shape
carat
color
clarity

Dispatch from Ban Island

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Meanwhile I’m off the island and planning how naughty I want to be!!

What are you thinking about doing? I’m still on ban island (mostly) and living vicariously through everyone else who isn’t on island. :)

danusia

Rough_Rock
After getting my rings resized and my huggies redone, I was ready to purchase some diamond studs until we got a quote to redo our cement driveway. $15,000 without the walkway, $20,000 for all. yikes! And that was his cash discount price (cash discount was no sales tax) how generous of him. And now DH added crown molding for family room and center hall, new back entry and storm door and painting to the mix (different really good contractor who we used before and very reasonable ) so studs are off the table for now.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meanwhile I’m off the island and planning how naughty I want to be!!

Whew, that was a long banishment. You must be totally de-blinged, crusty with sand, and odiferous. Welcome back to Bling Land and happy purchasing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
how we all doing ?
1668640462791.png
i need to buy a new washing machine like yesterday and the council tax bill just arrived and the morgage is about to come due for re-fixing :angryfire:
and cat food is not getting any cheaper and nor is toilet paper

but also i have been careless and cant find my modest but much loved little collection of recently purchsed Larimar pieces - we are not talking massive $$$$$$ but still a couple of weeks wages (I only work part time)
sigh
and more sighs
so i am on ban island as punsihment or at least until the little blue box turns up
however i am off to the jewlers in the next few days to pick up a repair and to drop another off so that would be nice to have to wear for Christmas this year

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm on an island in the Ban Archipelago.

My island is named No Sparklies Until Christmas. :(

But I can see a ship far off in the distance. Every day it inches closer. It is piloted by Santa himself, his elves as sailors. The ship may or may not stop for me, it all depends on if I am good in the near-term. If I can stick to my budget, Santa may stop! If I'm naughty, and dine out too much, or buy clothes, it will leave me marooned on my island.

Me on Ban Island:

Marooned+Small.jpg

I see a ship waaay in the distance!
Santa, Santa, I'm here! Don't leave me! Come get me!!!!!

MS_Santa2.jpg

i have seen Christmas adds on tv .........

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
i have seen Christmas adds on tv .........

Our neighbors put up their Christmas lights the day after Halloween! (Nov 1)

I'm still on Ban Island for the moment. We had some unexpected expenses (home repairs and an IRS bill for a mistake on our 2020 tax forms! Yikes!) And we're waiting on clients to pay us. Soooo....I have to see how it all shakes out before I know if I'm allowed any sparklies at Christmas. Its killing me!!!!

Sorry about your washing machine, and misplacing your bling. Sending good vibes in your direction for it to turn up soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our neighbors put up their Christmas lights the day after Halloween! (Nov 1)

I'm still on Ban Island for the moment. We had some unexpected expenses (home repairs and an IRS bill for a mistake on our 2020 tax forms! Yikes!) And we're waiting on clients to pay us. Soooo....I have to see how it all shakes out before I know if I'm allowed any sparklies at Christmas. Its killing me!!!!

Sorry about your washing machine, and misplacing your bling. Sending good vibes in your direction for it to turn up soon.
thank you =)2
but ouch
for the tax error

we get $22 deducted every week off Gary's pension because i earned too much last year:(2

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elon Musks starlight satillilites got activated on my side of the island and Etsy found me and made me order a blue sapphire stacker and small blue sapphire earrings.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Etsy is sneaky like that. I came real close to ordering a rose cut necklace last night.

ETA for anyone reading in the future… no, I am not ironically referring to my avatar, although that would have been really funny.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on Ban Island too, after having committed to buy the whopper blue green Tourmaline from Jeff W.

Also, I need to keep some spare pennies back for my trip to Tucson and Arizona next January/February 2023.

DK :))

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I am on Ban Island too, after having committed to buy the whopper blue green Tourmaline from Jeff W.

Also, I need to keep some spare pennies back for my trip to Tucson and Arizona next January/February 2023.

DK :))

Oh I’m hoping to go to Tuscon in 2024… see you there??

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
anybody else back on ban island
i just paid the council rates (property tax) but have another to pay and also the gas bill

looks like i wont be getting my pearl tiara/choker in time for the corination

thumb_720_450_dreamstime_m_161877875.jpg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
anybody else back on ban island
i just paid the council rates (property tax) but have another to pay and also the gas bill

looks like i wont be getting my pearl tiara/choker in time for the corination

thumb_720_450_dreamstime_m_161877875.jpg

I didn't know which emoji to post, sad or laughing, as the predicament of ban island is sad, but the picture is hilarious!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so how's it going ?
i got a few weeks of extra hours-(quite a few extra hour as two of my workmates were sick (not covid) and i desided i did not want to squander the extra wages on bills :lol-2:
i tried to be good and only buy things to finish off projects, so findings, extra gemstone beads and i finally found a local reasonably priced pearl knotter

but now ....
and before i put myself back on ban island :lol-2:

im looking at more whitby jet -now i have a necklace remade and im wearing it, it is just so light and comfortable to wear

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I have one more payment on my dream pearl studs from Andrew Moline, and then it's Ban Island for a while. I'm going to go shopping in my jewelry box and the pieces I inherited from my mom. Her taste is so different from mine that many of the things I chose - like Elvis - are just not things I could ever wear, but some, like her emerald halo earrings, I quite love.

Elvis and emeralds:
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 13.26.01.png Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 10.32.12.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@empliau, the green of those emeralds is amazing. I mean, they look like amazing stones. I once thought about buying tsavorites and drove a very nice vendor crazy sending me many (all of which I returned). Emeralds are just special. I have some I got in Colombia that are very small with color that is not very deep...but there are no inclusions and the green is a true green.

I don't want to threadjack. I have been on ban island for over a year. I do not even wear any jewelry except a cheap watch. But I still love looking.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
@empliau, the green of those emeralds is amazing. I once thought about buying tsavorites and drove a very nice vendor crazy sending me many (all of which I returned). Emeralds are just special. I have some I got in Colombia that are very small with color that is not very deep...but there are no inclusions and the green is a true green.

I don't want to threadjack. I have been on ban island for over a year. I do not even wear any jewelry except a cheap watch. But I still love looking.

I didn't think of myself as the halo type, but when I tried them on, I really loved them. Also, years ago my mother gave me (I thought) emerald studs. They were small - my mother, understandably, spent more on her jewelry than on ours - but are a stunning green. Years later I asked the jeweler and he said no, those aren't emeralds, they're green garnets. I wonder if I have little tsavorites?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I have one more payment on my dream pearl studs from Andrew Moline, and then it's Ban Island for a while. I'm going to go shopping in my jewelry box and the pieces I inherited from my mom. Her taste is so different from mine that many of the things I chose - like Elvis - are just not things I could ever wear, but some, like her emerald halo earrings, I quite love.

Elvis and emeralds:
Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 13.26.01.png Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 10.32.12.png

I'd be rockin' Elvis every chance I could! Looks like it would make a great index finger ring. I would love to see a profile pic!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i went for a paddle in the shallows
1694158571449.png
a bit naughty but what ever !!
i recently brought quite a lot of moss agate (that stuff is adictive, i just wanted to play with it)
anyway i took it in to get knotted and a clasp added today
but i think i can almost still include it in my rules of nothing new till everythng is werable as it gave a home to a silver Nordic pendant my Swedish friend had given me several years ago
this is the etsy picture of the moss agate but its much much nicer in person
of course its costing more to string it than it did to buy, but its just so pretty

1694158908486.png

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
i went for a paddle in the shallows
1694158571449.png
a bit naughty but what ever !!
i recently brought quite a lot of moss agate (that stuff is adictive, i just wanted to play with it)
anyway i took it in to get knotted and a clasp added today
but i think i can almost still include it in my rules of nothing new till everythng is werable as it gave a home to a silver Nordic pendant my Swedish friend had given me several years ago
this is the etsy picture of the moss agate but its much much nicer in person
of course its costing more to string it than it did to buy, but its just so pretty

1694158908486.png

Wow, if it is even prettier in person, I can't wait to see it strung! I love the variation in colors!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
My ban list so far had been rose cuts and green stones. Now adding pink stones and round stones to the list. (Exceptions may apply for melee…)

I have a fascination with ~0.5 ct solitaires and need to take a hiatus from those, as well, regardless of shape :lol:

IMG_1899.jpeg
(Light pink is lab).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ban list so far had been rose cuts and green stones. Now adding pink stones and round stones to the list. (Exceptions may apply for melee…)

I have a fascination with ~0.5 ct solitaires and need to take a hiatus from those, as well, regardless of shape :lol:

IMG_1899.jpeg
(Light pink is lab).

lucky you still have the rest of the rainbow to shop from
1702617833343.jpeg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_1899.jpeg
(Light pink is lab).

Oh, but they look so nice stacked up all together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results