shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
DANG, is that gorgeous!! What a cool design, and I just love zircons.
Your hand-model hands don't hurt, either.

You are too kind. My veins are prominent and I am self-conscious about them!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I just received this nice ring in the mail yesterday. Dan set my grape spinel from Finewater Gems into a simple rose gold basket setting. Very happy with the outcome.

BD402E10-E902-4E05-894E-BBBA239849D2.jpeg

Hoe beautiful! Pinky purple spinel in rose gold, it doesn't get any better. And it looks lovely on your hand.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
A few pictures of some things Dan did for me this summer. First, a re-do of my diamond halo pendant, reusing all of the parts and adding just a few more small diamonds. I wanted a piece with a little more "oomph," and I love this design. The only problem is now I'm looking at it and thinking what a fab ring it could be! :roll:

IMG_6659.JPG IMG_6658.JPG IMG_6657.JPG

Your DanM pendant is gorgeous! I love the design! Did you work on it together or show him inspo pics? It's very floral and pretty!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @CSpan! I love that it (whole piece overall) has dimension. The second shot is just for fun -- taken dangling in front of a lighted mirror.

IMG_6677.JPG

IMG_6672.JPG

That is spectacular. I love a good open gallery that let's in the light. Pop on a shank... just saying. I'd love that design in a colored stone too!

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your DanM pendant is gorgeous! I love the design! Did you work on it together or show him inspo pics? It's very floral and pretty!

Thanks so much, @GemmaBella! I did use an inspiration picture that was a little simpler, with only one row of larger petals, and asked about adding a second row. I really love how it worked out!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much, @GemmaBella! I did use an inspiration picture that was a little simpler, with only one row of larger petals, and asked about adding a second row. I really love how it worked out!

It looks fabulous and the earrings are gorgeous too!!

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I finally got my order from DM and it’s gorgeous! 14ct rose gold bypass with a spinel and tourmaline. Fits like a dream, cannot stop staring at it… C622CD8B-E7D4-44E4-A53D-372EE10BC5A7.jpeg
C6C78CAC-7550-4505-A5E4-104385B07D30.jpeg
310867F1-75FA-4443-B888-5615AC7C5B48.jpeg

Looks beautiful and comfortable! A great piece!

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I finally got my order from DM and it’s gorgeous! 14ct rose gold bypass with a spinel and tourmaline. Fits like a dream, cannot stop staring at it… C622CD8B-E7D4-44E4-A53D-372EE10BC5A7.jpeg
C6C78CAC-7550-4505-A5E4-104385B07D30.jpeg
310867F1-75FA-4443-B888-5615AC7C5B48.jpeg
This is just gorgeous! I’m totally in love with it.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heard from him earlier this week. From what he said it sounds like he got backed up due to some casting issues, but everything is fine now and he’s working to catch up.

Thanks for the info, he's had some stones of mine for about a month and I was starting to get concerned :)

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@GliderPoss It's lovely!
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting..... :wall: One stone since early February, the other since April. I don't have any place to wear my jewelry anyhow.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GliderPoss It's lovely!
Meanwhile, I'm still waiting..... :wall: One stone since early February, the other since April. I don't have any place to wear my jewelry anyhow.

He did admit he is a one-man-band and struggling to cope. I encouraged more communications with his customers! It’s frustrating but I’m confident you’ll get something absolutely lovely eventually. :pray:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@GliderPoss It's lovely!

Oh my, that's frustrating. I empathise with him as he is so busy, but effective communication would help. I did get a response and he assured me I would receive pics and shipping details the next day. That was days ago, but nothing received. I think he might be in over his head.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@GliderPoss It's lovely!

I don’t understand this since others have sent their stones and gotten their projects done after you sent yours. Why are you not in the queue??? Have you asked about why yours is taking this long when you know others who have gotten completed work done since? (Myself included btw I had a project done in August).

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I suspect that he may indeed have more work than he can handle plus he may not have the best organizational skills. I do really like him and have gotten some great pieces from him.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my present projects don't turn out to be long protracted affairs!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t understand this since others have sent their stones and gotten their projects done after you sent yours. Why are you not in the queue??? Have you asked about why yours is taking this long when you know others who have gotten completed work done since? (Myself included btw I had a project done in August).

I also have a stone with him since April. I remind him every month or so. Most recently I asked him to refund my deposit and send me the stone if he was not able to make the ring and he promised he would have the ring done this week. It does frustrate me when I read here about people who have had fast turnovers because I don’t think my ring is a complex design (it’s a slight modification of one of his stock designs).

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
~Solely pulling this out of thin air~
I wonder if he uses different casting houses? Like he chooses one over the other due to design or metal choice?

If there’s an issue upstream (covid or not) it might make some sense -

but it doesn’t alleviate communication issues or the possibility that he unable to keep his que chronological. Speculation just goes wild.

fingers crossed for you all that communication does open up

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Anyone recently asked for a refund and their stone mailed back? Did he issue the refund and send the stone?

Communication is terrible, and when he does respond its "Ill have it to you tomorrow I promise' but guess what, still no preview at all. In my message Monday he begged me to keep waiting and said he would have it cast this week.

I dont want to burn the bridge as his prices are great and I have been happy with quality.

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone recently asked for a refund and their stone mailed back? Did he issue the refund and send the stone?

Communication is terrible, and when he does respond its "Ill have it to you tomorrow I promise' but guess what, still no preview at all. In my message Monday he begged me to keep waiting and said he would have it cast this week.

I dont want to burn the bridge as his prices are great and I have been happy with quality.

I tried contacting him for the first time to see if he could make a pair of earrings and never heard back. Maybe he’s taken on more work than he can handle.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

I did that, two weeks ago. Same promise. I just came here to check if anyone else has gotten a refund as I was not sure how firm to be this time. In the 6 months of waiting, I’ve found a local jeweller that I trust and work with really well, and she is more than ready to work with my stone. Also I really don’t want to risk this stone getting lost in the Christmas crush of mail and parcels.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good news on my front, just got CADS back from Dan for my hexagon ring! He did a great design job and has told me that it can be cast and ready to ship next week. I'll wait to see if this really happens before getting too elated

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results