shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@lala646 always seems to find things in the 5ish size ranges - which kills us fivers! I will buy anything from 4.75-5.75 lol

I wish MANY of the things I post here were my size. Alas...

Would the retail value be accurate on this one? I’ve heard people talk about Kat Florence before. I don’t know anything about this type of stone though. @Autumn in New England

IMG_0579.jpeg

Isn't that lovely! This is a collector's stone and quite rare. I don't own it, but I've seen it at trade shows and at the usual online haunts. It has good hardness at around 7, and excellent toughness. It's RI and dispersion are decent. It's often this minty shade, but can be a more vivid grassy green, deeper olive, or even shades of purple and blue (which sort of resemble fluorite or untreated tanzanite). 5ct. is quite large for this material, so I'd say the current price is in the appropriate ballpark, although the more vibrant and/or pleochroic stones fetch the most money. That being said, the original list price they mention of $42k is bonkers.

P.S. How are you and your dear hubby doing, my friend? ❤️

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Isn't that lovely! This is a collector's stone and quite rare. I don't own it, but I've seen it at trade shows and at the usual online haunts. It has good hardness at around 7, and excellent toughness. It's RI and dispersion are decent. It's often this minty shade, but can be a more vivid grassy green, deeper olive, or even shades of purple and blue (which sort of resemble fluorite or untreated tanzanite). 5ct. is quite large for this material, so I'd say the current price is in the appropriate ballpark, although the more vibrant and/or pleochroic stones fetch the most money. That being said, the original list price they mention of $42k is bonkers.

P.S. How are you and your dear hubby doing, my friend? ❤️

He’s doing quite well :) Thank you for asking! I’m thinking the retail may have more to do with the designer. It is a pretty ring! Thanks for the gem info!

jgny

Shiny_Rock

Some TRR markdowns...

Ritani Platinum Diamond Eternity Band​

stacker size 6.5 $417
1715457785320.png

Platinum 3.39ctw Tanzanite & Diamond Cocktail Ring​

$822.50
Size: 6.5
950 Platinum
Featuring 2.43 Carat Faceted Cushion & Square Tanzanite

1715457594528.png

Platinum 1.53ctw Diamond Band​

Size 7 $843.75
I like this flipped around as a tiara ring. Also needs a good cleaning I think!!!

1715457765094.png

Last edited:
He’s doing quite well :) Thank you for asking! I’m thinking the retail may have more to do with the designer. It is a pretty ring! Thanks for the gem info!

Wonderful... I just knew he would be! :appl:

Yes, I agree that it's definitely a designer mark up!!

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This breaks my heart :( my jeweler also told me he's seeing a lot of old cuts being bought my industry and recut as modern round brilliant.

Now that is criminal!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Low stakes risk - Sapphire eternity for $200 14k YG - size 5.25
1715567376054.png

From the same seller. $80.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results