shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
OK WORST LIP SYNC PERFORMANCE EVER>>> pretending to sing without mic by mouth...smart.... and the guy pretending to play the guitar?!?!!?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
This doesn''t have anyhing to do with SYTYCD, but I just have to say that I loved the Bleeding Love routine with Mark and Chelsie, but I just don''t love that song sung by Leona Lewis. It''s wierd. I first heard it by Lisa Lavie, so when I saw Leona sing it on AI, I was thinking "What did she do to her hair? Why is she standing like that? Why did the studio screw up her raw rough voice?" And then the next day when I was watching my YouTube favorites, I was shocked to find out that the girl I had favorited months before, was not the same person who recorded it. D''oH.

Now Lisa Lavie is pretty popular and has all sorts of pop ups on the video so you know she isn''t Leona Lewis, but I still like the song better by Lisa Lavie. (Although the mix used for the Mark and Chelsie dance was awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dee_m9Yfe2A

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:17:49 PM
Author: thing2of2
I ditto the not caring about the results now, Gala. I AM NOW YELLING AT MY TV!

Yeah.
38.gif

I am so disappointed.

And now No Air. I am just speechless when the eliminated dancer moves ... flawless, full of art, and stunning.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
aww BB loved all the old dancers dancing :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:45:39 PM
Author: Galateia

Yeah.
38.gif

I am so disappointed.

And now No Air. I am just speechless when the eliminated dancer moves ... flawless, full of art, and stunning.

I know. I can''t even believe it. I voted for that person so many times last night I lost count. I totally thought they would win. And they DESERVE TO WIN! This is when it gets to be a popularity contest, I think. AAAAARRRRRGH!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:54:47 PM

Yeah.
38.gif

I am so disappointed.

I know. I can''t even believe it. I voted for that person so many times last night I lost count. I totally thought they would win. And they DESERVE TO WIN! This is when it gets to be a popularity contest, I think. AAAAARRRRRGH!

Well, there''s the winner. Meh.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
awww Im very satisfied with the results... heheheehe :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 9:58:27 PM
Date: 8/7/2008 9:54:47 PM

Yeah.
38.gif

I am so disappointed.

Well, there''s the winner. Meh.

Yep, that''s pretty much how I feel. Whatevs. I''m still in shock, I think. Blah.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
This sucks. You guys aren''t giving anything away....

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:08:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild

OH I''LL GIVE IT AWAY IF YOU WANT! I''M READY TO BITCH SOME MORE!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:09:29 PM

DITTO TO THIS!!
29.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:11:29 PM

DITTO TO THIS!!
29.gif

DON''T EEEEEEEVEN GET ME STARTED!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:13:28 PM

DITTO TO THIS!!
29.gif

AMEN TO THAT, SISTAH! *fume*

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:14:46 PM
Date: 8/7/2008 10:13:28 PM

DITTO TO THIS!!
29.gif

AMEN TO THAT, SISTAH! *fume*

I DON''T THINK I''VE EVER TYPED IN ALL CAPS FOR SO LONG! I JUST E-MAILED MY FRIEND IN ALL CAPS ABOUT THIS TOO!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy....This must be pretty bad...or something... I''m curious, but scared....

Tell me the # you''re upset about, 1? 2? 3? 4?

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 10:21:13 PM
Oh boy....This must be pretty bad...or something... I''m curious, but scared....

Tell me the # you''re upset about, 1? 2? 3? 4?

RARGH.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re sounding quite ferocious there Gala. I''m thinking it''s all of it then?

I have 25 minutes people.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm the most mad about THREE! DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED FREKE!

ETA THAT IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU MEAN 1, 2, 3 AND 4 I GUESS! BUT THE WAY I THINK YOU MEAN IT, IT'S #3!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I''m assuming Katee didn''t win, but I fully expected that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m not happy about it either....almost over, the last two are up...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. It's over. I'm somewhat disappointed, but not really surprised. I think that #3 would have been #1 if the judges has been in charge. And #1 would have been #2, and finally #2 would have been #3.

Did that make any sense?

I'm glad Robert won the popping battle. That guy is NOT human. HOLY CRAPO.

ETA: I felt sorry for Katee having to dance so much, but a lot of her performances were really really top notch. And I would have chosen all of the same dances that they chose. I loved them all.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:03:23 PM
Ok. It''s over. I''m somewhat disappointed, but not really surprised. I think that #3 would have been #1 if the judges has been in charge. And #1 would have been #2, and finally #2 would have been #3.

Did that make any sense?

I''m glad Robert won the popping battle. That guy is NOT human. HOLY CRAPO.

YES! It made total sense. I completely agree with your order!

And I agree that Robert is insane. He has no joints!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Dang, it''s just starting here. But I take it Katee didn''t win. It''s Josh, isn''t it?
31.gif

Come''on, dude had NO formal training. I wouldn''t be surprised or pissed if he takes the whole enchilada.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2, I have to say you sound like you calmed down a bit.

Miracles. I''m not saying anything.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:11:30 PM
Author: miraclesrule
Dang, it''s just starting here. But I take it Katee didn''t win. It''s Josh, isn''t it?
31.gif

Come''on, dude had NO formal training. I wouldn''t be surprised or pissed if he takes the whole enchilada.

Well, I think they kind of try to trick the public by calling them "street dancers", but Twitch, Josh, and even Comfort all had some training. It''s noticeable during some of the dances.

On one of the parenting boards I visit, one of the posters made a comment about how the 3 year old ballet class was too serious for her daughter. That they had too many rules and what not, but that''s kind of what they mean by training. Most dancers start their training very early.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Haha, earlier today my mom called:

Mom: "Who do you think will win?"
Me: "Well it''s obvious that Katee is the best, which means she''ll lose. America has never chosen the best dancer."
Mom: "Yeah, I bet Josh wins. He has a better ''story''."
Me: "Agreed".

So when Katee left, instead of being angry (like I was with Will), I just laughed. Of course she wouldn''t win, she''s too GOOD.

Meh, I didn''t get back from the rock gym until an hour ago, so I fast forwarded through pretty much everything but the repeat of the Pas de Deux (which they NAILED this time, so beautiful). I did see some scary looking rabbits? I don''t know, I just went right by it. Once Katee was gone, I didn''t care anymore.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:24:44 PM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 8/7/2008 11:11:30 PM
Dang, it's just starting here. But I take it Katee didn't win. It's Josh, isn't it?
31.gif

Come'on, dude had NO formal training. I wouldn't be surprised or pissed if he takes the whole enchilada.

Well, I think they kind of try to trick the public by calling them 'street dancers', but Twitch, Josh, and even Comfort all had some training. It's noticeable during some of the dances.

On one of the parenting boards I visit, one of the posters made a comment about how the 3 year old ballet class was too serious for her daughter. That they had too many rules and what not, but that's kind of what they mean by training. Most dancers start their training very early.
I hear you penn. But there is huge difference between street trained and classically trained. There are just people who are blessed with a talent but lack the financial means for formal broad-based experience and training to develop the talent. Fortunately, many of these people develop themselves in whatever way they can because of their drive to excel and compulsion to take the talent as far as they can. I think Josh is in that category.

I love Robert. When I was a tribal fusion belly dancer, there was this one girl, Rachel Brice (I think she has a lot of YouTube videos, but I love her debut video at Tribal Fest the best) who can pop and belly roll all the way down and up. I can't. I can do my fair share of popping and rolling though.
41.gif

ETA: I really want Courtneys' hair.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, it was awesome to see Katee and Will nail the routine tonight. Such an awesome routine.

But I am shocked it''s down to Twitch and Josh. I WILL be pissed if it''s Twitch, but I''m guessing by the above conversation that it''s Josh.

That wierd Rabbit routine was just that....wierd.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/7/2008 11:03:23 PM
Ok. It''s over. I''m somewhat disappointed, but not really surprised. I think that #3 would have been #1 if the judges has been in charge. And #1 would have been #2, and finally #2 would have been #3.

Did that make any sense?

I''m glad Robert won the popping battle. That guy is NOT human. HOLY CRAPO.

ETA: I felt sorry for Katee having to dance so much, but a lot of her performances were really really top notch. And I would have chosen all of the same dances that they chose. I loved them all.
Ya that Robert guy is CARAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I told my FF that I knew the Robert guy would win, he''s just not human!

AND I agree with your numbering....

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/8/2008 12:22:07 AM
Yeah, it was awesome to see Katee and Will nail the routine tonight. Such an awesome routine.

But I am shocked it''s down to Twitch and Josh. I WILL be pissed if it''s Twitch, but I''m guessing by the above conversation that it''s Josh.

That wierd Rabbit routine was just that....wierd.
Yes the rabbits were really weird...just i love wade robinson''s choreography.. they DEF need him and Shane Sparks back on SYTYCD....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results