shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 11:25:28 AM
Author: Mara
that guy was sweet...what a sad story and yes it was great that the judges were so nice to him!

i missed the first 20 minutes because my TIVO was being retarded. it said the same episode was playing within 30 days so it didn''t think i wanted to record it. um DUH. so i changed my prefs to get all AI anytime. now im sure i''ll get random repeats from past years or something but whatever.

again no one was SUPER great last nite!! i did like the one guy who was a background vocalist...he did have kind of a cool attitude about him and a nice voice. but nothing spectacularoso. it was pretty meh overall...unless i missed something in the first 20 minutes!
I liked that guy too, but I hate how they all trill to show off their vocal skills/control, it''s overkill and he was one of the worst offenders.

No one grabbed me except the sweet older gentleman.

Olivia Newton John had a hard time judging, she''s too sweet to be mean to the contestants.

I can''t believe there are more auditions next week, i thought for sure they''d stop in Hollywood. Ugh.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 11:59:19 AM
Author: KimberlyH

I can''t believe there are more auditions next week, i thought for sure they''d stop in Hollywood. Ugh.
UGH - I totally agree with you there!! I am reading to see Hollywood week and get into the real competition!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
L.A. was boring boring boring. If I had seen that episode and that one only, I would have really wondered what the hype was about.

I teared up at the older gentleman''s story too. I''m a sucker when it comes to sentimental stories.
39.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a Simon Cowell interview in the Feb. issue of Playboy, in case anyone cares....LOL! (Yes, I still "let" my DH subscribe, and yes, I sometimes read the articles...
2.gif
) Anyway, DH mentioned it to me and I read it tonight. It was actually a worthwhile read!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 12:06:23 AM
Author: monarch64
There is a Simon Cowell interview in the Feb. issue of Playboy, in case anyone cares....LOL! (Yes, I still ''let'' my DH subscribe, and yes, I sometimes read the articles...
2.gif
) Anyway, DH mentioned it to me and I read it tonight. It was actually a worthwhile read!
You are not alone, I do the same
2.gif

So anyone watch last night? That last guy was great - the one that sang Cupid. I really liked him.
I also liked the guy that came in with his cousin.
What do you all think of the 16 year old country girl?

Can not wait till Hollywood as I think there are some really talented singers this year!

Meredith

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 9:52:00 AM
Author: merrijoy

2.gif

So anyone watch last night? That last guy was great - the one that sang Cupid. I really liked him.

Can not wait till Hollywood as I think there are some really talented singers this year!

Meredith
I really liked those two guys as well, great voices. The last guy has more in the personality dept. though.

And I liked that country girl, hope she makes it. Maybe just because she wants to get away from the cows so much. lol But she has a decent voice.

I also really like the girls voice who made the funny faces when singing. I think if she can get her facial expressions under control, she may have a decent shot.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 10:05:12 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 2/7/2007 9:52:00 AM

2.gif

Meredith
I really liked those two guys as well, great voices. The last guy has more in the personality dept. though.

And I liked that country girl, hope she makes it. Maybe just because she wants to get away from the cows so much. lol But she has a decent voice.

I also really like the girls voice who made the funny faces when singing. I think if she can get her facial expressions under control, she may have a decent shot.
Definitely agree, although I feel she did with the first song she sang. She is a very cute girl though.

The pretty girl with dark hair who was a wedding singer was good too, maybe just a little forgettable though?

Meredith

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 10:09:31 AM

Definitely agree, although I feel she did with the first song she sang. She is a very cute girl though.

The pretty girl with dark hair who was a wedding singer was good too, maybe just a little forgettable though?

Meredith
Oh, is that the one that had the black outfit on? If so, she was good, but yeah, nothing too unique.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I totally dug the guy who sang Cupid. The country girl was good, really pretty and had a decent voice but not my favorite (I prefer men''s voices to women''s in general though; high pitched singing irritates me) I also really liked the funny facial expressions girl.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i thought all the same things about those people mentioned, i liked the country girl''s voice big time. though her eyes got really wide and big each time she sang which is distracting. the gal who kept making all those odd facial expressions had a really great voice but yes her facial expressions were really distracting! i am glad they put her through and hopefully she can work on her performance a bit. also i loved that last guy who sang cupid, first off i love that song!! and then he just totally blew it away...i loved his voice, his performance, he seemed so genuine and happy and his voice was very smooth. the girl who came in the hoochie black dress had an okay voice nothing super spectacular but she has that kind of star cover girl look to her.

in any case, i thought that last nite was one of the best nights for voices !! but i can''t wait to see the semi-finals or whatever they call them, because they put a bunch of people through that they hardly tend to show sometimes and i want to see the best of the best kinda thing. and see people who were okay in the auditions and if they can pull it out to get to the finals.

lol now i have Cupid stuck in my head...i keep singing it!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA! I have "Cupid" stuck in my head today too ...

FYI ... someone over at the Idol Forums has "spoiled" the top 24 ... very interesting. Should I linkie it?
31.gif
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t think this group came across as the brightest bulbs in the box......how about to Simon.............

Go back to British!
23.gif

Idol is on again tonight. 9:00 est. Something called the "Best of the Rest" - which probably will show some of the more painful ones as well. I hope I don''t have to hear the slow mo "Amazing Grace" rendition AGAIN
6.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol F&I i loved that. ''where''s he from anyway...british...well he should go back to british then''...! priceless.

and the whole ''other door'' montage, loved it. then when SIMON tried to go in the wrong door. HAH!

link it deco!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 4:09:55 PM
Author: fire&ice
I didn''t think this group came across as the brightest bulbs in the box......how about to Simon.............

Go back to British!
23.gif

Idol is on again tonight. 9:00 est. Something called the ''Best of the Rest'' - which probably will show some of the more painful ones as well. I hope I don''t have to hear the slow mo ''Amazing Grace'' rendition AGAIN
6.gif
I''ll be watching tonight. Didn''t catch it last night but heard that girls ranting on the radio. Go back to British. The radio station had a field day with that one,
20.gif
3.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 4:40:57 PM
A casualty from last nights round of auditions:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17028850/

Meredith
Humm...seems to be quite a bit of offed contestants. Buzz is that the fidel castro guy got the boot for refusing to cut & trim his hair and beard.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 1:18:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
HA! I have ''Cupid'' stuck in my head today too ...

FYI ... someone over at the Idol Forums has ''spoiled'' the top 24 ... very interesting. Should I linkie it?
31.gif
11.gif
Yeah - but who is the person leaking the 24? Someone in the know or just someone''s predictions?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
By popular, uh, command ... peep at this season's Top 24 at your own risk!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

It seems to be leaked by someone with inside knowledge ... and there is A LOT of info on some of these contestants. Welcome to the Age of the WorldWideWeb!
20.gif

As to last night's auditioners ... I did read that the cousin who sang well didn't actually go to Hollywood 'cause of Drug Possesion charges that came up during the background check ... and Ms. Funny Faces poured sugar in an ex-boyfriend's gas tank back in Nov & landed in the slammer. So much for 2nd chances!
25.gif

ETA: One more treat I found ... a music video for Chris Sligh's band. Not a big fan of the song but he's a suprisingly good front man. Somehow, he does his doughiness proud!
3.gif
And I like his blazer/jeans look. And his dry wit. Uh oh. The madness starts - um - now?
31.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 6:13:42 PM
Author: decodelighted
By popular, uh, command ... peep at this season''s Top 24 at your own risk!
9.gif
11.gif
31.gif

It seems to be leaked by someone with inside knowledge ... and there is A LOT of info on some of these contestants. Welcome to the Age of the WorldWideWeb!
20.gif

As to last night''s auditioners ... I did read that the cousin who sang well didn''t actually go to Hollywood ''cause of Drug Possesion charges that came up during the background check ... and Ms. Funny Faces poured sugar in an ex-boyfriend''s gas tank back in Nov & landed in the slammer. So much for 2nd chances!
25.gif
Whatwhatwhat? And she seemed like such a sweet girl!
6.gif

Meredith

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol i can''t even remember people''s names...i was looking at their audition songs to try to match them up in my mind!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 7:03:02 PM
Author: Mara
lol i can''t even remember people''s names...i was looking at their audition songs to try to match them up in my mind!!
Same here, I would need it to say - girl in hoochie outfit, or funny guy with curly hair! Ha!

Meredith

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I peeked, and I only recognized one name, which is a good thing! Happy watching tonight, everyone!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
The link came up as a generic search. Didn''t show the final 24 prediction. Did the link change?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
What caught me off guard was that they were showing all those people crying and saying they were going home for previews of next week??? Now why woudl they do that?? That seemed like a spolier to me....

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I sort of 1/2 watched last night but through the backs of my eyelids so I didn''t catch the whole show. That giril with the horrible orange shirt had a beautiful voice but her appearance needs some work. She''s the only one that stood out, at least that I can remember!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKAY -- ON LAST NIGHT: "HOLLYWOOD ROUND"

1) WTF?? How crazy is it that the girl who WON the "My Grammy Moment" contest & performed with Justin Timberlake on the Grammies (for TWO songs BTW - and was PHENOMENAL) did not even make the TOP 40 on this season''s AI. She was eliminated last night (sang in the trio with Sundance Head). WHAT?? WHAT??? Fox had "no comment" about this and she was doing interviews yesterday about the Grammy thing & also just shrugged when asked why she didn''t make it further on Idol. CRAZY!

2) This "Hollywood" week ... ONE EPISODE?? All that build up & we didn''t even get to see the favorties SING??? Where the heck was Sanjay besides crying when his sister was eliminated?? Where was Chris Sligh?? (Except when killing it with his funky group song) Why didn''t we get to see ANY SINGING??? Just catfights & drama & people screwing up their lyrics. AIIGHHH. SO FRUSTRATING!!!

3) My theory: they don''t want people developing faves at this point. They don''t want people to zero in on three or four folks & make the rest of the season anti-climactic.

4) BUT C''MON - give us fans SOMETHING!!! I''d guess tonight''s episode will be the long walk to the judges table & the verdict -- and HOPEFULLY they''ll show us some info on the Top 24 people ... and some of their FINAL PERFORMANCES so we can see some darn SINGING!???!!!
29.gif

AIIIGHHH!! I wanted to pelt my television with rocks & garbage. SOB!
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking last night..."WHY does Deco like this show again?"
2.gif

I thought, cool...now that those painful auditions are over, we can watch something interesting. I''ve been pretty faithful as new viewer, and they reward me with THAT? Ugh. This show is just robbery at this point. I thought the hollywood round was interesting and could have watched at least another episode or two of this.

I don''t feel like this show is trying to entertain me. I feel like it''s trying to MANIPULATE me. Can you tell I am annoyed? Hehehe. I just don''t waste much time ever watching tv, and really wanted to like AI. My husband is giving me flack for watching it...oh the things I do for my job...
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
I just lost my whole post, but I think what I said was:
I agree with all you said Deco and what I don’t like about the show is the politics and all that we viewers are not privy to (but can find on the internet
emwink.gif
).
The very first female singer, Jory Steinberg, was very good, but what I found out during reading is she is a Canadian singer and already released a song years ago for I Know What You Did Last Summer. I rewatched her performance on Tivo and she was very good, but they told her she was not.
Did you all catch when they were recapping in the very beginning the past “winners”? From last season, the mentioned Taylor, Catherine and Chris – and what was Chris, 5th? And they focused on Chris about going platinum. No mention of Taylor because hmmm, I have not heard him on the radio Once – Sorry to the Taylor fans. I also read (see link - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17031900) that he is a “diva” or “divo”?)

I did love the male quartet. They were too cute! I shrieked so loud my husband came running in. The curly haired guy is Jack Aguilera, right?

Oh, and there is a sort of uproar on the AI site about Baily Brown – the cutie 16 year old country girl. She chose those BFFs for her group – who should not have gone onto the groups to begin with. The one girl was flirting with the boys. Anyway, Baily would have done well had she not been in that group. I do feel bad for her. At least she is young and can come back next year.

Here is some info on how Hollywood this year was lightening fast.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17138495/

Oh, and I had no clue that the girl that sang with JT at the Grammys was on AI…very interesting, and she did not make it….even more interesting….

Meredith

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results