shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I'm with you and TG!! I love this gal too!!!

Lakisha also was fabulous last night......loved it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 8:40:02 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Melinda doolittle: my hometown hero, I think she was fabulous and genuinely a humble person...loved her
Very humble, which is very endearing.

She looks kinda funny though, and last night I figured out why. All her height is in her legs, with a VERY short torso. They need to help her dress to lengthen her torso and shorten her legs. I think it would help.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2007 9:01:27 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/22/2007 8:40:02 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Melinda doolittle: my hometown hero, I think she was fabulous and genuinely a humble person...loved her
Very humble, which is very endearing.

She looks kinda funny though, and last night I figured out why. All her height is in her legs, with a VERY short torso. They need to help her dress to lengthen her torso and shorten her legs. I think it would help.
[she doesn''t have a neck either and that makes her look kinda wierd] I love her and am firmly on her bandwagon but there could be a day where I switch over to Lakisha, hmmmm she''s great, too. Could this be the year where the last 4 standing are all females?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Girls were soooooo much better than the boys it wasn''t even funny!

Melinda did a great job...she just has such a big face...it kind of distracts me...but I am superficial and wrong. Sooooo I can look past that and say she did a wonderful job.

My heart totally belongs to LeKiesha at this point in the contest. She was amazing last night. Just amazing. And it didn''t even seem like it was work. Just such a natural talent. Makes me wish I could sing. And based on my attempts last night, Mr.littlelysser can totally verify that I cannot sing at all.

That first woman - Stephanie? Sabrina? - also did a bang up job. She definitely started things out right.

I also kinda dig that girl that sang Natural Woman. Leslie, I think her name is? She''s a bit quirky and doesn''t fill me with Meh.

That Gina with the weird hair...I just didn''t care for her performance. Didn''t do much for me. Sounded like she was very off tune a couple times. Plus she''s a bit full of herself. I feel like a 12? Shuttie!
20.gif

Antonella - Whew. That was bad bad bad. I mean bad. She sucked like a hoover. Feh. She should have NEVER made the final 12. POOOOO.

The rest of the skinnyprettyishlonghairedwhitegirls - Eh. Just didn''t do it for me. They are all pretty much interchangeable and chock full ''o MEH and a bit of FEH.
38.gif
24.gif
38.gif
24.gif
38.gif
24.gif
38.gif
24.gif

And a note to the whole world - PLEASE DO NOT SING A CELINE DION SONG EVER! Although I am not a fan of Celine, she can really sing - I''ve come to that conclusion because whenever someone tries to sing it on Idol the end up hoovering up the place!

My guess is that Antonella is going home...and another of the skinnyprettyishlonghairedwhitegirls is going home. Won''t miss you!

As for da boys - Hmmm. Maybe Sundance Dread? Or um, that first dude. Rudy? Or maybe both.

I LOVE AI!!!!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I heart Beatbox Blake!! He is the only one in my opinion that really might have Idol potential as far as the guys. The others, I find myself saying "where have I seen them before", or "they kinda remind me of ____". I mean, is it just me, or do the judges seem to be BORED with the variety of talent? We''ve pretty much seen it all...

I think all the white girls will be the first ones to go. They just aren''t *good*.
20.gif

I like Doolittle too!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 9:15:39 AM
Author: Catmom
[she doesn''t have a neck either and that makes her look kinda wierd] I love her and am firmly on her bandwagon but there could be a day where I switch over to Lakisha, hmmmm she''s great, too. Could this be the year where the last 4 standing are all females?
No, not much of one. But if you look at their pics, LaKisha doesn''t either. I think it''s the combo.

But at any rate, I really like her. Maybe that''s why I''m wanting them to fix her up.
5.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lakisha was awesome.
Melinda Doolittle was great.
Sabrina Sloan was really good.
Stephanie Edwards was really good.
Brass In Pocket girl had Chrissie Hynde in shameful tears.
The Celine Dion stuff makes me want to puke.
The "A" in Antonella stands for Awful.
That''s all that stuck out in my mind.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i puffy heart melinda big time...there is just something so ENDEARING about her. sure she''s kinda goofy looking at times but her eyes just melt me..i do not know why. it''s like she always seems so surprised with praise! and she just seems so sweet. i really love her and i have since she first auditioned. i am so happy she''s made it this far and i hope she can build a fan base to stay a long time.

lakisha is just flat out awesome with that voice of hers...there''s not much else to say except that i think i''d like her better if she didn''t have such weird facial expressions during her singing. that kinda stuff is really distracting. they kept showing closeups of her face filling the camera and contorting, it just was NOT flattering. i don''t care what they look like really except that i don''t need a big closeup THE ENTIRE SONG. are you listening camera man? all i could look at was her mouth opening and closing. i think her whole look is fabulous and she works it, and if they would just pan the camera away and give you a better shot of all of her it would be so much less distracting for the audience. yes she has a wonderful voice but she has to have the fan base too. start doing things that are more flattering than off-putting.

stephanie, the first gal, phenomenal. i really like her and she is a cutie too and can sell it. also sabrina sloan...love her as well. what a voice. she reminds me of some girl from last season or the season before, the one who used to do broadway shoes, curly hair, coffee skin, kinda same look but sabrina''s voice is hands down better. also that other gal...loresha or whatever, she was good but i just didn''t really feel her.

for me it''s stephanie, sabrina and lakisha in terms of who can blow. and yes there were some girls who just knocked the other ones on their fannies in terms of competition. antonella should NOT be there i agree. when she got in over the other girl on last week''s show i was SHOCKED esp at how she messed up so badly and kept FORGETTING HER WORDS argh. total pretty value over voice on that one. plus she and her best friend''s antics bugged me last week. they just remind me of snobby pretty girls who think they should have it all...did you see how shocked she was when simon was like you suck? and she''s not THAT bad...she just is not in the same league as some of the other girls. and that''s a glaring shocking truth...she can''t be that surprised to hear that. i think she''ll go home tonite unless her looks keep her there.

the other girls as people have mentioned, pretty to look at but not in the same league and the vibe i kept getting from them all was weak voices, not enough oomph behind performances, vanilla, etc etc. after stephanie, sabrina and lakisha came and did their thing, honestly all those other girls look like milk-toast next to them and i don''t just mean visually. their voices just cannot compete. i like alaina or whatever her name is because she''s got kind of a smoky voice but again she just seems ''weak'' next to the other gals. and when simon said ''your looks will keep you here, not your singing'' she was all ''nice thanks''...hey woman he is just being honest and come on...are you deaf? at least he didn''t call you a teletubbie.

lastly on gina, i kind of like her, kind of don''t. greg really likes her...i think because she''s different but he wasn''t here last nite so he didn''t see that performance...i like that she tried out for AI multiple times and really has the passion and i think she will probably make it a few weeks farther but she''s kind of in the middle between some of the milk toast girls and the powerhouses. so who knows what will happen with her. if she has a strong fan base she could last longer than expected.

bottom line, girls were rockin and boys suck. they better step it up big time. i loved when the judges said they would take like 8 girls and only 4 guys, the guys looked all glum, LOL. and the girls didn''t look that happy when simon said he thought 23 other idols should pack it up and go home...the looks on some of their faces...OH IT''S ON!!!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, Melinda does not have a neck, as far as I can see. I was pointing this out to TGuy last night, but he seemed to think it was the jacket that made her look like that. Still, I agree with Mara...for her it''s in the eyes...they just shine.

Lakisha DOES have those facial expressions, but I just figured it was for that song (I haven''t seen her sing before). She was definitely channeling Jennifer Hudson or Jennifer Holiday, both who really laid it on with the facials since they were acting along with singing. We''ll see how she does going forward with a song that is less dramatic.

Am I the only one who doesn''t like Sabrina? Not a fan of Gina either.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should almost just type "ditto" and be done with it
2.gif
''cause OF COURSE I agree with all of y''all. But, because I''m me and a SUPER IDOL FAN ... I can''t hold back.

1. SABRINA .. she was strongest for me actually. Maybe ''cause it was so surprising, since we hadn''t "met" her really ... maybe ''cause I loved her bling (1.7ish Princess with Side Trills & channel set w-band ... HA!) She toured with HAIRSPRAY and I think her stage performance gave her the edge with me. There were times I shut my eyes & thought "Christina" .. then I opened them & thought "Christina". She was almost as good as X-tina was at the Grammies. That sealed it for me.

2. LAKISHA ... this was a close call, coulda been #1 but she look so damn scared afterwards that it kinda killed it for me. SHE has to believe it before *I* can believe it. I''m happy for her though & glad to have a FRENCHIE-type belter back in the competition. My prediction: she might be too fragile emotionally to win it all. I think that''s kinda what happened to Jennifer Hudson in retrospect. But w/her in the contest - everyone else better step-it-the-heck-up!

3. JORDIN ... I know, I know everyone else is all "DOOLITTLE" but - this girl is 1/2 her age and sung her brains out. She just DELIVERED. And she''s a natural beauty & likeable & will have the high-school girl vote and has room to grow. I thought she killed her song & was, key word, "surprising".
3.gif

4. DOOLITTLE ... yes, awesome. not "surprising". everyone expected her to be good & she was. That worked against her here. Likeable as all get out .... humble .. adorable. LOVE her! Not sure if she''s Top 5. Eh, you can all tell me told ya so later.

5. GINA ... only white chick w/a shot here - and *shocker of shockers* she''s not Barbie-looking. Sounded better the first time than it did in the re-cap but she''s spunky & different & I think people will keep her around for variety.

MEHSVILLE, population: the rest of you, Skinny Pretty Things.

GOING HOME: ANTONE-DEAF-ELLA & AMY CR*PS

Thank goodness for the girls ... I was getting worried about this season!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 11:48:48 AM
Author: littlelysser
GOING HOME: ANTONE-DEAF-ELLA
Best nickname EVAH!!!!!
9.gif
to
39.gif

Turns out the little lady got the "Vote for the Worst" block riled up & when you look at the Dial Idol predictions, she''s RANKED IN THIRD PLACE??!!!! Those VFTW people really smudge things up don''t they ... she & SUNDANCE HEAD are probably gonna make it through.
14.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
3. JORDIN ... I know, I know everyone else is all "DOOLITTLE" but - this girl is 1/2 her age and sung her brains out. She just DELIVERED. And she''s a natural beauty & likeable & will have the high-school girl vote and has room to grow. I thought she killed her song & was, key word, "surprising".

I am a HUGE Tracy Chapman fan and was really disappointed with her interpretation of the song. I think she has a beautiful voice, but the song ruined it for me.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I want to add my $.02. I agree with all you said, and I adore Miranda Dolittle as well, but wanted to add did anyone else think that the Haley girl (dark haired in an all black outfit - the top looked a little lingerea-ish) sounded like a Miss America Pagent contestant? Simon did tell her she seemed very "old".

And a question for those who have been watching AI for a long time - If you are like me - since day 1 of season 1 - I picked Kelly to be the winner from the beginning. Anyway, question - do you remember how the narrowing down to 12 used to be? Wasn''t it different groups, then the top 2 would go thru till they built the top 12 and then each of the 3 judges had a wild card? How exactly did they used to do it? I was just trying to remember....oh, and I think it wasn''t 6 boys, 6 girls till season 4, I believe....

Thanks,

Meredith

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Deco: I totally agree with you on the Sabrina-Christina Aguilera comparison. When she did a little run at the end of her song I immediately thought Christina. The FI loves Sabrina! And like you I noticed her bling!!

My favorite is Melinda because she can flat out sing, has great stage presence and I think her style will translate better in the later rounds when the genres are changing. Lakisha was spot on with her rendition of "I Am Telling You I Am Not Going." That is an extremely difficult song to get right...and she nailed it. But I am thinking that her style may not translate in the later rounds. I was REALLY surprised about Jordin and I think she is my sentimental favorite. To be so young she was great. And I also liked Stephanie.

Antonella was GOD-awful! And the rest were just....unh. Not impressive at all. As for the guys the only 2 I really like are the little cutie Blake and the Justin T look-alike Chris. I do find myself liking the Jack-Osbourne look alike Chris also. I''ll be pulling for him simply for being different and for sparring with Simon right out of the box.

This will be a great season!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 12:08:04 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 2/22/2007 11:48:48 AM

Author: littlelysser

GOING HOME: ANTONE-DEAF-ELLA

Best nickname EVAH!!!!!

9.gif
to
39.gif

Turns out the little lady got the ''Vote for the Worst'' block riled up & when you look at the Dial Idol predictions, she''s RANKED IN THIRD PLACE??!!!! Those VFTW people really smudge things up don''t they ... she & SUNDANCE HEAD are probably gonna make it through.
14.gif

oh gosh deco, that''s just awful. I forgot about the vote for the worst folks and they really do make an impact in the early rounds. I don''t really care which of the guys go at this point but I''d be upset if one of the worthy to stay gals gets the boot way to early because of antone-deaf-ella
14.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Wow, the worst of the girls were better than the best of the boys (exeption - Beatbox Blake - LOVE him).

I have to ditto most of what everyone else say. I don''t really have anything else to add except I''d have Jordin Sparks in my first 4.

I wonder if the girls are so much better than the boys is because the competition was stronger. Wasn''t the ratio 2 girls to every one boy? And, they had to eliminate the same amount.

LOVE it - Antone-deaf-ella! She''s very pretty, probably has some natural talent - but out of her league at this point. But, maybe with some voice training that goes on later she could improve. So, if she does get put through by the Vote for the worst group, maybe she will prove us all wrong with time. But then, I still love Kellie Pickler.
2.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
There are tons of pics of Antonedeafnella floating around the internet, smoking a joint, standing a beach topless with a group of girlfriends, etc. Lovely, just lovely, whether they''re photoshopped or real.
14.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Like everyone else who faithfully is into AI, I thought that the girls had it over the guys in a HUGE way. I agree with what most of you have said regarding LaKeisha, Melinda, Jordin, and Stephanie. I am still working at getting the names straight, but those ladies stand out for me right now.

I predict LaKeisha and Melinda are going to be in the final four. The guys are just not as strong this year from what I saw. I also agree that the chick (Haley?) who Simon thought was more broadway IS more broadway in sound. Tonight gets things really rolling and pruning down the numbers.

Exciting!
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
doolittle: LOVE her. She is sooooo adorable. and yes, she has no neck. but i don''t even care.

lakesha -- girl can SING. but I agree, not sure how her style will translate later on

sabrina - she can sing, I HAVE to admit that. But I don''t know, something doesn''t strike chord with me. I don''t really like her - and I have to say I think Xtina is WAY WAY WAY better than this girlie!!

antonella - she never should have made it this far, and if I have to sit through another season''s "kelly pickler" cr@p I will not be happy.

first girl that went - don''t remember her name - didn''t care

gina - I like her lots some days and not so much other days. it was a not so much last night

the dog walker - i really like the tone of her voice, but she just has a "crazy" vibe that comes across really strongly when she is on stage. I expect her to jump over to the judges table and do something insane (a la the dancing crazy kid from last year)

otherwise - don''t remember don''t care.

for boys my top 3 would be blake, chris (jack osborne) and bald dude that went last.
no one else leaves an impression just yet....

oh -
And if one more contestant points at me through the camera I am seriously hopping a plane and smacking them all..... don''t they know they look crazy trying to act out their songs with hand gestures? sheesh

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the 4 that went tonite, totally predictable but i was shocked antonedeafella is still in there, though she does have the VFTW vote...oh well! next week, hehee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree mara. the only big surprise was Antonella staying but since deco mentioned vftw i wasn''t surprised..can''t wait for next week
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
When they lined up Antonella looked like Alaina and I said "Alaina is going home" and then it ended up it wasn''t even her!

Sinjaya deserved to go home, Rudy did not. His song choice may not have been great, but he has a much better voice, more poise and just didn''t earn the ticket home.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I''m crazy, but I feel like in the past it seems the male who performs first in the top 24 goes home first as well? Coincidence? Just something I remember noticing last year although I can''t remember his name. When Rudy performed first this year I was thinking, "uh-oh, not a good spot to be in--going first is tough!" I wonder what would''ve happend had Sinjaye gone first this year...would he still be in he running? I agree Kimberly, that he was definitely weaker than Rudy and deserved to go home instead. He reminds me of the kid from Texas last year who was very young also (can''t remember his name of course)--he was there waaayyy longer than his musical ability should have afforded him, but he had personality and the youth factor, I guess.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2007 11:33:04 PM
Author: monarch64
Maybe I''m crazy, but I feel like in the past it seems the male who performs first in the top 24 goes home first as well? Coincidence? Just something I remember noticing last year although I can''t remember his name. When Rudy performed first this year I was thinking, ''uh-oh, not a good spot to be in--going first is tough!'' I wonder what would''ve happend had Sinjaye gone first this year...would he still be in he running? I agree Kimberly, that he was definitely weaker than Rudy and deserved to go home instead. He reminds me of the kid from Texas last year who was very young also (can''t remember his name of course)--he was there waaayyy longer than his musical ability should have afforded him, but he had personality and the youth factor, I guess.
Sinjaya reminds me of Michael Jackson and it just plain creeps me out.

Speaking of, there are rumors that MJ might appear on the show. I most definitely won''t be watching that episode. It turns my stomach that they can allow him to make money off of their show.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
I think that Sinjay (or however you spell it) will get the grandma / mom vote. He''s so young and smiley and doesn''t seem to have a whole lot of confidence or awareness of what''s going on. It''ll be just like Chicken Little last year....

Hopefully everyone will step up and choose better songs so that the ones that really should go home really stand out (like Antonella!!)

I''m still having a hard time feeling any kind of connection or whatever towards any of the contestants. Who knows, maybe this week will be the week that someone really starts to strike me as worth rooting for....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The GIRLS came to win ... how will the BOYS respond to their slaughter last week?? Inquiring minds CAN''T WAIT FOR TONIGHT''S IDOL!!!!!

And I wonder if they''ll address the nude/perhaps pornographic photos of Antonella Barba that have been bubbling to the web surface all week long.
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
30 minutes
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The guys were at least 75% better tonight as compared to last week! I won''t single out anyone at this point, because really none of them "stand out" like a few did last year this time. But, I think they sort of looked like they TRIED to turn things around this week. Basically what I''m saying is I didn''t look at this viewing as two hours of my life that i''ll never get back like I did last week, lol. Looking forward to commentaries tomorrow!

Btw, did anyone see the mention of Elliott Yamin getting his teeth done in Beverly Hills for free? Yup, $50k worth of dental work done for free! I think the dentist''s name is David Frey. Strangely, couldn''t find mention on the net of what orthodontic work was done..I am surprised his issues could have been fixed merely by cosmetic dentistry...if anyone has info on the topic (Fireand Ice????I know you''re a big EY fan!) I would love to know.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch i saw the Elliott Yamin thing in us weekly a while back. he had some serious dental work done by the hollywood dentist that i think does the makeover show on E! ... i don't remember exactly what Elliott had done but i do remember veneers. but i was really happy that he got the work done..go Elliott!

tonite was okay....meh. honestly...nothing really blew me away though they WERE better than last week for sure. i thought a few were pretty good but nothing like OH MY GOD wow. and quite honestly i don't remember that many of the performances...oh the beatbox guy was pretty good i thought, greg really likes him.

sinajay has to go...he was practically whispering into the micro. and ever since someone on here said that he reminded them of michael jackson i am perpetually creeped out by him, poor guy!

i did thing that sundance definitely finally hit a bit more of a stride tonite with his song....he was a good show-closer i thought with his performance. and is it just me or does anyone else not really get the bald dude, i don't even remember his name...i don't get the appeal really.

here's hoping the girls have another great night. i'm kinda bummed that there has to be 6/6 because i think the gals would dominate otherwise this season.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results