shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Antique Cuts - Part 2

glueck

Shiny_Rock
In light of these difficulties, I decided to just post a link to my SMTR thread. I think I have JUST the excuse I need to take new ring pics! It doesnt take much, does it!! In the meantime....

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-oec-in-plainum-c-1910s.81559/

Cheers to all!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty everyone!

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here''s mine. 1.96ct late OEC/Transitional cut, I/J, SI2. Set in a plat setting by Single Stone.

OEC_Halo_handshot.JPG

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Heartingdiamonds and Glueck!!!
36.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Aw, thanks Skippy! I actually was motivated to post after havingdrooled over your brooch again (and again...and again...).

And my earrings, 3.81ctw Old Mine Cuts, H/I color, VS/SI clarity. Set in plat buttercup settings by Single Stone (I have posted photos of both pieces previously, but though I''d add them here).

OMC_EarringsB.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Vix and Glueck
30.gif
Beautiful rings!

Hearting diamonds! Your ring is so stunning! As are your earrings! 3.81 total?
30.gif

I love old mine cuts
36.gif

Oh, and Ellen! I'm in love with your beauty!
30.gif

And Chrono's is just divine!

Every piece on this thread is incredible!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2008 10:44:02 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Aw, thanks Skippy! I actually was motivated to post after havingdrooled over your brooch again (and again...and again...).

And my earrings, 3.81ctw Old Mine Cuts, H/I color, VS/SI clarity. Set in plat buttercup settings by Single Stone (I have posted photos of both pieces previously, but though I''d add them here).
Thank you so much!!!
face23.gif
I have a soft spot for antique cuts ever since my dad wore a 1 carat old cut stone he inherited from his father. I love your ring and gorgeous studs!!!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
Gluek, ours are very similar. This is my wedding ring from my late husband. I''m saving it for my daughter now. We purchased it from an Antique shop. Not an Antique Jewelry shop mind you. We never had it appraised (young and silly). From what the man told us, it is an OEC, .98ct. That is all I know. I love the filigree on this sucker. I hope you don''t mind me sharing a more than a couple.

I am a photographer, so you would think I could get some better photos right? I don''t have a macro lens except for one on a lens called a "lensbaby" It sort of blurs out a lot. Sorry.

~T

trishsteek.jpg

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
thanks for letting me share!

While I am on the subject. My fiance has his grandfathers wedding band. It is platinum with a diamond. It has some really pretty etching that is almost smoothed over. Does anyone know anyone in the LA area who could gently restore the etching before it completely disappears?

Thanks!

trishteek4.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Pedro, your first ering is lovely! It''s such a beautiful design. Can I encourage you to get it appraised when you get your new ering appraised? You really should know what it is and it''s replacement value (plus, now I want to know!). Usually adding another piece to an appraisal is cheaper than doing them separately...It''s really nice that you''re keeping it for your daughter, I''m sure she''ll love wearing it someday.

As for your FI''s family ring, you should make an appointment to see Ari at Single Stone in downtown LA. He''s got guys that do antique style engraving and I''m sure they can fix your ring. He does excellent work!

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
You''re right. I should. My fI is taking my ring in for the apprasal and I feel a little wierd about asking him to get my old one done too. But I will get it done. I spoke about it with a mainstream mall jeweler once and he sort of "poo poo''d" the diamond. He implied that because of the age of the diamond and the inclusion it wasn''t worth beans. He said I should take it to an antiques appraiser and that maybe it would be worth more in that arena. I just never followed up. I liked my ring regardless. I know it wasn''t terribly expensive. I think he paid between $500 and $800 for it.

This one I know has a wicked little inclusion that I don''t care for. But I liked that it was the original diamond in teh original setting. Single Stone has a location in San Marino too. That is right down the street from me! Small world!

Thanks!
~T

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Vote4PedroToo, your oec is beautiful! I love the setting.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 9:00:18 PM
Author: Vote4PedroToo
detail

Vote4PedroToo--- Love this pic! Lensbaby YAY! I am also a photographer...hmmm..maybe I should start playing with my lensbaby more with jewelry pics?
2.gif

Your stone is Sooo pretty! and such a deal for a .98 OEC! don''t let any maul guy tell you its worthless.--- It''s worth more than you think. well not only money--- but.. a family heirloom to your daughter now
1.gif

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
blinky, it''s a pain in the arse! But it''s a fun lens for other things. Nice to meet another photographer!!! Love your ring by the way...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vote, thank you for posting your ring, it's really beautiful! "Domed" settings are one of my top faves.

Coati, thank you!

Love all these pieces!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vote4 - both of your rings are very pretty. I love that they are two totally different styles. I'm drawn to the antique look but also the very sleek modern look. It's great that you have one of each!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 9:02:15 PM
Author: Vote4PedroToo
thanks for letting me share!

While I am on the subject. My fiance has his grandfathers wedding band. It is platinum with a diamond. It has some really pretty etching that is almost smoothed over. Does anyone know anyone in the LA area who could gently restore the etching before it completely disappears?

Thanks!
Wowzers, what a beauty!!! LOVE IT!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for this thread, thanks PS mods
35.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Beulah, she's a garnet with a rose-cut diamond halo :)
Sigh...now if only I could wear this ring. It's a sz 7, and I haven't found a jeweler who can resize it
7.gif
They think it's too delicate to try to bring it down to a 5.5 without risking the diamonds coming loose. I may just put sizing balls in.
betterlightingring.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to Ellen, Ali and Andrey for reviving this thread.
36.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my .48 OMC!
5.gif

sunnydring12.jpg

sunnyomc11.jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 2:41:02 PM
Author: sunnyd
Here''s my .48 OMC!
5.gif

sunnydring12.jpg

30.gif
30.gif
WOW!!! beautiful!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/1/2009 2:41:02 PM
Author: sunnyd
Here''s my .48 OMC!
5.gif

I somehow didn''t make the connection that this was your ring. I know you had the loose stone as your avatar for a while. It looks great in it''s home!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Thanks blinky and addy!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/30/2009 1:41:07 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
This is Beulah, she''s a garnet with a rose-cut diamond halo :)
Sigh...now if only I could wear this ring. It''s a sz 7, and I haven''t found a jeweler who can resize it
7.gif
They think it''s too delicate to try to bring it down to a 5.5 without risking the diamonds coming loose. I may just put sizing balls in.
betterlightingring.jpg
beautiful
30.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
I must first commend on all the beautiful Antique cuts I have been seeing on PS. I don''t even know it existed till I chanced upon PS. I wanted one as my ER but my then BF is a traditional man and wants a RB. Since he is the paymaster, I relented. I love my ER but is glad to have an Antique cut to call my own.

I''ve posted in SMTR thread and here''s my very FIRST OEC/Transitional diamond set with 2 single cuts as pendant. Main stone is from Adam (OWD) and according to him, it''s an OEC, 0.45 ct, G/H color, VS clarity. According to my jeweler (Geoffrey''s diamonds) who set the pendant for me, it''s transitional cut, 0.44 ct, I color and a pretty good VS clarity. He thinks that it''s a well cut stone, which is nice. Regardless the carat or color, it''s a beauty to me.
30.gif
30.gif
Both are excellent vendors that I would do business with again.

Thanks for looking!

Misc 006_PS_1a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2009 9:28:29 PM
Author: GoodSoul
I must first commend on all the beautiful Antique cuts I have been seeing on PS. I don''t even know it existed till I chanced upon PS. I wanted one as my ER but my then BF is a traditional man and wants a RB. Since he is the paymaster, I relented. I love my ER but is glad to have an Antique cut to call my own.

I''ve posted in SMTR thread and here''s my very FIRST OEC/Transitional diamond set with 2 single cuts as pendant. Main stone is from Adam (OWD) and according to him, it''s an OEC, 0.45 ct, G/H color, VS clarity. According to my jeweler (Geoffrey''s diamonds) who set the pendant for me, it''s transitional cut, 0.44 ct, I color and a pretty good VS clarity. He thinks that it''s a well cut stone, which is nice. Regardless the carat or color, it''s a beauty to me.
30.gif
30.gif
Both are excellent vendors that I would do business with again.

Thanks for looking!
Swoon, love it
30.gif
30.gif

Adah

Shiny_Rock
This thread has made me fall in love with antique cuts all over again!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results