shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your lotus rings!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
The lotus setting from Sally (Heart of Water Jewels on Etsy) has become quite popular around here! I''m expecting mine to arrive next week. I thought it would be fun to make a thread where everyone with a lotus ring can post theirs in one place. I''d love to see how it looks stones of all different kinds, shapes, and sizes...cabochons, faceted, diamonds, colored stones...you name it!

So...show us your lotuses! I''ll post mine when it arrives, but in the meantime, Sally''s pictures are here.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Come on all you lotus lovers! I know you''re out there!

I''ll start by reposting some of the ones I found through a search...

Soycoffee''s OEC
ajufring30719.jpg

Freefly''s star sapphire and ruby
Little_Stars_(Sapphire_and_Ruby)-1.jpg

MakingTheGrade''s Padparascha sapphire
morepadyummy.jpg

Tradergirl''s OEC lotus earrings
RG%20studs.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl''s green tourmaline
BEGEtsyTourmalineRing6.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Awesome compilation! I am loving the Lotuses! Can't wait to see your handshots!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
here ya go, my mum''s one with a blue green tourmaline:

DSC04557rs3.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, AJ! Did you ask for it to be set particularly high up, or was it just a deep stone? It''s a bit of a different look for the lotus!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2009 12:39:58 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Gorgeous, AJ! Did you ask for it to be set particularly high up, or was it just a deep stone? It''s a bit of a different look for the lotus!

Hi jstar,
yeah I just noticed that when looking at the other folks'' photos.
It''s def. not as noticeable IRL.

I think the issue was that I originally had Sally create the setting without
the stone there, intending to have it set here. After I couldn''t find anyone
I trusted to set it, I ended up sending it all to her anyway to complete - learned
my lesson!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
wowza!!
30.gif
they are all soooo beautiful! makes me antsy while waiting for mine.... its in the process of being made and the waiting is driving me NUTS!
26.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I love all your lotus rings! I might have to get one because they''re beautiful. Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the profile of mine
profpad.JPG

And A LOT of hand shots, lol, sorry!
handshotpads.jpg

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi - I just love the Lotuses, it's becoming a wee collection. It's so cool to see all of these beauties in one place, great idea!
Here are mine - baby white topaz, amethyst, moonstone, citrine and pink tourmaline - all of the stones are from Sally.

lotus-ps3es.jpg

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Some more of the pink tourmaline, my newest baby. The basket is a little different, love the swirls -

lotuspspinkes.jpg

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
And one more.. the blue topaz is actually Sally''s Elixir setting - I thought I''d include it for scale, for anyone who wanted to see it IRL. It may become the start of my new collection
1.gif

lotusps4_es.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
esmee- ohmygosh! I just loooooove all of your lotus rings! that pink tourmaline is gorgeous! I also love the swirl on the basket, so feminine
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those are beautiful settings, I must confess that I''ve never seen a lotus setting before! They''re gorgeous!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The swirly pink ring is awesome!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
so when I saw this thread, I thought to myself, I just HAVE to show Sally!! I think its nice to know that something you put so much love into is truly being appreciated. So I sent her the link. I just heard back and she said she loved it!

This is what she had to say:
"Wow, SO wonderful!!! What a fun thread, looks so ... celebratory, with no other reason to exist than to enjoy the Lotuses. I love it. Thanks for letting me know about it, that is SO sweet of you. :) Made my weekend!"

for anyone considering working with Heart of Water, Sally is soooo nice, and as is evident by this thread, people who buy jewelry from them absolutley adore it.

wear it in good health!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Esmee, what a collection!!! The swirly one is such an interesting variation. Is that also a pearl I see?

I like the Elixir setting too, except that it seems to sit really high on the finger to the point of being impractical for a klutz like me to wear. But it''s a beautiful piece of artistry.

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock

Hiya - thank you!!

1.gif
I think Sally will be listing the new swirly "Lush Lotus" pretty soon. I asked her to make a viney, swirly setting for the pink tourmaline, it''s a portuguese cut that Sally sourced and had cut for the ring, she really has fab stone sources. I just love the result, I''m really enjoying it a lot :) Um....yes, that is a stone that shall not be named, yikes, hope that''s ok..(?)

I couldn''t agree more, Sally is SO nice, completely lovely, talented and awesome to work with, it''s so nice to hear she likes this thread, thanks for posting that Kasbaby! I can''t wait to see your Lotus
36.gif

Jstarfireb, I''m looking forward to seeing RL photos of your alexandrite lotus, it looks amazing!

Everyone''s lotuses are just gorgeous
30.gif

You know, the Elixir does look a bit high in photos, it does, but really it''s only about 7mm, maybe just under, surprisingly pretty low really, just a hair above the baby lotus...I just got it and totally love it, especially the fleur-de-lis basket - haven''t knocked it around yet :) I''m working on a ruby and a blue spinel set in the Elixir soon (shhhh). A little off topic, but here is another look at it -

elixirpses.jpg

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
would you look at that pool of BLUE... aaaahhh, refreshing. I sure hope Sally adds the "lush lotus" to her shop, it is beautiful. I have a feeling that this will become an addiction, lol.

I''m soooo pumped! I can''t wait to see how mine will turn out. Sally found a cute, unique ruby star. its 7.3 x 5.5mm, 1.58cts. Its super cute, it''ll end up being a tad modified given the shape, but I have no doubts that it will be every bit as lovely as the others
here''s Sally''s pic of the ruby...

sally star ruby.jpg

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Kas, I can see why! That is such a unique and pretty ruby star, and WHAT a gorgeous color, yum!. It''s going to make a fabulous Lotus ring
face23.gif

makandaddie

Rough_Rock
Esmee...I was just looking at the citrine ring on her site! You don''t by chance have a stand alone hand shot of that beauty, do you? What are your personal thoughts on that particular ring? Does it look great all on it''s own?

Can''t wait to own a lotus!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
No ring to show off. I have some Lotus seed rings in production, but they are not done yet. But I just wanted to say how nice Sally is to work with, and she really took her time to work with me to find the right settings for my stones.

BTW, I love all these rings in the same thread :).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 10:22:03 PM
Author: Esmee
Some more of the pink tourmaline, my newest baby. The basket is a little different, love the swirls -

this is very pretty and different esmee - I love the way the gem looks
like a rose/flower!

You have an awesome H.O.W collection.
30.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
These are all gorgeous rings!!!

I have a question for lotus owners, especially those who have had their rings for some time. I am considering this setting for my e-ring and am wondering if it is durable. It just looks so delicate that I am afraid that, with daily wear, the basket or prongs may break off or the band may snap.

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi Makandaddie! I like this ring a lot and wear it often, love the rose cut of the citrine, and the way the stone color deepens and lightens with the light. It is a pretty large stone at 8mm for me, but I like that, even on my small stubby hands, size 6 finger. It does wear great on it''s own, and I also wear it with a band or two sometimes. I have the pics below (I apologize if this turns out huge~)
I saw Sally and her team recently made a 6mm citrine lotus, which looks really lovely as well - I''m sure it could be made in any size you like - http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=17557533

Hi AJ! Thank you! You have some very awesome rings, I totally drool over your JM and your GOG OMC, they''re absolutely spectacular :) Your mother''s Lotus ring is beautiful, that stone is just gorgeous!

And Jstarfireb, your Alexandrite Lotus is awesome! What a fantastic stone, congratulations it''s on your finger! Ummm, where is the pic for this thread?? Ha

1.gif

LtlFirecracker, I think Lotus Seeds count, can''t wait to see them :)

citrinelotusps.jpg

dc sparkles

Rough_Rock
Hi Sparklyring - I rotate one of the Lotuses daily and have done for some time, like a year? maybe more, but not one ring daily. The setting seems very sturdy to me; while it looks delicate, the basket is substantial and the prongs are not too thin, at all. The band could be made thicker if you''d want; I can see it wearing down over time, but I can''t see it snapping. I would definitely encourage you to talk to Sally about your concern, and hopefully some folks who wear theirs daily can chime in. Good luck!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hadn''t posted one because I linked to the thread twice! But since Sally''s pics are better than mine, here''s one of hers:

il_fullxfull.81058575.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have lotus envy
30.gif

Gorgeous Lotus ring everyone!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results