shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Antique Cuts - Part 2

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I commisioned this ring in 2001..., not bad for modern...
31.gif

The center is "Old"....

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Surfgirl,
I first noticed your ring when I began "lurking" about a month ago and I completely adore it! I guess I''m technically an LIW and I know I want an antique ring.
Would you mind sharing more information about yours-- where you purchased, etc? Or point me in the direction of an earlier thread about it, if there is one.
Thanks so much!

stacy

Shiny_Rock

I just put this ring in layaway with Fay Cullen. I LOVE it! It''s an oval shaped OMC in a fancy yellow brown color, .61 carats. The side stones are small -- about .08 carats. The ring has sweet engraving inside and is platinum, and it''s already my size!

It''s going to be my secondary e-ring. My primary one is a 3 carat yellow sapphire that is STUNNING, but sometimes I want something a little smaller! Plus, I LOVE estate pieces with history.

This lil'' baby will be paid off on Nov. 16.

19.gif

stacyfbrown1.jpg

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Another pic... The diamond looks a little lighter in this one. I actually love the inclusion in the middle. I like a little dirt in my stones (haha!!). Actually, I only like inclusions in colored stones...

stacyfbrown2.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Stacy, what an unusual stone. I''ve never heard of a colored, oval, OMC...Please post pics when you get it, I''m sure we''d all love to see it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/27/2007 1:45:54 PM
Author: DiaGem
I commisioned this ring in 2001..., not bad for modern...
31.gif

The center is ''Old''....
Fabulous ring, DG!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 4:09:37 PM
Author: dearheart
Surfgirl,
I first noticed your ring when I began ''lurking'' about a month ago and I completely adore it! I guess I''m technically an LIW and I know I want an antique ring.
Would you mind sharing more information about yours-- where you purchased, etc? Or point me in the direction of an earlier thread about it, if there is one.
Thanks so much!
dearheart, I think Surfgirl''s beautiful ring has inspired many antique-lovers here
1.gif

Here are some links to her ring:
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/at-last-my-antique-ering-t61580.html
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/opinions-needed-on-antique-ering-t60438.html

Hope this helps!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 6:57:44 PM
Author: stacy

I just put this ring in layaway with Fay Cullen. I LOVE it! It''s an oval shaped OMC in a fancy yellow brown color, .61 carats. The side stones are small -- about .08 carats. The ring has sweet engraving inside and is platinum, and it''s already my size!

It''s going to be my secondary e-ring. My primary one is a 3 carat yellow sapphire that is STUNNING, but sometimes I want something a little smaller! Plus, I LOVE estate pieces with history.

19.gif

Very nice
2.gif
I bet you can''t wait! Can we see pics of that huge yellow sapphire in the meantime?
31.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

19.gif

Does Fay Cullen market this ring as possessing a "oval shaped OMC"???

dearheart

Rough_Rock
Wolftress,

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction! I loved reading the story!

dearheart

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 11:13:40 AM
Author: ericad
And the setting I''m considering for it
Yum! Can''t wait to see the hand shots when that baby is done!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 8:10:47 PM
Author: surfgirl
My ering: 2.5 ct center stone Transitional Cut.
One of my alltime PS favorites. Antique/vintage doesn''t get much better than this!
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2007 10:08:39 AM
Author: vintagebling
I''m a little late, but here is my e-ring:

Here is her thread
I''ve said it before, and it bears repeating -- your ring is truly beautiful. Love the rubies, the yellow gold, the vintage-look setting, everthing! I love that it is fairly unique given its color/gems; and that makes it a show-stopper in my book!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Vix - that is a gorgeous diamond! The fire in that puppy is fantastic!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2007 8:31:20 PM
Author: wolftress

Date: 9/27/2007 4:09:37 PM
Author: dearheart
Surfgirl,
I first noticed your ring when I began 'lurking' about a month ago and I completely adore it! I guess I'm technically an LIW and I know I want an antique ring.
Thanks so much!
dearheart, I think Surfgirl's beautiful ring has inspired many antique-lovers here
1.gif

Here are some links to her ring:
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/at-last-my-antique-ering-t61580.html
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/opinions-needed-on-antique-ering-t60438.html

Hope this helps!

Wolftress, thanks for posting those links...I've been out of country and for some reason I couldn't log on to respond to dearheart. Thanks dearheart and hollys for your kind words! I've been away on a long business trip for the last 5 weeks and I MISS MY PRECIOUS desperately! I keep looking at it here and cant wait to get home in a few days and put on my rings...

31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

19.gif

Love that brown diamond! I''m a sucker for beautiful colored stones. And that one is very, very pretty.

I recently got a 0.50 ct greenish yellow diamond ring to wear those times when the 1.5 ct one was just too big. I have had a great time wearing it, and I think you will love that new ring. Please come back with lots more photos once you have it.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
hi
35.gif

I miss you guys-- I really wanted to add my ring to this thread. I LOVE
30.gif
Antique cuts. I finally found a wedding band!-- I don''t have pics to post yet-- but it''s a 2cttw OEC Plat antique eternity band--its soooooooo nice! I hope i get to share pics again.
here is my e-ring: Engaged 12/23/06---wedding 09/20/08!
OEC {.50 F SI1--- super clean} center in a Saturn Plat setting.

original thread blinkydoll''s OEC

Surfgirl----I drool over your pics at least once a month---I love your wedding band also--I''m so glad you went antique with it
1.gif
Congrats on your wedding!

blinkyOECeringS01.JPG

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

oECBLINKYcloser.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
side view of my OMC --- I am getting antique cuts to make a necklace to go with my gown
31.gif

.29 SI2--- super clean J --- a little sparkle bomb--very white also
3.97x3.34x2.88

D3OEC05.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
a front view

D3OEC04.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
front

D3OEC01c.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
4.gif

D3OEC03.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Here he is with 2.04 cttw Of antique single cut diamonds that I will also be using in the necklace
4.gif

D3OEC09c.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
friends
1.gif

D3OECf11.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
last one
4.gif

D3OEC16c.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
.40 OEC center, the other diamond from my great great grandmother

Had this made into a necklace
1.gif

blinky353small.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2007 8:04:32 PM
Author: blinkydoll
last one
4.gif
blinky, I LOVE this shot!! That necklace is going to be amazing....are those truly old stones, or just new ones cut like old?

Thanks so much for sharing your lovlies!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
2007-05-31%20006.jpg

I thought I would add this for fun
27.gif
It belongs to my FIL, plus I would love to see more antiques added. hehee

ETA: Blinky, that is beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results