clarity

Show us your lotus rings!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
On the hand

aamIMG_0015.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
And a close up of the stone! jstarfireb the band feels super tiny to me, so I think I'd be uncomfortable with the bigger one. It's not clunky at all.

aamIMG_0016_2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful mercoledi!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 1:14:31 PM
Author: mercoledi
And a close up of the stone! jstarfireb the band feels super tiny to me, so I think I''d be uncomfortable with the bigger one. It''s not clunky at all.
Love this stone and ring...

Are all the lotus head slightly different? I''ve seen some that gives it a "framed" look to the stone a little wider with more metal showing, and some are not?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MTG

Date: 10/2/2009 2:19:41 PM
Author: D&T

And a close up of the stone! jstarfireb the band feels super tiny to me, so I think I'd be uncomfortable with the bigger one. It's not clunky at all.

Are all the lotus head slightly different? I've seen some that gives it a 'framed' look to the stone a little wider with more metal showing, and some are not?

I noticed that too, I wonder if it has to do with the cut of the stone. I like the visible head on mine, but I can see both looks. The cabs seem to have that not happen. I would ask Sally if you feel strongly about one or the other. The visible head reminds me of the WF Bellirina pendant
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 2:24:56 PM
Thanks MTG

Date: 10/2/2009 2:19:41 PM
Author: D&T

And a close up of the stone! jstarfireb the band feels super tiny to me, so I think I''d be uncomfortable with the bigger one. It''s not clunky at all.

Are all the lotus head slightly different? I''ve seen some that gives it a ''framed'' look to the stone a little wider with more metal showing, and some are not?

I noticed that too, I wonder if it has to do with the cut of the stone. I like the visible head on mine, but I can see both looks. The cabs seem to have that not happen. I would ask Sally if you feel strongly about one or the other. The visible head reminds me of the WF Bellirina pendant
9.gif
I like the framed look too - but alas,, I didn''t realize that they were slightly different in that respect... maybe on my next project with her I''ll have to make a mental note of that.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
D&T I love the preview pieces of your spinel, I think it'll be lovely in person. Since the design is round, it would probably be harder to frame a square stone in the lotus than in elixer.

I bet you love it!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 2:43:01 PM
D&T I love the preview pieces of your spinel, I think it''ll be lovely in person. Since the design is round, it would probably be harder to frame a square stone in the lotus than in elixer.

I bet you love it!
aww thank you! I''m excited to get it
36.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wow! we certainly have been keeping Sally busy!
2.gif
everyone''s pieces are so lovely!

I''m sorry I haven''t posted irl pictures of the ruby star yet, but I''ve been dealing with the loss of a family member and the suicide of a friend
15.gif
... so, I will get them up eventually, but as you can guess, it hasn''t been on the top of my to-do list

can''t wait to see everyone''s up and coming projects
31.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2009 2:45:19 PM
Author: kas baby
wow! we certainly have been keeping Sally busy!
2.gif
everyone''s pieces are so lovely!

I''m sorry I haven''t posted irl pictures of the ruby star yet, but I''ve been dealing with the loss of a family member and the suicide of a friend
15.gif
... so, I will get them up eventually, but as you can guess, it hasn''t been on the top of my to-do list

can''t wait to see everyone''s up and coming projects
31.gif
oh no,, Kas... prayers to you and your family. don''t worry about pics - goodness, take care of yourself sweetie
15.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks sweetie. Just taking it one day at a time and trying to stay composed so I can get through school. (bah! right after all that craziness I had a physics exam
14.gif
- took everything in me not to just collapse into a puddle of tears. I might as well have just thrown away the exam instead of turning it in
38.gif
I''m so disappointed in myself because before that exam I had a 98% in the class- it''s so frustrating)

sorry for the thread-jack
17.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thoughts to you and your family Kas! I can''t imagine what you''re going thru-sending hugs!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 9:01:47 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
This is my new lotus beauty holding my 7.1mm Barry Tourmaline

This reminds me of mine! I love it!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, Tgal''s new ring made me try to take some more pics of the pad (it''s a tough stone to photograph). So here''s a new pic of my current lotus, while I paintfully wait for my second lotus to get produced!

mtgsparklyhand.JPG

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I am so glad I clicked on this thread... what incredible, incredible designs. So delicate and feminine. I immediately looked up Heart of Water and plan to order my own ring. May all you ladies wear your rings in good health!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I just posted a thread over in the CS forum
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/long-overdue-pictures-of-my-lotus.127658/

sorry it took so long- hopefully it was worth the wait!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
oops! forgot to attach a few pics, lol

KASlotus1.JPG

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

KASlotus2.JPG

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade''s lotus

I''ve always been curious as to the lotus settings look like before they''re set and I stumbled across these photos of MakingTheGrade''s setting. Thought I''d post them!

lotussettingalone.jpg

freefly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/18/2009 1:47:03 PM
Author: kas baby
oops! forgot to attach a few pics, lol

Oh my god, I love it! I have a couple of star lotuses from Sally too, aren''t they just mesmerizing?
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tsav lotus is done! Now for the long wait for it to get here, sigh. But in the mean time, here are some pics from Sally :)

howtsavmtg.jpg

howtsavmtg2.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG- Beautiful!!! ... I just sent my pink Asscher tourmaline over and I asked for a Rose gold head with Silver shank, and she replied just today about this piece if I had seen it yet, I thought the gemstone looked familiar
2.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The two-tone turned out gorgeous! But of course I''m a little biased...

I wish I would have thought to do a silver shank with my YG head (instead of WG shank). It would have saved me quite a bit!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I finally have my pics! They''ll be shipped out tomorrow...

il_fullxfull.100930759.jpg

il_fullxfull.100930779.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure if it''s just that my stones are tiny (which they are - about 4.5mm each), but...has Sally been making thicker bands on her rings these days? My alex lotus band seems a tad more dainty based on the pictures. Could just be an illusion though.

apple

Rough_Rock
This is a pink tourmaline and white gold lotus, with two teeny little diamonds on the parts that curve up toward the basket...if I was going to do it again I think I would either get more diamonds
1.gif
or none. Sally did a great job and set it as low as possible.

ptlotus8722369.jpg

apple

Rough_Rock
The color in the first picture is more what I see IRL.

ptlotus123.jpg

apple

Rough_Rock
Profile.

ptlotus9978356.jpg

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 2:44:46 PM
Author: apple
This is a pink tourmaline and white gold lotus, with two teeny little diamonds on the parts that curve up toward the basket...if I was going to do it again I think I would either get more diamonds
1.gif
or none. Sally did a great job and set it as low as possible.

Beautiful color!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results