shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your diamond eternity wedding sets!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara,
This thread has just conviced me to go with and eternity wedding set. I love sooooo many settings my jeweler even jokes that i've never seen a setting i didn't love but these eternity sets are just
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I agree, it's so much fun to see all the sets that are similier but still very different. Hubby and i are going on our 5 year anniversary and I wanted the eternity wedding band back then to go with my 6 prong solitare but we didn't have the $$. so he is letting me upgrade my whole set this year. i'll definitely post pics when it's all done...

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I see other partial eternity bands here so I wanna play too!
Here''s my set:

PW_set.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
bump

any new sets out there???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes bluedawg must add her new Memoire set!!

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
This is my favorite thread..everyones sets are so pretty
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I wish my ering was an eternity.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/5/2005 9:33:27 PM
Author: Mara
yes bluedawg must add her new Memoire set!!
Thanks for the invitation.
3.gif

Here''s my upgrade set, for my 10th anniversary (with original e-ring diamond).

Original Thread

newringstpp.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Belle asked me to post my set in another thread so here goes. While it''s only a half eternity, I thought it might fit in with this thread....

Here are my specs:
Ring Size: 4.5
ER: Center stone is a princess cut, 1.61 carats, J-SI1 [eye-clean], side stones are .64 ctw round G-VS2 [yes I know, a no-no to drop 3 colors - please be kind]
WR: 1.10 CTW G-VS2

Somehow to me, because the round stones match they seem to form a backdrop to the center stone which stands out more due to its shape and color. Oh well, I can at least tell myself that!

catmomspretties.JPG

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Bluedawg: I LOVE your 10th anny upgrade!! I have been waiting to see that set on someone''s finger for a while now, and you came through! Your center is a 1ct? It looks huge!!!

...this is one of the best threads going!
2.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 3
6.gif
1:23 PM
Author: onedrop
Bluedawg: I LOVE your 10th anny upgrade!! I have been waiting to see that set on someone''s finger for a while now, and you came through! Your center is a 1ct? It looks huge!!!

2.gif
Thanks! While I waited for my set to come in, I looked thru this thread over and over. I wished I could see the whole Memoire set on someone just to tide me over.
2.gif

The diamond looks bigger in the pictures than it does IRL, unfortunately. Shrinkage is pretty intense after 11 years.
3.gif
I tried on a 2ct yesterday and am now pining away for a bigger rock.
31.gif

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
"The diamond looks bigger in the pictures than it does IRL, unfortunately. Shrinkage is pretty intense after 11 years. I tried on a 2ct yesterday and am now pining away for a bigger rock. "

Bluedawg: You know....a 2 carat would be blinding in your new setting.
12.gif

Destiny

Rough_Rock
Not a very god pic, but see my set on the left side. 3-sided micro pave eternity rings with princess center.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Destiny, you simply HAVE to get more pictures of your ring set!! I refuse to accept the grainy camera phone avatar any longer!!! I demand more pictures...that beautiful looking set needs to be seen UP CLOSE!!!
31.gif
Cruel torture...

Great sets from everyone, more!
31.gif

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 4:38:14 PM
Author: bluedawg

Date: 4/7/2005 3
6.gif
1:23 PM
Author: onedrop

2.gif
Thanks! While I waited for my set to come in, I looked thru this thread over and over. I wished I could see the whole Memoire set on someone just to tide me over.
2.gif

The diamond looks bigger in the pictures than it does IRL, unfortunately. Shrinkage is pretty intense after 11 years.
3.gif
I tried on a 2ct yesterday and am now pining away for a bigger rock.
31.gif
This is so hilarious. At one point I thought a 1.50 carat diamond was too huge, so I got a 1.85 & said this is it, I''ll be happy forever. Boy was I wrong, the night I got it home I realized it was too small! Now I want a 3 ct. If I had the 3 ct I''d probably want the 4 & so on & so on. I hope in the next 11 years I can have my 3 ct!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 11:45:39 PM
Author: Mara
Destiny, you simply HAVE to get more pictures of your ring set!! I refuse to accept the grainy camera phone avatar any longer!!! I demand more pictures...that beautiful looking set needs to be seen UP CLOSE!!!
31.gif
Cruel torture...

Great sets from everyone, more!
31.gif
Mara: I have lobbied Destiny for better pics as well....all that pave MUST be seen up close!
3.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Diamond shrinkage is an interesting phenomenon, isn''t it?! Before my re-set I was prowling and howling BAD for a bigger stone. It was AWFUL!

But since the re-set, I am soooo totally 100% thrilled with my diamond
30.gif
, that I THINK I may be happy forever with it!!! (Now don''t hold me TO THAT, of course... if another PERFECT [affordable!] STONE -- larger of course -- did happen to come along, I would certainly have to at least ENTERTAIN the thought... BUT... I''m not PINING for it! Not AT ALL!)

I look down at my fabulous, gorgeous rings and I just smile and sigh a happy sigh. I LOVE them so much! The center stone is so beautiful and sparkly, and it truly looks PLENTY BIG on my hands. So (for NOW, anyway
2.gif
) I just couldn''t be happier.

Lynn

rosy

Shiny_Rock
Lynn B it''s fabulous that you love love your diamond & don''t feel the urge at this time to upgrade it. It just goes to show how important the setting of a diamond is, almost as important as the stone you pick, wish I realized that before I bought my ring. I would love to someday reset my diamond but not anytime soon. Maybe in a few years or so. I think once I pick the perfect shared prong band I''ll be where you''re at too!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Bumping to ask the others with eternity sets... two ?s:

1-How long does it take before you stop worrying that everyday activities are going to harm your rings?

Ack! I have had my set for almost a week now, and I''m worried that I''m going to bang the bands and knock out a stone. I know my set is made very well... but I can''t help but worry. I have three kids (6, 4, almost 2) so you might imagine what a knocking around these rings are going to get. My old simple platinum band never got bent but it did get mighty scratched (every January it would get cleaned and polished so it looked new).

2-How do you clean your rings? And how often?

StageDva

Rough_Rock
I would also like to ask a question:

Did any of you get your Eternity Band in a larger size than your E-ring (for future sizing purposes) - and how is it working out? I''m thinking about going 1/2 a size larger when I order my Eternity Band. Thoughts?

Deputy74

Rough_Rock
Oh my. I just had to pick my jaw up off the floor. All the sparklies. I''m blinded.
23.gif

a''ll have some super incredibly gorgeous rings.

My question is to the ones that have platinum e-rings in solitaire settings and have shared prong w-rings like the Tiffany style. I think Catmom had one similar to what I''m talking about.

Does your shared prong rings eat into your platinum settings?

I have the D''Vatche royal crown in platinum and I have fallen madly in love with the Tiffany half circle shared prong thanks to Kayla17.
30.gif
But how much damage does it do to the e-ring when it rubs up against it?

Thanks so much,
Stephanie

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephanie,

Funny you should ask that as I just spent the morning with my jewelers due to that very problem. Mine are in white gold however, not platinum, so maybe if they were platinum there wouldn''t be a problem. I''ve had the WR for about three weeks now and noticed this morning that it had already worn grooves into my ER prongs. So off to the jewelers. They think they can polish out the grooves on the prongs without harming the integrity. I''m worried about that though! I have to go back tomorrow so their bench jeweler can look at it. I didn''t want the two rings soldered together as I want to be able to wear them separately so I ended up getting the smallest, thinnest plain band they had. It can''t be more than 1.5mm thick[maybe less] and it sits kind of underneath the two rings. Just enough to keep them separated but not be too noticeable. I love my rings together so I hope that this will be a workable solution.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could have shared prong problems, it will not matter if the gold is white or platinum, diamonds are stronger than metal and that''s it...diamonds rubbing against any metal will eat away at them over time.

The design of my rings has slightly more metal but it does not have the ''rub'' effect due to the fact that my prongs on each stone make a straight line of metal with no overhang so the diamonds never touch.

If this is a crucial thing for you, make sure to discuss it when designing something or looking around. Some of the MB settings look like they would rub but someone said that MB''s people said that doesn''t happen. While shopping I would be sure to try things on and wear them for a few minutes and see how the rings ''fall''...if they fall against each other or lay against each other in a natural hand position, you may eventually have some issues.

Brocksgirl24

Rough_Rock
Hey! Havent been on these boards for a while, I was addicted to Pricescope last year when we were looking for my my e-ring which we bought through a Pricescope vendor. Just picked up my w-band last weekend, so here I am to post a pic!

bandalone.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
OH I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! Nice work Ms. Mara! Ladies plesae keep them coming!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
New bling!

lora 101.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora 151.JPG

Lora

Shiny_Rock

lora 161.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results