shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. And Joshua is 04. I don''t remember which numbers Courtney and Twitch have...Is that bad?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2008 9:11:55 PM
Author: Galateia
I have to say that most of my favourite dances have been danced by Katee. (I''d list them, but there have only been a few I didn''t like, which was the choreography/styles''s fault instead of her dancing.)

Exceptions are Mark and Chelsie''s Bleeding Love (I think remains my fave), along with Mark and Courtney''s burlesque Sonja routine, and I also liked Tyce''s Eden routine with Will and Jessica.

For me, there is no contest in terms of who I will vote for. When the girls were dancing their number, it was like Courtney wasn''t even on the stage for me. She''s a solid little dancer, but Katee has star quality.

I like both the guys but they don''t make my heart race or make me ''clap with squee'' when they dance.

ETA: Foxtrot?! Are you freaking kidding me?! ARGH! To heck with this noise!

Also, the guy''s dance this year completely pales in comparison to the Geek Hip Hop with Benji and Travis.
That was my FAVORITE dance ever!!! :) I also loved Bleeding Love by Chelsie this season :) I think its gonna be down to Katee and Joshua.. ya know to maybe add that part of suspense or whatever since they were original partners ya know?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harumph. Not feeling the Finale Part 1. For all the tongue bathing and Whoo-whooing going on I couldn't believe how MEH everything was. There wasn't one dance I wanted to replay.

And, for the first time ever - I don't know who I want to win, nor do I care passionately about it. Twitch, Katee or Joshua could all take it as far as I'm concerned. Courtney did wilt a little in comparison to the others.

If I had to guess NOW ... I'd say Twitch & Joshua will split the vote & Katee will win. Though I think I predicted Twitch would win earlier in the season. Yawn.

ETA: I agree about "Bleeding Love" ... think that was the best dance of the season. Also loved "No Air".

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with you ladies on the best dances-the Chelsie and Mark was My fave this season and I really liked the Twitch and Kherrington with the bed-the John Mayer song...

as for tonight-I wished the judges would have been judges "oh that was so good" "amazing" BLAH BLAH BLAH.

That being said, I think the Josh/Twitch routine was so cool and Josh''s height was AMAZING!!!

I think Josh should win but Katee or Twitch probably will...

Oh and Cat looked GOOD tonight

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Mark and Chelsie together. They rocked. Mark is fantastic all on his own, and Chelsie really needs a partner. I think they bring the best out in each other.

You know, some part of me wishes that everyone would stop comparing this season to the last seasons. I know that it''s natural to do so, but I haven''t see the other seasons (besides some of last season), so I have no idea what you''re talking about. And I think there are other people who haven''t either.

I really loved this one too, it had me laughing almost the whole time (Twitch and Katee- Contemporary): link

I''d vote for Katee and Joshua if I were voting. But I''m not. So I can''t complain if either of them lose (even though I really don''t think they both will.)

I''m saying Courtney gets booted first.

How does tomorrow''s show work anyway?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I must have missed it. I just turned the t.v. on and it''s already off. Boo...
Did I miss anything good? Do I need to YouTube tonight?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
If we''re rounding up season faves ... I also really liked this Mark/Comfort fast hip hop to "Party People". Another NappyTabs Triumph.
1.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW ... Anyone want to know the Dial Idol predictions?

------ scroll down -------

According to Dial Idol ... it''s almost a dead heat between Joshua and Twitch with Katee coming in a DISTANT third and Courtney getting almost no votes. They predict Joshua but its too close to really call. Interesting. I wonder if they''ll announce the vote spread like they did with CLAY & RUBEN (think that was 1,100 votes apart after 30-40 million??)

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so jumping in at the last minute!

Deco- that''s really interesting. Though didn''t they predict Twitch was going home at one point? I will say that I tried to vote, but coudn''t get through for either Katee or Joshua at all.

Katee didn''t perform one bad dance the entire show, that I can remember. But Joshua''s "interview" with Cat really got to me- hard not to want the guy who couldn''t afford lessons to win. Kind of the ultimate feel-good story isn''t it- guy with no training but much determination and heart and talent wins out over more technically good dancers??? Sounds like a cheesy movie waiting to happen!

That being said- I thought Twitch really stood out last night. Week before he looked weak, but he more than held his own last night. And I am not a Courtney fan, but she definitely didn''t embarass herself.

And Mia, really? I LOVE her stuff, but that was just annoying. And what was up with the camera angles? You would think they would let us watch all 4 at the same time, so we could really see them against each other.

And Mandy Moore was annoying as well.

I think it will be between Josh and Katee, and Josh will win. Maybe.
31.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
For some odd reason, FOX wasn''t on our cable last night. On the regular channel is was the CW station and I was going batty because my friend who lives about 5 miles away from me, but far enough that she has Roadrunner instead of Cox, she was watching the show.

I have to YouTube to see any of last night''s episode.
7.gif

I can''t imagine a bad Mia routine. Boo...

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Best dance eva was lacy and cameron to Elisa''s Dancing........ it''s on you tube.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t like the Mia routine either. I had my laptop open and I was chillin'' with PS after the first 20 seconds or so.

Those outfits were FLIPPING HIDEOUS. And totally distracting!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think Joshua or Katee is going to win, but I don't think either of them have star power. They definitely aren't going to be famous choreographers.

Whoever the "other/second" girl was going to be, she was going to pale in comparison to Katee.
The one thing I don't like about the final 4 dancers is that their solos look like the same thing, over and over again. I liked that about Mark, he was VERY original and always threw something new in. I really wish they could find someone that is an amazing solo AND pair dancer. There have got to be some out there!!

ETA: Little harsh. Sorry, I really need to get out of the office. I'm rooting for Joshua
36.gif
, as I have the last 5 or 6 weeks. *fingers crossed*

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 5:08:10 PM
Author: meresal
I think Joshua or Katee is going to win, but I don''t think either of them have star power. They definitely aren''t going to be famous choreographers.

Whoever the ''other/second'' girl was going to be, she was going to pale in comparison to Katee.
The one thing I don''t like about the final 4 dancers is that their solos look like the same thing, over and over again. I liked that about Mark, he was VERY original and always threw something new in. I really wish they could find someone that is an amazing solo AND pair dancer. There have got to be some out there!!
Ditto -- I think Josh really "out danced" Twitch in the Russian routine... those jumps were TDF!!! And the fact Josh has had no formal training -- WOW.

I miss Chelsea -- I think she should of been in the final four instead of Courtney -- IMHO

I can''t wait to see who wins!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 5:10:51 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

Date: 8/7/2008 5:08:10 PM
Author: meresal
I think Joshua or Katee is going to win, but I don't think either of them have star power. They definitely aren't going to be famous choreographers.

Whoever the 'other/second' girl was going to be, she was going to pale in comparison to Katee.
The one thing I don't like about the final 4 dancers is that their solos look like the same thing, over and over again. I liked that about Mark, he was VERY original and always threw something new in. I really wish they could find someone that is an amazing solo AND pair dancer. There have got to be some out there!!
Ditto -- I think Josh really 'out danced' Twitch in the Russian routine... those jumps were TDF!!! And the fact Josh has had no formal training -- WOW.

I miss Chelsea -- I think she should of been in the final four instead of Courtney -- IMHO

I can't wait to see who wins!
I thought that Josh outdanced Twitch until he was forced to do those fouetté en tournants, which were shaky and awkward and only highlighted his lack of training (though I know he has had a little training). I really wish the choreographer hadn't made him to do those. I was really hoping for a Twitch/Josh hip-hop routine, I think that would have been so much fun to watch.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a mild heart attack BECAUSE STUPID FOOTBALL IS ON FOX INSTEAD OF THE SYTYCD FINALE!!!!! I have to wait until 11PM tonight to watch it!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

OMG I will NOT come to this thread until after I have seen the finale-WTF?!?!
32.gif
32.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
SQUEEEE!!
36.gif

Lil' C picked Bleeding Love!! I grabbed my guy's hand and flapped it excitedly as he tried to pick out what I was gibbering about
41.gif

Uh, does anyone find it odd the er, 'dance' that Mary picked? Maybe she picked something and the dancers refused to do it because they were exhausted?

Edit: If they do the Mark and Courtney Sonja routine I am going to - OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
unfortunately for me, comcast decided to do a 5-8 hour download of new software and no SYTYCD for me (or anyone else in the SE Michigan comcast network!) UGH
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 8:03:15 PM
Author: Blair138
I''m having a mild heart attack BECAUSE STUPID FOOTBALL IS ON FOX INSTEAD OF THE SYTYCD FINALE!!!!! I have to wait until 11PM tonight to watch it!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

OMG I will NOT come to this thread until after I have seen the finale-WTF?!?!
32.gif
32.gif
oh no that stinks!!!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 8:52:05 PM
Author: Galateia
SQUEEEE!!
36.gif

Lil'' C picked Bleeding Love!! I grabbed my guy''s hand and flapped it excitedly as he tried to pick out what I was gibbering about
41.gif

Uh, does anyone find it odd the er, ''dance'' that Mary picked? Maybe she picked something and the dancers refused to do it because they were exhausted?
hahahahaha I was HOPING someone would pick it as their fav!!!! (Bleeding Love) I was so excited!! hahahahaha :)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
I guessed the first one out!! hehehehe
11.gif
11.gif
I wonder how many more I get right...hehehehe

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
*dances up and down*

I loved Bleeding Love and the Sonja routine 'Garden', and I'm totally thrilled they chose those two. Makes me all the more grumpy that Mark isn't in the final four, because those dances showcase how insanely good (and he's also untrained!) he is.

Edit: WHAAAAT?! *hisses at the screen*

Bleh. Officially not giving a rat's hide about this year's winner.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!! WHAT?!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ditto the not caring about the results now, Gala. I AM NOW YELLING AT MY TV!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:17:49 PM
Author: thing2of2
I ditto the not caring about the results now, Gala. I AM NOW YELLING AT MY TV!
hahahahahahahahaha ya..thought that person was gonna be in the top 2...

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
oh I forgot I like Mercy by Duffy too..pretty cool routine!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that Mercy routine! So good! I think that''s in my top 3 favorite routines this season, actually!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results