shape
carat
color
clarity

Dispatch from Ban Island

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Am I the only one new to Ban Island as of 2024? Anyone else want, or need, to join me? Or have advice on how to survive my banishment? I'm already off to a terrible start. I (accidentally) bought a loose diamond the other day to match a loosie I already had. So basically I need to be locked away without access to wifi. Halp!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in ban island too, due to hefty tax bills!

DK :roll2::lol-2:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'll join you xD I decided I was going to make a necklace and bracelet set for my 5 year old and myself with definitely 100 percent faux pearls for obvious reasons. And I have found it to be quite expensive o.o All these fiddly parts I never realised you needed. But now I can't do anything else for quite awhile xD

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll join you xD I decided I was going to make a necklace and bracelet set for my 5 year old and myself with definitely 100 percent faux pearls for obvious reasons. And I have found it to be quite expensive o.o All these fiddly parts I never realised you needed. But now I can't do anything else for quite awhile xD

you could buy some of that stretch nylon cord for the bracelets and use the necklace as a learn to knot oppertunity - you should be able to find a cheaper litter stirling silver catch on etsy
come on over to the pearl forum for help -we will just pretend they are real pearls and someone will help you

ps finding and cord do not count for ban island

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
you could buy some of that stretch nylon cord for the bracelets and use the necklace as a learn to knot oppertunity - you should be able to find a cheaper litter stirling silver catch on etsy
come on over to the pearl forum for help -we will just pretend they are real pearls and someone will help you

ps finding and cord do not count for ban island

I love your answer!! :D ❤️❤️❤️ I actually have a beautiful set of peacock coloured faux pearl earrings I'm going to show on fashion jewellery soon if you're interested in seeing them!! I've wanted to order from the maker for so long and I had a chance to do that thanks to holidays :D And the glass pearls or whatever they are made of. I think it's glass? Well it's obvious they're faux because of the colours. But so so so so pretty. I'm dying for the ones I ordered to get here!!

I picked up a set of clasps and French wire with some crimping beads and covers. And I'm waiting on bead caps or whatever they are called to come in too. I already had tons of nylon thread for upholstery from the last attempt I made with other faux ones ive managed to lose >.<
I've somewhat got the hang of the knotting, but it just fell apart at the clasp bit and I had no clue why until I looked it up more and realised I was going to need a little bit more than I thought and that thread on the wire by itself was always going to shred. But I have hope this time is going to go better with the newer tools xD :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your answer!! :D ❤️❤️❤️ I actually have a beautiful set of peacock coloured faux pearl earrings I'm going to show on fashion jewellery soon if you're interested in seeing them!! I've wanted to order from the maker for so long and I had a chance to do that thanks to holidays :D And the glass pearls or whatever they are made of. I think it's glass? Well it's obvious they're faux because of the colours. But so so so so pretty. I'm dying for the ones I ordered to get here!!

I picked up a set of clasps and French wire with some crimping beads and covers. And I'm waiting on bead caps or whatever they are called to come in too. I already had tons of nylon thread for upholstery from the last attempt I made with other faux ones ive managed to lose >.<
I've somewhat got the hang of the knotting, but it just fell apart at the clasp bit and I had no clue why until I looked it up more and realised I was going to need a little bit more than I thought and that thread on the wire by itself was always going to shred. But I have hope this time is going to go better with the newer tools xD :D

definatly want to see them :kiss2:

Joanne10

Rough_Rock
I found my people!

That being said… Please help! I am so tempted to buy something. It’s small. It’s cheapish. But I promised DH I wouldn’t buy anything else this year. A resolution a lot harder to keep than I thought… So please, talk me out of it.

Photo of the forbidden fruit attached. Pendant. Supposedly rubies. I want it so bad. IMG_2763.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2764.png
    IMG_2764.png
    538.5 KB · Views: 5

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I found my people!

That being said… Please help! I am so tempted to buy something. It’s small. It’s cheapish. But I promised DH I wouldn’t buy anything else this year. A resolution a lot harder to keep than I thought… So please, talk me out of it.

Photo of the forbidden fruit attached. Pendant. Supposedly rubies. I want it so bad. IMG_2763.jpeg

Your people will not help you avoid shiny speed bumps on the road to life. It's pretty cute harmless little fruit. We know that was an apple used for temptation. You should be okay with grapes.

if you find yourself on ban island, I may be there too, so I'll save you a coconut.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found my people!

i have a mango and a banana for you
those grapes are lovely:kiss2:

i can see why you are tempted
i can tell you being on ban island sucks:(

chere

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends, is there space for one more?

Ban Island is frigid in the north. I found another Mackage parka on the clearance rack a couple of weeks ago and I was walking on thin ice around the DH.

Then delivery man and Ring door bell gave me up on this beauty.

Mackage Calla.jpg

Pear 1.jpg

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Well, another Ban Island failure here. I just made a down payment on a gorgeous ring from Leslielsc that I have absolutely no business buying, but the heart wants what the heart wants, right? Now I have to put my plans for the rest of the year on hold until I manage to sell some things. Le sigh. Can someone explain to me again why money doesn't just grow on trees???

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Well, another Ban Island failure here. I just made a down payment on a gorgeous ring from Leslielsc that I have absolutely no business buying, but the heart wants what the heart wants, right? Now I have to put my plans for the rest of the year on hold until I manage to sell some things. Le sigh. Can someone explain to me again why money doesn't just grow on trees???

Pics pretty please!!! ❤️

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was scrolling through her old posts, looking for inspiration, and saw this ring, and noticed it didn't say SOLD, so I messaged her, and it was still available. Dangit. She offered me a nice little discount, and, well, here we are!

ban island is like a diet, we all need the odd cheat day:lol-2:
1709953228062.png
1709953419001.png
i am back on ban island but i bend the rules and have new things made from left overs that may or may not require extra new parts ....;)2
your new ring was totally so worth the cheat day:kiss2:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was scrolling through her old posts, looking for inspiration, and saw this ring, and noticed it didn't say SOLD, so I messaged her, and it was still available. Dangit. She offered me a nice little discount, and, well, here we are!

Oh my! And OEC and elongated cushion ruby sidestones? In a bezel setting? That is IMHO hitting the jackpot. Gorgeous!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
@lala646 SCORE! What a great ring, love the glow-y rubies. Worth a trip to the island, I would say!

Yes, but see, I was already ON Ban Island.
[
giphy.gif

And I have since broken the ban again.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
We're together ...hahaha, I bought two diamonds this month. Off to post stuff to sell and appease the gods.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
We're together ...hahaha, I bought two diamonds this month. Off to post stuff to sell and appease the gods.

Same! I've finally posted some of my jewelry for sale on eBay, since I haven't been getting bites from Loupe Troop. I don't love it, but (recent purchases aside) I'm trying to trim down my commitment to this hobby.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Same! I've finally posted some of my jewelry for sale on eBay, since I haven't been getting bites from Loupe Troop. I don't love it, but (recent purchases aside) I'm trying to trim down my commitment to this hobby.

I also put things up on eBay, which I don't like to use. I find it very hard not to buy unless I stay away from PS. This is why I come and go. But I do enjoy my time here. On the island, not so much...:D

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I also put things up on eBay, which I don't like to use. I find it very hard not to buy unless I stay away from PS. This is why I come and go. But I do enjoy my time here. On the island, not so much...:D

As far as islands go, this has got to be one of the worst!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dispatch from Ban Island Governing Council

Dear Prisoners,

Due to climate induced rising sea levels, the island will be underwater within 24 hrs. Mandatory evacuation is in process and you should proceed via the nearest route to the ships that will take you off the island. You are hereby declared free of your imprisonment and your right to the pursuit of guilt-free happiness is re-established herewith and henceforth.

Yolo, Carpe Diem and STUD (shop til you drop)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ships will be leaving the island in the following order:

Yolo - departs promptly at sunrise. Breakfast cocktails will be served. Please report to the dining room in any attire you like -- as long as you're wearing some bling!

Carpe Diem - departs around noon. All escapees with diamonds exhibiting strong blue fluorescence are encouraged to take this ship. We ask that you spend time on deck with your diamonds and phones/cameras to capture images.

STUD - will be the last departure from the island, pulling anchor at sunset. This will be an overnight cruise giving everyone the opportunity to rest up so you are Ready To Go once we arrive on the mainland. Our arrival at the dock is scheduled to occur just before the jewelry stores will be opening their doors for the day. Wear comfy shoes.

:lol:

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, group thoughts on this ban-breaker?

Pros: 1. Lusciously hefty 2. Fits me perfectly 3. I was planning on making my own emerald gypsy, and this saves me the effort of going custom.

Cons: I don't know much about emeralds to know if this was worth the purchase price. Being from TRR, there is no info on the emerald other than "natural" and ct size.
20240319_154125.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results