clarity

Pricescope's new look

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone explain the changes (if any) to people on your "ignore' list? Someone said that they are more hidden now--just trying to figure out how it's different. Thanks!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone explain the changes (if any) to people on your "ignore' list? Someone said that they are more hidden now--just trying to figure out how it's different. Thanks!
There is nothing there at all now lovedogs. It skips them altogether. Before you could see there is a post by a person you are ignoring but now there is nothing. But I imagine you would see if someone else quotes them.

Basically it is like they don't exist!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

If you ignore anyone there post or threads will not show up anywhere on your screen when you are logged in. However, you will see a small link at the bottom of the page "Shoe ignored content". When you click it it will show you all ignored content again and you can unignore afterwards.

ignored-content.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would, but you probably won't see it since you have me on iggy. :( ;-)

It used to be that if someone was on ignore, their post was visible but condensed, where you could see that they posted, but not what they posted, unless you clicked that particular post/item to make it visible, or removed them from your iggy list. It seems, now, those notations showing they posted don't show up at all anymore. I don't know for sure though because I have no one on ignore.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you ignore anyone there post or threads will not show up anywhere on your screen when you are logged in. However, you will see a small link at the bottom of the page "Shoe ignored content". When you click it it will show you all ignored content again and you can unignore afterwards.

ignored-content.png
ooh, I like that!!!

Thanks for explaining Jen +Redwood + Admin! Great change (IMO because I'm weak and always end up being curious and showing content, which gets me angry all over again--which was the entire point of "ignoring" in the first place). But now my weakness can't get the best of me. Hooray!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would, but you probably won't see it since you have me on iggy. :( ;-)

It used to be that if someone was on ignore, their post was visible but condensed, where you could see that they posted, but not what they posted, unless you clicked that particular post/item to make it visible, or removed them from your iggy list. It seems, now, those notations showing they posted don't show up at all anymore. I don't know for sure though because I have no one on ignore.
I see you Jen!!!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. And I usually don't like technology changes. Well done PS.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, over on RT missy wrote, ... "I was wondering if there was a way to turn off likes and trophy points as well. It is one feature I don't think will add anything to the forum and makes it feel like a popularity contest. ... "
No worry Kenny...we don't like you!..:razz:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the lists of follow, ignore, watch and other settings may not have been moved over perfectly.

Andre, no problem.
I'm not ungrateful for what you do for us.
I'm very grateful for PS!!!!!

Hugs to you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not bad at all, only took me 10 min to block all the annoying "elements" on various pages so I will never see them again. Typical site needs twice as many filters to make them to my liking.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
not bad at all, only took me 10 min to block all the annoying "elements" on various pages so I will never see them again. Typical site needs twice as many filters to make them to my liking.
nope spoke 2 soon, the scrolling back to the top overlay is hard to kill.
Still seeing political threads.....

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be missing something obvious here, but anyone else know how to get back to the "hangout" page from mobile while viewing a thread? When I'm on my phone and have a thread (like this one) open, there isn't a button to get back to "hangout". I either have to press the back button (which makes stuff not update), or navigate back to the general "forum" page and then find it. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be missing something obvious here, but anyone else know how to get back to the "hangout" page from mobile while viewing a thread? When I'm on my phone and have a thread (like this one) open, there isn't a button to get back to "hangout". I either have to press the back button (which makes stuff not update), or navigate back to the general "forum" page and then find it. Is there an easy way to do this that I'm not seeing? Thanks!

Good catch, lovedogs. I don't know what "mobile" is, but when I am on the page of one thread in Hangout I cannot get to another Hangout thread without going to the forum column and hitting "Hangout" again. In the old format, once you were in Hangout you stayed in Hangout. It was much simpler.

Deb

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good catch, lovedogs. I don't know what "mobile" is, but when I am on the page of one thread in Hangout I cannot get to another Hangout thread without going to the forum column and hitting "Hangout" again. In the old format, once you were in Hangout you stayed in Hangout. It was much simpler.

Deb
Whoops, I meant from my phone. Someone else pointed out that when on a computer, there's a button that's kind of hidden from view that says "hangout" at the top (it's partially covered by the "forum" button). It doesn't look like a link, but if you click on it you get back to the "hangout" homepage. So from my computer I can do it, but no such link exists on my phone. I put a red square on the button I use from my comp to get back to hangouts.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.09.49 AM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone else pointed out that when on a computer, there's a button that's kind of hidden from view that says "hangout" at the top (it's partially covered by the "forum" button). It doesn't look like a link, but if you click on it you get back to the "hangout" homepage. So from my computer I can do it, but no such link exists on my phone. .

That does not work on my computer. Clicking on it does not take me anywhere.

I have to go to Forum; bring down the menu; then choose Diamond Hangout to get back to Hangout. It's a pain.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does not work on my computer. Clicking on it does not take me anywhere.
Weird! Definitely something to look at, since having to go through extra steps is a pain!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is what Andrey told me. It works on my computer and iPad. I don't know if it will work on other mobile devices.

Oops, my link didn't work. It is shown in thread started by Andrey - top of page.

redux.491048

Last edited by a moderator:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
My ignore list has not survived the migration. I guess manually refreshing it will be the best way to go. My avatar seems to be both cropped and enlarged. Have the pixel dimensions for those been increased? I noticed that TL's hypercube avatar has stopped.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops, I meant from my phone. Someone else pointed out that when on a computer, there's a button that's kind of hidden from view that says "hangout" at the top (it's partially covered by the "forum" button). It doesn't look like a link, but if you click on it you get back to the "hangout" homepage. So from my computer I can do it, but no such link exists on my phone. I put a red square on the button I use from my comp to get back to hangouts.

That doesn't work for me. But, once you are in a thread there is an active link you can use to get back to the main hangout page. It appears under the title of the thread -- the click the underlined and quoted "hangout" and it gets you back to main page.
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.47.55 AM.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My ignore list has not survived the migration. I guess manually refreshing it will be the best way to go. My avatar seems to be both cropped and enlarged. Have the pixel dimensions for those been increased? I noticed that TL's hypercube avatar has stopped.

Hi VapidLapid,

Sorry about the ignore list and watched thread. We did try to move them, but it didn't work out.
We did increase the images sizes and made all uploads easier to do.

I have updated the first post in the link below with tips on issues and possible workarounds.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Hi Lovedogs,

Check out section 3 breadcrumbs here for the workaround.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Deb

Hi Deb,

We are working on a mobile solution and hope to have it for everyone tomorrow.

Andrey

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results