll be a while before we see that giant rubellite set Icy?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
You on ban island? I'll believe it when I see it!!!

I love the first pair!!! Like pandan jelly!

Does this mean it'll be a while before we see that giant rubellite set Icy?

If I go to the month end Jewelry show then yeah…

Yes re most recent rubellite setting as I have 3 projects in progress not including the ruby

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
I would really appreciate some help from @icy_jade, @mellowyellowgirl and other knowledgeable Jade lovers with these necklaces, which one should I buy?

1st photo - I love the look of this necklace it’s Hetian Jade over 1k

2nd photo - Necklace on the left, the jeweller is unsure of what sort of Jade, it hasn’t been tested he has priced it over 3k (the clasp is distracting but the jade looks lovely)

3rd Photo - I quite like the colour it’s priced low so maybe the Jade is sub par/basic

D5B3622E-0253-411C-9932-DBAE25687A16.jpeg 1604A88A-F8C3-4D96-B2DE-CC8875F6E089.jpeg 10B21179-74C3-40F5-AF0B-58BADE3DF33C.jpeg

Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one but not if it hasn’t been tested. The clasp… is it even 18k gold? If not I would think is likely to be B or C jade… any possibility to get the strand tested before you buy?

Between 1st and third I prefer first strand.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need some form of testing before you buy.

Second is the best but suspiciously clear. If the colour is bright as well I would be very wary that it is a fake.

I don’t mind the third strand at the right price. But you really need some way of verifying that this is A grade jadeite.

Sorry I know this is not very helpful. Did you want me to give you a price estimate based on the assumption that it is A grade or were you wanting advice on the colour?

The trouble is if they are not A grade they would just be we worth a few dollars so any advice is moot.

Jadeite colour and texture is so personal. As long as it is A grade, you should buy anything you like provided it is a fair price.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your advice @icy_jade the jeweller said the clasp is 18ct (tested) I would change it if I buy the necklace & I will look into getting it tested.
The first necklace is very pretty, it’s nephrite & possibly overpriced for what it is?
I have been reading/researching jade but it’s a minefield with sellers & buying jade.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
You need some form of testing before you buy.

Second is the best but suspiciously clear. If the colour is bright as well I would be very wary that it is a fake.

I don’t mind the third strand at the right price. But you really need some way of verifying that this is A grade jadeite.

Sorry I know this is not very helpful. Did you want me to give you a price estimate based on the assumption that it is A grade or were you wanting advice on the colour?

The trouble is if they are not A grade they would just be we worth a few dollars so any advice is moot.

Jadeite colour and texture is so personal. As long as it is A grade, you should buy anything you like provided it is a fair price.

Thanks @mellowyellowgirl you have been extremely helpful, the sellers of the necklaces don’t seem to know grading or much about jade, the questions I have asked they haven’t been able to answer.

I like the colour of the third too, the price is fine & I’m not so worried about the grading. The others are priced high between 1.8 - 4K. I don’t want to take a chance on these without knowing what grading they are.
With the second necklace the beads are translucent it’s a beautiful green but not bright.

I would love your advise on colour & price, I don’t want to make an expensive mistake!

joycece

Rough_Rock
I would really appreciate some help from @icy_jade, @mellowyellowgirl and other knowledgeable Jade lovers with these necklaces, which one should I buy?

1st photo - I love the look of this necklace it’s Hetian Jade over 1k

2nd photo - Necklace on the left, the jeweller is unsure of what sort of Jade, it hasn’t been tested he has priced it over 3k (the clasp is distracting but the jade looks lovely)

3rd Photo - I quite like the colour it’s priced low so maybe the Jade is sub par/basic

D5B3622E-0253-411C-9932-DBAE25687A16.jpeg 1604A88A-F8C3-4D96-B2DE-CC8875F6E089.jpeg 10B21179-74C3-40F5-AF0B-58BADE3DF33C.jpeg

I like to know what I'm buying so if 1st one is tested to be hetian jade but other are unknown I would get the hetian.

The 2nd one looks too uniform and the luster doesn't look quite right to me. Every beads seems so perfectly the same that made me feel like it is not even other type of natural gems. $3k...hmmm very risky and expensive bet without knowing more about it.

The 3rd one if it's type A jadeite and lowest price of all, probably the best choice? Maybe others have better idea about price of jadeite beads..just from what i'm following recently price of beads went up crazy, I felt like the price shouldn't be much lower than the price of 1st or 2nd choice if it's A jadeite.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I will look into getting it tested

Pls see if you can do that before you buy. If it’s type A, it might be a fab buy. Otherwise go for the ones that are already confirmed to be type A from a reliable lab. There are fake lab certs around too, so even if “certified”, it may not mean anything unless the lab is trustworthy.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
OMG I know what you mean! I had a momentary breakdown when I realised Yang Zi and Cheng Yi will never see each other again after filming Immortal Samsara! The chemistry just worked for me especially when I see stuff like him adjusting her fly away hair in the various bts footage.

I heard it is a BE! Not watching BE shows.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard it is a BE! Not watching BE shows.

Nono they released two final clips a week later!!! Youku the ba$tards were trying to trend online (and they did as everyone threw a tantrum). It was a HE after all!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone reading this. I don't usually do this but since Jade is so hard to buy here goes.

$3200
9.8mm beads
These are brighter than this pic in real life. Fresher.

PXL_20211230_030947705.jpg

$3200
6mm
I didn't buy these even though the colour was fabulous. I needed the size

mmexport1662893638089.jpg

$2100
6mm
My sister's. A bit brighter than mine and better water. But not as big.
PXL_20220607_005137449.jpg

$1000
8mm
Random bargain ones. A few is the greens have lines in them
PXL_20220309_004619710.jpg

$1000
8mm
My sister's
Uneven and lighter
mmexport1662894201373.jpg

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Hopefully this will be helpful to anyone reading this. I don't usually do this but since Jade is so hard to buy here goes.

$3200
9.8mm beads
These are brighter than this pic in real life. Fresher.

PXL_20211230_030947705.jpg

$3200
6mm
I didn't buy these even though the colour was fabulous. I needed the size

mmexport1662893638089.jpg

$2100
6mm
My sister's. A bit brighter than mine and better water. But not as big.
PXL_20220607_005137449.jpg

$1000
8mm
Random bargain ones. A few is the greens have lines in them
PXL_20220309_004619710.jpg

$1000
8mm
My sister's
Uneven and lighter
mmexport1662894201373.jpg
Thank you for the post, all the necklaces are stunning.
I love your 9mm the colour of the beads are beautiful!
So the beads in the necklaces are all jadeite & A grade?
I think the ones I posted are possibly overpriced for what they are. I would still like to get the jade necklace tested that jeweller has, and will reach out to sellers of the others & negotiate.
Jade really is so much harder to buy than diamonds & pearls!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the post, all the necklaces are stunning.
I love your 9mm the colour of the beads are beautiful!
So the beads in the necklaces are all jadeite & A grade?
I think the ones I posted are possibly overpriced for what they are. I would still like to get the jade necklace tested that jeweller has, and will reach out to sellers of the others & negotiate.
Jade really is so much harder to buy than diamonds & pearls!

Yes all A grade, all jadeite and I had them all sent to the Hong Kong Jade lab which is considered very reputable for Jade.

Except that bright expensive 6mm that I didn't buy of course!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is little sis with both her strands in case anyone wants a better look

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
I like to know what I'm buying so if 1st one is tested to be hetian jade but other are unknown I would get the hetian.

The 2nd one looks too uniform and the luster doesn't look quite right to me. Every beads seems so perfectly the same that made me feel like it is not even other type of natural gems. $3k...hmmm very risky and expensive bet without knowing more about it.

The 3rd one if it's type A jadeite and lowest price of all, probably the best choice? Maybe others have better idea about price of jadeite beads..just from what i'm following recently price of beads went up crazy, I felt like the price shouldn't be much lower than the price of 1st or 2nd choice if it's A jadeite.

Thanks for your advice it’s really helpful. The hetian/nephrite jade necklace is very pretty but I think it’s a bit overpriced for what it is - I’m not sure?

The second necklace is with a jeweller that deals in antique jewellery, he has some really beautiful pieces and has great knowledge except in jade.

The third necklace is not expensive in the least, the seller does not know what sort of jade it is and I don’t have enough knowledge but I like the colour.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results