shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
This 1ctw platinum ring was just marked down to $1276. It's a size 7.5 and is from Blue Nile where it's currently $3240. Blue Nile says the stones are H/VS2.

1716054007018.png
Here's a nice hand photo from a Blue Nile reviewer:
1716054135586.png

musicalmeow

Rough_Rock
This is a newly made piece but I just had to share it… look at that face! :kiss2: And the tiny diamond studded paws!

I think I’ve found the real life models that might have inspired this piece :lol:

IMG_0979.jpeg IMG_0966.jpeg

IMG_0978.jpeg IMG_0967.jpeg

And this one below deserves an honourable mention - I think this pup’s character and spirit translates pretty well into the ring :P2

IMG_0980.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
who has a really big piggy bank and loves coral ?
1716105239643.jpeg
Im really hoping king Willem Alexander of the Netherlands buys this for Queen Maxima
.......if no PSer wants it ;)2
1716104996981.png

check out Queen Max's matching pieces from the court jeweller

1716105195618.png

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
That pug jewelry is adorable! I love whimsical stuff and anything nature related. Some of my favorites:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
@JPie. You guys are GOOD! What do you think it's going on? Buyer's regret? I'm glad nobody took it apart to sell the stones separately. Is it cheaper now?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@JPie. You guys are GOOD! What do you think it's going on? Buyer's regret? I'm glad nobody took it apart to sell the stones separately. Is it cheaper now?

Maybe the buyer thought they could flip it easily until they realized what a pain in the butt it would be to unmount that many diamonds to send to GIA before you can get anyone to spend serious money.

That’s what stopped me!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK folks, this was listed on auction last week so I didn’t post it, but it’s a BIN with offer now so fair game.

Someone please buy this. 1.56cttw suite of nicely matched old cuts, ranging from 5mm for the center down to 3mm for the smallest sides. Would make a killer graduated seven stone ring. Price is good even without the offer option, and I don’t need to tell you how hard it is the source a matched suite like this. This would 100% be mine if I didn’t already have a much higher carat weight five stone in the works.

1716263802039.png

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
OK folks, this was listed on auction last week so I didn’t post it, but it’s a BIN with offer now so fair game.

Someone please buy this. 1.56cttw suite of nicely matched old cuts, ranging from 5mm for the center down to 3mm for the smallest sides. Would make a killer graduated seven stone ring. Price is good even without the offer option, and I don’t need to tell you how hard it is the source a matched suite like this. This would 100% be mine if I didn’t already have a much higher carat weight five stone in the works.

1716263802039.png

Ooohhhh. Good find.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the buyer thought they could flip it easily until they realized what a pain in the butt it would be to unmount that many diamonds to send to GIA before you can get anyone to spend serious money.

That’s what stopped me!

Dolly had some sort of offer that included making earrings ring etc. But I can’t remember if her quote included that or not. I think it was around 78?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it but am confused about what stone would go in it. The ad says 7.08x7.95, which is an oval, but my eyes say it's for a round

So I found this image on Sholdt’s IG showing this ring with a round diamond set! The measurement you want from the vendor is the NS measurement from melee edge to melee edge I think, to estimate size. It looks great set.

1716305057383.png

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dolly had some sort of offer that included making earrings ring etc. But I can’t remember if her quote included that or not. I think it was around 78?

Friend of mine screenshot the price. $60K excluding chopping it up!

Dolly did the math on how you’d come out ahead if you made a ring, earrings, and bracelet, or something like that.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Friend of mine screenshot the price. $60K excluding chopping it up!

Dolly did the math on how you’d come out ahead if you made a ring, earrings, and bracelet, or something like that.

Wow! Maybe the 70 I’m remembering is a different item or it included the labor of making all that stuff.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Maybe the 70 I’m remembering is a different item or it included the labor of making all that stuff.

Did anyone get the JBG price?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

1716263802039.png

This sold at auction in February for £370, so the seller is making a handsome profit. Sadly, it doesn't appear on their US ebay page.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sold at auction in February for £370, so the seller is making a handsome profit. Sadly, it doesn't appear on their US ebay page.

Wild! It sold on eBay for that amount?

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
eBay UK can be interesting IMO

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

Was this before BP and VAT or after?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am still incredulous that the 32 carat old cut diamond “Mary Tyler Moore necklace” went for $35K.

Here’s a link to two Pricescope threads which show MTM’s personal Jewelry auction which benefitted diabetes no less!

See minute 4:55 in the first video link for photos of the necklace and her wearing it.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who wants a larger size eternity band?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know it's a free market, supply & demand and all that but to me, it's icky.

Now I hope it doesn’t sell lol.

I understand reselling but where is the added value here? Like, better photos or more detailed appraisal or something to warrant the added price beyond, just, “nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I got it before you.” Lol

I was stalking a brooch last week with 3 nearly half carat diamonds and the seller ended the auction early after the first bid of $380. Which is an absolutely base bottom price. I hope it doesn’t resurface for $1500 next week!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results