shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:41:27 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Date: 8/7/2008 11:24:44 PM

Author: pennquaker09

Date: 8/7/2008 11:11:30 PM

Author: miraclesrule

Dang, it''s just starting here. But I take it Katee didn''t win. It''s Josh, isn''t it?
31.gif

Come''on, dude had NO formal training. I wouldn''t be surprised or pissed if he takes the whole enchilada.

Well, I think they kind of try to trick the public by calling them ''street dancers'', but Twitch, Josh, and even Comfort all had some training. It''s noticeable during some of the dances.

On one of the parenting boards I visit, one of the posters made a comment about how the 3 year old ballet class was too serious for her daughter. That they had too many rules and what not, but that''s kind of what they mean by training. Most dancers start their training very early.

I hear you penn. But there is huge difference between street trained and classically trained. There are just people who are blessed with a talent but lack the financial means for formal broad-based experience and training to develop the talent. Fortunately, many of these people develop themselves in whatever way they can because of their drive to excel and compulsion to take the talent as far as they can. I think Josh is in that category.

I love Robert. When I was a tribal fusion belly dancer, there was this one girl, Rachel Brice (I think she has a lot of YouTube videos, but I love her debut video at Tribal Fest the best) who can pop and belly roll all the way down and up. I can''t. I can do my fair share of popping and rolling though.
41.gif

ETA: I really want Courtneys'' hair.

From what I''ve read, Josh and some of the others have had more training than we are lead to believe. Of course when Comfort danced, I could tell, especially in the contemporary number choreographed by Mandy, even though the judges ripped her, it truly was not bad. And in the jazz that she did with Chris, she was pretty good.

I danced from the time I was 4 until I was 18, and when I watch SYTYCD the only time I see where training comes into play are the jazz and contemporary routines. I read an interview that Mia did and she commented that Josh is a good "faker." He had enough bits and pieces to make himself look better.

But I think at the tend of the day, that is the beauty of the show. It''s about everyone''s favorite dancer and Josh seemed to touch more people. I didn''t really have a person that I wanted to win this year. I think America got it right, but with a lot of assistance from the judges, aka MAJOR PIMPING for some people.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Now that I have stayed up ALL NIGHT-I FINALLY SAW THE SHOW!!

First-It was cool to see Mary Murphy and Nigel FINALLY dance-although I didn''t think Mary was very good...

Loved seeing all the ''favorite'' dances-most of my faves were in there too...

LOVED seeing the ''duel'' between those 2 guys

AND LOVED ALL THE OLD DANCERS COMING BACK-while this season was good I will never forget Benji, Ivan, Travis, Hok and all those others who were just SO DAMN GOOD

I was happy with the results but like all the America votes shows, it is never THE BEST-it''s someone who is good-looking, with a good ''story'' and who is likeable...but it was cool Katee got $50,000. What a nice surprise!!! I''m sure the top 4 will all have something fabulous lined up just like all the old dancers that they showed...Now I can go to sleep happy-
9.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think they''ve gotten it wrong in the past, but tonight I feel like the right person won. Yay for Joshua!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYYY!!!!

I''m pretty happy with the results...
36.gif
9.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Last year, I thought Sara got robbed. I know Danny was the best technically, but outside of the technical stuff, it should have been Sara.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 11:52:32 PM
Author: decodelighted
Harumph. Not feeling the Finale Part 1. For all the tongue bathing and Whoo-whooing going on I couldn''t believe how MEH everything was. There wasn''t one dance I wanted to replay.
I have not been able to watch much of the finale show... I started watching it last night, but it was sooooo blehhhhh from the beginning I stopped watching and went to sleep. And the judges were allllllll over it. yuck.

But I accidentally heard the results when I was in a patient''s room in the morning, w/ the TV on- and I don''t really have a problem w/ Josh winning, though I think Katee is clearly better than he. however, TWITCH OVER KATEE?!? REALLY!! Obscene... Twitch is awesome at what he does, which is hip hop. If this was America''s favorite hip hop dancer, sure. But really, I was never that impressed with anything he did outside of his own genre. bah! (And I get to complain b/c I was on call and could not vote, even if I wanted to
3.gif
) Combined w/ how unimpressed I was with the beginning of the finale, I don''t even feel like watching it now.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i finally caught up and saw the finale last night. SOOOOOOOO happy josh won. SO happy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results