shape
carat
color
clarity

so you think you can dance 2008

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:46:49 PM
Author: Blair138
Did anyone else think the 2nd girl''s dance was cheerleaderish??
I think that lots of her solos are too peppy, it''s her personality in general. She''s over the top with everything. I posted about her and that issue earlier today.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
YESSSSS!! SHE IS GONE!!!

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:55:31 PM
YESSSSS!! SHE IS GONE!!!
hahahahahaha my exact thoughts!! she''s been in the bottom the past how many weeks?!?!?!? geeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*sobbing*

OH THE HUMANITY! AMERICA, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Hey gals, lets not get too specific with the losers. Some people don''t even start watching until two minutes from now.

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
Well, I didn''t really like that ending for the guys. But I didn''t want either of them to go.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
still sooo shocked about bottom 2..... i hate mark (no offense to anyone but he shoulda left last week..grrrrr)

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t hate him but I don''t think he''s as strong as the other guys-I don''t agree with the bottom 2 guys but I am happier that the one did go home...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:01:36 PM
I don't hate him but I don't think he's as strong as the other guys-I don't agree with the bottom 2 guys but I am happier that the one did go home...

Agreed.

Also, skirting spoilers here, but I think that the results will not have a huge impact on the career of those voted off. Both bottom guys are so talented that this show has just given them a chance to be noticed.

One of my worries about dancers like Benji is that they don't really have anywhere to go from winning, whereas the Thanyes of SYTYCD will no doubt get employment easily because the show has showcased their skills without overexposure.

If y'all know what I mean?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. This is suckage that I missed last night.

I just found out the first bottom guy...WOHOO!!!!!

So tell me, am I going to be POed at any part of the show tonight guys? That's all I want to know.

ETA: I'm totally alarmed at NEL's post....

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 9:54:53 PM
Author: Galateia

Date: 7/24/2008 9:50:46 PM

Date: 7/24/2008 9:48:03 PM

Author: lovewhitediamonds

WHAT A SOLO!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

C''mon -- that was incredible...

I like her, don''t get me wrong-I want the 1st one to go home more, but I was a cheerleader and NOT a professional dancer and I could probably do the same thing...Good thing their fate is already decided

I really hope the first guy and the first girl in the bottom two go.

EDIT: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif

*screams and settles for running around the apartment naked, instead of the yard!!!*
I meant the guys solo to "Hollywood Swingin"...................

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:11:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
So tell me, am I going to be POed at any part of the show tonight guys? That''s all I want to know.

ETA: I''m totally alarmed at NEL''s post....

You might be-but I cannot say anymore

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:11:45 PM
Ok. This is suckage that I missed last night.

I just found out the first bottom guy...WOHOO!!!!!

So tell me, am I going to be POed at any part of the show tonight guys? That's all I want to know.

See my posts above.
31.gif

If you don't care about spoilers, I have not minced words when expressing my overall opinions of the various dancers and their fatal flaws.

Wait, I'm confused. You said 'woohoo' about the first bottom guy but are alarmed by NEL's post?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot who NEL likes...I think.

I'm THRILLED at the first guy. I've maintained my disdain for him for a LONG TIME. So I'm PUMPED at that. I'm just wondering about #2 guy.

I think you and I are on the same page Gala.

I want Will and Comfort to go home. ASAP. Which means an hour ago. Heh.

Doesn't Cat look pretty tonight? Like a Greek Goddess!!!

ETA: Knowing the first half of who is in the bottom two for the guys, I'm upset about what happens to the other half of them...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Freke: Kat''s dress last night was to die for as well!! I''ll find a pic for you...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:21:12 PM
I forgot who NEL likes...I think.

I''m THRILLED at the first guy. I''ve maintained my disdain for him for a LONG TIME. So I''m PUMPED at that. I''m just wondering about #2 guy.

I think you and I are on the same page Gala.

I want Will and Comfort to go home. ASAP. Which means an hour ago. Heh.

Doesn''t Cat look pretty tonight? Like a Greek Goddess!!!

31.gif

Here''s a question to all and sundry; was anyone else not overwhelmed by the ballet guests? I kept noticing wobblies and rickety moments all over ... perhaps they were struggling with the finish on the floor? Nerves? Am I being too critical?

Maybe it''s because it''s meant to be viewed from typical ballet seats where you''re so far away you don''t notice the details.

Also, I''d just like to say that this show has seriously increased my appreciation of hip hop. I always liked it (hey, I went to see Step Up 2 because I like it so much) but I''ve always loved contemporary/ballroom more. I''m now swinging the other way -- if I see another foxtrot I''m going to fall asleep, whereas I can''t wait to see a new choreographer showcase yet another style of hip-hop. Sometimes it''s a letdown like the pair of women, but sometimes it''s magic like all the Tabitha and Napoleon routines.

And I want to see more of Tyce Diorio''s contemporary routines! I''m not feeling all the broadway stuff, which I find over the top and cheesy, but his ''Garden of Eden'' routine with Will and Jessica was amazing.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait Meresal! She''s so pretty...

Gala, I hear you on the ballet. I just kept getting the feeling that she didn''t trust her partner.

And BF and I think it''s so funny that Tabitha and Napoleon are such amazing hip hop choreographers-if you saw them on the street (and they weren''t dancing) you''d NEVER know they were hip hop choreographers. But somehow, they just work magic. Didn''t they choreograph Chelsie and Mark''s routine or was that someone else?

That is probably one of my favorite routines so far...

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:43:18 PM
I can''t wait Meresal! She''s so pretty...

Gala, I hear you on the ballet. I just kept getting the feeling that she didn''t trust her partner.

And BF and I think it''s so funny that Tabitha and Napoleon are such amazing hip hop choreographers-if you saw them on the street (and they weren''t dancing) you''d NEVER know they were hip hop choreographers. But somehow, they just work magic. Didn''t they choreograph Chelsie and Mark''s routine or was that someone else?

That is probably one of my favorite routines so far...

I think they did Chelsie and Mark''s Bleeding Love and I think they did Katee and Joshua''s No Air routine as well?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can I just say that I am positively THRILLED at the results tonight?

Goodbye to Mr. No Personality!!! WOHOO!!!!

And I hope she''s gone for good this time....

So what, only 2 weeks left? How long is the last show? And who decides who wins? I don''t know how the finale works...
40.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:28:45 PM

So what, only 2 weeks left? How long is the last show? And who decides who wins? I don''t know how the finale works...
40.gif

Amen to that! I think Will is an amazing, talented dancer and I think he''ll do well as a professional, where the emphasis is on the dance, not the dancer, and it''s important not to steal attention away from the choreography/overall message of the dance by focusing attention on yourself as an individual.

The last two weeks: next week will eliminate 2 of the remaining 6 dancers, leaving 4 dancers for the finale, the favorite 2 guys and 2 girls. Then, the finale (Wed) will feature dances of everyone dancing with everyone else, i.e Guy 1 + Girl 1, Guy 2 + Girl 2, Guy 1 +Girl 2, Guy 2 + Girl 1, and Guy +Guy and Girl + Girl, along with one big group dance.

At least, that''s how they did it Season 2. Remember how awesome the group dance was? Wade did Justin Timberlake''s "Sexy Back" song (is that the title?) as a runway show? Awesome.

Then the finale results show (thurs) gives us which of the top 4 dancers won, based on America''s votes.

I have to say, as well, that Courtney''s solo last night was the best I''ve seen her, in my opinion. I actually liked what she danced.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I was soo sure Chelsea was going to be in the bottom two. Like, even though I love me some Comfort (IV real, IV real) it was her time, but Chelsea should have been in the bottom for that horrid disco! Plus, she''s just not that good anyway, so she like so better be leaving next week.

I''m really surprised at the bottom two guys, I was thinking it was between Twitch and Mark. I thought Will was going to leave next week. But at least we get to have Debbie back on the show now!

At this point, I think it''s safe to say that either Josh or Katee is going to win.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:01:21 AM
Author: pennquaker09
I was soo sure Chelsea was going to be in the bottom two. Like, even though I love me some Comfort (IV real, IV real) it was her time, but Chelsea should have been in the bottom for that horrid disco! Plus, she''s just not that good anyway, so she like so better be leaving next week.

I''m really surprised at the bottom two guys, I was thinking it was between Twitch and Mark. I thought Will was going to leave next week. But at least we get to have Debbie back on the show now!

At this point, I think it''s safe to say that either Josh or Katee is going to win.

Why do you think people voted for Mark and not Will? It seemed like such a shoo-in with Mark leaving, I''m surprised that he wasn''t in the bottom two.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I think people (teeny boppers) voted for Mark based on his ''cuteness'', I am not saying I think that he is cute-but if you noticed the crowd last night-they went NUTS for him, signs everywhere and lots of "awwws" when they showed his pictures from when he was younger. Same thing that happens on Idol, cuteness over talent
20.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 11:50:11 PM
Date: 7/24/2008 11:28:45 PM

40.gif

Amen to that! I think Will is an amazing, talented dancer and I think he''ll do well as a professional, where the emphasis is on the dance, not the dancer, and it''s important not to steal attention away from the choreography/overall message of the dance by focusing attention on yourself as an individual.

The last two weeks: next week will eliminate 2 of the remaining 6 dancers, leaving 4 dancers for the finale, the favorite 2 guys and 2 girls. Then, the finale (Wed) will feature dances of everyone dancing with everyone else, i.e Guy 1 + Girl 1, Guy 2 + Girl 2, Guy 1 +Girl 2, Guy 2 + Girl 1, and Guy +Guy and Girl + Girl, along with one big group dance.

At least, that''s how they did it Season 2. Remember how awesome the group dance was? Wade did Justin Timberlake''s ''Sexy Back'' song (is that the title?) as a runway show? Awesome.

Then the finale results show (thurs) gives us which of the top 4 dancers won, based on America''s votes.

I have to say, as well, that Courtney''s solo last night was the best I''ve seen her, in my opinion. I actually liked what she danced.

You''re mostly right, but last year, instead of the Top 6 (next week) result show being shown on Thursday, it was moved to Monday because they wanted to give the dancers extra time to prepare for the finale. I''m not sure if they are going to do that this year, because the finale is earlier.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 12:10:07 AM
Date: 7/25/2008 12:01:21 AM

Author: pennquaker09

Why do you think people voted for Mark and not Will? It seemed like such a shoo-in with Mark leaving, I''m surprised that he wasn''t in the bottom two.

I think because there was a backlash with the over pimping of Will.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Interesting night, for sure! Mark was so shocked..... and so was I!! I did like Will more than some others did and think he is ridiculously talented. However, I wasn''t really upset about him leaving, which is probably because he really wasn''t able to make that connection w/ the audience.

I think everyone finally knew Comfort had to go, and really should have gone a while ago. She is great at what she does! But.. not much else.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:06:51 PM

Also, skirting spoilers here, but I think that the results will not have a huge impact on the career of those voted off. Both bottom guys are so talented that this show has just given them a chance to be noticed.

One of my worries about dancers like Benji is that they don''t really have anywhere to go from winning, whereas the Thanyes of SYTYCD will no doubt get employment easily because the show has showcased their skills without overexposure.

If y''all know what I mean?
I completely agree, Galateia. The best dancer has never won, but I always feel that the best dancers go on to have fulfilling careers in dance (I hope!).

I also agree that the pas de deux en pointe seemed nervous and a little shaky, but I was really glad to see the show highlighting ballet. I always get tickets in the first couple of rows when I go to the ballet, which most people don''t like because it''s harder to see the whole stage and it''s noisy since you can hear their feet, but I love to watch them really close and they never seem that shaky or tense. I''m sure they were just nervous about being broadcasted on nat''l TV.

Oh, and Freke, Will was my favorite by far, so last night gave me a mild heart attack. I didn''t expect him to win, but because he was the most talented of the bunch, I expected the final 4 at least. I thought after his clever James Brown solo, there was no chance of him going home. Oh well! I''ll have to figure out who to root for now, with less enthusiasm, haha
3.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I have a question... how many of us are actually calling and voting, and how many of us are just gossiping and hoping??
27.gif

Freke: I'm still working on that photo from Wed night... they haven't updated any of the pictures yet, or their home page. Coming soon!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 10:09:47 AM
Author: meresal
I have a question... how many of us are actually calling and voting, and how many of us are just gossiping and hoping??
27.gif
HA! Good point. I haven''t voted this season. Just like trying to guess who "America" is voting for.

ACK. Just have to talk about this more today. Will annoyed me SO MUCH. And I really saw that James Brown number as uncomfortably pandering with REALLY uncomfortable overtones. (Running contrary to his politically charged t-shirt). But the moment that sums up why I dislike him so was the AWFUL FAKENESS of the "waltz" portion of the Alica Keys number. He was a freakin cartoon character. Exactly how Toni Basil described "broadway dancers". Having to "fake" emotions not having them come from within. Everything he did seemed cheesy to me & glossy & surface. NEVER pulled at me emotionally as all the remaining dancers have done. Of course his real weakness was his own personality - or lack thereof.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2008 1:14:09 PM
Author: decodelighted

HA! Good point. I haven't voted this season. Just like trying to guess who 'America' is voting for.

ACK. Just have to talk about this more today. Will annoyed me SO MUCH. And I really saw that James Brown number as uncomfortably pandering with REALLY uncomfortable overtones. (Running contrary to his politically charged t-shirt). But the moment that sums up why I dislike him so was the AWFUL FAKENESS of the 'waltz' portion of the Alica Keys number. He was a freakin cartoon character. Exactly how Toni Basil described 'broadway dancers'. Having to 'fake' emotions not having them come from within. Everything he did seemed cheesy to me & glossy & surface. NEVER pulled at me emotionally as all the remaining dancers have done. Of course his real weakness was his own personality - or lack thereof.
THANK YOU!!! Someone else saw that!!! I had to pause the TIVO just so I could read it...Uggh. I couldn't tell if it was political, other than the obvious correlation, but I definitely thought that it was unnecessary.

Also, Deco, I noticed that whenever he was doing an upbeat number, he would always have to look at his partner for inspiration/excitement. It's like he didn't know what genuine "happy" was supposed to look like. Just something I noticed, especially in "Rock the Boat".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results