shape
carat
color
clarity

Prepping for a new season if AI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that last night was MUCH better. There are a few guys that I like but none blew me away like a few of the gals did last week. The votefortheworst group dialed for sanjaya and according to dialidol he''s staying
14.gif
. they also had brandon (back-up singer for x-tina) down in the bottom. I liked him and think he can sing but why oh why did he pick Time after Time for his song. I think his song choice although sweet for grandma might be what sends him home. the justin timberlake guy actually was one of the best for me last night. He played it right, dedicated to grandma but sang what would let him shine.

can''t wait for the girls!!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Agreed - the guys definitely improved over last week, but then again that''s not saying much.

Sanjay creeps me out SOOOO much. He really really needs to go
14.gif

I''m not loving the guy who dressed like he was going to a business meeting (sang some older rat-pack-y song) or Sundance.

Even though both of them improved tons from last week I still found myself gritting my teeth whenever they were on stage.

Also not liking (although I have to admit he did ok last night) is the JTimberlake wanna be boy. For some reason he just irks me.

So far my favs last night: Beat boxer, Latino boy who sang Nina Simone, Baldie (although first half of song was rough)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
E''s teeth - they did have an article about it in the health section of our paper (Richmond Times Dispatch - maybe still on line - but it was a while ago). I really didn''t pay too much attention. Indeed he had veneers, some realignment, some gum restoration - not sure what else. His teeth was in poor health partly from diabetes. I do remember him saying that he felt SOOOOOOO much more confident.

The boys stepped it up. I thought they did quite well....just don''t think they have the talent like the girls. Sanji''s got to go! Man was that le bad!
32.gif
Painful. And, I like the guy! I thought Sundance did really well - more like his audition. A.J., Chris S. were my favs. I think beatbox boy could have done better.

Funny, I wonder if we will be talking about the girls outfits/looks more than the guys. Another thing is that people do take away different things - aka different perspective/takes on the idols. Although, I don''t know if anyone can say something nice about Sanji''s performance last night.
32.gif
It was frightenly amature.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Last night was so MUCH better.

BeatBoxBlake did a nice job. Don''t care what Simon says...considering the performances last week, if the worst you can do is say he was a copy cat, eh, not too bad, really. Plus that middle part was sooo cool.

ChrisTimberlake - Okay, like I said, I like him. Thought he did a nice job. But his herkyjerky movements must stop. they distracted me.

Also Distracting - Jarett''s eyebrows. TOOOO big and furry. Also, didn''t care for his song choice, but he did well with it.

A.J. - did fever, right? That ucked me out. Just don''t think it is a song that is well sung by a guy. But that just might be me.

Powder did an alright job. Missing You was the first 45 I ever bought! But yeah. he''s got the military vote (and possibly the powderlovers vote) so he should be alright.

ChrisSligh - I can''t really get past his lisp. It weirds me out. And I haven''t love his song choices so far. And yeah, his wife is much better looking than he is.

Time after Time dude - Meh. He sure is cute though! Although the pink, with the work pants and the weirdo belt...eeeeeek. not a good look.

Um, that other dude. That sang that one song. In the vest. He was pretty good. Nick maybe? I don''t know.

Oh, and Sanjaya, Sanjaya, Sanjaya. Okay so he looked sooo creepy. But I will admit it here and only here. I kind of have a soft spot for him. WHY? I have NO idea. But I do. I mean not soft enough to vote for him...just saying.

It appears I am forgetting someone. Hmmm. Oh yeah. Sundance Dread. It was better than last week...But really, that is like saying someone is saner than britney spears. I just don''t dig his vibe. And I hate to be mean...but man, in thos pics, that was one strange looking baby. You''d think they could have found a better pic!

Finally, I''m excited tonight to see if they address the, ahhhh, lovely photos of antone-deaf-ella that are circulating on the web! The are SCANDALOUS!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
So. Much. Better. I was actually "entertained" a few times *wistful flashback sequence*

#1 - BLAKE ... I love him up. I love Jamiroquoi. Perfect combo. It actually made me want to dig out my J. cd from, uh, 1998-ish? He looked cool, sounded great, has infectious energy & charisma. I see him in the final three. Or maybe I just *want* him in the final three. Can't decide how America is gonna come down on him *yet*.

#2 - CHRIS TIMBERLAKE ... hahahahahaha ... you fooled me Timberlake! You do those Timberlakey things on EVERY song but somehow you are *likeable* and SOUND GOOD. Also, you're my hometown boy so I'm gonna give you some rope. Also - very cute. Legit cute. Not "himbo" cute. Interesting.

#3 - CHRIS SLIGH ... DH's fave, looked sharp in his suit ... kinda weird that he chose "Trouble" when Taylor did it just last season but nice, solid, compelling-if-not-WOW performance. Wonder if him having a hot wife will STOP the "quirky girl" votes from coming his way.

Who else would make my top 6 guys? Glad you asked ... PHIL (puppydog/soldier/ok pipes) and ... um ... can I pick a girl?

My DH hates hates hates hates SANJAYA but I'm still "soft" on him like Lysser said. He's all ... "he & his sister are TOO close" ... I'm like "don't be gross ...he's a VIRGIN" ... he's like "How can you tell" and I'm like ... "DUH!". Anyway ... he did whisper his song and it was High School Musical but he's cute & sweet like a newborn pup and why kick a puppy?

However ... I hate hate hate hate NICK -- he skeeves me deeply, heartily. I want him to guest on the SOPRANOS just to see him play a Dean Martin impersonator gunned down in an alley. Please go home now.

BRANDON: zzzzzzzzzzzz *feelings* zzzzzzzzz

SUNDANCE: clever to pick that song that other fat guy sang in that movie. or - accidental, 'cause you don't seem that smart.

A.J.: Nina Simone? HEE! You rocked it though my wee clubber boy. Too bad Simon kinda "outed" you by saying you seemed eerily comfie singing a girl song. Perhaps you should be photographed with, heh, TERI HATCHER this week. She's a *great* beard, ain't she RYAN SEACREST!

And, if I'm forgetting anyone, I'm sure they also deserve to go home.

It's LADIES NIGHT AND THE FEELING'S RIGHT!!!!
9.gif
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know. I''m not putting the scarlet letter on Antonella. Pictures can be doctored. It''s open season on "celebs". They especially seem to pick on the pretty ones. Frenchies pictures weren''t widely circulated & they were specifically for commercial purposes - not some dopey high school pics.

Also, do ya think Sanji - sanjaya whatever has the sympathy vote b/c he was sooooooooo bad? Poor kid kinda mentality.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh yeah and i big puffy-hearted AJ...i forgot...until we recapped last nite and i was lke OH yeah he was good. i love nina simone and i love that he sang a girlie song and just rocked it. i could totally see him doing well out in the pop world on the radio.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/28/2007 9:27:30 AM
Author: littlelysser

Also Distracting - Jarett's eyebrows. TOOOO big and furry. Also, didn't care for his song choice, but he did well with it.

ha littlelysser, my hubby said the exact same thing. he was like "what's up with the dudes eyebrows" too funny you mentioned it too..

and I'm with ya on the chrislisp. I like him, I do but every once in a while when I hear it when he sings It just don't do it for me. He did well enough of the song but he's to tay tay
9.gif

looking way forward to ladies night!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
My Idol worthy dinner - fresh turkey breast roasted with rosemary garlic butter, basmati rice & steamed fresh green beans w/ toasted almonds. I'm like Pavlov's dog just thinking about it & can smell it cooking!

Here's hoping the girls don't disappoint!

Edited to add - dork alert - does anyone else keep an idol ride journal? I write the names, what they performed, my initial reactions & the judges judging comments.
39.gif
I'm embarrassed just writing about it.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
didn''t watch last night. This AI thing is way too much of a weekly commitment for me...and we are in the stone ages and do not have tivo or the like.

Will watch tonight though as TGuy is going to the golf range and I have the TV.

BTW Deco...have you bought Taylor''s album? He needs the help...
2.gif

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17384652/

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Sinjaya sucked terribly as did Chris Timberlake, in my humble opinion. I just want them both to do away.

Paul Stacey put on a decent show.

Blake was at the top of my list again last night.

Back up singer really needed to chose a different song.

Jared had no business slaughtering Marvin Gaye.

Pedro just didn''t sing Fever the way it should be sung.

Sundance was much better.

Chris Sligh was good, not great.

Here''s to another night of Idol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
If ya got black, ya can talk smack! The white girls stunk. None of them should make it into the top 12. my guess is barba will stay another week because she has gotten so much press lately. She is quite full of herself and showed her immaturity tonight.

Lakisha's skirt was too short.

My guess is haley and leslie are gone next week. Go Doolittle!!

ETA, anyone think that Gina's dress really didn't work for her? I was thinking prom...

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 12:45:07 AM
Author: TravelingGal
If ya got black, ya can talk smack! The white girls stunk. None of them should make it into the top 12. my guess is barba will stay another week because she has gotten so much press lately. She is quite full of herself and showed her immaturity tonight.

Lakisha's skirt was too short.

My guess is haley and leslie are gone next week. Go Doolittle!!

ETA, anyone think that Gina's dress really didn't work for her? I was thinking prom...
Absolutely!!!

Loving Doolittle, Lakisha was great too!!!

A couple other girls were quite good but it will be hard to compete with the power of Lakisha and Doolittle.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, can there be anyone better than Doolittle? I just love her, her voice is amazing!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on Doolittle and Lakisha. Overall, save a few, the weak girls were better than the boys.

Antondeafanella has got to go. I can''t believe she sassed Simon regarding Jennifer Hudson. Pass the crack pipe. Girl has no talent.

I''m at a bit of a loss this year. Last year Elliot from hometown Richmond. Chris from my other hometown Greensboro (well small town just outside) - Bucky, Kellie from NC. Chris still lives just outside Greensboro in a new suburban development. He still plays w/ his band for various charities around town. I''ve got no homies this year.

Where is Doolittle from?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2007 9:18:42 AM
Author: fire&ice
Ditto on Doolittle and Lakisha. Overall, save a few, the weak girls were better than the boys.

Antondeafanella has got to go. I can''t believe she sassed Simon regarding Jennifer Hudson. Pass the crack pipe. Girl has no talent.

I''m at a bit of a loss this year. Last year Elliot from hometown Richmond. Chris from my other hometown Greensboro (well small town just outside) - Bucky, Kellie from NC. Chris still lives just outside Greensboro in a new suburban development. He still plays w/ his band for various charities around town. I''ve got no homies this year.

Where is Doolittle from?
Brentwood, TN

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Where is Doolittle from?
i thought someone this year was from nc? timberlakeguy?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I''m just stunned, stunned I say. I just checked the Dial Idol site and I can''t believe who they say is going home tonight from the girls. I want to throw up. I hate that "vote for the worst" group. Waaaaaaa!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
barba has GOT to GO! she has nerve comparing herself to jennifer hudson

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m not checking the dial idol site...but i would not be surprised if alaina and antonella stay another week, even though they are downright BAD
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I totally didn''t love it last night!

I thought the girls would be faboo, instead...really, they were kinda meh.

Dolittle was very good. Her lack of neck and big face were not as distracting this week.

Lakisha - I puffy heart her. Although I do agree with Simon on the outfit. Stipper shoes and super short skirts are not flattering on most women...

Um. Queen of the night chickie-do-da...Lots of screaming. Just didn''t like it all.

Dog walker chick - she was alright. very different kind of voice. Don''t mind her, actually.

Jordin - thought she was super "pitchy" but hey, what do I know.

Sabrina - good. not great.

Alaina - Feh and meh all rolled into one big piece of blah. I actually fastforwarded though part of her performance.

Antonedeafenella - Holy bad batman. Bad bad bad. BAD! YUCK! She butchered that song. And I just find her so yucktacular. and dirty. and *eeek*

Stephanie - eh. I''m sure she sang.

Who else am I forgetting?

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lakesha sang really well last night, but looked like a pumpkin. Simon was dead on when he said it was distracting.

Stephanie, wow was she great.

Sabrina didn''t hit her final note, but otherwise a great performance.

Melinda, she''s just the "it" girl for me this season, classy, talented and humble, WOW!

Antonyuck, well that sums it up.

Alaina had no business trying to sing that song, it was a tragedy. She''s cute and seems sweet but is just plain out of her league.

Gina''s dress didn''t so much as say prom to me as it said "I''m TOO TIGHT!!" It looked like it was pulling over her stomach. Silk shows everything, the stylist should have thought of that.

Haley was just an absloute mess.

Dog walker, she just seems to be not taking her meds or something. She''s just too strange for me.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the guys a lot better than the girls this week. the girls were boring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw man ... usually I see eyetoeye with Simon ... but last night?? I thought he was smokin'' keeerack. However, now that I read all of your recaps ... hmmmm.

This is gonna be a weird season for me. I HATE DOOLITTLE. I thought she SUCKED last night & nearly F.F.''d her song but MADE myself watch it ''cause I knew some of you peeps like her ... every Cartoon Lioness inch of her.
14.gif
Oh, and I think the meek little o''l "what? I''m good?" routine is CALCULATED AND AS REHEARSED AS HER BOOK OF FASHION CHOICES by um ... her PERSONAL STYLIST???? She looked & sounded "old" to me & I tuned out before she hit any of the glory notes ... and, I''ll admit, she hit them & it picked up speed toward the end but I just don''t dig it or her. I''m cynical. Get over it.
3.gif

1. LAKISHA - she could win. That girl is like a baby Aretha. She''s low-key & kinda overwhelmed looking BEFORE she sings and then has a different personality ON STAGE. She just blossoms, comes to life right in front of us. She makes us all believe. She PULLS ME INTO the song in a way no other performer this season does. That''s why I think she''s the one. DH was saying she might flounder on Country Night or Big Band or something -- but Ruben & Fantasia were both R&B type-voices and they found a way to make it work with their very different vibes ... I think she can too. I KNOW she can. Without an aw-shucks grin OR a personal stylist.
2.gif

2. SABRINA - I hope she doesn''t go home ... I think she''s really really good.

3. GILLIGAN (dum diddle dum ... dooofus-little)

4. JORDIN - eh, okay ... she stumbled on the big "Christina A" note in the song -- but she LOOKED adorable. I LOVE her figure! I wanna look like HER (or myself at 20 - ha!)

5. GINA - Not as good as Carrie was on the same song 2 season ago ... but okay. I agree about the dress ... didn''t work WITH that song ... like a cheap cocktail dress from MANDEES?? And too tight ... I think she wanted to look "pretty" rather than "edgy" -- and had toned down the makeup too but ...ummmmm ... no lookie good.

ALL YOU OTHER WHITE CHICKS & YES I''M TALKING TO YOU TOO "BEYONCE" --- M
14.gif
E
14.gif
H
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still have a few more girls to watch on Tivo tonite but so far i BIG puffy heart Doolittle, she was ROCKIN last nite. I replayed her song for Greg to hear and he was like WOW. I thought she totally outsang Lakisha...and I loved her choice of song. I think she IS more of an old soul...she''s not trying to play on looks like some of the other girls are, she is there to sing. And I LOVE her humble attitude and I think Simon is spot on with her. Lakisha sounded really great and I loved that TOP but the short skirt and hooker cheetah heels have to GO. Her voice is so fabulous she does not need to dress like that to try to win over the male vote. Stephanie, I thought she was wonderful as well, I really love her...she reminds me of a cross between Alicia Keys and Jill Scott with her smoky low voice and I love both those gals so if she ever put a CD out I''m sure I''d love her too.

The rest that I have seen so far are just meh..I don''t even really remember them. I think I still have Haley and Sabrina to watch. Oh and Barba has to go too. She really has some ego...when she was singing all off key and warbly Greg turned around in his chair and was like ''oh my god''...haha. But yeah if she has vote for the worst behind her she might stay again which sucks.

Is anyone voting yet? Not me...I don''t really feel it til they are down to the top 12 typically...but my three faves for girls right now are Stephanie, Lakisha and Doolittle and I don''t really care who else makes it as long as they do, keeping fingers crossed!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay...i didn''t think doolittle ''sucked'' but i totally agree with deco''s impression of her ''act''. i think her little ''oh me?...good?...*flutter eyelash flutter eyelash*...'' is totally a scam!
whew! i totally feel better that someone else noticed it because i felt guilty even thinking it...but yeah....that is exactly what i was thinking! i mean really...innocent little homegirls don''t have personal assistants to assist them in every move! hello!
37.gif

but...she can sing well.

but...lakesha sings better
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
deco, i have to sorta agree about doolittle. there is just something icky about her with me. and i totally didn''t get the personal stylist plug. wierd.
i love love love lakisha. she''s got a great rich voice. love that.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well I LOVED dolittle last night fake humble act or not the girl can sing, she was my favorite and most of america''s too according to dialidol for last night''s show.

2) Lakisha a close second. She''s pretty darn amazing herself.

3) stephanie was #3 for me, i thought she looked beautiful and loved her on the song

4) Sabrina (liked her better last week) and Jordin (adorable and I hope she sticks around too

5) all the rest..just don''t like any of them. Gina is ok, but the rest
14.gif
oh and antondeafella...you''re no Jennifer Hudson...

I think Haley and the dog walker will say so long tonight..

guys: Nick and maybe Brandon??

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, it DID occur to me last night that doolittle''s humility was an act. If it is, she is fooling most of America, so I have to give her kudos as an actress! I think she will continue with the humility because it''s obviously getting her somewhere. And she CAN sing, IMO, and is very polished doing it!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 9:32:31 AM
Author: belle

Where is Doolittle from?
i thought someone this year was from nc? timberlakeguy?
Yeah, I forgot - the timbelake guy is from Chesapeake, VA. Thanks! At least I have some connection.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results