shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone who has purchased pre-owned tiffany pieces: would you always resize at tiffany, even if it costs extra vs resizing locally?

I bought a preowned tiffany engagement ring in 2010 and could wear it at it's original size for a long time but finally decided to go up a bit last November, they resized it at no charge, I would probably always take to tiffany

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a preowned tiffany engagement ring in 2010 and could wear it at it's original size for a long time but finally decided to go up a bit last November, they resized it at no charge, I would probably always take to tiffany

Can I see a pic of your ring :)

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't even think to try on the HW bracelet in SS when I visited the store the other day. (I'm looking for WG).
So - I ordered it online from Tiffany today - I can always return if I don't like it :)

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Can I see a pic of your ring :)

Sure but it will likely be a day or two before I can pull it out of the safe for pics, it is a 1.14 ct classic solitaire that was traded to a jeweler near where I worked because someone bought it in 1997 and never proposed, it sat in a safe deposit box til they traded it to this jeweler for a bigger diamond when they did later get engaged to someone else.

You could tell it had literally never been worn and came with all documentation. The jeweler sold it to me for what he gave the original owner in trade for it, he just couldn't easily sell a used ring he said. The tiffany name just wasn't well known around here at that time. I really got a great deal.

It was sized at a 4.5 and I could wear it like that except on really hot days but I did take it to tiffany last fall and sized up to 5.5

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
For anyone who has purchased pre-owned tiffany pieces: would you always resize at tiffany, even if it costs extra vs resizing locally?

Yes! Having a pre-loved Tiffany piece serviced at Tiffany's will tell you whether its authentic or not. If they do the work, it's real. They evaluate each piece and they really know what they are looking for. They'll give you a service receipt when they are finished and having that service receipt will help you prove the piece is authentic if you ever go to resell it. For me, knowing its real is a mind-clean thing.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! Having a pre-loved Tiffany piece serviced at Tiffany's will tell you whether its authentic or not. If they do the work, it's real. They evaluate each piece and they really know what they are looking for. They'll give you a service receipt when they are finished and having that service receipt will help you prove the piece is authentic if you ever go to resell it. For me, knowing its real is a mind-clean thing.

Makes sense! I need to figure out a) a fair price for the thing I'm considering, and b) how many sizes I can increase on a half eternity, where the other half is a plain band. I'm thinking 1.5 sizes would be max.

chere

Shiny_Rock

I would do this to confirm it's authentic. Also they will re-polish the rings and it will look new.

The resizing may be complimentary.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I received the medium SS Hardwear bracelet.

Please let me know your thoughts!

IMG_1362.jpg

Love it! But if it were me I might switch out the JUC for a tennis bracelet, if you have one? Or another WG or silver bracelet. I don’t mind mixing metals too much tho :)

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! But if it were me I might switch out the JUC for a tennis bracelet, if you have one? Or another WG or silver bracelet. I don’t mind mixing metals too much tho :)

Thanks!
The JUC has a very special meaning to me, so I wear it everyday :)

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I think, unfortunately, that the sterling silver color is just too different from the WG color. I really don't understand why Tiffany/VCA/Cartier limits their selection of WG pieces.

I'm going to return and continue my search.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, unfortunately, that the sterling silver color is just too different from the WG color. I really don't understand why Tiffany/VCA/Cartier limits their selection of WG pieces.

I'm going to return and continue my search.

You know. I didn’t want to say that. I started composing a response but deleted it because my opinion really doesn’t matter… But for what it’s worth I agree with you. The three different colours - YG, WG, silver - just aren’t harmonious to me, and it’s the silver that’s the odd man out - your yellow and white gold pieces are beautiful together.

I’m with you. I don’t understand Tiffany’s aversion to white gold!! Many people buying fine jewellery want a gold or platinum option - they aren’t going to be satisfied with silver as the “white metal”! But at least they don’t charge gold prices for their silver I guess!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Paisley2628 I remember your story about why the nail emblem is so meaningful to you.

Would you consider a non-Tiffany chain?

These two came to mind - IMO they’re different but could both work with your Love and JUC. First one would need alteration to a bracelet… I admit I’m partial to the second ::)

Last edited:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
@Paisley2628 I remember your story about why the nail emblem is so meaningful to you.

Would you consider a non-Tiffany chain?

These two came to mind - IMO they’re different but could both work with your Love and JUC. First one would need alteration to a bracelet… I admit I’m partial to the second ::)

Oh my - Love the VCA! Thank you for the great find @yssie !

I have two VCA bracelets- but I do not stack them for fear of getting scratched - I wear by themselves on my right wrist. This all gold version would work well stacked.

I would actually prefer a VCA/Cartier bracelet. I don't want to get off-topic, but does anyone know why pre-loved Tiffany pieces lose so much value? VCA/Cartier retains a good portion of the original purchase price.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - Love the VCA! Thank you for the great find @yssie !

I have two VCA bracelets- but I do not stack them for fear of getting scratched - I wear by themselves on my right wrist. This all gold version would work well stacked.

I would actually prefer a VCA/Cartier bracelet. I don't want to get off-topic, but does anyone know why pre-loved Tiffany pieces lose so much value? VCA/Cartier retains a good portion of the original purchase price.

I’ve bought VCA from that second vendor before and everything checked out. Buying preloved branded is kind of a nightmare!! Even if that vintage WG still had some plating - at least you know that when it fades it’ll fade to match your Cartier WG.

How do men know exactly what not to say? Mine told me he thinks my my yellow pearl studs look like “tumour growths on my ear”. :rolleyes::lol:

Lol, my DH isn't as direct. He's more: [grimace] "Well...if you really like it..."

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey folks!!

Copying this over from Preloved.

PSA: Get branded pieces you purchase preloved reliably vetted without delay!!

I trawl the Reddit replica forum occasionally and it's pretty terrifying. These replica manufacturers will fake everything. The pieces themselves, of course, but also packaging, certificates of authenticity, purchase receipts, service receipts, valuations for insurance... And the "good" replica manufacturers reuse serials from corresponding real pieces. Same design, same size, same colour, same gemstones... Same serial, reused multiple times. So you can't trust your SA running a serial number for you either.

The only ways to establish authenticity without any shred of doubt are to
A) Buy directly from a brand's boutique or website yourself, or
B) Buy from someone you know personally - who can trace the chain of purchase back to a direct boutique/website purchase.
Alternatively, having a piece serviced by the brand is a second-best stand-in: The brand workshops know their pieces and will only service authentic specimens. This must be servicing that you pay for, though, the free in-store look-over and polish tells you nothing!

There are fakes on PS and other fora. There are fakes on established reseller sites. Reputable IG personalities have fakes. There are lots of honest resellers! But fakes are everywhere. Be careful, PSers!!

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little something for me today - 3mm plain band in rose gold. No story for this one, quite personal, just adding some pics to the thread ::)

FIN_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FIN_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FIN_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

FIN_4.png

What's not to love? Tiffany's line up of bands, are well, fabu. I adore my Tiffany RH true band. And someone even complimented my YG 2mm band! Classic goes a long way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey folks!!

Copying this over from Preloved.

PSA: Get branded pieces you purchase preloved reliably vetted without delay!!

I trawl the Reddit replica forum occasionally and it's pretty terrifying. These replica manufacturers will fake everything. The pieces themselves, of course, but also packaging, certificates of authenticity, purchase receipts, service receipts, valuations for insurance... And the "good" replica manufacturers reuse serials from corresponding real pieces. Same design, same size, same colour, same gemstones... Same serial, reused multiple times. So you can't trust your SA running a serial number for you either.

The only ways to establish authenticity without any shred of doubt are to
A) Buy directly from a brand's boutique or website yourself, or
B) Buy from someone you know personally - who can trace the chain of purchase back to a direct boutique/website purchase.
Alternatively, having a piece serviced by the brand is a second-best stand-in: The brand workshops know their pieces and will only service authentic specimens. This must be servicing that you pay for, though, the free in-store look-over and polish tells you nothing!

There are fakes on PS and other fora. There are fakes on established reseller sites. Reputable IG personalities have fakes. There are lots of honest resellers! But fakes are everywhere. Be careful, PSers!!

+ a billion. Not very long ago I mentioned I would no longer buy on the secondary market. I don't have the fortitude for it anymore.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday's minimalist all-Tiffany RG arm ::)

IMG_6015.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I thought I’d share my birthday present from my husband and my dad. ( they coordinated!!!) I introduce my Tiffany blue heart set. I’m so spoiled by the two most important men in my life. 8BE38984-F62D-406A-8302-B38C4B6A9AA6.jpeg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I’d share my birthday present from my husband and my dad. ( they coordinated!!!) I introduce my Tiffany blue heart set. I’m so spoiled by the two most important men in my life. 8BE38984-F62D-406A-8302-B38C4B6A9AA6.jpeg

I love it. I have a small bracelet from this line and it matches so many outfits I just adore it.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
I love it. I have a small bracelet from this line and it matches so many outfits I just adore it.

Thank you!! I just love it. It’s so unique. I love how tte earrings are two different colors. But when you put it all on it plays off one another.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results