shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW PS Red Carpet Debut: "Nancy"

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nancy is stunning and she radiates elegance. I love!!!

P

PierreBear

Love the story behind Nancy! Hope this baby continues to get passed down within the family for years to come. Wonderful!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks awesome! I'm glad someone snatched this up because it was so tempting lol

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She turned out really pretty Matthews! I'm so glad she is now able to be worn and to get some love!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone itself is lovely the setting change is probably polarising to a few of us, I'm also in the camp I liked it in the solitaire better, but I understand we all have different taste.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congratulations. Wear it in health.

cheers--Sharon

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great in its new setting, and beautiful on your hand. The baguettes and single cuts highlight the center stone. The old setting is in good shape, but I totally get not being a yellow gold person!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the story behind Nancy! Hope this baby continues to get passed down within the family for years to come. Wonderful!

So do I, PierreBear!!! It will mean so much to me for this ring to make its way down the line, generation to generation!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it looks awesome! I'm glad someone snatched this up because it was so tempting lol

@KKJohnson, I know you posted in Bostonberry's original thread about really having an interest in this semi mount! I do hope the setting you recently purchased for your stone brings you joy! If it's temporary, I'll keep my eye out for something you may like for your diamond!! Just say the word & I'll be happy to help!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She turned out really pretty Matthews! I'm so glad she is now able to be worn and to get some love!

Thank you, tyty333!!! It was so depressing looking at that ring, every single day, knowing I wasn't going to wear it. She kept looking at me, screaming, "DO SOMETHING WITH ME, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" lol!! I couldn't bear it, anymore! When I saw this semi mount, I KNEW it was meant for this diamond! I am in love, and I am so happy to be able to look at her every day on my hand, now!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone itself is lovely the setting change is probably polarising to a few of us, I'm also in the camp I liked it in the solitaire better, but I understand we all have different taste.

I totally understand; I know how much so many have a deep love for plain, solid solitaires. I expected some to gasp in absolute horror, when I posted this thread, and saw the drastic change I had made to this simple ring. I respect the feedback, and I made sure the original setting was handled with care, as I may decide to reuse it, or use it for a different stone, down the line. Time will tell. I may even dip it, or use it as inspiration for a platinum mold of identical quality, and aesthetics for another project. The sky's the limit, when it comes to jewelry! I have an identical ring (on a smaller scale) that belonged to my Great-Grandmother; literally a smaller, mirror image of this one (prior to the change). I will keep it as is...forever. She is promised to my daughter. I love having different styles, and options to play with; life is all about diversity! I still have the other YG soli to play with, anytime I choose!! ;-)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great in its new setting, and beautiful on your hand. The baguettes and single cuts highlight the center stone. The old setting is in good shape, but I totally get not being a yellow gold person!

Thank you! I love the geometric angles & shapes of this ring! It takes me back to a time in the '20's & '30's, when combining different shapes and geometric symbols was popular. I adore that time, and if I could ever repeat an era, the Art Deco Era would be it!!! :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I promised more photos!! I was able to capture these, today, during my commute on the subway to work, at work, and on my walk home from work.
I love how this ring responds to different light environments!

On the Subway:

IMG_8394.JPG IMG_8395.JPG

Overcast, this morning:

IMG_8397.JPG IMG_8398.JPG IMG_8399.JPG IMG_8400.JPG

My walk home:

IMG_8404.JPG IMG_8407.JPG IMG_8408.JPG IMG_8410.JPG

I just love how I can finally see the beautiful characteristics of this stone, and enjoy the beautiful flash of the baguettes, in conjunction with the Fire & scintillation that glows in rainbow pastels all over the OEC!! It's just amazing! (<3)

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous OEC! I love her in her new home! Those baguettes :love:Beautiful ring @Matthews1127!

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I promised more photos!! I was able to capture these, today, during my commute on the subway to work, at work, and on my walk home from work.
I love how this ring responds to different light environments!

On the Subway:

IMG_8394.JPG IMG_8395.JPG

Overcast, this morning:

IMG_8397.JPG IMG_8398.JPG IMG_8399.JPG IMG_8400.JPG

My walk home:

IMG_8404.JPG IMG_8407.JPG IMG_8408.JPG IMG_8410.JPG

I just love how I can finally see the beautiful characteristics of this stone, and enjoy the beautiful flash of the baguettes, in conjunction with the Fire & scintillation that glows in rainbow pastels all over the OEC!! It's just amazing! (<3)

Stunning! It looks perfect

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
perfection, pure perfection!!!! wear it in great health congratulations!!!!:love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matthews, it looks absolutely amazing! I personally prefer the reset, I love the extra bling and that pretty diamond just seems to come alive in that setting! Great hand presence too :appl: Fantastic find, you have a great eye! This setting is more in line with the style of your other pieces, and complements them so well. Job well done lol!!! :love:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 I love how this ring turned out and so lovely to be able to wear a diamond that have been cherished for generations in your family! I love its past and how you are already thinking about its future and giving it to your boy in the future:)

Enjoy Nancy and may she remind you each day about the special women in your family :)

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Wear it in good health

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17, @SimoneDi, and @doberman:
Thank you so much for your kind sentiments!! I catch myself admiring BOTH hands, now, and it feels so good to wake up each morning to opening my safe to select 3 pieces, instead of 2!! I hated leaving this other diamond (as well as others) in there, in the dark. This diamond really wanted out...lol!! I am really enjoying her, and she has become a topic of conversation around my office. ;)2
She does compliment my existing collection, and she just really goes with my taste & personality. I am over the moon excited to have her!!!
I will continue to take photos & share!!! Thank you all for following my journey in expanding my collection!!! There will be more to come, in the future!! :lol-2:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love the latest shots of Nancy! The new setting seems to fit right in with your other pieces. How wonderful when a project comes together so nicely :)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the latest shots of Nancy! The new setting seems to fit right in with your other pieces. How wonderful when a project comes together so nicely :)

Yes!!! It was so much fun & turned out even better than I imagined!! Thank you so much!!! :mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally understand; I know how much so many have a deep love for plain, solid solitaires. I expected some to gasp in absolute horror, when I posted this thread, and saw the drastic change I had made to this simple ring. I respect the feedback, and I made sure the original setting was handled with care, as I may decide to reuse it, or use it for a different stone, down the line. Time will tell. I may even dip it, or use it as inspiration for a platinum mold of identical quality, and aesthetics for another project. The sky's the limit, when it comes to jewelry! I have an identical ring (on a smaller scale) that belonged to my Great-Grandmother; literally a smaller, mirror image of this one (prior to the change). I will keep it as is...forever. She is promised to my daughter. I love having different styles, and options to play with; life is all about diversity! I still have the other YG soli to play with, anytime I choose!! ;-)

Ahhh well in that case because you have another ring like the original I totally understand the need for something different, the new ring looks great on you!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh well in that case because you have another ring like the original I totally understand the need for something different, the new ring looks great on you!!!

Thank you!!! :mrgreen2: I am really enjoying her!!! ;)2

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the story behind the stone and the setting and it looks beautiful in her new home :roll2:.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results