shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Dandi did you ask him why he didn’t send you a picture beforehand? Have you chased the Mail carrier?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dandi did you ask him why he didn’t send you a picture beforehand? Have you chased the Mail carrier?

I've emailed him so many times. I went on the USPS website, and there's no option to track international parcels, and after googling them I discovered they have suspended all shipments to Australia, and have done for many weeks now. I asked him again to please chase it up, and he said he'd go to USPS to retrieve it, and would be back to me the next day with a response. But as usual, no follow up email, despite me prompting him. I asked about pics, he didn't answer me. I'd say he replies to every 3rd or so email of mine, and the result has obviously been pretty unsatisfactory! I'm just so tired of the whole thing. But I don't know what else to do.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've emailed him so many times. I went on the USPS website, and there's no option to track international parcels, and after googling them I discovered they have suspended all shipments to Australia, and have done for many weeks now. I asked him again to please chase it up, and he said he'd go to USPS to retrieve it, and would be back to me the next day with a response. But as usual, no follow up email, despite me prompting him. I asked about pics, he didn't answer me. I'd say he replies to every 3rd or so email of mine, and the result has obviously been pretty unsatisfactory! I'm just so tired of the whole thing. But I don't know what else to do.

I’m so sorry to hear this, it must be so frustrating to deal with especially at this time.

As impossible as it naturally will be, please don’t let it stress you out too much, it’s not worth the physical ailments stress like this can cause!

Inexcusable behaviour from a vendor to be the cause of this much angst when it can be so easily solved via the use of COMMUNICATION!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry to hear this, it must be so frustrating to deal with especially at this time.

As impossible as it naturally will be, please don’t let it stress you out too much, it’s not worth the physical ailments stress like this can cause!

Inexcusable behaviour from a vendor to be the cause of this much angst when it can be so easily solved via the use of COMMUNICATION!!!

You're so right, adequate communication would greatly help!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
They look fantastic! I wish I could get my earrings from him!

Thanks Dandi! I'm sorry you're experiencing that. He sent me pictures before he sent out my pieces and they were posted on my Etsy listing when I paid for my final amount owed to him. I hope your earrings turn up soon, I know receiving anything by mail feels uncertain these days. I was nervous when my pieces were in transit.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dandi! I'm sorry you're experiencing that. He sent me pictures before he sent out my pieces and they were posted on my Etsy listing when I paid for my final amount owed to him. I hope your earrings turn up soon, I know receiving anything by mail feels uncertain these days. I was nervous when my pieces were in transit.

I've asked for pictures but alas...nothing.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Abstract cut grey/ silver/teal spinel from Mastercut with two CRD silver french cut spinels. Dan made some revisions on one of his previous designs. The perfect setting for these stones!
20211231_124111.jpg

Beautiful! I love that open profile / gallery. :kiss2:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Abstract cut grey/ silver/teal spinel from Mastercut with two CRD silver french cut spinels. Dan made some revisions on one of his previous designs. The perfect setting for these stones!
20211231_124111.jpg

I love your stones and this ring! Silver french cut spinels, OMG. I love the milgrain detail and how light comes thru the stones. That is fabulous on your hand. I think he's genius.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
20211231_124111.jpg

Beautiful piece - I can’t wait to see the other one you’re doing too!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20211231_124111.jpg

Love the ring design and those gorgeous spinels!

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I just sent my sapphire to him to set into a custom pendant. Here's hoping.

@Dandi did your earrings get to you yet?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just sent my sapphire to him to set into a custom pendant. Here's hoping.

@Dandi did your earrings get to you yet?

Nope. I've emailed, messaged on Etsy, and reported on Etsy, no response to anything. He did send me a couple of pictures a month or so back, but nothing since then. I really don't want to, but I'm wondering if now I should open a Paypal dispute.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
Nope. I've emailed, messaged on Etsy, and reported on Etsy, no response to anything. He did send me a couple of pictures a month or so back, but nothing since then. I really don't want to, but I'm wondering if now I should open a Paypal dispute.

Ugh that really sucks. I definitely would, even just to get an answer.

As icky as it feels, it may be time to open a Paypal dispute. I think Paypal gives, 60 days? 90 days? to open a dispute after a transaction. I know as part of Paypal's process, they will try to contact the other party to get their side of the story. So at the very least, you'd have another party reaching out to him on your behalf...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As icky as it feels, it may be time to open a Paypal dispute. I think Paypal gives, 60 days? 90 days? to open a dispute after a transaction. I know as part of Paypal's process, they will try to contact the other party to get their side of the story. So at the very least, you'd have another party reaching out to him on your behalf...

You're right, it's becoming increasingly apparent that I'm getting nowhere.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You're right, it's becoming increasingly apparent that I'm getting nowhere.

I just cant understand it. Every time I see another poster post “I just got my x back” I automatically think of you!! It must feel so bittersweet (delicious pretties to ogle) but at the same time, like getting stabbed every time you see posts like that too :cry2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yup. This is what I would do

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I just insured the stone even though it was just $600 in case this becomes a nightmare. I'm in no rush, but what Dandi is going through is ridiculous. Wish I saw this thread before sending the stone off. Hindsight, eh?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I opened a Paypal dispute, and not surprisingly Dan replied straight away. He sited Covid as a reason for the delay, which I understand, but he simply NEEDED TO COMMUNICATE THAT WITH ME. I get that Covid is bad there...but let's face it, it's bad everywhere. Here in Aus, we're in the midst of our worst every outbreak. The operating suite I work in had just cancelled all elective surgery, which for a large private hospital, is really bad news. I have Covid patients to look after and operate on, I don't need to be dictated to, the effects that Covid has, I know full well, first hand. I just want communication! He also claimed he had already replied to my Etsy message, which he hadn't. He then asked me if I want them shipped, to which I'm utterly baffled. I feel his personal situation can't be that dire, if others are receiving their finished pieces. I can empathise with him, but seeing the amount of other work he is getting done..my sympathy is waning.

Obscura

Shiny_Rock
I feel the same...I felt sick putting in the dispute, but like you said, he is clearly still operational, and I have been more than patient for over 6 months.

Wow... "Do you want them shipped?" No, I want them to hang out in your shop after I paid for them and not enjoy wearing them! *eye roll* Yeesh!

Don't beat yourself up over the dispute, you've been more than patient and enough was enough. You deserved a response before now and you deserved to have your jewelry that you paid for before now.

I am glad you got a response though, and hopefully with it it lights a fire under his tush to get them out to you. <3

So I opened a Paypal dispute, and not surprisingly Dan replied straight away. He sited Covid as a reason for the delay, which I understand, but he simply NEEDED TO COMMUNICATE THAT WITH ME. I get that Covid is bad there...but let's face it, it's bad everywhere. Here in Aus, we're in the midst of our worst every outbreak. The operating suite I work in had just cancelled all elective surgery, which for a large private hospital, is really bad news. I have Covid patients to look after and operate on, I don't need to be dictated to, the effects that Covid has, I know full well, first hand. I just want communication! He also claimed he had already replied to my Etsy message, which he hadn't. He then asked me if I want them shipped, to which I'm utterly baffled. I feel his personal situation can't be that dire, if others are receiving their finished pieces. I can empathise with him, but seeing the amount of other work he is getting done..my sympathy is waning.

Kudos for filing the dispute. It's totally ok to call out someone's unacceptable behavior and yet be genuinely sympathetic to their situation. You are not the bad guy here.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last month I messaged him on IG and sent an email. I heard back from him on etsy that he's wrapping things up. :lol-2: It's been almost a year and I'm still waiting. :confused:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last month I messaged him on IG and sent an email. I heard back from him on etsy that he's wrapping things up. :lol-2: It's been almost a year and I'm still waiting. :confused:
a year?!? Seriously? Can you open a dispute?

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock

What is the project? (Sorry if you said earlier, I missed it). I am just curious what sort of work is taking a year to finish.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results