shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 1:35:45 PM
Author: Fancy605
Yay for a thread on my favorite show! I really do adore SO you think you can dance. The only part I don''t like is when people go home because it means less dancing for me to watch.

Freke: You must at least find season 2''s sun flower piece by Mia. I believe it was Travis and Heidi dancing in it. I LOVED it. Also, Alison and Ivan''s Umbrella Dance (I don''t recall who did it. Maybe Shane Sparks)

ETA AND Benji/Heidi''s Black Momba.
The Park Bench! That was the piece Mia won the Emmy for. Ahhhh they were great too.
5.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
ME TOOO i have watched them all.

America got it right so far on the for that have been voted off.

NOTE: CAT DEELY NEEDS TO FIRE HER WARDROBE. Funnily enough I tried on that green Tadashi last week in Neiman''s...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ve watched the past 2 seasons occasionally and I started watching this one. I just like to watch them dance, I don''t really care about the rest. This week, I loved Kherington and Twitch''s Viennese Waltz and Courtney and Gev''s contemporary routine. The waltz was really touching and I thought it was very well performed. I really like Jean-Marc Généreux''s choreographies (and he''s French-Canadian, too
16.gif
28.gif
).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it''s on (cst)!! anyone watching?!

the crowd went nutso for twitch in the intros

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES!!!!

I just saw Twitch and Kherrington''s routine. I''m starting to like her more and more.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i like her. although for some reason, i thought her facial expressions were a bit much/odd/or something for the routine

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s exactly what I was thinking. She was smiling and showing her teeth too much.

BF is in here with me, and that was the first hip hop routine he''s watched the whole way through.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. Courtney G's dress is...um....only half a dress? To be subtle about it.

Even Nigel noticed. LMAO he just said something about a half a dress!!!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHELSIE AND MARK!!!! SQUEEEE!!!

I love love LOVE how they are both all dorky and don''t seem to have much intensity or chemistry, and then they get on the stage and I''m all like OOO MAMA GET ME ONE O'' THOSE! Their routine was AMAZING! I always expect it to be a disaster because I thought Mark was one of those Cedric types that can only do his style, but holy has he stepped up and absorbed those styles like an uber-talented sponge, and Chelsie sheds any resemblance to a Blonde Clone (keep tryin'', Kherrington
20.gif
) and totally gets into the dance.

I was wowed by them. Whee!
36.gif

I''m still all giddy.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree! i TOTALLY loved that routine and them!
and that''s totally not my style of dance but i LOVED it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I just finished watching it and strangely enough no one routine jumps out at me. I didn''t like the disco (I think Jessica is going to go home), but everything else seemed good. I love the boys this season--Joshua, Mark, Twitch...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ok it''s officially the year of the half dress.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 10:02:52 PM
Author: Galateia
Can I just say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHELSIE AND MARK!!!! SQUEEEE!!!

I love love LOVE how they are both all dorky and don''t seem to have much intensity or chemistry, and then they get on the stage and I''m all like OOO MAMA GET ME ONE O'' THOSE! Their routine was AMAZING! I always expect it to be a disaster because I thought Mark was one of those Cedric types that can only do his style, but holy has he stepped up and absorbed those styles like an uber-talented sponge, and Chelsie sheds any resemblance to a Blonde Clone (keep tryin'', Kherrington
20.gif
) and totally gets into the dance.

36.gif

I''m still all giddy.
Wow...watching it....wow.

Over just now. BF really liked it to.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
so far no one is "wow-ing" me with personality -- like Benji, Lacey, Travis etc....
I do like Mark he''s kind of quirky and cute...

Brynn

Rough_Rock
OMG, I thought I was the only one!!!!

I LOVED tonight''s show!!!!

Josh and Amee''s Samba? FLOORDROPPING! SO HOT!!!!

Chelsie and Mark!!! Oh my gosh! Who knew?

(I loved Courtney G''s dress ; ) )

I loved everything!

Absolutely agreed with Nigel about um, oh gosh, I have the worst trouble keeping their names straight! Chelsea & Thayne? Not really feeling it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. Twitch-Kherrington, Katee-Joshua, Chelsie-Mark are my favorites.

I love Katee and Joshua. That routine was HOT. YOW! And poor Joshua's dad getting picked on-he was such a good sport!!!

And it is totally the year of the half dress.

I think Comfort and Chris are going home. I don't like Jessica and Will. Courtney and Gev kind of fly under the radar-I find them boring except that he has a painfully obvious crush on her. Anyway. I think Comfort and Chris are going home, I don't see them improving and so far this season it seems like they are taking out pairs, so I think that could stick around for another week.

Kourtni and Matt were cute, and I liked Chelsea and Thayne's routine ok-nothing fantastic with either couple.

Who would I send home? Comfort and Chris or Courtney and Gev. But Comfort and Chris were really lacking tonight, IMHO.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OK so I agree with those of you who said no one is jumping out at them...

Although-I LOVED Chelsie and Marc-that was AWESOME...

Kherrington NEEDS to stop smiling-OMG that girl looks like a cheerleader with her facial expressions (I can say that-I was one)

I feel like the judges are being too nice with their comments and not critiquing enough-no one is as good as year''s past...can''t wait to see who gets kicked off!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I just say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHELSIE AND MARK!!!! SQUEEEE!!! I love love LOVE how they are both all dorky and don't seem to have much intensity or chemistry, and then they get on the stage and I'm all like OOO MAMA GET ME ONE O' THOSE! Their routine was AMAZING!
36.gif
I'm still all giddy.
DITTO. There's usually one routine that I replay on my Tivo and this was *IT*. LOVED IT. She really transforms on stage ... kind of low key & mellow in the interviews but just SHINES in a performance. He'a amazing on & off stage. LOVE THEM.

Also liked Kherington & Twitch ... and Joshua and Katee. Final six for sure! There it gets a little tougher. Oy.

ETA: Shout out to the new choreographer couple. They've done my fave two routines this year. Slo-Hip-Hop both times. SQUEE indeed!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 1:13:42 AM
Author: decodelighted

Can I just say SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! CHELSIE AND MARK!!!! SQUEEEE!!! I love love LOVE how they are both all dorky and don''t seem to have much intensity or chemistry, and then they get on the stage and I''m all like OOO MAMA GET ME ONE O'' THOSE! Their routine was AMAZING!

36.gif
I''m still all giddy.

DITTO. There''s usually one routine that I replay on my Tivo and this was *IT*. LOVED IT. She really transforms on stage ... kind of low key & mellow in the interviews but just SHINES in a performance. He''a amazing on & off stage. LOVE THEM.

Also liked Kherington & Twitch ... and Joshua and Katee. Final six for sure! There it gets a little tougher. Oy.

ETA: Shout out to the new choreographer couple. They''ve done my fave two routines this year. Slo-Hip-Hop both times. SQUEE indeed!

Tabitha and whats-his-name, yeah. I think they were part of the team who did Step Up 2, which I actually recommend any hip-hop dancing fan to watch, because it''s like one loooong music/dance video, and it''s quite the dance numbers, let me tell ya!. Minimal painful acting, maximum "OMG, DID YOU SEE THAT?!"
23.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I liked Chelsie and Mark''s hip hop even though she was kind of cheerleaderish. However, Josh and Katee are like my FAVS. He was really working it.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
My prediction: Chelsea T is gone... she just doesn't have the technical skills to do a broad range of dances. They told her last week that she had to step it up, and her steps last night, were just plain akward. The bouncy quick step was really bothering me. I'm really starting like Joshua. He definitely showed his adaptablility last night.

On a side note... I was not pleased with the girls shoe selections last night!!! Some of them didn't even match!!! Yuck!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 10:22:44 AM
Author: meresal
My prediction: Chelsea T is gone... she just doesn''t have the technical skills to do a broad range of dances. They told her last week that she had to step it up, and her steps last night, were just plain akward. The bouncy quick step was really bothering me. I''m really starting like Joshua. He definitely showed his adaptablility last night.

On a side note... I was not pleased with the girls shoe selections last night!!! Some of them didn''t even match!!! Yuck!!!
I agree with you about Chelsea--I think they really liked her personality, but her personality is fading and her dancing isn''t improving. Anybody want to guess who will be in the bottom 3 tonight? I''m going to guess and say Jessica and Will (I know there aren''t many Will fans here, but I think he''s amazing and would be happy to see his solo), Chelsea and Thayne (quickstep is the kiss of death) and the third is tough....I guess I''ll go with Chris and Comfort? They were a bit stiff for a dance with so many African elements. I don''t think people are loving Kourtni and Matt, either, so they are never safe.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 10:22:44 AM
Author: meresal
On a side note... I was not pleased with the girls shoe selections last night!!! Some of them didn''t even match!!! Yuck!!!
I KNOW!!!I didn''t want to say anything, but I am so glad I''m not the only one who noticed that. I think Chelsea T''s were gold and her dress was that gorgeous pewter color? WTH?

Anyway, I went through and ranked them because I don''t want to do homework:
1. Joshua & Katee-fabulous and sexy
2. Chelsie & Mark- heart wrenching and had me on the edge of my seat
3. Kherington & Twitch- well danced, lots of personality
4. Kourtni & Matt- kooky and funky choreography, they have personality up the bum
5. Courtney & Gev- not passionate or smooth IMHO
6. Jessica & Will- he''s pretty good, she''s not (it was good last night though)
7. Chelsea & Thayne- not stepping it up, personality is fading fast
8. Comfort & Chris- just wasn''t good

So I''m sticking with Comfort and Chris going home. I really really like her, but I just don''t see her improving the way I thought she would. And Chris is boring to me. That dance last night wasn''t very good and I was disappointed.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Look at these HIDEOUS pairings... yes, I''m talking about the shoes!!!

horribleshoes1.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
and another...

horribleshoes2.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Not as bad... but still not particularly attractive...

horribleshoes3.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO!!!You managed to get the two half dresses in there too!

Those gold shoes with the silvery dress just made me cringe. Of course, she was the only one with a FULL dress...no comment.

And I don't know what was up with the other two's shoes either.

I think wardrobe was off their rockers last night. Even Nigel commented on it. Something about Kortni wearing a gunny sack, Courtney wearing half a dress, Katee finding the other half to Courtney's...what else?

And where did you find those pics?

ETA: are Katee and Courtney wearing the same shoes?!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:00:37 PM
Author: FrekeChild
LMAO!!!You managed to get the two half dresses in there too!

Those gold shoes with the silvery dress just made me cringe. Of course, she was the only one with a FULL dress...no comment.

And I don''t know what was up with the other two''s shoes either.

I think wardrobe was off their rockers last night. Even Nigel commented on it. Something about Kortni wearing a gunny sack, Courtney wearing half a dress, Katee finding the other half to Courtney''s...what else?

And where did you find those pics?

ETA: are Katee and Courtney wearing the same shoes?!
OMG, THEY ARE!!

The pictures popped right up, at ohhsotacky.com... but seriously, they were on the shows website.

Maybe the "half" dress leads our eyes to look for flaws elsewhere. I almost felt bad watching, I just knew that something (if any of them had anything) was going to pop out any minute!!!

I''m also tired of seeing every girl in a hip-hop routine wearing those HIDEOUS high-tops. Is it really necessary in order to get the point across. What about some baggy adidas pants and some skechers?!? ANYTHING else, please!!
And what was up with the pirate''ish wardrobe. I didn''t even see that routine, but the picture is just yuck!

I also agree that Kherrington is smiling way to much. Is she capable of playing a serious part in anything?

horrible2.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Yucky pirate outfits...

horrible1.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
For the girls, I think it''s between Chelsie T and Comfort, but I think they''re going to keep Comfort for one more week. And then I think Chris might be the guy going home. Personally, if I had to choose between Chris and Comfort and Kournti and Matt, I liked Comfort and Chris''s dance more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results