shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Tiffany!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Pics of my new tiffany chain (sorry for the duplicate pics, I also posted on "new purchases/things you're considering).

20220302_133451.jpg

20220310_145556.jpg

and with the lock I bought to go with it for when I want to wear the "small" links at the front

20220310_114623.jpg

Looks great with the lock! How cool to have the different style options. It's like two necklaces in one.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the update! I totally understand needing to rein in impulse buys :) sounds like you have a great upgrade in the works!

I tried the climbers on in the store last fall and found that they kept flipping on me. Pretty as they are I don’t think they work for my ears!

I’m trying to be better about saving up for a few key items on my long term list, the next being a graduated yellow gold bead necklace- a similar look to the Hardwear necklace I have in silver! And I’d really love a rose gold VCA bracelet… if I keep being a magpie I will never build up the bling fund!

Good thing you were able to try on and rule out the climbers. I did the same - they looked terrible on my ears. The gold bead necklace on your list sounds like it would be an amazing staple piece. There are several higher ticket items that I want, but I also have a hard time saving up for that long. The older I get, the pricier my wish list items!

Beautiful pearl set! I love classic pieces like these. The luster of the pearls looks gorgeous against your skin.

Regarding the olive leaf hoops, have you tried them on? They are lovely looking , but a word of caution, they are fairly heavy (gram weight) and for me at least, too heavy for comfortable all-day wear. I don't remember the exact weight off the top of my head, but I believe its in the teens, and my own personal threshold is around 8.5-9 grams. I have the Cartier Love Hoops which are 14 grams and I can only wear them for a few hours at a time.

Thanks for the heads up. That's disappointing to hear. I have tried them on, but for less than a minute. I was enamored by the look and was not thinking about the weight. As a rule, I've always avoided heavy earrings to prevent my holes from stretching. I'll have to try them on for longer next time I'm able to get to a Tiffany boutique.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@FL_runner I was coming here to tell you that the Tiffany olive leaf climbers in rose gold were on FP. I remember you wanted them. But I see they are gone now - any chance you snapped them up? :mrgreen2: I still look everyday, hoping to see the olive leaf hoops in rose gold.

Oh, and I realized that I never posted a follow up to my impulse ring buy. I ended up cancelling the purchase because...it was an impulse! My 20 year wedding anniversary is in two years, so I am planning a major ring purchase for that. I wanted my focus this year to be on buying a necklace to mark 15 years as an attorney - I can come up with an occasion to justify any jewelry purchase. I ended up spending those funds, plus more, on this akoya pearl set (which anyone on the pearl forum has seen already). Bonus Tiffany-in-action shot.

PXL_20220214_170043178.jpg
Anyone have a Tiffany update to share? The VCA thread is so active, we need some action here. :)

You have such a clear and cohesive sense of style, I love it!!

And that’s such a beautiful set of pearls - perfect way to celebrate a long and successful career, congratulations!! :appl: :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great with the lock! How cool to have the different style options. It's like two necklaces in one.

I'm super happy about having both choices. It honestly does feel like 2 different necklaces. One is much more "in your face", and the other is more delicate.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pearl set! I love classic pieces like these. The luster of the pearls looks gorgeous against your skin.

Regarding the olive leaf hoops, have you tried them on? They are lovely looking , but a word of caution, they are fairly heavy (gram weight) and for me at least, too heavy for comfortable all-day wear. I don't remember the exact weight off the top of my head, but I believe its in the teens, and my own personal threshold is around 8.5-9 grams. I have the Cartier Love Hoops which are 14 grams and I can only wear them for a few hours at a time.
Thanks for the heads up. That's disappointing to hear. I have tried them on, but for less than a minute. I was enamored by the look and was not thinking about the weight. As a rule, I've always avoided heavy earrings to prevent my holes from stretching. I'll have to try them on for longer next time I'm able to get to a Tiffany boutique.

Agree with you both - my limit is about 8-9g too. There’s a weight at which I’m not even confident wearing them with extra support because I’m worried they’ll just stretch my whole lobe, not just the piercing!! I think once earrings are in the teens of grams they’re basically unwearable outside of an hour here, an hour there. My heaviest pair is 14g each I believe… I never wear them.

The one thing I have learnt is that once earrings get above 4g or so - exactly how that weight is distributed matters a lot!! Some of my earrings are pretty flat to the ear and have omega clips (which distribute weight between front and back of lobe), and they’re super comfy. All day wear with zero problems. And then I’ve got a pair of pearl studs that are 5g each, which are just flat out unwearable without BlingDots! Because the center of mass is SO far in front of the earlobe, rather than under the earlobe like with the studs with omega clips…

I’m a third who really tries to avoid earrings that seem intent on stretching either my piercing or my entire earlobe out, though!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of my new tiffany chain (sorry for the duplicate pics, I also posted on "new purchases/things you're considering).

20220302_133451.jpg

20220310_145556.jpg

and with the lock I bought to go with it for when I want to wear the "small" links at the front

20220310_114623.jpg

Ooooh. That’s beautiful!! @lovedogs I wanted the RG jumbo HW bracelet for months. But then the price increase hit and I took it off the list… Ugh, you’re making me want it again!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@FL_runner I was coming here to tell you that the Tiffany olive leaf climbers in rose gold were on FP. I remember you wanted them. But I see they are gone now - any chance you snapped them up? :mrgreen2: I still look everyday, hoping to see the olive leaf hoops in rose gold.

Oh, and I realized that I never posted a follow up to my impulse ring buy. I ended up cancelling the purchase because...it was an impulse! My 20 year wedding anniversary is in two years, so I am planning a major ring purchase for that. I wanted my focus this year to be on buying a necklace to mark 15 years as an attorney - I can come up with an occasion to justify any jewelry purchase. I ended up spending those funds, plus more, on this akoya pearl set (which anyone on the pearl forum has seen already). Bonus Tiffany-in-action shot.

PXL_20220214_170043178.jpg
Anyone have a Tiffany update to share? The VCA thread is so active, we need some action here. :)

FABU pearls!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to find a Tiffany leaf by Angela Cummings....I'd love to contribute here by way of finding one!

Tigerlilyrosepetal

Shiny_Rock
69EFE290-0C32-4867-BF9E-30E418A78782.jpeg

Contributing my Tiffany Embrace 2.2mm diamond band. It’s amazingly comfortable. I have tried many looks and find less is more with this band. I am also posting second pic with a platinum 1mm spacer in between.

I love Tiffany quality. Someday I would love to own a two-tone Schlumberger ring.

Attachments

• 39B39142-FF19-44DF-8680-A84A301600CB.jpeg
    39B39142-FF19-44DF-8680-A84A301600CB.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 27

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two favorite bands are the pre loved Tiffany bands that I scored, the Harmony and Soleste full eternity. 40AD66AE-97E9-4E18-A88D-EFECF2C137AB.jpeg

Those are beautiful!! ❤️

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two favorite bands are the pre loved Tiffany bands that I scored, the Harmony and Soleste full eternity. 40AD66AE-97E9-4E18-A88D-EFECF2C137AB.jpeg

Stacked Tiffany bands make my knees go weak :kiss2:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I had a spontaneous moment at Tiffany's yesterday!! Love these knot earrings in yellow gold! They are modern, but have an antique feeling to them also (I can't really explain why): IMG_3748.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a spontaneous moment at Tiffany's yesterday!! Love these knot earrings in yellow gold! They are modern, but have an antique feeling to them also (I can't really explain why): IMG_3748.jpeg

Gorgeous! Lucky lady! Please can you post ear shots, as I've never seen these on before?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

They’re beautiful! I think they’re one of the best designs in that collection :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous!

I second wanting to see ear shots!

I tried on the YG bracelet in that design and loved it. So glad these earrings "followed you home." :)

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!

I second wanting to see ear shots!

I tried on the YG bracelet in that design and loved it. So glad these earrings "followed you home." :)

they did indeed! I will post ear shots. :)

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@Cerulean - Did you ever try on the Paper Flowers earrings and if so what did you think?

Or anyone else?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Who here is good at looking at a pre-loved Tiffany piece (online) and telling me if they think it is real?

I don't want to post the link to the piece, because I don't want someone else to buy it (I can't reserve it). But I'd send the link to any of our regular PS crew. Its a Victoria piece. It looks authentic to me, but there isn't any paperwork to back it up so I'm hesitant.

Anyone interested in lending me their eye? I can be contacted through my LoupeTroop listing:

@yssie @DorotheaBrooke @Fabulous50 @Cerulean @Ally T @lovedogs
@FL_runner

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who here is good at looking at a pre-loved Tiffany piece (online) and telling me if they think it is real?

I don't want to post the link to the piece, because I don't want someone else to buy it (I can't reserve it). But I'd send the link to any of our regular PS crew. Its a Victoria piece. It looks authentic to me, but there isn't any paperwork to back it up so I'm hesitant.

Anyone interested in lending me their eye? I can be contacted through my LoupeTroop listing:

@yssie @DorotheaBrooke @Fabulous50 @Cerulean @Ally T @lovedogs
@FL_runner
I had the Victoria earrings in medium but I don’t have them anymore… Not sure how much help I can be but feel free to LT or IG me if you’d like!

I will say here in public that I’ve been following a Reddit forum called Repladies to see what sort of stuff is faked and what the fakes look like, and the good ones can be horrifyingly accurate. With paperwork and tags and the right stamps and everything and they can even “age” receipts and packaging :sick:

That forum is a really fascinating societal petri dish actually. There was a recent thread on buyer decorum… The takehome was “these sellers take huge risks to make and sell and ship these products, customers should be nicer to them”. One individual went so far as to outline that the replica industry is a half-trillion dollar industry that has ties to child trafficking and other illegal enterprises, and sellers can go to jail for what they’re doing, and that she’s so grateful to be able to splurge on nice things (replicas) that she doesn’t need. Like… If you believed you were contributing to an illegal industry that enables child trafficking - for fake purses, not exactly a necessity - wouldn’t you, um, stop? Really bizarre and disgusting juxtaposition of contextual righteous indignance and objective moral vacuum :wall: So glad PSers are better than that!

… Anyway… Back to Victoria… :bigsmile:

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Victoria earrings in medium but I don’t have them anymore… Not sure how much help I can be but feel free to LT or IG me if you’d like!

I will say here in public that I’ve been following a Reddit forum called Repladies to see what sort of stuff is faked and what the fakes look like, and the good ones can be horrifyingly accurate. With paperwork and tags and the right stamps and everything and they can even “age” receipts and packaging :sick:

That forum is a really fascinating societal petri dish actually. There was a recent thread on buyer decorum… The takehome was “these sellers take huge risks to make and sell and ship these products, customers should be nicer to them”. One individual went so far as to outline that the replica industry is a half-trillion dollar industry that has ties to child trafficking and other illegal enterprises, and sellers can go to jail for what they’re doing, and that she’s so grateful to be able to splurge on nice things (replicas) that she doesn’t need. Like… If you believed you were contributing to an illegal industry that enables child trafficking - for fake purses, not exactly a necessity - wouldn’t you, um, stop? Really bizarre and disgusting juxtaposition of contextual righteous indignance and objective moral vacuum :wall: So glad PSers are better than that!

I too have seen the super fakes on repladies and it is astounding.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@RunningwithScissors I bought my preloved Victoria earrings from Oakgem in 2013. I guess anyone can be fooled by replica's , but I trusted them. Secondary market is challenging!!!

cheers--Sharon

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooo! Just added RepLadies to my reddit list. Thanks yssie! So interesting.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness. The superfakes are unbelievable.. actually I mean very believable. Yikes and double yikes.:shock:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results