shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
anyone watching?! surely i''m not the only one who''s obsessed? now that it''s getting to the good part, what do you think of this year''s dancers? and routines?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!I love SYTYCD!!!!
Did you watch last night?

I love Joshua and Katee-and their routine last night was fabulous!
I also really really liked Chelsie and Mark''s Tango-they are so cute together!
And Kourtni and Matt''s performance last night and last week.
And I also love Kherington and Twitch-their performance last night gave me chills-it was absolutely amazing.

My favorite dancer is probably is Joshua, second is Twitch. I really like Katee for the girls-but it''s the pairing between her and Joshua that is almost magical.

I don''t like Susie or Marquise anymore after last night-they totally fell apart.
I didn''t like Chelsea and Thayne''s performance last night.
(I think one of these will go home)

I don''t like Jessica and William. It bothers me that the judges seem to think he''s amazing and wonderful and can do no wrong.
I don''t like Courtney but I like Gev because he''s goofy.
I like Comfort because of her spunk but I don''t like Chris because he can''t keep up with her.

After the past two weeks, Joshua and Katee are my favorite couple, and Twitch and Kherington are a very close second.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
dang you're good! i thought i had the names down, but i'm thinkng not!
i'm actually finishing up last night's performance.

i LOVED LOVED LOVED the gev & courtney's (?) routine. loved it.

i totally thought susie just cramped or something. it's like they "got" to her and she completely lost her confidence.
40.gif

eta: just watched the last performance. chris's scarf is totally distracting! grrr.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YAAAY I watch it too-but I find myself not picking a fave until it gets down to at least 10 people. Right now I just watch for the dancing...I''m watching America''s Best Dance Crew 2 also. I didn''t watch that last season but I just love watching dancing so much so I thought I would try it out...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
more notes from wed''s performances:

chelsie - really like her
will - didn''t expect him to be SO good in that hiphop number
love katee & joshua too. she had such personality in that number.
of course, like kherington & twitch (love him!)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I've been obsessed with this show since season 1!!!

I'm not picking a favorite yet, either. I feel like I only really know about half of the dancers since I didn't get to see some of them dance in their own style. I'm still really bitter about the top 20, though. I really thought the choreographer's daughter and Brandon (the guy who danced to the Lord of the Rings in his audition) should have made it over some of the contemporary dancers they chose.

I start liking it more when they get down to 10 or so--at this point I just want to weed some of them out.

ETA: Though I said I wasn't picking favorites, I do think Will will go to the end. He really is an amazing and diverse dancer. I think the hip-hoppers are much more talented this year, but the classically-trained dancers always make it to the top. You can teach a technician to hip-hop, but it's nearly impossible to do the opposite.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you guys watching right now or has it already shown where you're at? Here I just founds out all of the bottom three couples are and now I'm watching the hottest guy ever do some Flamenco.

Holy smokes he's hot.

23.gif

ETA: I watched the marathon of Season 3 but lost interest towards the top or so because I just didn't like any of the dancers any more. I liked Lacey a lot but...she just wasn't enough. And I DID NOT like Sabra.

Who else loves Cat Deeley?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oo, I''m glad I didn''t say the results! It was already on over here.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol! Me too NEL! I was about to say who is in the bottom 3, but then I thought "What if someone in Cali or Hawaii haven't seen it yet?"
40.gif

So what performance was your favorite last night?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 10:28:03 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Are you guys watching right now or has it already shown where you''re at? Here I just founds out all of the bottom three couples are and now I''m watching the hottest guy ever do some Flamenco.

Holy smokes he''s hot.

23.gif

ETA: I watched the marathon of Season 3 but lost interest towards the top or so because I just didn''t like any of the dancers any more. I liked Lacey a lot but...she just wasn''t enough. And I DID NOT like Sabra.

Who else loves Cat Deeley?

i''ll probably watch tonight''s show tomorrow. but spoilers won''t bother me.

i''m devestated over last year''s results still. um hello?! DANNY?! grr. i loved him.
i mean nothing against sabre...

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show.

I was really sad to see Susie and Marquis go home tonight. I liked them both. I don''t think either of them would have made the top ten, but I liked them nonetheless.

I want Kourtni Lind to go home NOW! To be honest, I was surprised she even made the show.

Right now, Joshua and Katee and Twitch and Kherington are at the top. I like them all and I see them all making it very far. If I didn''t know any better, I would say this is the year a hip hop dancer wins. The judges seem to really push how much they love Twitch and Joshua. Even though Twitch definitely has some training.

Kherington is probably my favorite girl followed by Chelsea Traille. She''s just gorgeous. And I like Comfort''s personality. Did I say I can''t stand Kourtni?

I really like Chris because he seems like a sweet guy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Good gosh the flamenco guy was too pretty and flaming...lol but he was fun to watch. I liked the little blond that got voted off...she was good and I was so bummed she got bumped! And this was the first time I watched it lol.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Monkey! I''m glad you got into it. Are you going to watch next week? I think it''s too bad you didn''t catch last night. I really thought that Twitch and Kherington''s performance went above and beyond everything else that was done. There was just so much emotion behind it.

And Joshua and Katee''s performance was truly entertainment just as Mary said. They really go out there and give it there all I think.

And I think Joshua said somewhere that he has some ballet training to go along with his hip hop. I remember in one of the shows he did some leap with a split at the top- and looked exactly like a ballet dancer. Not to mention another leap (could have been the same one) where he jumped up off the ground and his clearance was about where his head would be if he were standing on the ground. BF doesn''t give a flying fart about the show and his jaw dropped and he kept talking about it for the rest of the night. He''s just so powerful and passionate about it.

And I just love Twitch. He just makes me smile every time he''s on the screen between his goofiness, personality, and raw freaking talent. He''s brilliant.

If Twitch, Joshua, Kherington or Katee go home in the next two weeks I will be seriously disappointed.

Do you guys remember the newspaper performance last year?

I loved that. I think T and K''s Celine Dion performance is on par with that sucker.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
If I can remember I will watch next week. It''s fun - dancing has always been something I loved and they are so creative.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE THIS SHOW....started watching season #2 --- I just loved Benji!
I dragged my Mom to go see the "live" show that year...it was great...

Don''t have a fav dancer yet....

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YES! The newspaper one was so fun-here''s my faves from last year...

The Mia Michaels one that Kameron and Lacey did on the 1st show
Anya and Danny to "You and Me''
AND ALL THE WADE ROBSON DANCES!!!

ALLTIME Favorite Dance...Ivan and Allison from season 2-"Why-Annie Lennox"

This season-I think Twitch will be there till the end...we''ll see who else I pick after a few more weeks...

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
My all time fav dance was last year was Sabra and Neil doing "Sweet Dreams are Made of This"
Choreographer: Mandy Moore

Neil was my fav last year
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to have to go back and look up season 1 and 2 on youtube.

So who is your favorite so far?

I like Joshua. In case you guys haven''t gotten that so far.
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I really like the show!I missed out on last nights performanaces but caught it tonight and disagreed on the dancers going home tonight...I also am a huge antique road show fan as well as Lost,Chuck, and pushing daiseys...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 12:07:49 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m going to have to go back and look up season 1 and 2 on youtube.

So who is your favorite so far?

I like Joshua. In case you guys haven''t gotten that so far.
9.gif

oooh! check out the bang bang video. i think that was the name of it.... it''s awesome. favorite dance probably.

icekid

Ideal_Rock

I looove this show too, and even better my hubby will watch it with me too! I am the anti-reality show chick, but there is something irresistible about this one. I only started watching toward about the top ten of last season, so I''m still a bit of a newbie

2.gif

This year? I''m going to have to share all of the love on the Joshua/Katee and Twitch/Kherington pairs. They are definitely my favorites so far. It''s weird, but there is something off-putting for me about Jessica/Will. Maybe because the judges are pushing them too hard? Anyway, I am glad Susie went. Wasn’t really a fan, but I did like Marquise though.

Last year, I was a huge Neil fan, though I really liked all of the top three. But Neil is from my hometown, and we''re biased like that where I come from
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, you girls having me watching this show again.
3.gif
I stopped before last season, bc of some family stuff with FMIL and FSIL. C is from a HUGE dancing family and his sister lives in NY, where she is a dancer and does choreography, and did for many dancers in the area when they were putting together their solo routines for the SYTYCD... anyway they have since stopped going to NY, I think bc there was too much talent and they weren't getting enough ratings from other parts of the country. They are a little bitter, bc there really is such AMAZING talent in NY. If these dancers move there to make a life and attempt work, then why are you making them pay even more money to travel where you want to do an audition...

Anyway... I cannot stand Kourtni Lind. Mia finally said it best on Tues night, when she said "You only look comfortable when your feet are off the ground." So true. If anyone looked like a tree, it was her during that dance on Tues.

Also, I agree that Susie. After reading her bio, you would think, why in the heck is she doing this show?!? (she was back up for Shakria for christ sakes) But she just didn't back up any of her prior experience or that her "niche" was Salsa. It was a very poor salsa, especially if that is your training. The last thing... the hair flipping. Right from the beginning, C and I both could tell she had a background in NBA or NFL dancing. (if you watch closely you can see that Chelsea does it as well, just doesn't have the long hair). When you put them on a stage with technical dancers, it just looks fake.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 10:25:27 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I''m still really bitter about the top 20, though. I really thought the choreographer''s daughter and Brandon (the guy who danced to the Lord of the Rings in his audition) should have made it over some of the contemporary dancers they chose.
I''m bitter too ... its a CRIME they didn''t pick that Gene Kelly-ish retro guy. He was AMAZING!!!

But, onward

My faves are: Joshua & Katee ... Kherington & Twitch ... and Matt ?? (the quirky faced Keanu look alike)

Kinda think Twitch might win. People have followed him since last season when he didn''t make the cut at the very last minute. And he''s working those funny fake glasses.

Fave dance of the season so far: Slow hip hop "No Air" with Joshua & Katee. WOW! Though I didn''t really dig their Broadway that the judges were so in love with *this* week. In fact, none of the dances this week really wowed me. I think it was the choreography though, rather than the dancers.

YEA!!!! SYTYCD is back!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This is hilarious, I think I'm the only Kourni fan!! She's a taller girl, but she's probably the best-trained female on the show, which I appreciate. I tend to like shy people in real life, so that sort of spills over in dance. I often think quieter dancers bring more passion to the stage, but this is more of an overall personality contest and not just how they look on stage.

I really, really, REALLY love Twitch and think he is an amazingly entertaining and fantastic dancer. And I think the ballroom lessons he's taken over the past year will really help him out, but there are so many subtle things that give his lack of training away. The way he points his toes, his head movements, his carriage. I would really love for him to go far because I like him so much, but he's somewhat limited in his choreography--he wouldn't be able to do a basic fouetté, which makes choreography tough. I think Joshua probably has a better overall chance. I so love Twitch's personality, though.

I also loved the Annie Lenox piece in Season 2. Soooo good!!! I really loved Hawk and his partner (I forget her name, she was a beautiful dancer, though) in that hummingbird piece last year--it was the only ballet-style piece they've done and I swooned! I love Mia's choreography, I'd say my least favorite is Mandy Moore. I love it all, though!

ETA: I was so sad to see the Gene Kelly guy not make it, either! I loved his passion! And I'm a big sucker for that style of dance.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! A SYTYCD thread!!! This is hands down the show I wait for all freaking year to start. As a dancer (not pro), I think it''s awesome that this show has started and is picking up like AI did. Yay!

NEL, totally with you on Cat! She just seems like the nicest person! I wanna be her friend. Haha.

Currently I am hearting Mark and Chelsie. She is just so cute and their performance in Mia''s Tim Burton wedding last week made me cry! Well anything by Mia makes me cry. FF makes fun of me, but I don''t care. It''s so moving! Lacey and Kameron last year?! Lacey and Neil last year?! Hello?!?
10.gif
I would kill to have her put choreography on me.

I knew Susie would go home this week...I mean if you can''t even do your own genre well then, there''s really no point.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Hoc and Jamie! FF was hoping he would go all the way...silly man. That was an excellent piece. I like Kourtni too, I think she''s one of the best trained females. Plus she hasn''t been able to perform in her own style yet. That''s what I love seeing.

It''s so early though. No winners yet from me.
1.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch, voice of dissent on Twitch's partner.

I love Twitch, but I cannot STAND his partner. Kherrington I guess it's spelled? I've been annoyed by her since auditions and am more annoyed that she got to the top 20.

To me, she has all the personality of a Barbie. It's not that she's pretty, because IMO there have been prettier women on SYTYCD, but she just seems so fake and one-dimensional. It's Pretty Happy Smile emoted every moment, whereas Twitch actually has an emotional range. She'll stay at the top, though, because Twitch is so charismatic and is an underdog, technique-wise but has a ton of talent and heart, so people will keep him on (and rightly so, IMO).

My favourite couple is Joshua and Kati, they've just got amazing dance chemistry together.

I'm not super keen on Will and his partner, especially since they were dubbed 'the couple to beat'. I don't dislike them the way I do Kherrington, but they don't wow me with their performance. I'm not a stickler for technique so much as the dancers having 'it'. I want to see that stage sparkle even if a foot slipped here or there.

And totally loving Mark and his Partner. They did SO well this week, I was so impressed! They seem like such an Odd Couple but they try so hard and seem to be doing so to good effect. Woot!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I have to stop babbling on this thread, but I can''t help it! I look forward to the show every summer, haha.

Galateia: I am right there with you about Kherrington. I have two words: Dance Competition. I feel like she''s a competition dancer, through and through. I think they REALLY lucked out with the piece this week. I really feel like half of the battle of this show is getting great choreographers. I do think she has good technique, she just has to be more real.

Will''s partner is weak...I think her name is Jessica? I''m ready for her to go.

The boys are so strong this year! I love Mark''s quirky tendencies. I really want to see more of all the dancers, can''t wait until next Wed.!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for a thread on my favorite show! I really do adore SO you think you can dance. The only part I don't like is when people go home because it means less dancing for me to watch.

Freke: You must at least find season 2's sun flower piece by Mia. I believe it was Travis and Heidi dancing in it. I LOVED it. Also, Alison and Ivan's Umbrella Dance (I don't recall who did it. Maybe Shane Sparks)

ETA AND Benji/Heidi's Black Momba.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I like Neil but I felt like his looks took him a long way. His fanbase was young girls, when my SIL and I went to the tour all we almost lost our hearing for all of the prepubescent girls screaming, "NEIL, OMG I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!" Gag me.

My favorite of all the seasons is probably Sara. I think she should have won last year. I liked Sabra, and I will be the first to tell you guys that it''s hard to pick up dancing as late as she did. It''s hard to pick up ballet is what I mean.

Right now I would have to say that I''m liking Josh, Comfort, and Twitch the most. Did you see Comfort in that Shane Sparks routine? Homegirl was on fire.

And I''ve got a total crush on Twitch. He''s so goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results