shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I too have seen the super fakes on repladies and it is astounding.

It’s shocking. I can imagine choosing or designing a piece inspired by a classic branded item- like the Tiffany solitaire- but I would hate to choose an item deliberately wanting to pass it off as the “real deal”. I accidentally stumbled onto that forum when I was looking at a preloved item I had purchased but was unsure of the authenticity (I love getting a deal on preloved items but only if I am confident they are legit! Otherwise it’s not mind clean for me.)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I had the Victoria earrings in medium but I don’t have them anymore… Not sure how much help I can be but feel free to LT or IG me if you’d like!

I will say here in public that I’ve been following a Reddit forum called Repladies to see what sort of stuff is faked and what the fakes look like, and the good ones can be horrifyingly accurate. With paperwork and tags and the right stamps and everything and they can even “age” receipts and packaging :sick:

That forum is a really fascinating societal petri dish actually. There was a recent thread on buyer decorum… The takehome was “these sellers take huge risks to make and sell and ship these products, customers should be nicer to them”. One individual went so far as to outline that the replica industry is a half-trillion dollar industry that has ties to child trafficking and other illegal enterprises, and sellers can go to jail for what they’re doing, and that she’s so grateful to be able to splurge on nice things (replicas) that she doesn’t need. Like… If you believed you were contributing to an illegal industry that enables child trafficking - for fake purses, not exactly a necessity - wouldn’t you, um, stop? Really bizarre and disgusting juxtaposition of contextual righteous indignance and objective moral vacuum :wall: So glad PSers are better than that!

… Anyway… Back to Victoria… :bigsmile:

Ack! I just found the forum, that's scary stuff. Makes me re-think buying the popular items (like the Victoria earrings) as pre-loved. I am still comfortable buying the less popular, harder-to-make items if they don't have red flags and are from reputable sellers (and I get them inspected once purchased within the return window.). In the art world (my profession) forgers tend to go after the least work for the most reward (they create the in-demand items that will be easy to sell.)

I sent you an email before I looked at the forum. Now I'm not sure I want to buy the earrings. Oh darn!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Ack! I just found the forum, that's scary stuff. Makes me re-think buying the popular items (like the Victoria earrings) as pre-loved. I am still comfortable buying the less popular, harder-to-make items if they don't have red flags and are from reputable sellers (and I get them inspected once purchased within the return window.). In the art world (my profession) forgers tend to go after the least work for the most reward (they create the in-demand items that will be easy to sell.)

I sent you an email before I looked at the forum. Now I'm not sure I want to buy the earrings. Oh darn!

I have never seen the Victoria earrings up close, so I wouldn't be much help there. I've purchased branded secondhand jewelry only from Fashionphile, generally trusting in their authentication process. I don't even bother looking a eBay or other sites like that because of worries about fakes.

Even with Fashionphile I'm wary now. I was looking at a pair of Tiffany Paper Flowers diamond cluster earrings and noticed they had regular pushbacks instead of la pousette backs (as all others have) and the posts and markings look a bit off to me. Perhaps this earring was offered with different post options, but I would not be comfortable buying them.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen the Victoria earrings up close, so I wouldn't be much help there. I've purchased branded secondhand jewelry only from Fashionphile, generally trusting in their authentication process. I don't even bother looking a eBay or other sites like that because of worries about fakes.

Even with Fashionphile I'm wary now. I was looking at a pair of Tiffany Paper Flowers diamond cluster earrings and noticed they had regular pushbacks instead of la pousette backs (as all others have) and the posts and markings look a bit off to me. Perhaps this earring was offered with different post options, but I would not be comfortable buying them.

I actually ordered something from Fashionphile that seemed a little off so I returned it. I generally trust them but honestly not other sites and I’m not brave enough for eBay. I haven’t seen the Victoria earrings well enough to feel confident in authenticity.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies...I bought the size medium, 4 petal, Victoria studs from the eBay vendor!

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with their thoughts and experiences. Special thanks to @Rubies-R-Me and @yssie for behind-the-scenes help and personally looking over the listings for me.

Now I wait... I plan to take the earrings to Tiffany's for servicing and hopefully confirmation they are legitimate. If they are fakes, I have a 30 day return window.

I've tried on the medium studs in Tiffany's and they are perfect for a lower-key option to my ACA studs. I really, really need a "travel" pair that still has presence and some bling (travel to safer areas, work conferences, visiting relatives who are weirded-out by my disco-ball-studs, etc.)

So fingers crossed!

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies...I bought the size medium, 4 petal, Victoria studs from the eBay vendor!

Thanks to everyone who weighed in with their thoughts and experiences. Special thanks to @Rubies-R-Me and @yssie for behind-the-scenes help and personally looking over the listings for me.

Now I wait... I plan to take the earrings to Tiffany's for servicing and hopefully confirmation they are legitimate. If they are fakes, I have a 30 day return window.

I've tried on the medium studs in Tiffany's and they are perfect for a lower-key option to my ACA studs. I really, really need a "travel" pair that still has presence and some bling (travel to safer areas, work conferences, visiting relatives who are weirded-out by my disco-ball-studs, etc.)

So fingers crossed!

I’m excited for you. I love the medium size!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

So fingers crossed!

Exciting! I look forward to seeing pictures!!!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

So fingers crossed!

Sorry I wasn't able to help! Looking forward to seeing them on you and hoping they are legit!!! :)

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just picked this up. I have always wanted a Tiffany pearl ring and this one resonated with me. I also prefer pearls in different colors other than white (my hands are very pale and this one helps diminish the pale-ness. :lol:) I was impressed with Tiffany services, too. tempImagezADCcr.png

Attachments

• tempImageCPLZ8l.png
    tempImageCPLZ8l.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 639
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just picked this up. I have always wanted a Tiffany pearl ring and this one resonated with me. I also prefer pearls in different colors other than white (my hands are very pale and this one helps diminish the pale-ness. :lol:) I was impressed with Tiffany services, too. tempImagezADCcr.png

Oh we're going to need a LOT more photos of this!! :love:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely! I agree, more photos!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Some hand-shots of the Tiffany HardWear South Sea golden pearl ring set in 18k yellow gold. tempImageIGQ4Di.png

Attachments

• tempImage3T1QSc.png
    tempImage3T1QSc.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 715

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very eye catching!!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I agree I love the hardware pearl collection! Your ring is stunning!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some hand-shots of the Tiffany HardWear South Sea golden pearl ring set in 18k yellow gold. tempImageIGQ4Di.png

Loving the juxtaposition of "traditionally soft and romantic" pearl and the HW mount :love:
This ring is dreamy :love:

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the juxtaposition of "traditionally soft and romantic" pearl and the HW mount :love:
This ring is dreamy :love:

Thank you! That is what I was going for. =)2

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tiffany True band
4F7CB25E-38F4-4703-AF37-A54A1E29042E.jpeg

Attachments

• 51D821C6-0EA5-4E99-BA1D-115792F3046D.jpeg
    51D821C6-0EA5-4E99-BA1D-115792F3046D.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 16

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think I've ever posted my (admittedly small!) Tiffany collection here! These are my non-silver pieces. I never wear the silver stuff so I'm just leaving that out - silver and I don't have the greatest relationship :lol:

ALL_1.png

- - - - - - - - - - -

- Vintage ruby carre, platinum.
- Vintage sapphire carre, platinum.
- 2.5ctw diamond carre, platinum. Bought in 2011 - last bling purchase before leaving CA to move across the country!
- Cobblestone, RG. In 2018 my company went under. I knew I'd find another job, but I didn't think I'd ever find another work family... But I kept hoping, and I kept turning down pretty good but not great fits, and a few months later I joined the team that I'm still proud to call "mine". I got this the week before my first day ::)

ALL_4.png

- - - - - - - - - - -

- 0.1ctw Elsa Peretti baby bezels, platinum. These were a Just Because gift from my in-laws right before we got engaged, and I treasure them :love:
- 0.11ct Elsa Peretta ruby CBTY, YG. I love Tiffany ruby melee. It's red. Not pink, not purple. Always a real red ❤️

ALL_3.png

- - - - - - - - - - -

And a couple pics of the two bracelets - I just copied these over from this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ed-pieces-yssie-ds-and-all-other-fans.213919/

This is the larger version of the bow bangle (0.82ctw) in RG. A lucky Las Vegas boutique find in 2018 - it was the last one available!

1630007252312.png

1630007195550.png

And my pandemic birthday Etoile. Also RG. This lovely came to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park earlier this year ::)

1630007440173.png

IMG_2381 copy.jpg

I know you posted this months ago but, wow, your carre and cobblestone bands, and the bow bangle! Gah I love them. Your photos are so beautiful, too - what’s your secret? Any plans to find a new caretaker for your silver stuff? ;-)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock

I’ve been loving the hardwear pearl things I’ve been seeing but wow this is the coolest! Love the color of the pearl and with the yellow gold

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you posted this months ago but, wow, your carre and cobblestone bands, and the bow bangle! Gah I love them. Your photos are so beautiful, too - what’s your secret? Any plans to find a new caretaker for your silver stuff? ;-)
Thank you!! That's very sweet!
I let the various little girls in my life pick through the silver stuff every so often. They're delighted with having Real Silver and Real Tiffany ❤️ I figure even the ones who are really too young still, they'll grow into them! And if they grow out of them they can pass them along to their siblings or friends ::)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here's a Tiffany question that's not about jewelry but that I'm trying to find the answer to and thought you all may be able to help.

What brand of chocolate does Tiffany give as gifts? I can't remember the name of the particular chocolatier they use, but know they are based in California, and I think maybe LA area.

I was given a small box of it once a few months ago during an appointment and loved it. I'd like to order a box from the chocolatier (not from Tiffany's as they don't sell the chocolate) to give to my mom for Mother's Day. But I can't for the life of me remember the brand.

I guess I could call Tiffany's, but I've found its very hit or miss, with some of the SAs being excellent and others checked-out/non helpful.

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been loving the hardwear pearl things I’ve been seeing but wow this is the coolest! Love the color of the pearl and with the yellow gold

Thank you! Funnily enough, I actually went back to Tiffany and exchanged the ring for a darker (more gold) pearl and I am much happier with it. Same style, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results