shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your lotus rings!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
We are showing pillbox rings here too, yes?

Just finished... I can''t wait until it gets here!

il_fullxfull.101342067.jpg

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Top, which just looks like a normal bezel, of course...

il_fullxfull.101342464.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! When I sent the stone to Sally, I told her it wasn''t going to be a spectacular stone like PSers send her (like, say, your tanzanite, MTG!) Was a little sheepish that I had picked it up on a whim at a bead show. But Sally makes every gem beautiful, doesn''t she?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I think you sell your sapphire short! That is a beautifully rich blue you have there!

You should definitely post it in the Colored Stones Eyecandy thread!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
I will, thanks! But I think I''ll wait until I can get hand shots. Or just get my hands on it... *sigh* I am not a patient person.

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 11:06:07 PM
Author: tntyau
I will, thanks! But I think I''ll wait until I can get hand shots. Or just get my hands on it... *sigh* I am not a patient person.

Ha! I feel your pain, I''m not a patient person either, and I''m always looking forward to a new piece from Sally. Your sapphire looks gorgeous, by the way, no need to be sheepish about it. The color of that blue is to die for. May you enjoy your new ring in good health always. Can''t wait to see handshots!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful and look forward to handshots!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
me too - fun!
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 10:19:27 PM
Thank you! When I sent the stone to Sally, I told her it wasn''t going to be a spectacular stone like PSers send her (like, say, your tanzanite, MTG!) Was a little sheepish that I had picked it up on a whim at a bead show. But Sally makes every gem beautiful, doesn''t she?

I was just admiring that ring on Sally''s website. I think that stone is very pretty, and I love the setting.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 3:54:56 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Date: 11/9/2009 10:19:27 PM

I was just admiring that ring on Sally''s website. I think that stone is very pretty, and I love the setting.

Yep, I love the vivid blue color especially!

Everyone else''s looks great so far...can''t wait to get my latest ones at the end of this week!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone certainly has been busy!! So many beautiful projects! I''m thinking about caving and getting a moonstone lotus set
27.gif
maybe....

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe Kas, they are addictive aren't they? Arg, I can't believe I have to wait until JANUARY to get my tanzanite back, sigh. But I have no doubt it'll turn out amazingly! Hopefully my new tsav lotus will tide me over, I just got a spacer ring so that I can wear my two lotuses together!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
January!!!
23.gif
I''m sure it''ll be well worth the wait though
2.gif

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your encouragement, everyone! I bought the sapphire before finding Pricescope, and reading about all the knowledge that people here have put into their colored stone purchases, so I guess I consider it my "uneducated" sapphire. ;-) Not that I''m any less happy with it, though! It was an eye-catching blue under all the lights at the gem/bead show, but what I remember is taking it out while I was walking to my car, and just standing there
30.gif
in the sunny parking lot...

...Aaah, I cannot wait! Stalking the mailroom time!

I love the look of your lotus and elixir together, jstarfireb. I''m looking forward to seeing the hand shots of them when you get them.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yay, they''re finally here!!! Here are the garnet and spinel together with my alexandrite as well as the 2 spacer bands from BirkaScandinavian on Etsy.

jstar-sallyrings.jpg

jstar-sallyrings2.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
I just love that profile
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got my new tsav lotus! Here are some pics:

mtgtssav2.JPG

mtgtsavupside.JPG

Thread in CS:
link

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hehe, here are MTG's and my Sally pieces all stacked up together! Four lotuses and one elixir...

ETA: Yes, that is my pinky. Because MTG has teeny tiny fingers so her rings fit on my pinky. And yes, my fingers really are THAT webbed! I enjoy being a freak of nature though.
3.gif

jstar-mtg-lotus-stack.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I love all your HOW rings!
30.gif
30.gif

(p.s. I have webbish fingers too
41.gif
in between my middle and ring finger- makes my ring always look like its crooked
40.gif
)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, my fingers aren''t THAT small! BEG has a 3.5sz finger! I''m a 4.5 (just like Chrono, haha, what I wouldn''t give to play in her jewelry box sometime!)

I''m so in love with my new lotus ring, I went a little photo crazy, just posted up another batch of photos, haha. It''s an addiction...

I think it''s funny, because in all other regards, I''m not a photo person. Until we got married, there were maybe 3 photos of me and the hubby together, and neither of us took photos of each other either, lol. My gemmies are my babies
3.gif

here''s one from today
tsflwer.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooo I like the one of them all stacked together..boy it really gives some perspective on how thin and delicate they are!

MTG, this last picture is looking very festive for the holidays!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/20/2009 6:35:29 PM
Author: packrat

MTG, this last picture is looking very festive for the holidays!

Yup, and now it''s my avatar in time for the Christmas season!!

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I decided to ask the admins to re-open this thread because there have been new postings of lotuses since 11/09. Also, I am impatiently waiting for Sally to handcraft my very own lotus, so I thought I''d pass the time by ogling the lotuses already on here.

I''m going to post photos and links to more recent lotuses. Please feel free to contribute more photos to this thread!!
1.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Sillyberry's lotus viewed from the top

sillyberry_peridot_babylotus2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results