shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

Curious, can you explain more about the girdle question? What does the answer signify?

Old cuts don’t have faceted girdles. It would be knife edge, which is very very thin and sharp, or bruted, which looks white and frosty. So that would help me ascertain if it’s actually an old cut. I might also ask if it has an open culet. Sometimes these types of sellers have knowledge and can answer these things. Others don’t or can’t be bothered!

I think what gives me pause is that the gold part of the ring looks shiny and clean. Why clean the ring and not the diamond?

I'll say for anyone looking for an antique pear, this instagram seller has them pretty frequently. They're often modern cut to look antique but they have good prices and options. There have been a few posted in similar size to the one listed.

Found this little ring and thought I'd share. In great shape and a good starting price for the auction:

I hope it was one of us and I hope it’s amazing!

I'm obsessed with rings that have "panel" engraving. There's just something so cool to me about them. Sadly I hate wide rings so can't usually biy them. Someone else should!

Someone bought it. It is no longer available.

I seen that, I’m hoping someone here bought it.. it wasn’t me lol

Sweet 0.31 ct size 4.75 ring in platinum for $330. Listed as RB but looks more like OEC or transitional to me.

IMG_1788.jpeg
oh how sweet is that? And so much look for the price. Someone with small fingers should jump on it!

@MakingTheGrade RING TWINS! I have a lab ruby three stone similar to yours. What a classic!!! Also, what a collection!

@newtojewels the French cut Neil Lane is back in stock at TRR (returned, most likely). Maybe it'll get marked down to something insane!

@MakingTheGrade RING TWINS! I have a lab ruby three stone similar to yours. What a classic!!! Also, what a collection!

@newtojewels the French cut Neil Lane is back in stock at TRR (returned, most likely). Maybe it'll get marked down to something insane!

Thank you for thinking of me! I saw it and am still considering it....... I already wanted a white metal band to fit my index and middle fingers, so a 3/4 or eternity in size 7.5-7.75. There is a much less expensive but also much less expensive looking Suzanne Kalan ring I've also been thinking of but I don't know if it would scratch the itch. French cuts are French cuts which is great but I worry the ring might be 'too much' for me since I live a casual life and it would potentially overpower anything else I would wear with it (which was the whole point!), plus of course it's expensive even if it is a good deal. I've never tried on anything that wide either, the closest is an emerald CvB band I got from a PSer. I don't have it with me to measure but I think it's ~4mm vs the 5.8mm for the French cut one -- that's a big difference! But I have big hands and long fingers.

Decisions, decisions! Maybe someone else will buy it and keep it and put me out of my misery.

Size 7.75 emerald band:
1717603501151.png

French cut ring in question:
1717603638093.png
1717603749820.png

The much cheaper option:

1717603972722.png

@newtojewels That stock pic is INSANE! I can't believe how much better it looks. Your emerald ring looks soooo pretty too.

The longer I've been collecting the more I think it's worth it to get *exactly* what you want. I'd rather have fewer, nicer pieces than a lot of filler pieces that aren't quite right but were cheaper. Especially since it all adds up on my jewelry insurance :lol:

I absolutely love this one. It would be the perfect gift for someone born in October with a warm skin tone.

Stunning. The opal baskets look Victorian but the overall bracelet doesn't fit my notions of that era. Curious about this.

Thank you for thinking of me! I saw it and am still considering it....... I already wanted a white metal band to fit my index and middle fingers, so a 3/4 or eternity in size 7.5-7.75. There is a much less expensive but also much less expensive looking Suzanne Kalan ring I've also been thinking of but I don't know if it would scratch the itch. French cuts are French cuts which is great but I worry the ring might be 'too much' for me since I live a casual life and it would potentially overpower anything else I would wear with it (which was the whole point!), plus of course it's expensive even if it is a good deal. I've never tried on anything that wide either, the closest is an emerald CvB band I got from a PSer. I don't have it with me to measure but I think it's ~4mm vs the 5.8mm for the French cut one -- that's a big difference! But I have big hands and long fingers.

Decisions, decisions! Maybe someone else will buy it and keep it and put me out of my misery.

Size 7.75 emerald band:
1717603501151.png

French cut ring in question:
1717603638093.png
1717603749820.png

The much cheaper option:

1717603972722.png

That french cut ring is exquisite. Personally, I think you have exactly the hands to carry it off wonderfully. I get your concern about whether it would be a bit "much" for your casual lifestyle, though - at this point in my life, I'm very active and live in workout clothes (or jeans and flannel shirt) and sneakers, so I have the same issue.

Have you thought about seeing if someone like David Klass could source some matching 4mm French cuts and custom-make an eternity with them alternating with rounds that are set into metal squares or something like that? It would be similar and still have impact, but be a little bit.....less. (I'm picturing something in my mind, but having trouble describing it. If I find a picture of something like it, I'll circle back and post it.)

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP