shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs, that heart ring is amazing, THE COLOR OMG!

I do not need another ring, I do not need another ring…..:naughty:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case anyone is considering the heart, it MAY be the same stone as post #117 in this thread, there are additional pictures in various lighting.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It would fit me lol. But is that curve deliberate?? Or is it bent? The stones don’t look old cut.

It’s deliberate, IMO. Stones do look modern cut.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TRR claims it's yellow and white gold, not platinum, but thinking about it more that didn't really make sense...

I had the same question. There's a ding on it at the center, maybe it got knocked out of shape? But seems like it would maybe be worth bringing to a jeweler to see if it could be repaired if it is bent. I'm wondering if it's worth ordering to see if they were off on the measurement in a direction that would be helpful to me, but I've bought several pieces recently and really need to stop. I agree that the stones look modern.

Interesting that you both think it’s bent. Now I think you are right - these bracelets are often hollow maybe that ding is indicative of a bend result…

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
I should be working but I desperately don't want to be so have been digging more through TRR. Obviously real experts please weigh in, and I'm sorry if something here has been posted before!

6.09 ctw pendant for $21,960. The main stone is 3.56 carats! They estimate L-M SI1-SI2 https://www.therealreal.com/product...endant-platinum-6-09ctw-diamond-pendant-fj8sh

1713046459819.png
This is a lovely little necklace for $1172.50, 1.27 ctw https://www.therealreal.com/product...ce/14k-1-27ctw-diamond-pendant-necklace-k7057
1713046565804.png
Gosh I were there were better photos of this just so I could admire it. If only the owner had sent it to Lang! Listed at $23,395, 0 clue how reasonable that is or isn't. Apparently it has the "Carrington & Co" case but they don't make claims on whether or not they're the original jeweler. Seems plausible, though.
1713046668231.png

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I should be working but I desperately don't want to be so have been digging more through TRR. Obviously real experts please weigh in, and I'm sorry if something here has been posted before!

6.09 ctw pendant for $21,960. The main stone is 3.56 carats! They estimate L-M SI1-SI2 https://www.therealreal.com/product...endant-platinum-6-09ctw-diamond-pendant-fj8sh

1713046459819.png
This is a lovely little necklace for $1172.50, 1.27 ctw https://www.therealreal.com/product...ce/14k-1-27ctw-diamond-pendant-necklace-k7057
1713046565804.png
Gosh I were there were better photos of this just so I could admire it. If only the owner had sent it to Lang! Listed at $23,395, 0 clue how reasonable that is or isn't. Apparently it has the "Carrington & Co" case but they don't make claims on whether or not they're the original jeweler. Seems plausible, though.
1713046668231.png

I have been watching this top one forever and have almost pulled the trigger 2x.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I am nowhere close to having the funding for it but if their estimated stats are true it seems like an incredible deal? I mean, the second stone is still a sizeable 2.31 carats! And just look at that profile!

1713047724058.png

I posted about it and the general consensus is the color TRR listed is not accurate - which doesn’t shock me. I am so not color sensitive (color insensitive?) that I can’t even guess what the color actually is. The second stone also appears to have a chip. I’m going to keep watching it. If anyone here buys it, please post pics.

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I am nowhere close to having the funding for it but if their estimated stats are true it seems like an incredible deal? I mean, the second stone is still a sizeable 2.31 carats! And just look at that profile!

1713047724058.png

I think this has actually been bought and returned… which could mean anything. I’ve thought of grabbing it and using the bigger stone for a solitaire and the smaller one as a pendant… but I struggle with warmer colors, sigh.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
They owe us pictures whoever they are! As payment for finding it for them!
Absolutely! And since I posted it, they should probably just lend it to me for a while!

I posted about it and the general consensus is the color TRR listed is not accurate - which doesn’t shock me. I am so not color sensitive (color insensitive?) that I can’t even guess what the color actually is. The second stone also appears to have a chip. I’m going to keep watching it. If anyone here buys it, please post pics.
All I know is that the smaller stone looks much more tinted than the bigger! TRR photography is so terrible that guessing anything more than that they're definitely mid-alphabet or warmer seems impossible to me. My personal level of color sensitivity is that my mom's E pendant looks whiter to me than my G/H earrings which look whiter than my grandma's unknown color diamond ring, but that's all I've got.

I think this has actually been bought and returned… which could mean anything. I’ve thought of grabbing it and using the bigger stone for a solitaire and the smaller one as a pendant… but I struggle with warmer colors, sigh.
Definitely not for someone who doesn't like warmer colors! If only we could see how the cut looks and how eye clean they are. It wasn't very nice of the buyer to return without posting more photos for us :naughty:

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1713047724058.png

And the top 3.56 carat looks like a lighter color higher crown, than the 2.31 bottom diamond which looks like M color. Top diamond looks really pretty.

For reference, but it was years ago, TRR listed a diamond as an H that I bought and it turned out to be a GIA Lab Reported E. You could see from the profile that it was really white. So their Gemologists are kind of all over the map. Usually I’d try to get someone on PS who knows how to gauge color accuracy to estimate. I’m not to be trusted, but it looks like possibly an L on the top and an M on the bottom. HOWEVER, if someone bought it and returned it, they likely know something we don’t…

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I’m looking to be talked into or out of this, but was wondering if the experts here had guesses for what era this is from? Platinum with 3tcw of what looks like single cut diamonds and ruby eyes and I suspect it was once a brooch.

IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if I’m looking to be talked into or out of this, but was wondering if the experts here had guesses for what era this is from? Platinum with 3tcw of what looks like single cut diamonds and ruby eyes and I suspect it was once a brooch.

IMG_3537.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg

No clue but I like it!

Tinytreasurers

Rough_Rock
I am by no means an expert, but swallow Jewelry was very popular during the Victorian era as a symbol for coming home. It's popularity in Jewelry extended through the Edwardian, which is what your piece looks like.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No clue but I like it!

Haha that’s where I’m at with it too! I’m taking the earlier advice in this thread to heart: if you like it and can swing it and it’s not mass produced, go for it.
I make an offer so we will see! I’ve bought and returned from this vendor before, so not too worrried about returning it if I don’t love it in person.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha that’s where I’m at with it too! I’m taking the earlier advice in this thread to heart: if you like it and can swing it and it’s not mass produced, go for it.
I make an offer so we will see! I’ve bought and returned from this vendor before, so not too worrried about returning it if I don’t love it in person.

Yayyyyyyy!!!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am by no means an expert, but swallow Jewelry was very popular during the Victorian era as a symbol for coming home. It's popularity in Jewelry extended through the Edwardian, which is what your piece looks like.

I googled “Edwardian diamond swallow” and I think your thoughts are spot on! A lot of the pieces are also with single cut diamonds and platinum. Neat!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone like flower rings?

I asked and pricing is 2250, tcw around .70, all plat. Blurry pics because I took video sceeenshots

Screenshot_20240416_074855_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20240416_074848_Instagram.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results