carat
color
clarity

Pricescope's new look

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I know I'm sort of new here, but I really do love the new design. And my poor Charlie didn't turn out too fuzzy in his goggles.

I've been a mod on a board before and we disabled the "Likes" pretty quickly for many of the reasons people here cited. But that was a board that skewed fairly young and frankly there were some fairly heated disagreements so there was a 100% chance that "Liking" was going to be an unmitigated disaster. But I participate on another board where the "Like" feature is post specific, not person specific, and it helps highlight the most helpful comments in a thread. I don't know what the long term plan is here, but maybe there is some compromise where likes for posts remain but the lifetime total of likes is removed from below the avatar.

That is a great point! I like this!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the post specific likes. I am on a forum with those, and generally they work better.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 'likes' for the reasons noted - to simply acknowledge the value or appreciation of someone's input or comment. I think this feature is also if not more useful outside of hangout, where valuable input is posted about diamonds and CS ... not just HO/politics/etc. If someone posts a new ring, CS, link to a helpful thread or article, we may just wish to acknowledge the post with a 'like' without writing a book about it ... as a courtesy sort of.

Last edited:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed my avatar. I don't know that I really like it since it was a hack photoshop job to add the white background but - it's what I have for now.

As to likes - I like likes for individual posts, but the running tally of likes under the username seems like too much and too popularity contesty. If you can still see whether a post has likes but not the overall likes of the user, maybe that makes it better?

I also like that if I navigate away from the page, my comment seems to get saved. Hopefully accidentally closing a window will no longer eat comments I worked hard on!

The other thing I don't like is that I have to expand all the quotes. I don't know if there is some way for them to automatically be expanded so I can see them? Because on old posts with the nested quotes, I can't actually see the post that is being directly replied to until I expand.

ALSO - how do I turn off the sidebar on the right? I had it turned off on the old site but looked through the options and couldn't find the one to turn it off.

Last edited:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Changed my avatar. I don't know that I really like it since it was a hack photoshop job to add the white background but - it's what I have for now.

As to likes - I like likes for individual posts, but the running tally of likes under the username seems like too much and too popularity contesty. If you can still see whether a post has likes but not the overall likes of the user, maybe that makes it better?

I also like that if I navigate away from the page, my comment seems to get saved. Hopefully accidentally closing a window will no longer eat comments I worked hard on!

The other thing I don't like is that I have to expand all the quotes. I don't know if there is some way for them to automatically be expanded so I can see them? Because on old posts with the nested quotes, I can't actually see the post that is being directly replied to until I expand.

ALSO - how do I turn off the sidebar on the right? I had it turned off on the old site but looked through the options and couldn't find the one to turn it off.

I increased the size of the quotes height before it goes into collapse. So you should mostly see it in collapse mode if it is a huge quote.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Andrey!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to see "likes" on a post so you can say "I agree" or "I like" but I see no reason for
a Like count under a users name. I'm not "Like"ing that part of it.

Reactions: E B

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What I like: the cleaner look; people on your ignore list disappear more completely; easier to navigate quickly from post to post
What I don't like: the avatars are bigger than needed and there's more white space so fewer posts on a page

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate the big avatar pics, really distracting and half of them, like mine are now blurry.....

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Just made a small update. Remove the likes from the user section and replaced with joined date.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey about these blurry avatars ...

The system currently says avatar should be at least 200 x 200 pixels.
Wasn't the former system a MAX of 75 x 75 pixels?

IOW, can we now load avatar pic files of higher resolution?
If so what is the largest (in pixel x pixel, or in KB or MB) they can be?

Oh, and is there a way to select to view them so they take up less screen space?
I looked and couldn't find this.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just made a small update. Remove the likes from the user section and replaced with joined date.

I would like to Like this post, but I can't anymore. :cry::lol-2:

Seriously, thanks Andrey.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something else confusing ...

To quote someone you no long click the Quote button.
You click the Reply button in their post.

That's confusing. Not intuitive. Many will struggle with this.

And why is there a + in front of the Quote button?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People on ignore are truly ignored now. :clap: No temptation to click and peek.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, after the migration I have only two on ignore; There used to be more.

I have to put them back on ignore.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Andrey about these blurry avatars ...

The system currently says avatar should be at least 200 x 200 pixels.
Wasn't the former system a MAX of 75 x 75 pixels?

IOW, can we now load avatar pic files of higher resolution?
If so what is the largest (in pixel x pixel, or in KB or MB) they can be?

Oh, and is there a way to select to view them so they take up less screen space?
I looked and couldn't find this.

You should be able to load any size above 200 x 200 pixels and the system will make all the adjustment for you. You do not need to do any conversions with any software unless you want to crop it.

It is the same for any image attachments. Just feel comfortable to attach any sizes.

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First time posting in the new format, and it will take a while for me to get used to the new layout. Otherwise, it seems fine to me.

DK :))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:(:(

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I would like to Like this post, but I can't anymore. :cry::lol-2:

Seriously, thanks Andrey.
You can't like your own posts. :)

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

One of mine did not stay but the other two did. I just left that one off because that person has been nicer recently. LOL.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will just give a huge :clap::clap: to the PS staff. I really do love the new layout. It's so much 'cleaner' in appearance to me. Thank you!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will just give a huge :clap::clap: to the PS staff. I really do love the new layout. It's so much 'cleaner' in appearance to me. Thank you!
Ditto from me!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Something else confusing ...

To quote someone you no long click the Quote button.
You click the Reply button in their post.

That's confusing. Not intuitive. Many will struggle with this.

And why is there a + in front of the Quote button?

If you click on the + quote it will add it to the quote list when your reply. A button on the bottom left will show up "Insert Quotes". When you click it it will let you add the quotes to the reply only from the list versus getting all on the page.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of mine did not stay but the other two did. I just left that one off because that person has been nicer recently. LOL.

Well, I'll try to be less nice. :lol:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am glad. The big hurdle was to get here. We will clean it up even more over time.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Sorry about the lists of follow, ignore, watch and other settings may not have been moved over perfectly.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results