shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Star sapphires and rubies

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6A7A99A5-0B9E-4F6E-AC34-C6619F268237.jpeg So my daughter’s star sapphire pendant came back... this was her final design with the stars which she chose. In the end, she left out a little blue one. It’s a little flower of ovals with the yellow star dangling down. It’s in 14k, so if she ever wants to redesign it, she can just reuse the gold. She’s unbelievably happy about it!!

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks so suitable for her age! Lovely starter piece :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you! It’s delicate and playful.
I love it! Bluegemz, you are so wonderful for getting it for her!
If she's like me when I was young, she will make everyone stop and look at it in the sunlight!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Bluegemz, you are so wonderful for getting it for her!
If she's like me when I was young, she will make everyone stop and look at it in the sunlight!
Ah thank you! That’s exactly what she’s doing today. I know that we never forget these early jewelry experiences.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful memory piece........and what a great Mom share!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful memory piece........and what a great Mom share!!
Thank you, Dig Deep. She’s so happy about them...I told her it might help her remember that we are all made of star dust, and that those stars are star dust too.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s a beautiful necklace! I trust you daughter will enjoy wearing it for many years to come.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BA2F47C0-9210-4767-9D7B-3FFD58860CA3.jpeg
It’s a beautiful necklace! I trust you daughter will enjoy wearing it for many years to come.
I hope so...the jewelry love is strong in her, so I’m sure she’ll treasure it, along with wanting now matching earrings lol. Here’s another picture of her wearing it at the school thanksgiving lunch....fluorescent lights and all.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
BA2F47C0-9210-4767-9D7B-3FFD58860CA3.jpeg
I hope so...the jewelry love is strong in her, so I’m sure she’ll treasure it, along with wanting now matching earrings lol. Here’s another picture of her wearing it at the school thanksgiving lunch....fluorescent lights and all.
She is so adorable! It looks perfect on her. Matching earrings would be lovely. She looks so happy with her necklace!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ignore my nails. I am refinishing furniture. Mom and I traded rings again so I have the star ring at the moment. It is a lindy but I still love it.
ring2.jpg

cats_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz! I’m in awe of your two star sapphires! Beautiful! Jaw dropping! I love jean harlow too and have collected many books on her. I would love to know where her ring ended up.i have a small star ruby set in silver. One day i hope to have and old style art deco style star sapphire ring.

cats_sapphire

Rough_Rock
Premium
Ok my little clear star came today! It’s tiny as expected but will be the perfect accompaniment for the jade star, which has not yet arrived FF553465-CFF9-44C6-8FD2-08E7E65A2AA3.jpeg 88A8C895-04EE-48BE-95C4-00C8850D652B.jpeg . I don’t want it to be too bulky and competitive with the star. It’s going to have a crescent moon of little diamonds partially cupping it . In some light, it’s very light blue. Included is a hand shot next to Moonlight Jelly and Sky Star for scale. Ignore the setting if possible because that’s coming off. I’ll try to get a better shot once the sun is higher in the sky.

I so love your collection, just dreamy!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can anyone recomend a star sapphire source that is not the Natural Sapphire Company? I have placed three orders with them and 2/3 were bad. The first one was a pair of white star sapphires that were as bad of a color match I have ever seen, and this last order they LOST the stone in the mail and did not bother getting a tracking number for the shipment. Seriously. The shipping department did not shell out $3 for a tracking number.

Everyone seems to have such good luck with them. I kind of wonder if it is because I am not spending at a price point to "make" them care about my business.

I am looking for a star sapphire around 5×8 mm that is in the blue/ white family with a fairly flat back. Suggestions?

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone recomend a star sapphire source that is not the Natural Sapphire Company? I have placed three orders with them and 2/3 were bad. The first one was a pair of white star sapphires that were as bad of a color match I have ever seen, and this last order they LOST the stone in the mail and did not bother getting a tracking number for the shipment. Seriously. The shipping department did not shell out $3 for a tracking number.

Everyone seems to have such good luck with them. I kind of wonder if it is because I am not spending at a price point to "make" them care about my business.

I am looking for a star sapphire around 5×8 mm that is in the blue/ white family with a fairly flat back. Suggestions?
I’m sorry to hear that, Vesper. I also ordered star sapphires for earrings from them 10 years ago. I paid a fair amount and was disappointed because one star almost had half of the star missing. I gave them to my daughter and then she lost one. I’ve never trusted them enough to order again. Have you considered starruby or ajsgems? I’ve never purchased from them so I can’t speak from experience, but they seem to have some selection. BTW, ypour stars look so beautiful. I love how they look together !

Last edited:

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is my grandfather's star sapphire. The inside of the ring is engraved with my grandparents' names. I wish the setting were less masculine. My dad hated the idea of my resetting it, so I left it alone...for now.

star-sapphire.jpg

WOW my fiance has a VERY similar star sapphire ring that was his grandfather's ring in yellow gold. I will have to post it when he gets home as it's locked in the safe now.. crazy. Was this a popular men's style?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
57317D80-7078-4EC2-B752-870CA9495F80.png 6E13B686-1E44-4149-92EF-9AEB042591ED.jpeg 0E8D0F55-B094-476C-BA6D-DC339368FF03.jpeg View attachment 610925 I had this tiny, clear star set with a jadeite star in a platinum setting. Really happy with how it turned out. @gempeaks made this ring and did a great job. Last picture taken with flash because it was overcast.( the little curved line in the sapphire is a reflection of the platinum. )
That is just lovely Bluegemz and so unique! Did you design it?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just lovely Bluegemz and so unique! Did you design it?
Thank you Chatoyancy. I did design it....I wanted it to be a simple bypass just paying with the colorless texture of the stones. Neither is a very expensive gem, but I liked the purity in them. The sapphire has tiny, clear sapphire crystals in it, while the jade has a frosty, broken ice texture. Thanks to @gempeaks for working with me on this and hand forging the ring.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a star pendant as well. It's a mix between purple and pink. I think this one is around 8 carats. It shows some silk, but remains translucent.
I Gave this to my daughter, but she doesn't like the random diamond placement, so I'll probably have it reset. It was suppose to be like stars in the sky, but now I'm thinking that a crescent moon shape with the little diamonds might be nice.
IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2833.JPG
The “jewellery designer” within me thinks, yes a half crescent moon shape mount (so like almost half the sapphire is “free”) burnished finish white gold or platinum with 3 staggered fine chains dangling (from behind the top of the mount) with tiny diamond set stars, 1 bigger star, two smaller.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The “jewellery designer” within me thinks, yes a half crescent moon shape mount (so like almost half the sapphire is “free”) burnished finish white gold or platinum with 3 staggered fine chains dangling (from behind the top of the mount) with tiny diamond set stars, 1 bigger star, two smaller.
Thank you Bron, that’s a lovely idea. She’s been talking about wearing as a ring instead. I can understand why since stars are so entertaining to look at. But the same idea, minus the chains could be done in a ring. I’m especially in love with the crescent moon shape.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I bought a beautiful twin star sapphire from Yvonne Raley...she's at the Tucson show right now (lucky lady!). She takes shopping requests so you could reach out to her through her Etsy store. I find her prices to be very reasonable...mine is 5.23cts and I paid around $650. It's a very rare natural twin star, so that may have raised the price, I'm not sure what the going rates are. It's a little over 9x7, and 7mm high. A very light translucent white with hint of lavender.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh ::) ... This is a ring to remember !

The bangles fit the ring great, as usual; your signature look (ring - bangle), as far as I can tell from this side of the screen ;))

-

So, I have found my gem, it would seem ... I need a colourless star ! I knew I loved them, but just as an ideal, since the best I had seen where too far from perfect. Now, I know.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh ::) ... This is a ring to remember !

The bangles fit the ring great, as usual; your signature look (ring - bangle), as far as I can tell from this side of the screen ;))

-

So, I have found my gem, it would seem ... I need a colourless star ! I knew I loved them, but just as an ideal, since the best I had seen where too far from perfect. Now, I know.
Thank you, Valeria. I’m so pleased that you are inspired! The ring does go with these moonstone, Albite feldspar bangles, and a strand of small, clear Herkimer “diamond” crystals which I sometimes wear, (double terminated quarts crystals). am newly fascinated with the colorless stars. They have an individual beauty to them which is so unlike anything else. I am remorseful now as I recently saw a beauty at 7 carats. It sold before I could return...

Now to focus on the other extreme of the spectrum, I’m looking for a black star for my husband. It’s a different aesthetic when looking at those...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results