shape
carat
color
clarity

And now for everyone's favorite gem color... brown.

This has to be a typo, correct? I thought maybe they meant to say a 10.00ct. stone, but the report confirms 1.00ct. The price must have an extra zero in there... even with a pink modifier, that's insane.

Sorry, I'm spamming my own thread. You know what I also noticed? Every single brown diamond I looked at on JA (hundreds) has internal graining. I guess it must have something specific to do with brown diamonds and the way the crystal grows as a result of impurities or defects in the lattice structure. Most seem to have some level of fluorescence as well (mine is "faint").

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same!
nod.gif
Are you one of our diamond connoisseurs, @Rfisher? I'd like to pose this question over on RT... has anyone ever seen a diamond certified by the GIA as pure fancy brown (no modifier) or gray-brown? I did not come across any in my travels, and I'm super curious.

ETA: Some of the fancy darks simply say brown, but I assume that's because it's difficult to see a modifier with a darker toned gem.
No to the connoisseurs- just a pleb!

Here’s a fancy brown - David’s description seems to correlate with you that it’s not commonly seen without a modifier.

Now a fancy grey brown - that sounds kinda interesting!

No to the connoisseurs- just a pleb!

Here’s a fancy brown - David’s description seems to correlate with you that it’s not commonly seen without a modifier.

Now a fancy grey brown - that sounds kinda interesting!

Interesting! Pleb here as well. :wavey:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Autumn in New England am I reading the wrong prices???

Cuz ......... Where is the emoji for mind blown

The prices!!!!!

I actually thought I paid a fortune for my ring a billion years ago. Like waaaay too much (but the heart wants what it wants)

But these prices.... For brown?????

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Autumn in New England
Total threadjack!

Would you consider this lab report as ‘enough’ and if so…….
Where would you rate the the listed price at, if one wanted this as project stones?

I love threadjacks (I'm often the cause of them), though this is absolutely on topic! Oh that bracelet is lovely... and right up my alley. I always like to preface these comments with this disclaimer - I am not a diamond connoisseur. Not sure I'm an "anything" connoisseur, but I'm definitely more comfortable with CS. lol That being said, diamonds, and especially FCDs, are one of those stones where I only trust the GIA to grade them. I've read a lot about how other labs often exaggerate color and clarity grades. So I'd definitely want to have these stones recertified. Each diamond is about .06ct./2.5mm, so, for instance, Langerman has their fancy pink VS .06ct. melee priced at $900/stone. And their prices are lower than I am regularly quoted stateside. Obviously, this bracelet includes a lot of other colors, but the price is fabulous if the stones are as described (fancy light or better and VVS to VS). You'd also have the gold scrap, which is a nice bonus. For anyone interested, I'd just encourage them to negotiate a generous return policy. :)

Half carat pink champagne diamond. I never wear it, but I should. She’s a sparkler! 27B238D1-1ACC-4215-8050-3BAEF8025592.jpeg B399B954-A28B-4027-A511-FC0655666114.jpeg

Oh honey, please wear her! Though I should talk. :D Browns with a pink modifier are the most expensive for two reasons... they're the rarest in the brown/champagne family, but also because they're the most beautiful (IMHO). Mine is "yellowish-brown." But it's true, these warmer diamond shades really do have a unique fire, don't they? Thank you for sharing!!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I love threadjacks (I'm often the cause of them), though this is absolutely on topic! Oh that bracelet is lovely... and right up my alley. I always like to preface these comments with this disclaimer - I am not a diamond connoisseur. Not sure I'm an "anything" connoisseur, but I'm definitely more comfortable with CS. lol That being said, diamonds, and especially FCDs, are one of those stones where I only trust the GIA to grade them. I've read a lot about how other labs often exaggerate color and clarity grades. So I'd definitely want to have these stones recertified. Each diamond is about .06ct./2.5mm, so, for instance, Langerman has their fancy pink VS .06ct. melee priced at $900/stone. And their prices are lower than I am regularly quoted stateside. Obviously, this bracelet includes a lot of other colors, but the price is fabulous if the stones are as described (fancy light or better and VVS to VS). You'd also have the gold scrap, which is a nice bonus. For anyone interested, I'd just encourage them to negotiate a generous return policy. :)

Since I have nothing useful to say here and we are all threadjacking…what is your preferred method of metal scrapping? Jeweler? Mailing it somewhere?

Since I have nothing useful to say here and we are all threadjacking…what is your preferred method of metal scrapping? Jeweler? Mailing it somewhere?

I hope someone comes along to answer this question, because it's a good one. I have actually never scrapped gold before! And, I'll tell you what, I wish I had, instead of selling some of my first, less expensive pieces. I think I could have recouped more $ just selling the gold than finding the right customer for each.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope someone comes along to answer this question, because it's a good one. I have actually never scrapped gold before! And, I'll tell you what, I wish I had, instead of selling some of my first, less expensive pieces. I think I could have recouped more $ just selling the gold than finding the right customer for each.

well you guys have much more options but i scarped some really ugly pieces a couple of years back
they were project pieces that were too ugly to ever happen and earrings id grown out of
when i lived in bigger cities they had gold dealers at the malls but not here so i just googled, read some reviews, did a google search on them and sent an email and i recieved back a courier bag
all went well and the money was very forthcoming, but i live in a small country where rip off artists make the next day's papers

and i am sure rehoming your rings was a more asthetically pleasing thing to do !

I live in a small country where rip off artists make the next day's papers

and i am sure rehoming your rings was a more asthetically pleasing thing to do !

That's awesome... as well they should!

Yeah, I didn't quite have the heart to rip the stones out of my old pieces. Seemed cruel. lol

Nothing doing on this guy just yet, unfortunately! I have Adam at OWD making some studs for me and then onto the red/blue spinel ring. But I hope to have the autumn ring in motion by September (funds willing)!!
1899458mhqlilyd45.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing doing on this guy just yet, unfortunately! I have Adam at OWD making some studs for me and then onto the red/blue spinel ring. But I hope to have the autumn ring in motion by September (funds willing)!!
1899458mhqlilyd45.gif

thanks for the update
IMG_3607-1.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
image.png.48bdd5efcc98fb0b606b8cc530102017.png

just wanting to keep this ticking along as you guys roast in mid summer
(frezzing here all week at night)
Autumn will be here before you know it
i saw some early cheer flowering in the weeds this week

jeunessedoree

Rough_Rock
Hi guys - sorry for bumping an old thread!

I’ve started a new project and I’m quite excited about it. My jeweller offered me a champagne diamond back in Feb - I put a holding deposit on it, and I’m now looking to finally complete it.

It’s a 1.18 carat champagne diamond - though the official colour according to the report is Fancy Orangish-Brown, in a radiant cut, SI1.

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

I’m planning to make it into a ring, set in platinum, and I decided to go with two trilliant diamonds as side stones. I thought it would be more unique than using rounds or princess cuts. I considered tapered baguettes, but I think my jeweller said those would be harder to source. He was already annoyed as it is that I wanted trilliant diamonds, but I wanted sort of an Art-Deco vibe…

60a31d6c-3010-4e0f-9f6f-6dcd84fa889b.jpeg

f79bcaba-38fd-4164-b0a5-71421240a3ec.jpeg

The mount was already ready when I went to see him, so at least I’m getting a good idea of the finished product.

IMG_1444.jpeg

Due to costs, I’ve decided to go for lab-grown side stones for the first time, I hope I don’t regret it! I just couldn’t justify paying over the odds for two accent stones, and overall I think I’m getting a good deal from him for the whole project since we’ve known each other for a while. We initially went for 0.15 carats each, but I’ve cheekily asked if he can try and upgrade them to 0.20 carats for the same price haha. (you don’t ask, you don’t get, right?)

Anyways, thanks for letting me share! Happy to hear any opinions and thoughts. I hope I made the right decision with this stone. It’s only my second time venturing into FCD, having previously only purchased a 0.34 carat canary diamond ring. Most of my other pieces are sapphires or emeralds, so it’s a new foray for me!

Leigh10

Shiny_Rock
Hello! I just purchased my first brown HEART diamond! Her official GIA cert: 1.03ct, 5.94mm x 6.99mm, Fancy Orange Brown, Natural, Even color, SI1 with Faint Fl. She has a spectacular face-up (IMHO). I'm going to set her in rose gold 5-prong head, and I'm debating on a rose gold or platinum shank. I want to enhance her colors as much as possible. Attached are photos of her in different daylight settings (inside near a window, outside in sunlight, outside in shaded light, etc.) Her color personality shines through - different in every situation! All comments and suggestions welcome
=)2 0_IMG_2227.jpg

Attachments

• 0_IMG_2228.jpg
    0_IMG_2228.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 0_IMG_2229.jpg
    0_IMG_2229.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 9
  • 0_IMG_2231.jpg
    0_IMG_2231.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 0_IMG_2232.jpg
    0_IMG_2232.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 0_IMG_2236.jpg
    0_IMG_2236.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 10
  • 0_IMG_2237.jpg
    0_IMG_2237.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 10

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi guys - sorry for bumping an old thread!

I’ve started a new project and I’m quite excited about it. My jeweller offered me a champagne diamond back in Feb - I put a holding deposit on it, and I’m now looking to finally complete it.

It’s a 1.18 carat champagne diamond - though the official colour according to the report is Fancy Orangish-Brown, in a radiant cut, SI1.

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg

I’m planning to make it into a ring, set in platinum, and I decided to go with two trilliant diamonds as side stones. I thought it would be more unique than using rounds or princess cuts. I considered tapered baguettes, but I think my jeweller said those would be harder to source. He was already annoyed as it is that I wanted trilliant diamonds, but I wanted sort of an Art-Deco vibe…

60a31d6c-3010-4e0f-9f6f-6dcd84fa889b.jpeg

f79bcaba-38fd-4164-b0a5-71421240a3ec.jpeg

The mount was already ready when I went to see him, so at least I’m getting a good idea of the finished product.

IMG_1444.jpeg

Due to costs, I’ve decided to go for lab-grown side stones for the first time, I hope I don’t regret it! I just couldn’t justify paying over the odds for two accent stones, and overall I think I’m getting a good deal from him for the whole project since we’ve known each other for a while. We initially went for 0.15 carats each, but I’ve cheekily asked if he can try and upgrade them to 0.20 carats for the same price haha. (you don’t ask, you don’t get, right?)

Anyways, thanks for letting me share! Happy to hear any opinions and thoughts. I hope I made the right decision with this stone. It’s only my second time venturing into FCD, having previously only purchased a 0.34 carat canary diamond ring. Most of my other pieces are sapphires or emeralds, so it’s a new foray for me!

loving the brown

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello! I just purchased my first brown HEART diamond! Her official GIA cert: 1.03ct, 5.94mm x 6.99mm, Fancy Orange Brown, Natural, Even color, SI1 with Faint Fl. She has a spectacular face-up (IMHO). I'm going to set her in rose gold 5-prong head, and I'm debating on a rose gold or platinum shank. I want to enhance her colors as much as possible. Attached are photos of her in different daylight settings (inside near a window, outside in sunlight, outside in shaded light, etc.) Her color personality shines through - different in every situation! All comments and suggestions welcome
=)2 0_IMG_2227.jpg

i want to say rose gold but i really have no idea
good luck and keep us posted

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results