shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was pre-empted here, ughhh.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
tonite was pretty good! yes there were still the total weirdos, hahaha...the one who i just LOVED...well actually there were two. the guy whose day was roy head...he was AWESOME. i would love to see him in the finals pulling out all his funky stops. he''s a total sleeper visually. and the gal who was the background singer...she was sooo amazing, she actually brought tears to my eyes because of the song she sang, how passionate she looked AND how unsure of herself she was! i wanted to be like GIRL you can SING...stop looking so absolutely grateful that they are telling you that you can sing!!! i would love to see her make the finals and just blossom. she has a really amazing voice.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2007 12:20:07 AM
Author: Kaleigh
Aw...sorry Kaleigh! Were you able to record it for later viewing pleasure? If not, at least it''s on again tomorrow night!

TG, I loved that Castro/BinLaden look-alike! I actually did close my eyes for a second and imagined him without all that stuff around his face--he sounded great! Ya just never know...

I do admit feeling a little sorry for the Kevin Holmes dude who sang "Burnin'' Love." I honestly thought he was mentally challenged, and he looked SO sad when the judges basically laughed at him. He came in with zero attitude, and left with zero pride...kind of a downer for me.

But I DID love Sundance! I am anxious to see whether he pans out or not...hopefully he doesn''t have any demons following him (like warrants for his arrest or something). Seems like every year there are a couple of those who have awesome vocal talent but end up in the clink, lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:58:57 AM
Author: monarch64

Aw...sorry Kaleigh! Were you able to record it for later viewing pleasure? If not, at least it''s on again tomorrow night!

TG, I loved that Castro/BinLaden look-alike! I actually did close my eyes for a second and imagined him without all that stuff around his face--he sounded great! Ya just never know...

I do admit feeling a little sorry for the Kevin Holmes dude who sang ''Burnin'' Love.'' I honestly thought he was mentally challenged, and he looked SO sad when the judges basically laughed at him. He came in with zero attitude, and left with zero pride...kind of a downer for me.

But I DID love Sundance! I am anxious to see whether he pans out or not...hopefully he doesn''t have any demons following him (like warrants for his arrest or something). Seems like every year there are a couple of those who have awesome vocal talent but end up in the clink, lol.
Yeah, I think''d I''d just stick around to see if he''d ever get rid of all that hair (facial and otherwise). But it seems like that is really his thing.

That Sundance guy could really sing, and seemed to have a sense of humor, but I didn''t love him.

The blonde girl who did make it wasn''t that good. Her voice was probably on equal par with one of the black women that sang (not a bad voice, but she looked a bit off to me), but blondie was cuter so I think that''s why she went through. Her voice was pretty weak.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

for me too
39.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:57:51 AM
Author: Mara
tonite was pretty good! yes there were still the total weirdos, hahaha...the one who i just LOVED...well actually there were two. the guy whose day was roy head...he was AWESOME. i would love to see him in the finals pulling out all his funky stops. he's a total sleeper visually. and the gal who was the background singer...she was sooo amazing, she actually brought tears to my eyes because of the song she sang, how passionate she looked AND how unsure of herself she was! i wanted to be like GIRL you can SING...stop looking so absolutely grateful that they are telling you that you can sing!!! i would love to see her make the finals and just blossom. she has a really amazing voice.
Oh, I totally felt that way too, Mara, and was actually talking to the tv and telling her how amazing she was (as soon as she opened her mouth). She was so cute and I hope she can get her confidence up a bit before Hollywood!

I was kind of surprised by Paula's reaction to her - she didn't seem to be as impressed as the guys, but I really don't see how she couldn't have been blown away by her song.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
LOVED Sundance. His voice reminds me a bit of Elliott''s.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
TG,

Was the Fidel Castro guy the one that said he gets he looks like Jesus or Osama Bin Laden?

I was dying laughing when I saw him and then when he sang, I was like oh wow! I think I liked him more than Sundance - who I really liked!

The Osama guy looks a little like Kate Hudson''s ex-husband - well because of the long hair, and a little like Adrian Brody.
His singing reminds me a bit of Chris Daughtry.

Mer

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
hmmm, I don''t know how to edit my last post...but the line we found funny last night was the guy that thought he sounded just like Elvis and he was writing a book, and Simon said how does the part of the book you are currently writing end, and the guy said "With a Period".

Oh my gosh! ROFL!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
TG: You watched, I''m suprised!

We DVRed it and watched last night after the play.

I really liked Sundance (he needs to shave that icky huge thing off his face!) and the back up singer. Osama/Jesus was fine but I didn''t get too excited about him.

I think it''s crappy that they let men who don''t fit the profile of a pop star pass through while they are so critical of females looks. I guess it''s reflective of society, but I think it''s not so nice.

We saw a musical, so maybe I was just in that sort of frame of mind when watching, but I liked the male cheerleader that they sent home. He was over the top, but he had a beautiful tone to his voice, crisp and clear.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:09:30 PM
Author: KimberlyH

I really liked Sundance (he needs to shave that icky huge thing off his face!) and the back up singer. Osama/Jesus was fine but I didn''t get too excited about him.

I think it''s crappy that they let men who don''t fit the profile of a pop star pass through while they are so critical of females looks. I guess it''s reflective of society, but I think it''s not so nice.

We saw a musical, so maybe I was just in that sort of frame of mind when watching, but I liked the male cheerleader that they sent home. He was over the top, but he had a beautiful tone to his voice, crisp and clear.
Oh, me too! Very surprised they did not let him go through!

Mer

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 12:13:07 PM
Author: merrijoy

Date: 1/24/2007 12:09:30 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Oh, me too! Very surprised they did not let him go through!

Mer
I''m glad I''m not the only one. He had a big personality and the voice to match.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Sundance has one helluva voice, and I love love love the background singer girl! As Randy would say, she can blow!!! And it was terribly endearing how shy and unsure she was. I would love to see her blossom on AI.

I was also thinking last night, on the audition shows, they mostly show us the ridiculous auditions. However, last night, I felt like they showed a couple of the (what I would call) borderline auditions, which there are probably TONS more of that we never see. Like, the people who are actually quite good singers, but don't have anything else interesting going for them? And they are the ones that don't get through to Hollywood. Of course, they're gonna put through anyone who has a knock-your-socks-off voice...but I bet they turn down lots and lots of good singers who just don't have anything terribly memorable about them. For example, they put Jesus-Osama-Fidel through, and while I did like his voice and his rhythm, I think the fact that he stood out is what got him the golden ticket. Picture him as an average, frat-boy looking kinda guy...do you think he would have made it through then?

Which brought me to the realization that, in my opinion, it takes a whole lot more than a good voice to get to the finals on AI. You have to have the good voice, but you have to have something else for interest, like a good voice that could be trained into a GREAT voice, or an interesting image, or you might be kinda un-noticeable now, but you have a shot at just blossoming on the show (i.e. background singer girl)...I just think that we never end up seeing many, many good singers because I'm sure they have a ton of good singers auditioning...and when you have that many, you have to use some kind of other criteria to whittle down the crowd.

ETA: and some people are already great singers, but they don't have the potential for a real "journey" on the show...the past contestants that I have loved the most were the ones that really showed growth and progress over the weeks of the show...those were the ones who really "grew" on me. It's never as interesting when someone starts out good, but is the same kinda good week after week after week.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh just reminded myself...what about the gal who was sure she was SEXY and that appearance was so important and that she was sure when the judges saw her, their first impressions would be CONSERVATIVE and CLASSY or whatever she said...and then her boobs were almost falling out of her dress the whole time?! I WAS DYING LAUGHING.

i also thought the cheerleader guy had more potential...he had such a great attitude. sometimes it seems hit or miss with the judges.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Kimberly I did watch. When I pitch our AI stuff, I find that a lot of our customers (mostly women) are rabid fans of the show. Having never seen an episode, I couldn''t really add much to the conversation. So I''ve been monitoring the news articles since last summer and figured I should watch this season.

HOUMedGal, one of the articles that I read said AI is, in essence, a reality show, NOT a talent show. Hence talent will be runner up to what is interesting. Star Search was actually a talent show...and you never got to find out much about the actual contestant''s personality. Obviously that makes AI much more interesting.

Missed the cheerleader guy, as I turned it on a few minutes late. I know the fidel castro guy (yes, Merrijoy, that is the one) doesn''t have the best voice, but he just made me laugh.

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 3:12:58 PM
oh my gosh just reminded myself...what about the gal who was sure she was SEXY and that appearance was so important and that she was sure when the judges saw her, their first impressions would be CONSERVATIVE and CLASSY or whatever she said...and then her boobs were almost falling out of her dress the whole time?! I WAS DYING LAUGHING.

i also thought the cheerleader guy had more potential...he had such a great attitude. sometimes it seems hit or miss with the judges.
I was dying laughing from her too and am laughing from the image now. The most important thing to her was her appearance and the judges would think she was CONSERVATIVE and INNOCENT! Ha! and then Paula was motioning to her that she was going to fall out of her top! Where do they find these people!

What about the girl with the braces and her teeth were protruding! What makes these people go on these shows!??

Mer

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, we both liked the cheerleader. We both thought he should have gone through. It seemed like nice guys finished last sort of thing.

I was like this
23.gif
with the 'classy' girl hanging out of her dress. Do these people really believe these things about them?

By far, this was the best town.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol F&I seriously you have to raise your eyebrows as they talk about themselves!!! they are like 'i'm so beautiful'...or 'i am the best singer'...i mean i think people should believe in themselves, and all that but seriously! i was telling greg, i would never even have THAT much self-confidence (delusional thinking?)...to go on TV and be all 'i can sing and dance and i just ROCK and i'm classy and SEXY etc'...hhaa. it's fun to watch tho.

oh yeah and the cuban bin laden guy saying that 'we all have sadness in us'...or whatever i was like okay weirdo!!!

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
This show is truly about exposure and then where your life takes you. Being the winner does not mean too much really. I have not heard Taylor on the radio once (sorry Taylor fans), but Kelly Pickler has a cute song named Red High Heels that is plaid a lot on Country radio; Jennifer Hudson - voted off like 5th on season 4? Now nominated for an Oscar! Chris Daughtry has a band with a song that is on the radio all the time.

ETA: Although Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have awesome careers too! I love Carrie's song's Before He Cheats - great for working out!

Just where life takes you, I think.

Mer

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
CD is on the radio ALL the time. I haven''t heard one Taylor song. Part of it is how mainstream you can be...aka pop or alternative or country will be great because the market is so large. Taylor is kinda more niche market. But I bet he is selling a ton of albums.

Did anyone catch last nite when Simon said that Sundance ''blew Taylor out of the water''. heee.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I just peeked at the TV guide. Idol is on tonight for 2 hours! I believe they are in NYC.

I wonder how many delusional ''classy'' people will try out.
2.gif
I''m all for self confidence also - but - WHoaaaaaa.

Have you all seen the bugged eyed & larger kid on the talk show route? They claim to have an agent, etc. I feel bad that Simon was so cruel about the guys eyes - "one of those people in the forest''? But, they had NO star power & looked like a bunch of dweebs on the morning shows. 15 minutes of fame I guess.

At least William Hung had a great sense about himself. He wasn''t painful to watch - just to listen to.
2.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 5:49:53 PM
CD is on the radio ALL the time. I haven''t heard one Taylor song. Part of it is how mainstream you can be...aka pop or alternative or country will be great because the market is so large. Taylor is kinda more niche market. But I bet he is selling a ton of albums.

Did anyone catch last nite when Simon said that Sundance ''blew Taylor out of the water''. heee.
Yes, I definitely caught this. But remember - Simon said no to Hollywood for Taylor on his first audition. He had to eat crow at the end of the season :)

Mer

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2007 6:03:53 PM
Author: merrijoy

Date: 1/24/2007 5:49:53 PM

Yes, I definitely caught this. But remember - Simon said no to Hollywood for Taylor on his first audition. He had to eat crow at the end of the season :)

Mer
Yeah, that''s right, he did!! hehehehe! Yeah, I heard Simon say that about Sundance...but it''s OK, I still looooves me some TayTay. I haven''t heard him on the radio, but I did buy his album, and I listen to it around the house all the time. I really like it!

OMG, I about peed myself when the "classy" girl was describing what she thought the judges would first think of her...when she said "very sexy, VERY sexy!" HAaaaaahahahah!

Oh, and one more amusing thing. I''m currently studying full time (for the USMLE Step 1, which is the first of 3 medical liscensing exams we have to take) and I was studying Psychiatry today...I came across the book''s definition of "delusions" and immediately thought of these poor souls on the audition shows. My book says "delusions are false beliefs not shared with other members of the culture/subculture that are firmly maintained in spite of obvious proof to the contrary." heh.
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa...watching...take me back to Memphis............

E B

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap. What is WRONG with this girl? (Sarah?) Totally unbalanced.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dunno. I''m still amazed that cute girls with mediocre voices got through. Apparently if you''re cute and you cry, you''re in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:07:29 AM
Author: EBree
I know, scary....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:09:15 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I dunno. I''m still amazed that cute girls with mediocre voices got through. Apparently if you''re cute and you cry, you''re in.

Simon''s the worst when it comes to the cute girls. He''s all about the looks.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2007 12:10:14 AM

I know, scary....
I was wondering if maybe they paid her to act like a total whack job and go off the way she did...but she did have "crazy eyes" and looked like maybe she just needed a drug fix. WOW.
20.gif
Entertaining, though, wasn''t she? LOL!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2007 12:33:25 AM
Author: monarch64

Date: 1/25/2007 12:10:14 AM

I know, scary....
I was wondering if maybe they paid her to act like a total whack job and go off the way she did...but she did have ''crazy eyes'' and looked like maybe she just needed a drug fix. WOW.
20.gif
Entertaining, though, wasn''t she? LOL!

That girl was nuts. So was the last one- "Isadora" or whaveter her name was. Total freak!!!!
6.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results