shape
carat
color
clarity

show me diamonds in silver

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now despite what the main street family jeweller tried to tell me i know diamonds are set in sterling, the mall jeweller across the street does it (they tend to cater for all price points)
i'm looking for inspiration as im beginning to see the end of my ban on new projects come to an end
1713074001725.jpeg
every week i edge ever nearer to the bottom of the repairing, lengthening and reworking pile

The price of gold is still sky high but as apart from my inherited 18k pieces i only have my jewellery for myself, i'm looking to have a bit of fun at a more affordable (aka silver) price and im thinking about buying some small lab/ or some melee diamonds soon -(nothing too fantastic ;)2)

So please show me your lovely silver pieces set with diamonds (if it is allowed in this sub forum ? Moissanite and CZ welcome)

DutchJackie

Rough_Rock
We have a local jeweler that works with silver and diamond melee. Very sculptural. I can’t show pictures, but it looks great.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a teeny diamond that I set in sterling silver. I pulled the diamond from an old lapel pin.
IMG_20240415_103351164.jpg

IMG_20240415_102621775.jpg

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
I have several pieces, a SS locket with small diamonds and 5 rings, each have 1ctw of colored diamonds (2 red, 2 blue and 1 green). They are all rhodium plated IIRC. (Sorry not the best photo lighting indoors here) 20240415_133648.jpg 20240415_134314.jpg

I think you need to be extra careful with diamonds in rings though. I lost 2 red diamonds and had to get them replaced. DH and I had a little too much fun one night listening to live music at a pub and I knocked out 2 stones :eek2::eek2: Was horrified when I saw the damage the next day, but was able to get them replaced by jeweler without much trouble thankfully.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

If you want to browse online David Yurman is known for silver and diamond pieces.

cheers--Sharon

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank you again for this diamond, @Wink!

You are so welcome. I will always remember you were the first to welcome me to Pricescope when I came over from the Diamond Talk Forum.

I never think of your hands when I look at your rings, I only see the gems and the silver...

;)2

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love Argentium silver. It wears more like white gold than silver. Stays shiny,
Beautiful ring, @glitterata.

I saw this video in another thread. Mary Tyler Moore had a wonderful diamod necklace in silver.

Around 5:20 in the video.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love Argentium silver. It wears more like white gold than silver. Stays shiny,
Beautiful ring, @glitterata.

I saw this video in another thread. Mary Tyler Moore had a wonderful diamod necklace in silver.

Around 5:20 in the video.

Amazing that a necklace with a provenance like that was auctioned off in 2023 for $35,000! 32 carats of old cut diamonds, in what looks like a vintage sterling setting. How sad that the auction house didn't target the right buyers.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That diamond necklace was stunning, I'd have snapped it up in a second!! Was also really shocked that it sold for so low!

It’s kind of sad for me, looking at all those photos of MTM wearing the necklace as if she really enjoyed it. Then it sells as if the auction wasn’t publicized at all.

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
It’s kind of sad for me, looking at all those photos of MTM wearing the necklace as if she really enjoyed it. Then it sells as if the auction wasn’t publicized at all.

Oh I felt sad too! Was sad to see her precious treasures up for auction to strangers. I hope it found a good home with someone who loves and wears it as well as she did, she rocked that beauty! Makes ya think about where your own precious pieces may go someday. If don't have anyone to leave mine to, I'm thinking have the estate sell them and donate proceeds to an animal rescue. Helping animals would give me peace and happiness to put my collection to good use after me.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father gave me this three-stone, black diamond, ring as a gift. The setting is made of silver. The center diamond is 3.04 ct, and the side diamonds are 2.02 ct and 2.04 ct respectively.

20240416_101922.jpg 20240416_085719.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results