shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my quest for the perfect transitional cut I've found a lot of cool rings.

1. I'm soooo tempted to get this one bc the biggest stone has potential for the chunky facets i want. But posting it anyway because I'm hemming and hawing

2. Love how unique this is:

3. Too much of an OEC for me, which is heartbreaking bc I adore the setting

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
In my quest for the perfect transitional cut I've found a lot of cool rings.

1. I'm soooo tempted to get this one bc the biggest stone has potential for the chunky facets i want. But posting it anyway because I'm hemming and hawing

2. Love how unique this is:

3. Too much of an OEC for me, which is heartbreaking bc I adore the setting

I’m always tempted by those types of rings in #1 then I think of the labor of resetting….

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, you guys!! What do I do?! A ring that I absolutely fell in love with on Etsy a while back, but missed out on, is now for sale from a different eBay vendor. For more than 50% more. It's the exact same ring, same inscription, size, weight. Everything. The same ring. Though the first vendor called it platinum, and the newest is calling it 14k. So that's a thing. I'm so conflicted. I've been thinking about this ring for so long. But the thought of spending so much more for it, for no good reason, just galls me. And then there's the little issue of how I'm supposed to be on Ban Island. WHAT DO I DO??? :oops2:

1712941099468.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, you guys!! What do I do?! A ring that I absolutely fell in love with on Etsy a while back, but missed out on, is now for sale from a different eBay vendor. For more than 50% more. It's the exact same ring, same inscription, size, weight. Everything. The same ring. Though the first vendor called it platinum, and the newest is calling it 14k. So that's a thing. I'm so conflicted. I've been thinking about this ring for so long. But the thought of spending so much more for it, for no good reason, just galls me. And then there's the little issue of how I'm supposed to be on Ban Island. WHAT DO I DO??? :oops2:

1712941099468.png

Ask if they will take an offer and try to negotiate a lower price.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1712941099468.png

GET IT!!! But, make a lower offer and ask if there’s a metal stamp or they tested.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Well, @Mreader and @kgizo I offered 20% off, and seller accepted. TBH, I wanted it regardless of metal content, so I'll have my guy check it out just for my knowledge and peace of mind once I receive it.

Ok, shuffling off to Mega-Ultra-Ban Island now.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, @Mreader and @kgizo I offered 20% off, and seller accepted. TBH, I wanted it regardless of metal content, so I'll have my guy check it out once I receive it.

Yayyyy!!!!

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Well, @Mreader and @kgizo I offered 20% off, and seller accepted. TBH, I wanted it regardless of metal content, so I'll have my guy check it out once I receive it.

YESSS!!!! I have learned the hard way, that if you are truly in love with a piece, and it’s not a mass produced, and you can financially swing it, just buy it. It’s not worth passing up something you love, and spend months on end thinking about it. Congrats, such an adorable ring!!!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
YESSS!!!! I have learned the hard way, that if you are truly in love with a piece, and it’s not a mass produced, and you can financially swing it, just buy it. It’s not worth passing up something you love, and spend months on end thinking about it. Congrats, such an adorable ring!!!

When I saw it in my eBay suggestions, I literally shouted out loud "Wha! It's the same ring!!"!

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Yup same. I would probably wear it as it is, but again not sure I'd be happy w the faceting so wanted to share.

I might be crazy, but I love those flamboyant 50s settings, they are so easy to dress up and down.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Well, @Mreader and @kgizo I offered 20% off, and seller accepted. TBH, I wanted it regardless of metal content, so I'll have my guy check it out just for my knowledge and peace of mind once I receive it.

I can see why you love it! The carving is beautiful and very defined. Let us see shots once you receive it!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone looking for a big low color diamond? I like the faceting although I know it’s a little crazy. I assume the price is pounds.

CBD72EE5-C0A4-493C-A8EB-1737FAF08FB4.jpeg

09F7189B-6FB9-4EB8-A542-E6C08732118E.png

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so glad you bought it. The design and detailed carving are fabulous. And congrats on getting the seller down 20%.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like jabel but can't see the inside:

Decent price for the stones/setting:

Large size for an engraved band:

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Looks like jabel but can't see the inside:

Decent price for the stones/setting:

Large size for an engraved band:

That first ring is so pretty, and a size 10.5 might make it a good middle/index finger piece for someone!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have tiny wrists and looking for a hinged bangle? 5.75" circumference. If it were 6", I would consider it... Available in the Brooklyn store, 20k yellow and 14k white gold, 11.7g and 1.05ctw for $1300. Happy for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to tell me that this is a terrible bracelet, though!

1713033185905.png
edit: hm, there's a hallmark of 900 apparently -- any chance it's yellow gold and platinum? Or is 900 a gold hallmark I'm not aware of?

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I so agree with this. (I’m sad about losing out on a once in a lifetime deal on a ruby ring, that I told myself no to because I have items I need to sell first.)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone have tiny wrists and looking for a hinged bangle? 5.75" circumference. If it were 6", I would consider it... Available in the Brooklyn store, 20k yellow and 14k white gold, 11.7g and 1.05ctw for $1300. Happy for someone who actually knows what they're talking about to tell me that this is a terrible bracelet, though!

1713033185905.png
edit: hm, there's a hallmark of 900 apparently -- any chance it's yellow gold and platinum? Or is 900 a gold hallmark I'm not aware of?

900 is Iridium Platinum which was used from the Edwardian period up until about ten years ago. This looks like a Modern piece 1940s onwards?? due to the diamond cuts and the “900” not “Plat” or “Irid” but it looks really good quality, if it’s 18k yellow gold it’s likely European… This is a lovely piece! (950 is Rhuthenium Platinum.). No it’s not 14K or Silver which would be marked as 925 in modern times but in old times (Victorian) it wasn’t marked at all.

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

1713033185905.png

It would fit me lol. But is that curve deliberate?? Or is it bent? The stones don’t look old cut.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
900 is Iridium Platinum which was used from the Edwardian period up until about ten years ago. This looks like a Modern piece 1940s onwards?? due to the diamond cuts and the “900” not “Plat” or “Irid” but it looks really good quality, if it’s 18k yellow gold it’s likely European… This is a lovely piece! (950 is Rhuthenium Platinum.). No it’s not 14K or Silver which would be marked as 925 in modern times but in old times (Victorian) it wasn’t marked at all.
TRR claims it's yellow and white gold, not platinum, but thinking about it more that didn't really make sense...
It would fit me lol. But is that curve deliberate?? Or is it bent? The stones don’t look old cut.
I had the same question. There's a ding on it at the center, maybe it got knocked out of shape? But seems like it would maybe be worth bringing to a jeweler to see if it could be repaired if it is bent. I'm wondering if it's worth ordering to see if they were off on the measurement in a direction that would be helpful to me, but I've bought several pieces recently and really need to stop. I agree that the stones look modern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results