Pricescope's new look

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Let me know if there are particular ones you would like to see.

There are currently 65 emoticons. current-emoticons.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me know if there are particular ones you would like to see.

There are currently 65 emoticons.
I guess the middle finger one is out of the question? :D

How about the one that looks like chocolate ice cream with eyes?

I am just kidding. Unless you want to.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I guess the middle finger one is out of the question? :D

How about the one that looks like chocolate ice cream with eyes?

I am just kidding. Unless you want to.

Please post it here.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use JAWS so for me the new forum has lots of issues. I guess its maybe just me but did the base font shrink?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like I have to reload my avatar too. It feels like I need glasses since everything is blurry. LOL. Breadcrumbs at the bottom is good too, so I don't need an extra click to get to the top. Is there a quick "down" arrow too?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one you think that will be appropriate. :)
Ok. I won't post either. Just joshing with you. Thanks for putting up with me Andrey.

Though sometimes I feel both of those are appropriate.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I use JAWS so for me the new forum has lots of issues. I guess its maybe just me but did the base font shrink?

Is that the JAWS Screen reader?

What is exactly the issue?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, Redwood, didn't realize that's you. Gosh, just about everyone has changed their avatars and now I cannot tell who is who again unless I read the names.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Looks like I have to reload my avatar too. It feels like I need glasses since everything is blurry. LOL. Breadcrumbs at the bottom is good too, so I don't need an extra click to get to the top. Is there a quick "down" arrow too?

first-unread.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
If anyone needs help to update the Avatars, let me know.

Just post an image I will be happy to help.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The new platform will allow you to add any image and will shrink it appropriately. So do not feel like you need to do any manipulation to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, we have Like buttons now!

Yes, Andre. Would love assistance with Avatars. Are there updated requirements and instructions somewhere? Just saw your post. I will attempt it now.

ETA
Works like a charm!

How many minutes do we get to edit our post before it becomes "locked"? Has that changed?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Your avatar looks great!

Everyone has 45 minutes to edit or delete their post.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I did notice that when you quote it no longer gives the full list of repeated quotes. So to follow along you must scroll or back page to see the quoted conversations. I am not sure how I feel about that since we often carry on a conversation with the quote functions. In other words only the last quote moves forward.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I just enabled multi quote system. So you should see a + Quote next to each post.

Click all you want to respond to and then reply. It should show all of them in the reply.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I did notice that when you quote it no longer gives the full list of repeated quotes. So to follow along you must scroll or back page to see the quoted conversations. I am not sure how I feel about that since we often carry on a conversation with the quote functions. In other words only the last quote moves forward.

I like it!

I just enabled multi quote system. So you should see a + Quote next to each post.

Click all you want to respond to and then reply. It should show all of them in the reply.

Took a minute to figure that out but it seems to work.

Maybe that will keep from having all the quotes that make it quite long. Thank you Andrey.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the little "to the top" arrow!!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Andrey can we have a quote button and a multi quote one please? Now you have to go through extra steps if you only want to quote one. Sorry for being a pita. Maybe people won't like the muti quote and I did not mean for you to change the whole thing for me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nevermind. I am a dork. Just use reply.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that the JAWS Screen reader?

What is exactly the issue?
Yes, JAWS is a screen reader. Basically I used to be able to read the forum in native format in firefox pretty well. At the moment its reading posts is a little odder than usual. (if it helps I'm running JAW 18.) Chrome produces different but quite interesting results. I can sometimes switch to reader view in firefox with can sometimes help but but can't respond there.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an old fuddy duddy and don't like change lol. So it will take getting used to. I like the 'like', the multi quote, and what looks like an alert when someone replies to your post. I also had to add an avatar, because the big blue blob was just too big now lol.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Yes, JAWS is a screen reader. Basically I used to be able to read the forum in native format in firefox pretty well. At the moment its reading posts is a little odder than usual. (if it helps I'm running JAW 18.) Chrome produces different but quite interesting results. I can sometimes switch to reader view in firefox with can sometimes help but but can't respond there.

Is it having trouble reading the screen or selection of text?

I am sorry bit I am still having trouble understanding what you mean?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it.

You?

Is there a way to turn off Alerts, Trophy Points, and Likes?

Some people like that stuff.
I find it annoying/distracting, in a you-kids-get-off-my-lawn kinda way.
The Like thing strikes me as a beauty-pageant, or an adolescent-popularity-contest.
It would be nice if I didn't have to see in every post how I have been judged or see how others have been judged.

I looked in the settings and didn't find anything.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The Like thing strikes me as a beauty-pageant, or an adolescent-popularity-contest.
It would be nice if I didn't have to see in every post how I have been judged or see how others have been judged.

Kenny I think you can adjust the alerts in the Alert Preferences location. Just unclick boxes. I can't find anywhere to remove the Likes Received or Trophy Points under the avatar.

Last edited:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Hi Kenny,

You can disable most things here regarding alerts:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/alert-preferences

alerts.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
The like does not have all those settings.

The purpose of the like feature is for people to let other know they appreciate the helpful posts or blingy image. I know sometimes people just want to say thanks for posting without creating a whole post just for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results