shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree deco that wanted more singing, geez...and I was also bummed to see Bailey go. I thought she was cute. I hope tonight is better b/c this process is so drawn out. My sister won''t even start watching until the final 12 b/c it''s just too annoying for her. I can''t help myself
37.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:37:09 PM
Author: merrijoy

I did love the male quartet. They were too cute! I shrieked so loud my husband came running in. The curly haired guy is Jack Aguilera, right?

So TRUE. That was the only good part of the show in my opinion! Those guys are SMART! They took it to another level with the beat-box & making the song "fresh" etc etc ... yet having a kind of snarky quality that telegraphed "yeah, we''ll do your Motown .. ''cause you old folks love it, but HA! what lame-os you are!"

And yes ... the curly haired guy in that group was the previously mentioned "Jack Aguilera" (aka Chris Sligh) -- though I think he''s trying to get his "fans" to embrace the nickname "Fro Patro"

Eh ... Bailey forgot her lyrics. That could have happened in ANY group. And she was a big freakin whiner afterwards - POOR LOSER. Probably not the most mature 16 yr old on the block - but maybe she''ll be back another year.

And the TAY-TAY diva stuff ... whatEVAR ... I''ve got tickets to see him in APRIL!!! Yea!! (V-day present
13.gif
) I think Chris & Katherine''s stuff is more mainstream & am not suprised they''re getting more radio airplay & sales. I HATED McPhee but heard her song "Over It" the other day - and as much as I wanted it to BLOW - it was, as Randy would say, "Aight Dawg". Chris will always be a TOOL in my book. A sexy snarly tool.
3.gif

merrijoy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 12:50:19 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/14/2007 12:37:09 PM
Author: merrijoy

I did love the male quartet. They were too cute! I shrieked so loud my husband came running in. The curly haired guy is Jack Aguilera, right?

So TRUE. That was the only good part of the show in my opinion! Those guys are SMART! They took it to another level with the beat-box & making the song ''fresh'' etc etc ... yet having a kind of snarky quality that telegraphed ''yeah, we''ll do your Motown .. ''cause you old folks love it, but HA! what lame-os you are!''

And yes ... the curly haired guy in that group was the previously mentioned ''Jack Aguilera'' (aka Chris Sligh) -- though I think he''s trying to get his ''fans'' to embrace the nickname ''Fro Patro''

Eh ... Bailey forgot her lyrics. That could have happened in ANY group. And she was a big freakin whiner afterwards - POOR LOSER. Probably not the most mature 16 yr old on the block - but maybe she''ll be back another year.

And the TAY-TAY diva stuff ... whatEVAR ... I''ve got tickets to see him in APRIL!!! Yea!! (V-day present
13.gif
) I think Chris & Katherine''s stuff is more mainstream & am not suprised they''re getting more radio airplay & sales. I HATED McPhee but heard her song ''Over It'' the other day - and as much as I wanted it to BLOW - it was, as Randy would say, ''Aight Dawg''. Chris will always be a TOOL in my book. A sexy snarly tool.
3.gif
Fro Patro! Ha! ok, this put a smile on my face for the rest of the day!
1.gif

Meredith

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Boy, all I can say is that show was a real let down. All drama. No talent.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i was really bummed when bailey was let go because she can sing and she is very cute but hello DO NOT FORGET YOUR WORDS people. that drives me just as insane as it does the judges. it''s like forget your stupid choreography if you have to but REMEMBER YOUR WORDS! it''s a competition and yes they want to see you work well with a group but that also doesn''t mean you have to BE the group. be yourself, think about yourself first and foremost and shine and do what you have to to work okay with the group. she totally was too passive in that group, never spoke up etc etc. and if she was working so darn hard, why didn''t she remember her words?! i was bummed for her but also kind of like ''well what can you do''.

the male quartet was awesome! loved them.

i also think they don''t want us to play favorites yet or get TOO into people...i noticed that chris singh was absent from showing too much, they showed sundance a lot but i don''t think he will make it THAT much farther. he is really not impressing me as much as he did during the audition at all. also the same with the young indian guy, i think he will go farther and that''s why they are not showing him as much either.

i just can''t wait til the final 24 or 12 or whatever because that''s when it really starts! we watched AI last nite while multi-tasking...it doesn''t command our full attn yet! hehe.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought that baylie girl was a bit too nasal for me...but I generally am not a huge fan of country music, so that may be why.

What was ridiculous is that the other girl in that same group forgot her words too, and was put through! They just want a good "story." I think they wanted to wait until the end of the episode to banish the BFF girl.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am thrilled that the little wanna be Shakira is gone, she made me nutty.

Dug the male quartet. Don''t really care about Baily one way or another.

Think the LI BFF girls are a bit obnoxious.

Still loving the guy with the fro.

Not sure how Sundance got through with that crappy performance. He was off key.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:57:27 PM
Author: KimberlyH
I am thrilled that the little wanna be Shakira is gone, she made me nutty.

Dug the male quartet. Don''t really care about Baily one way or another.

Think the LI BFF girls are a bit obnoxious.

Still loving the guy with the fro.

Not sure how Sundance got through with that crappy performance. He was off key.
I noticed he was off key too. I was surprised because he was so "on" for his initial audition.

It''s interesting that some people sounded good for their first audition but do much more poorly when given a song or put in a group to harmonize. Shakira-girl is one of those for sure, although I didn''t think she was that good in her initial either.

They are definitely holding of airtime for the people that make it further I think. I really liked the Doolittle girl...the one who was a backup singer and very shy. I think she auditioned in Memphis.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Well - last night was interesting.

Most of the guys that got through I liked. Except Sundance over that other guy - Sundance really sucked ALL of hollywood week and still gets in over the other guy? I guess we didn''t really see the other guy singing in hollywood week, but still. Then sundance tells the other guy "If I make it big I''ll make you my bodyguard" ?!?! I would have slapped him right in the face.
Not to say that I liked the other guy either (cocky much??) but we didn''t really get to see too much actual singing from anyone this week or last week so it''s hard to judge who else might have been better....

Girls - I don''t know what they were thinking. Antonella over that other girl?? I didn''t really like Antonella last week (although she was WAY better than her BFF so I guess we count our blessings that only one of them made it through). I was surprised that one blonde-ish girl (I think from Seattle -e had a ring piercing in the middle of her lip) didn''t make it through - her original audition was amazing - of course we didn''t see any of her at all last week either so who knows. Liked the backup singer (her new hair style is WAY better) and the bigger gal who had a daughter (this season''s Mandisa??) Didn''t really remember most of the rest of the chicas that made it through.

Seems like some people really got screwed with the whole "everyone gets to choose their own group - and the size of their group" thing. Didn''t really seem fair, but then again the show is looking for people who stand out and are able to create a fan base and if they can''t even get other contestants to agree to let them into a group I guess that could translate into them not being viable contestants?

I don''t remember what happens now? Do the viewers start voting or do the judges boot some more people? Anyone remember?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes, I remember!

We start voting...I believe four folks per week get cut until we are down to the final 12.

AND THEN THE TRUE SNARKFEST BEGINS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 11:44:12 AM
Author: littlelysser
AND THEN THE TRUE SNARKFEST BEGINS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
36.gif

I was saying to DH last night "You can''t even FATHOM how happy I am Idol is back! What did I DO w/myself for all the months after last season''s finale ... oh yeah: PLAN OUR WEDDING"
31.gif
9.gif

What will take away the post-Finale-pain THIS year?? Rock-A-Bye-baa....puppy???
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 12:21:19 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 2/15/2007 11:44:12 AM
AND THEN THE TRUE SNARKFEST BEGINS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
36.gif

I was saying to DH last night ''You can''t even FATHOM how happy I am Idol is back! What did I DO w/myself for all the months after last season''s finale ... oh yeah: PLAN OUR WEDDING''
31.gif
9.gif

What will take away the post-Finale-pain THIS year?? Rock-A-Bye-baa....puppy???
11.gif
Hm...that makes sense Deco...I do recall that you didn''t do much planning until Idol was over!
9.gif

I had it on last night and so my hubby actually watched. Wrong episode to have him watch. Booooring!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
It really is pathetic how excited I'm getting about this.

Already thinking of snarkalicious comments...trying to decide who I think I like. But lets be frank, my brain only has so much room. I can't be bothered to remember the names of 24 people! 12 is much more manageable.

Although Sundance Dread has already bugged me and apparently, warranted a nickname. He is a Cocky little weird chest hair line on his neck should NOT be there feh. Perhaps my feelings will change.

Anyhoodle, I am EXCITED!

eta because the dude's name is sundance not sunshine...told you I couldn't remember their names!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
And Deco, don''t think about the sadness of the season ending! Think of all the snarkygoodness that awaits!

I am sure there will be bad outfits.

Bad song choices.

Bad hair.

Bad notes.

Bad dancing.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2007 1:08:07 PM
I am sure there will be bad outfits.
Bad song choices.
Bad hair.
Bad notes.
Bad dancing.
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Oh you are SO RIGHT!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Ooops - gotsta change mah drawers now.
25.gif

(for the record: this is the kind of antecdote one should NEVER reveal about themselves on a message board. HAA!!)
31.gif

EETA: Hee, TG, good thing the season DID end or that would have been one empty barn & a posse of peeved, hungry invitees.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAWN.

Did anyone else think that mr. mophead was a bit smug? I like his sense of humor, but he hit a bit of a wrong note with me.

I thought Mr. Beatbox did pretty well. But none blew me away. I think the women will be more interesting. My favorite so far is the Doolittle backup singer girl.

The most amusing part of the evening is that TGuy has now adopted the stance that many of your significant others have: watching/listening from the other side of the room and trying to seem engaged in something else!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 2:43:39 AM
Author: TravelingGal
My favorite so far is the Doolittle backup singer girl.

TG, I completely agree with you. I was just so bored, no one blew me away and some looked like they could be cruiseship or wedding singers. I was most disappointed in mophead as you so affectionately and appropiately called him. I also don''t like it when they start arguing with Simon and it bugs me when Ryan pushes for them to. oh and what''s up with no shoes dude. I mean come on, you want to be an American Idol? where some shoes..i just don''t like having to look at someone''s bare feet..

anyway, I hope the ladies bring it tonight. My sister just told me that she attended college with Melinda Dolittle and they were in a music seminar class together. So i might jump on the Dolittle bandwagon..

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Boy oh boy. That was just not good, Ya''ll. Boring weirdo songs. That Phil dude did a nice job towards the end. But I find his baldness/big eyes combo a bit scary and distracting. He kinda reminds me of Powder....

But yeah. Feh. Meh. and just plain BLAH!

Totally gotta say I''m feeling Simon. Oh, and the fight between Simon and Seacrest - *AWKWARD*

Although get this - One of my best friend''s best friend''s (and she''s actually an acquaintance of mine as well) cousin is Chris Richardson! I know! I feel so famous! According to my sources he''s a super nice kid. However, fear not, my ability to snark will not be compromised!

Anyhoodle, lets hope the girlies BRING it tonight...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Compared to other first nights, there was a lot more confidence on the stage, which was interesting to see.

Blake Davis did a good job. He made a good song choice.
Chris Sligh was decent.
Phil sounded pretty towards the end.
A.J. was cute and has a good voice.
Sinjaya put me to sleep. There's something Michael Jackson-ish about him that creeps me out.
Nick Pedro = boring.

No one else is sticking out in my mind.

My husband seems to be a rare bird around here, he gets a fire going and the TV turned on by 7:57 for AI every time it's on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol re nick pedro boring....can i just say that i watched half last nite by myself while multi-tasking online and then 1/2 with greg when he got home later and when they recapped at the end, i noticed that apparently i TOTALLY missed like a chunk of 3 singers ? totally zoned out during their performances and never even knew they were on, which really what does that say about them? (not me of course!) nick pedro was one of them and whoever was before him and i think after him. yikes! kinda scary.

last nite was really meh. but i am not disappointed. it was the first night and honestly the first few nights while people get their lay of the land on the stage and get their bearings are sooooo boring and pitchy and blah blah etc etc for me. i don't even vote for a little while because it's impossible for me to really have a favorite right now. they are all so fresh faced and hopeful and... desperate...right now.

what stood out for me...ummm well that stupid fight between simon and seacrest, jeez take it outside kids. seacrest obviously has small man's complex...i hate when he tries to take the opp to make simon look bad. but honestly, simon's comment about teletubbies bag to annieslashchrissingh was kinda rude. though annieslashchrissingh was rude too. so whatever.

most of the singers were not that great for me. the ones i did like was the AJ dude near the end...i thought he did a good job and greg commented he had the 'right attitude'...also i liked the young black guy whose name i can't remember right now, he sang brian mcknight, what an absolute cutie! it cracked me up when annieslashchrissingh said that the night was all about primpin and beauty for the boys, way to rat out your friends buddy! it's obvious they are panning for young chickie votes and trying to build their fan bases...give the boys a break.

i also liked the beatboxing dude whose name i can't remember even though randy wanted him to beatbox during the show, ummm randy aren't you guys always saying it's about the SINGING? and Annie was good too. honestly continuously not impressed with sundance, he seriously needs to shake it off and pull out what he brought during the auditions. and the dude at the end with the new baby, in the beginning i was like OMG this guy is sucking...but at the end he really kind of found his own. seacrest's comment about britney and the lack of hair? ouch! the guy looked mute. on a snark roll, are we ryan?

i feel like i am forgetting something...oh the backup singer dude i thought he did pretty well but he needs to also find his own...sometimes i think his stuff IS too background singerish. but anyway i am trying not to judge them really too much at this point because it's the first night and it sucks to be first. oh and barefoot dude? put on some shoes. seriously. do you know how dirty the floor is??? gross.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I was not impressed or blown away by any of the guys last night. Maybe there will be more hope for the girls?

LOL at the Powder comment!
9.gif

Photo for reference: Sean Patrick Flanery in the movie-
Powder7.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... well MEH kinda sums it up I guess. I''m still glad to *get this pah-tay started* though!!

There was a NY Times article yesterday in which Jeff Zucker (pres of NBC) said IDOL might be the most impactful TV show OF ALL TIME. And the FOX people said it seems bigger than a "tv show", bigger than a "network" ... it''s like having the SUPERBOWL on two or three times a week EVERY week and -even BETTER than the Super Bowl - with IDOL the folks at home control the GAME (or at least have a say/vote).

As to LAST night ...

Date: 2/21/2007 2:43:39 AM
Did anyone else think that mr. mophead was a bit smug? I like his sense of humor, but he hit a bit of a wrong note with me.

Yeah -- his singing was good but there was NO REASON to slam Simon like that. Simon wasn''t really out of line & even said he LIKED Chris. Over. The. Line. Geez -- it was like a kid at middle school that stayed up all night thinking of a *snap* against a bully & then uses it even though it doesn''t quite make sense.
20.gif
If that guy thinks he''s so smart and so STRATEGIC - how come he doesn''t remember that "sassing" the judges doesn''t go down so smoothly with the general public. I still like him & think he''s funny & a good singer - but he has got to COOL IT & be respectful in order to be likeable.

FAVE PERF: BLAKE
nice to see him mix it up and do a contemporary song & just sing ... it came across as surprising & america loves a surprise.

WORST PERF: NICK?? is that even his name??
Booooring. I fast forwarded after two bars. Snooze.

UNDERRATED: RUDY
I thought they gave him a hard time. Hard to be first ... did okay for me. Likeable.

2ND BEST: A.J.
Really good ... exactly like Mara said: he had the right attitude. He came out from the first note ON FIRE & sold the hell out of it. Even Simon said "Maybe you''re better than I thought" - that was about as high as the complements went last night. HA!

BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT: SANJAIYA
Terrible song choice. Lazy delivery. Seemed in over his head

WEIRDEST: SUNDANCE
Is this American Idol? What? He seems like everyone''s creepy uncle.

MOST BLATENT IMPERSONATION OF JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE: CHRIS
I liked his energy but I was itching the entire time ... stop the AFFECTATIONS!!! Someone needs to have a chat w/him about the Justin-isms.

PEOPLE WHO DON''T MATTER TO ME: Everyone else
9.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I agree with you guys, MEH was it. I wasn''t blown completely away...

Although, I did like Blake al lot! I thought his voice was the best last night.

It has got to be insanely difficult to get up in front of a judgemental America and sing freely. I certainly think that is something people do well over time. They all end up pretty polished by the end :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checking in halfway through ladies'' night here...didn''t check in at all yesterday due to my major lack of interest in any of the guys! I just want to say that I think so far the gals are far and away better tonight! Honestly, after last night''s male performances I (diehard AI fan though I am) was wondering if I should become an "after top 12" level fan.
8.gif
Tonight, though, things are looking up for me, and I''m not sorry for wasting two hours watching t.v. when I could be doing something productive, LOL!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2007 12:01:04 PM
Author: equestrienne
I was not impressed or blown away by any of the guys last night. Maybe there will be more hope for the girls?

LOL at the Powder comment!
9.gif

The girls did ALOT better than the guys.

Photo for reference: Sean Patrick Flanery in the movie-

Powder7.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen Jennifer Hudson''s Oscar nominated performance (essentially for the song that LaKisha sang) and I have to say that I think that LaKisha''s performance was right up there with Hudson''s. If Lakisha could act and gotten that role, she''d probably be nominated too. That was an amazing performance by her. It didn''t hurt that the song was totally fitting.

I''m still in the Doolittle camp. I just love her. In fact, all the black ladies did very well...I liked Stephanie Edwards spunk. None of the other girls really stood out for me, and some (Barba) were downright bad.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wholeheartedly on the doolittle wagon.
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2007 1:04:18 AM
I''ve seen Jennifer Hudson''s Oscar nominated performance (essentially for the song that LaKisha sang) and I have to say that I think that LaKisha''s performance was right up there with Hudson''s. If Lakisha could act and gotten that role, she''d probably be nominated too. That was an amazing performance by her. It didn''t hurt that the song was totally fitting.

I''m still in the Doolittle camp. I just love her. In fact, all the black ladies did very well...I liked Stephanie Edwards spunk. None of the other girls really stood out for me, and some (Barba) were downright bad.
Yep, those 4 were the competition tonight as far as I was concerned. Although the last girl, with the two tone hair, can''t remember her name, could be a real contender too.

The guys better step it up....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with you gals. i can actually remember a few of their names this time. In general the gals did way better than the boys but 4-5 of the gals really stood out to me.

Stephanie: to be 19 years old and lead off the way she did proved that this is what AI is about, bringing your best and nailing it. I thought she was great and will go far in the competion

a couple boring gals here: no name recollhection

Sabrina: wow, such a pretty girl and she did aretha proud. I could help but try to get a better view of her rings (wedding??) on your left hand. they were sparkling like crazy
3.gif

a few more: I can't remember

antonella: i never really liked her, very pretty girl but totally butchering of the aerosmith song, and who the heck decided she should sing aerosmith?? bad song choice and even worse perfermance...bye bye antonella...

Jorin Sparks: ok, I like this girl, she picked a great song for herself and performed it well, I'd like to see more of her..
some more: meh performances

Melinda doolittle: my hometown hero, I think she was fabulous and genuinely a humble person...loved her

Mariah uh i mean Alaina: didn't like her performance, too much trying to be mariah carey hair going on..i predict she might go bye bye as well but with all the meh gals really none of them leaving would surprise me..

Lakisha, well what can I say, she was fabulous, just fabulous and it was a winning performance last night for her. Simon saying the others should just book their plane tickets home was a hoot. I do agree that song was out of the park for her but I do look forward to watching the competition go and watch the other singers rise to the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results