Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

My Inherited Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

I've Been a lurker on here for many months now, I thought it was time to post

I love this site
---its sooo addicting!!
This is my first Bling---- my mom gave me 2 diamond rings that were used to belong to my grandmother..and before her... my great grandmother.
The smaller of the 2 diamonds--- I believe it is a .50CT OMC? (still getting used to the codes ) I had custom made into a neclace at Barmakians they added .13CT of diamonds around the bigger stone. Overall i am happy with the piece......But i wish they had shown me a few diff options or something.... they didn't show me anything---i went around and described what i wanted it to look like comparing it to other pieces that they had.

But i still love it

The second diamond my mother gave me is a .75CT OMC or OEC? THAT one will be in my engagement ring!!!! ..which should be coming this month!!!! (with the proposal..of course
. I picked out a setting LAST YEAR... and have been waiting every since
hehe.....well the times almost here---so there will definitaly be more pics of that coming sooon! THE SETTING IS SOOOOOO nice-- like nothing i have seen--i told him--i would take it with nothing in the middle, i don't care--its THAT Pretty---and We have researched and loooked and looked online and in stores forever--drove the BF crazy
hehe but he had fun too---phew! there was so much stuff to learn. I only found This site about 5 months ago!! But i have been hooked ever since!
ANYWAY!!!\
without further adoooooo
here are a few pics of my Custom Neclace

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
oooh- I love your necklace- and I should! I am having a 1ct OEC set in a very similar necklace for my Christmas gift! I am going to have a bale coming off the top though w/ stones in the bale as well. I think that setting compliments the antique stone fabulously and halos always make stone look so much bigger! Which is great w/ OECs since many are so deep!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Welcome, blinkydoll!

I LOVE your necklace....particularly the sort of ''scallopped'' bezel. A great way to showcase a smaller stone... Very nice!

widget

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is fantastic! I love it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! I just adore that scalloped bezel setting of the center stone!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I love these old cuts! Can''t wait to see your ering setting!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, love the antique stones and the delicate halo. Please come back with pics of the ring as well!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom to post that lovely and special pendant! My jeweler is working on a somewhat similar pendant design for the diamond out of my old wedding ring. Look forward to seeing your ring too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it is beautiful! Any chance of a neck shot?

lili

Ideal_Rock
blinkydoll,

that''s a lovely necklace. i just love seeing these older pieces.
i love what you did with it. the final product is beautiful.
please attach some neck shots when you get a chance

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Lovely pendant. The second pic looks so awesome. Very stylistic.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome Blinkydoll! Beautiful necklace - reminds me of a flower. Can''t wait to see your new ring!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!
Thanks for your nice compliments! :)
i will try to get some neck shots up here soon. I may have made a mistake-- i think the center stone is .50 Ct. i will take a pic near a penny or something so as to tell a better size comparison?

P.S
I think this SAT is the BIG DAY!!!!!!!!

Trynig real hard not to think about it-- bec I KNOW THE RING IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!---BUT i have NOT looked at it bec i realllllly want i to be a surprise!!!!!!!

It is soooo hard not to think about it!!!!!!!!
any tips on how to pass the time?!!! LOL
p.s the BF and I have been together for 10 years this Jan.!!!! 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotts run for now
I won''t look at the ring ----> I Promise

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock

HERE IT IS!!! HE proposed to me last night at the Nutcracker balet in Boston!!!!! AT INtermission!!!!!
here are a couple pics for now--- I WILL BE POSTING MOREEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

goodcloser5.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So glad you posted the ring for us! What an exquisite and unique design!!! That is a real treasure. Congratulations!!!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Bad hand shot
I took a whole bunch--- but have no time to post more today--- CHRISTMAS EVE!! still have to WRAP!! AHHHHH can''t stop staring at it though!!!!!

good2.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Blinkydoll. It is such a purdy ring. Such original design. Congrats.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blinkydoll, what a beautiful necklace you had made, and that ring is TO DIE FOR!!! Congratulations, and yes please, MORE pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.