shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's just starting. I love Cat's hair, and I like her dress (I have a thing for anything that sparkles).

And Courtney's dress is beautiful. Seriously.

ETA: It really kind of looks like a more informal wedding dress.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to vote while my kids are sleeping, but the lines are busy like crazy.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone catch Katee's number? I've forgotten what it was.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dude. I loved the Burlesque number. That was amazing. Even BF liked it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So which K and J routine was it that you loved? Contemporary or Pasa Doble?

Personally I loved the Pasa Doble. Joshua has some incredibly athleticism going on. Holy cow. Those two are magic together, regardless...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Crap!! Do we have to sit through last weeks elimination first? It''s already almost 30 minutes in...Arrrgghhhhhh

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, did Tyce bring out the routine tonight or what??

Hands down one of my favorite routines. I can''t believe Josh. He and Katee were awesome.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Its josh and kaytee all the way!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So??????????

Spoilers people, please?!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Boo. I felt that of the last two guys, the one that went danced better than the one that stayed.

Also disappointed with the girls. Not a fan of the one who stayed, I find her to be campy and fake when she dances, although I like her movement when she dances.

Oh well, it will unsplit the final vote for me.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What does that mean?!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m happy as Bugs Bunny with a lifetime supply of carrots. I will say that I was surprised because I thought the two that left were actually going to stay.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are all of the comments?!

I''m ok with it. I''m going to miss the guy though. I thought he was lovely...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I won''t miss him that much. I will miss Will more than Mark, I think.

(Oh gawd, there go my automatic sprinklers again. I swear I really need to figure out how to set that timer. I don''t know how I screwed it up to go off at midnight. Grrrrrrrrrr..... It''s like a warning to me that I should be asleep, but hey, I''m off work right now)

I think the finale will be Katee and Josh. Even though I never thought Josh would be able to hang without the formal technical training. But that makes me admire him even more.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I just have to say that last night''s episode was the second time they used a song that was also used in Napoleon Dynomite. When they played "Canned Heat" by Jamiroquai a few weeks ago I was secretly hoping they''d throw a Napoleon move in there. Then last night when they danced to "The Rose", I soooooo wanted to see some happy hands. No dice on either. Bummer!

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I like Courtney when she dances in a choreographed dance (sometimes) but I HATE that her solos are always exactly the same. Writhe around on floor, lean back while sitting on knees and rub hands up body, jump in the air and land hard on one knee, do pretty spins, the end. You can tell she still has some of the slutty dancer for a professional basketball team thing going on and I will be massively disappointed if she wins.

I think it will be Katee.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 11:35:13 AM
Author: aliciagirl
I like Courtney when she dances in a choreographed dance (sometimes) but I HATE that her solos are always exactly the same. Writhe around on floor, lean back while sitting on knees and rub hands up body, jump in the air and land hard on one knee, do pretty spins, the end. You can tell she still has some of the slutty dancer for a professional basketball team thing going on and I will be massively disappointed if she wins.

I think it will be Katee.
This part? Cracked me up! It''s funny how some dancers (namely Twitch and Josh) have solos that are equal to or better than their choreographed dances. But Courtney''s solos are always weaker than the choreography. Katee is sort of hit or miss on the solos. I''m sure some of that is due to the fact that hip-hop is more entertaining than contemporary, but I also think it''s because Josh and Twitch can both create clever choreography.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
You can tell she still has some of the slutty dancer for a professional basketball team thing going on and I will be massively disappointed if she wins.

.[/quote]

Hey! I resemble that remark!!! And I have the hotpants & sequins to prove it. :razz: hee hee. Can I tell you how much FUN it is to dance for the pro sports teams? I loved every minute of it. Totally freakin'' cool. And funny, even though the bball dances aren''t very hard, most of those dancers are technical wizards & classically trained. Its just a fun thing to do, but you really don''t get to see the talent pool, unless you go to the pro camps.

I have to say, I haven''t watched this week''s yet, but I agree, I prefer when the dancers put some effort into choreographing a REAL routine, rather than improving around the stage & dancing freestyle.

Let''s just say in my fantasy, if I were on SYTYCD, the FIRST thing I''d do upon making it into the top 20 is have my favorite instructor/mentor choreograph 5 or 6 different solos & work on those in the month or two break they have before the show starts. I mean really...PREPARE people. But that''s just my little fantasy.... :-

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/1/2008 2:56:37 PM
Author: divergrrl

You can tell she still has some of the slutty dancer for a professional basketball team thing going on and I will be massively disappointed if she wins.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!! And I have the hotpants & sequins to prove it. :razz: hee hee. Can I tell you how much FUN it is to dance for the pro sports teams? I loved every minute of it. Totally freakin'' cool. And funny, even though the bball dances aren''t very hard, most of those dancers are technical wizards & classically trained. Its just a fun thing to do, but you really don''t get to see the talent pool, unless you go to the pro camps.

I have to say, I haven''t watched this week''s yet, but I agree, I prefer when the dancers put some effort into choreographing a REAL routine, rather than improving around the stage & dancing freestyle.

Let''s just say in my fantasy, if I were on SYTYCD, the FIRST thing I''d do upon making it into the top 20 is have my favorite instructor/mentor choreograph 5 or 6 different solos & work on those in the month or two break they have before the show starts. I mean really...PREPARE people. But that''s just my little fantasy.... :-[/quote]

That''s awesome you danced for a pro sports team! It does look like a ton of fun, just doesn''t translate well to dancing solos or doing the waltz. I would definitely have someone prepare some solos for me! I mean, Will always look like someone choreographed his and I enjoyed most of them.

I''m sure once you''re up there and nervous and don''t have a plan it would be easy to resort to the same moves you always do, I definitely understand that, but it gets olddd.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m surprised Chelsie went home. I still say Katee''s winning. They need another female winner!
1.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Two of the final four had to be rushed to Cedars Sinai after collapsing on Saturday. I don't know which two, however.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Penn where did you hear that from!?!?!

ETA: I found it...here

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Cat looks good tonight.

Her stylist did well by her for once!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah she does!!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that most of my favourite dances have been danced by Katee. (I'd list them, but there have only been a few I didn't like, which was the choreography/styles's fault instead of her dancing.)

Exceptions are Mark and Chelsie's Bleeding Love (I think remains my fave), along with Mark and Courtney's burlesque Sonja routine, and I also liked Tyce's Eden routine with Will and Jessica.

For me, there is no contest in terms of who I will vote for. When the girls were dancing their number, it was like Courtney wasn't even on the stage for me. She's a solid little dancer, but Katee has star quality.

I like both the guys but they don't make my heart race or make me 'clap with squee' when they dance.

ETA: Foxtrot?! Are you freaking kidding me?! ARGH! To heck with this noise!

Also, the guy's dance this year completely pales in comparison to the Geek Hip Hop with Benji and Travis.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Gak, the costumes in the Mia routine ... what was going on?

Is no one else watching the finale?
2.gif
I hear crickets in here.
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Josh and Twitch.

OMG. OMG. OMG.

ETA: Josh's leaps/jumps are INCREDIBLE. The leg power he has...Holy crap.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I really liked this finale! Galateia, I had the EXACT same thought as you, though, after the boys danced! They''re no Benji and Travis. In fact, I think Benji and Travis would have KILLED the Nutcracker-themed routine.

I also thought it was kind of funny how all of the judges were so "Yay, you are all fantastic and we love you" all night until Courtney and Josh did the jive. I really expected Mary to say something about their lazy retractions, but instead she fell back on her ear-piercing screams and Nigel is the one who gave them an acurate critique. Then after Mia''s routine Mary went back into critique mode, haha. I think Nigel''s comments about the jive snapped Mary out of her Paula Abdul-ness.

Oh well, I can''t wait for the next one. I''ve already voted for Katee and will just have to see who pulls it out tomorrow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really impressed with the Foxtrot from Katee and Twitch. I don''t know about technicalities, but it was really just pure entertainment. They are both amazing performers. And that lift was wow.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Katee's number is 03, right?
32.gif

Anyone know how many times we can vote?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results