shape
carat
color
clarity

Somebody's Gotta Buy This Piece!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't vouch for the seller bc I just found him/her on ebay but these pieces look really nice

Supposedly original vintage with really nice deep floral engraving

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
This necklace reminds me of a recent post. Peridots and Garnets Edwardian necklace.

I love that! Are you referring to my recent post about the harlequin jewelry I bought from a fellow PSer?

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Can't vouch for the seller bc I just found him/her on ebay but these pieces look really nice

Well they certainly have a lot of gorgeous pieces. And I like that they seem to have a lot of rings in larger sizes, which is such a rarity for antique pieces.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that! Are you referring to my recent post about the harlequin jewelry I bought from a fellow PSer?

Yes! I’m sorry I couldn’t recall the original poster and it was you. I love your Harlequin necklace and bracelet. I wish we could know the history behind the use of semiprecious stones during the Edwardian period - kind of a nod to Victorian Era?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I’m sorry I couldn’t recall the original poster and it was you. I love your Harlequin necklace and bracelet. I wish we could know the history behind the use of semiprecious stones during the Edwardian period - kind of a nod to Victorian Era?

If I were choosing a superpower, it would be to know the history of any object I touched.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Anyone want some huge JAR earrings in titanium and glass? A pair went for $3k in this colorway at Sotheby's but I don't know when that was and for $4375 at Christie's a few years ago. These just changed to a 50% markdown on TRR today and are now $3187.50, so maybe not the deal of the century but I think they're a reasonably good price if you love them (which I do, I just can't justify them!). They originally sold for $2000 at the Metropolitan Museum in 2014.

1713384166874.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just a PSA on TRR since lots of ppl have been sharing items from them alot. Pay attention to your returns if you return something. Twice now I have been within the return window, for an item that is refundable, and they issued a site credit instead of a refund to my cc. This is after I had specifically selected refund to cc (they give you a choice when you file for the return). It was really annoying and I had to be online with customer service for awhile both times. They changed it for me, but it seems sneaky to me. So be on the lookout. :angryfire:

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Just a PSA on TRR since lots of ppl have been sharing items from them alot. Pay attention to your returns if you return something. Twice now I have been within the return window, for an item that is refundable, and they issued a site credit instead of a refund to my cc. This is after I had specifically selected refund to cc (they give you a choice when you file for the return). It was really annoying and I had to be online with customer service for awhile both times. They changed it for me, but it seems sneaky to me. So be on the lookout. :angryfire:

Wow, that's shocking and horrible! Thank you for sharing your experience.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love that ring, Steph! The color on the sapphire is really nice.
I love this idea for a thread. Here's my contribution--a beautiful ruby and OEC three stone from Gilded Lane that I've been coveting for a while now. I'd grab this in a heartbeat if I had the budget.

Ruby Ring.jpg
Ruby Ring 4.jpg
Ruby Ring 5.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/479100160/reduced-antique-diamond-and-heat-only?ref=user_profile

This is really interesting. It is not the same ring but it is very close. This is the original from Gilded Lane, which I adored. I”m sure it had a Burmese Ruby.

This is a link to an Enhoerning Jewelry ring that seems to be getting certification. It’s my second chance to get (close to) this style ring!!! But, alas, I don’t have a money tree.

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wouldn't this make a pretty bauble for your hair? Easy enough to replace the missing stone.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

@Mreader I also had the same experience.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wouldn't this make a pretty bauble for your hair? Easy enough to replace the missing stone.

I really need to stop following this thread...I put in an offer of $500 and they accepted lol. Can't wait to see it! I actually have been looking for a scarf pin so hopefully this will work for that, I don't mind the missing diamond and Im' sure my jeweler could replace it.

I figure for the weight in platinum alone at 10g it was a good deal lol.
1713449373828.png

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anyone want some huge JAR earrings in titanium and glass? A pair went for $3k in this colorway at Sotheby's but I don't know when that was and for $4375 at Christie's a few years ago. These just changed to a 50% markdown on TRR today and are now $3187.50, so maybe not the deal of the century but I think they're a reasonably good price if you love them (which I do, I just can't justify them!). They originally sold for $2000 at the Metropolitan Museum in 2014.

1713384166874.png

How are these worn??? Lol

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is really interesting. It is not the same ring but it is very close. This is the original from Gilded Lane, which I adored. I”m sure it had a Burmese Ruby.

This is a link to an Enhoerning Jewelry ring that seems to be getting certification. It’s my second chance to get (close to) this style ring!!! But, alas, I don’t have a money tree.

Ugh ugh ugh my DREAM to own something like that.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I really need to stop following this thread...I put in an offer of $500 and they accepted lol. Can't wait to see it! I actually have been looking for a scarf pin so hopefully this will work for that, I don't mind the missing diamond and Im' sure my jeweler could replace it.

I figure for the weight in platinum alone at 10g it was a good deal lol.
1713449373828.png

Definitely! Did they say the ctw of the stones? I envision a bracelet ...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely! Did they say the ctw of the stones? I envision a bracelet ...

They didn't. I suspect the price was so low because they mostly sell coins lol. But they have over 12k sales and 100% rating, so I'm taking a gamble. They tested the metal, and the cuts looks right for the time period (and wonky enough that I don't think they're cz) but I'll take it to my jeweler when it arrives next week! My guess is 1.5 tcw? Just based on other brooches of that size I've seen

I’d love guessed more educated than mine though.

IMG_3598.png

Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering too and found this photo from Sotheby's when looking for pricing. But how to get them on/store them, etc.? Who knows!

1713452540171.png

I’m still confused!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
They didn't. I suspect the price was so low because they mostly sell coins lol. But they have over 12k sales and 100% rating, so I'm taking a gamble. They tested the metal, and the cuts looks right for the time period (and wonky enough that I don't think they're cz) but I'll take it to my jeweler when it arrives next week! My guess is 1.5 tcw? Just based on other brooches of that size I've seen

I’d love guessed more educated than mine though.

IMG_3598.png

Those are the best sellers. Pawn shops and coin sellers who rarely sell diamonds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

1713384166874.png

36 grams. OUCH!

HarrietVane

Rough_Rock

I added a couple of pieces from this seller to my saved items on eBay and the seller offered me a discount. Now isn't a good time for me to be buying anything (I wish!), but it could be helpful if someone finds a piece they really want!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results