shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Julie...it''s Isadora was HEEEELARIOUS. Greg ran over from the other room where he was doing some laptop work to see her. CRAZEE. I loved the end part where she''s like Day 3? And Ryan goes ''well we''re on Day 2 what day are you on?'' and she goes....*pause* ''Day 3''.. hahah.

and that one chick who was like screaming at them about whatever? I don''t even remember her name. She kept telling them to ''shut up'' and was like ''I know I''m not a singer''...OMG. And then afterwards she was freaking out and screaming in the outside room? WOW.

And what about that guy in the beginning who had his name printed on his shirt? He seemed SHOCKED that they didn''t think he had what it takes...ROFL.

definitely another fabulous evening of brain cell killage thanks to my beloved AI. can''t wait for more.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok who was the female high school student who sang opera, rock and pop. Simon said all 3 of you are going to Hollywood. I cracked up. She''s going to be interesting.....
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:27:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Ok who was the female high school student who sang opera, rock and pop. Simon said all 3 of you are going to Hollywood. I cracked up. She''s going to be interesting.....
31.gif
She is! Honestly, she could go pretty far, as she can really vary her voice...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so tonite was Alabama...what did you guys think?

first off...WHAT THE HECK IS UP WITH PAULA??? the first day she was seriously out of it...and the 2nd she was not even there. yikes!! that doesn't bode well for the season and honestly she drives me nuts when she is there and all wacked out and giggly and glassy-eyed.

second..i wasn't impressed with anyone they showed a clip of really...REALLY impressed that is. there were a few that were okay or good but that seemed about it. i kind of liked the big fluffy curly haired guy who said he saw christina aguilera when he looked in the mirror, HAH.

i thought that the eva longoria looking young girl was better than they gave her credit for. and there was another one who we thought was pretty good (not worse than some others) that they didn't take either.

oh and what about the mom and daughter who had been growing their hair for like 20+ years?!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I really liked the guy who looked like Jack Osborne. He had a great voice. I''m ready for the competition to start, they drag this out a bit too long, 6 hours worth of bad auditions is more than enough for me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''m with you kim. i''m ready for these auditions to be OVER. i really wish they''d show more of the GOOD singers and not so much of the crap ones.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I liked the 17 year old pretty girl - tatiana? I though the curly haired guy was funny. I noticed Idol is on again tonight - where will they be?

Weird that Paula was a no show the second day.
6.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2007 3:21:35 PM
Author: decodelighted
GOOD SCOOP: I heard that Paula & Randy are both predicting a Curly-haired Male as this year''s possible winner. So keep an eye out for who they might be talking about!

Great minds think alike!!
9.gif
I *do* think the "Jack Aguleria" guy might be who they''re making predictions about .... given America''s tendency to go for "likeable" folks even more so than the best technical singers ... He was genuinely funny & unusual & my DH already wants him to win -- so ... there''s that.

I was also wondering if they might be talking about that Sandjay kid from the season opener ... sang Steve Wonder''s "Signed Sealed Delivered" ... he had a real Michael Jackson (in a good way) voice & was also VERY likable.

But YES - I wish this part was over already. Get us to HOLLYWOOD at least!! ((Did I mention I made Magic Bars for last night
18.gif
... and Chicken Francese which def doesn''t belong in the "Healthy Recipe" thread HA! Can you say "Butter AND EVOO"
31.gif
))

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 12:03:56 PM
Author: fire&ice
I liked the 17 year old pretty girl - tatiana? I though the curly haired guy was funny. I noticed Idol is on again tonight - where will they be?

Weird that Paula was a no show the second day.
6.gif
They''re back in Hollywood tonight. They said Paula had a family obligation, more like a rehab appt. She was really mellow the first few shows but she gets progressively more nutty as time passes this year.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 12:09:18 PM

Date: 1/16/2007 3:21:35 PM
GOOD SCOOP: I heard that Paula & Randy are both predicting a Curly-haired Male as this year''s possible winner. So keep an eye out for who they might be talking about!

Great minds think alike!!
9.gif
I *do* think the ''Jack Aguleria'' guy might be who they''re making predictions about .... given America''s tendency to go for ''likeable'' folks even more so than the best technical singers ... He was genuinely funny & unusual & my DH already wants him to win -- so ... there''s that.

I was also wondering if they might be talking about that Sandjay kid from the season opener ... sang Steve Wonder''s ''Signed Sealed Delivered'' ... he had a real Michael Jackson (in a good way) voice & was also VERY likable.

But YES - I wish this part was over already. Get us to HOLLYWOOD at least!! ((Did I mention I made Magic Bars for last night
18.gif
... and Chicken Francese which def doesn''t belong in the ''Healthy Recipe'' thread HA! Can you say ''Butter AND EVOO''
31.gif
))
Hey Deco - Sorry I sort of repeated your post from the 16th ...good call!

Oh, and did anyone else catch when Paula could not even sit on her chair??? She started kneeling....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah, I totally don''t get what was up with Paula during the first hour last night, she couldn''t sit still for anything. I did enjoy the curly haired guy and thought he was funny and did a decent job on the seal song..i''m ready for hollywood too, enough of the bad auditions already..l.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paula was WHACKED last night ... I think Randy was acting strangely & dancing & stuff w/her just to make her behavior less noticable ... but WOW!!!

Then with the crazy press junkets promoting the show (includng that one where she FELL ASLEEP ON THE AIR during a LIVE broadcast)
23.gif
... I wouldn''t be suprised if she DID GET REPLACED BY COURTNEY LOVE!!! (By the time of the live shows probably)

I mean - c''mon ... why was PAULA ABDUL *ever* judging a SINGING competition ANYWAY??? She''s a freakin'' Lakers dancer who got lucky & was marketable during the equally wacked out 80''s. Not exactly a VOCAL POWERHOUSE.
14.gif

However, the choice of Courtney Love seems, um, brave? Reckless? Equally crazy? Therefore: RATINGS GOLD!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
We''re going to be rooting for that Jack Aguilera guy as well! I loved his sense of humor!
5.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 12:50:36 PM

I mean - c''mon ... why was PAULA ABDUL *ever* judging a SINGING competition ANYWAY??? She''s a freakin'' Lakers dancer who got lucky & was marketable during the equally wacked out 80''s. Not exactly a VOCAL POWERHOUSE.
14.gif

I agree, I love simon so although not a singer he makes a great judge and did/does produce right? Randy isn''t a singer either but at least was apart of a popular band and still produces as well so I don''t mind his comments. But I don''t always get Paula. Of course, they may hesitate to change things because the rating are as high as ever. why mess with success? I wouldn''t mind seeing a real singer in her spot though, don''t know who, just a real pop singing star who can SING!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I must not be in the Idol loop. I agree Paula''s behaviour is beyond bizaare - but *is* there talk about replacing her?

I''m done with all these kooky auditions. Anyone catch the guy who auditioned AGAIN in NY. The over the top gay guy who couldn''t hold a tune and every other word out of his mouth was the f-word. WHY OH WHY would we want to see HIM AGAIN!
39.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 4:09:21 PM
Anyone catch the guy who auditioned AGAIN in NY. The over the top guy who couldn''t hold a tune and every other word out of his mouth was the f-word. WHY OH WHY would we want to see HIM AGAIN!
39.gif

HA HA! I thought about him last night when they were doing that segment on how the Alabama auditioners said "Thank You" after being insulted/judged. I was like --

THAT''s the SOUTH for ya!! Home of good manners & respectful behavior!! I mean, SERIOUSLY ... you show up for an audition (which is ASKING to be considered). It''s a PRIVLEDGE not a RIGHT! The proper response to ANY response is "Thank You". "Thanks for considering me. Thanks for your time."

The proper response is NOT what Mr. OTT did -- "fyou" "do you even have a green card?" "go back to London" etc etc...

Besides talent, those folks lack class & self respect and good old fashioned POLITENESS!

Never been prouder to be a Southerner
9.gif
(even if I live up in Yanksville now
3.gif
)

p.s. -- Mr. OTT has been making the talk show rounds continuing his "me me me" talk. I only hope there''s a nationwide shortage of terry cloth headbands & lip gloss
14.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well having passed out last night at 8pm, I missed this. But I figured a way to see these auditions without having to sit through a couple of hours. MSNBC does a recap of each episode with commentary. It takes a little time, but the auditions find their way on you tube and I can just search for the names and check out the auditions. Much easier!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
That Ott guy is making the talk show rounds
23.gif
39.gif
? At least the two teenagers weren''t as rude as him. 15 minutes of fame, lip gloss & terry bands
6.gif
2.gif

Yes, everyone was polite. The Gracious South.
9.gif

Oh, and since they are headed to LA (thank KimberlyH) does that mean that is the last of the auditons? Hope so.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
An article on last year''s loser...Chris Daughtry. He seems a bit cocky to me...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16876137/from/RS.2/

I never saw Taylor Hicks last season, but saw some clips on youtube recently. What a funny dork...and I am all for dorkdom! (Plus he can sing.)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
of course he is cocky, he is doing awesome! i hear his song on the radio all the time.

sometimes being the winner is NOT the ultimate prize...chris would have not done nearly as well if he had been forced to dance to the idol tune for a while until he fulfilled his contract obligations. this way everyone knows him from the show, because he got so far and he was pretty darn good (puffy heart him!) and he was able to do his own thing when it was over!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take it you like him Mara...lol.

I have no idea what he sings. I''ve never heard him before. But then again, I live under a rock.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:34:00 PM
Author: Mara
of course he is cocky, he is doing awesome! i hear his song on the radio all the time.

sometimes being the winner is NOT the ultimate prize...chris would have not done nearly as well if he had been forced to dance to the idol tune for a while until he fulfilled his contract obligations. this way everyone knows him from the show, because he got so far and he was pretty darn good (puffy heart him!) and he was able to do his own thing when it was over!
One needs to go no further than JENNIFER HUDSON.
2.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:37:45 PM

2.gif
9.gif
Oh I like her...I saw a clip of her "you''re gonna love me" bit in Dreamgirls. How was she voted off?
6.gif
Shame on your AI fans who watched in previous seasons...hehehehe...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

2.gif
9.gif

the other finalist can *kinda* do their own thing but still have to share profits( about 50% of what they make) with AI for something like 5 years.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Anyone else cry when the older guy sang the song in honor of his wife who passed of cancer? I''m a sentmentalist.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 7:48:17 PM
Author: mrssalvo

2.gif
9.gif

the other finalist can *kinda* do their own thing but still have to share profits( about 50% of what they make) with AI for something like 5 years.
Jennifer Hudson has to share what she made in Dreamgirls or more importantly - other acting roles from now on? Her singing was only secondary to her acting. She really did deserve an oscar nom.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fire and Ice, I'm pretty sure that AI gets a cut of anything the top 3 or 11 finalists (hubby wasn't sure which but thinks it's the 11 that go on tour) for 3-5 years. they all sign contracts when doing the show and they are near impossible to get out of.

I agree that Jennifer is an awesome actress but the arguement could be made that the dreamsgirls folks would have never had cast her if they didn't know her from AI.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 8:29:58 AM
Anyone else cry when the older guy sang the song in honor of his wife who passed of cancer? I''m a sentmentalist.
I had tears welling. That was so very sweet!! It was also nice that the judges - including Simon, were so simpathetic.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that guy was sweet...what a sad story and yes it was great that the judges were so nice to him!

i missed the first 20 minutes because my TIVO was being retarded. it said the same episode was playing within 30 days so it didn''t think i wanted to record it. um DUH. so i changed my prefs to get all AI anytime. now im sure i''ll get random repeats from past years or something but whatever.

again no one was SUPER great last nite!! i did like the one guy who was a background vocalist...he did have kind of a cool attitude about him and a nice voice. but nothing spectacularoso. it was pretty meh overall...unless i missed something in the first 20 minutes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results