shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve never seen an explicit rule or discussion but I’ve been avoiding posting auctions for that reason. EDIT not only do we don’t compete against each other but just generally not to bring added attention to an auction we or another PSer might be hoping to snipe.

That works for me. Thank you for the input.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That works for me. Thank you for the input.

I don’t understand why not though - we have no way of knowing if a PSer is going to bid or if someone already has so I don’t see an issue with an eBay or equivalent auction item. The gold band I bought was an auction and not a BIN so I’m glad someone posted it here. Everyone has varied sizes, taste, budget etc.

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t understand why not though - we have no way of knowing if a PSer is going to bid or if someone already has so I don’t see an issue with an eBay or equivalent auction item. The gold band I bought was an auction and not a BIN so I’m glad someone posted it here. Everyone has varied sizes, taste, budget etc.

Yeah I see that point too. I’m definitely not advocating for any kind of rule. Just sharing my own thought process.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see an issue with posting auctions so long (as @Dreamer_D said) as it’s not something we know another PS’er is specifically interested in and has posted about.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I said I was on ban island but people posting all these cool vintage band made me give into temptation on this two tone one… I just love all the miligrain
IMG_4655.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4656.jpeg
    IMG_4656.jpeg
    335 KB · Views: 12

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm good with anything the majority wants to do. I think posting auctions is fine. I saw something on one of the sites and didn't want to post it if I shouldn't, but I'll go back and try to find it and post it.

Here it is. Too small for me or I'd be bidding. Size 5.25.

1716825166313.png

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'm good with anything the majority wants to do. I think posting auctions is fine. I saw something on one of the sites and didn't want to post it if I shouldn't, but I'll go back and try to find it and post it.

Here it is. Too small for me or I'd be bidding. Size 5.25.

1716825166313.png

Oh my gawd!!! LOVE. And my size and a rare 3mm. Glad you posted :lol:. I have never had any luck with this site though. Whenever I see something I always get outbid :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gawd!!! LOVE. And my size and a rare 3mm. Glad you posted :lol:. I have never had any luck with this site though. Whenever I see something I always get outbid :lol:

I was thinking of you when I asked about posting auctions.=)2 Figure out what your limit is and bid a few times close to the end and if you are outbid, bid until you get to your limit. I got a white gold chain the other day by doing that. It hasn't arrived yet, but It's 16", 14k and I got it for $102. I was looking for a vintage chain in white metal so it was worth trying for this one.

1716826556303.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of you when I asked about posting auctions.=)2 Figure out what your limit is and bid a few times close to the end and if you are outbid, bid until you get to your limit. I got a white gold chain the other day by doing that. It hasn't arrived yet, but It's 16", 14k and I got it for $102. I was looking for a vintage chain in white metal so it was worth trying for this one.

1716826556303.png

That’s a fantastic price. And I always see things that go for such good prices like that but I feel like whenever I try it gets bid up!

I’m going to be on an airplane when that band ends, but I might give it a go anyway

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Good price for Tiffany, I make no claim to authenticity:

1716849531847.png

Pretty stone, thick band.
1716849334609.png

1716850393380.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a fantastic price. And I always see things that go for such good prices like that but I feel like whenever I try it gets bid up!

I’m going to be on an airplane when that band ends, but I might give it a go anyway

Planes have wifi these days!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Pumpkin Sparkles

Rough_Rock
It does look chunky!!! But Is that a horribly dirty ring and diamond? From the photos it looks really cloudy and included. I’d love to see it cleaned up!

Yes, me too! I hope it’s just grime and not the diamond. I’ve seen worse and turned out it just needed some dish soap and a good lather.

Reactions: caf

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel pretty sure that is just a FILTHY FILTHY diamond! And I see an open culet...
1717019346574.png
I bet that is an old cut and I bet its spectacular. Someone please buy it! Price is good especially with Offer option. If you are serious email and ask if there are any chips or damage to the diamond or any eye visible inclusions within the diamond. You could also ask if the girdle looks white and frosty. Also ask for length and width in millimeters.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, me too! I hope it’s just grime and not the diamond. I’ve seen worse and turned out it just needed some dish soap and a good lather.

They listed it as SI1 and in Ebay speak that usually means it doesn't have any huge glaring gross inclusions. It absolutely looks like dirt to me.

Pumpkin Sparkles

Rough_Rock
They listed it as SI1 and in Ebay speak that usually means it doesn't have any huge glaring gross inclusions. It absolutely looks like dirt to me.

Yes I hope someone buys it so we can see it!! I know they are rare I figured someone may want one, Hopefully someone here.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I feel pretty sure that is just a FILTHY FILTHY diamond! And I see an open culet...
1717019346574.png
I bet that is an old cut and I bet its spectacular. Someone please buy it! Price is good especially with Offer option. If you are serious email and ask if there are any chips or damage to the diamond or any eye visible inclusions within the diamond. You could also ask if the girdle looks white and frosty. Also ask for length and width in millimeters.

Curious, can you explain more about the girdle question? What does the answer signify?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1717019346574.png

You would think that they would clean it before listing it. Especially with no returns. They would probably get better offers or full price if it were cleaned.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You would think that they would clean it before listing it. Especially with no returns. They would probably get better offers or full price if it were cleaned.

All the diamonds I buy are from scrap and pawn sellers and their stuff is so dirty! Always! So weird because you are totally right, they’d get more if it was clean. But I think their business model if fast sales and volume, not maximizing profit per item.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results