shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a beautiful piece of jewelry to purchase...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea
wouldn't @missy look fabouse in a rope of pearls
i bet she could get very nice ones for $20K

Thanks Daisy. I definitely wore pearls in the past and loved them too. Right now though I am not wearing the ones I do have and I have some gorgeous pearls. Maybe one day I will go back to wearing them. And my watches too. So much bling I love but that goes unworn.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this idea! Totally going to poll PS for my next major purchase.

What about a sister opal to your glorious ring?

https://etsy.me/37NRixp

CB321B14-589E-46B5-96E3-9D45A23C55E2.jpeg

Delish. But I do not believe I can find a match to my glorious ring. If I could and could afford it perhaps...I love red in my opals so much. That is, however, a super pretty necklace. Thanks for linking it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oakgem has a great selection of new and Estate pieces. Beladora has some also.

I also looked for Verdura Estate and not much out there--mostly sold!!!

Thank you Sharon! I hate it when I see sold pieces I covet and could've afforded lol. But I am going to search the site anyway because you never know and thank you for linking it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently discovered the world of gem quality pearls and am now an addict. A whole new realm of ways to spend money lol.

Fancy Tahitians are gorgeous and so many stunning colors that shift with the light.

Here is shale modeling a gold south sea and Akoya necklace 3EEF0F95-6D5E-40FC-8C99-1B8AD1783FD0.jpeg

I never liked pearls until I saw the luster on gem grade ones

2E54BE47-F4CA-4A93-AB86-EBAB2F909BA1.jpeg

Hahaha Shale is the best model. No one could hope to wear pearls as good as Shale does. Wow. That is one stylin kitty. :love: Thanks MTG. And congrats on your new found love of pearls. I hear you on finding new ways to spend money.:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now we have a side project!
You have to get a peridot ring
its such a pretty colour
I have a silver 'tank style' peridot ring waiting to be resized

Oh please share when your ring is resized. I have a lovely antique peridot pin I was given decades ago and recently I have a new found love of peridot. It is such a lovely and different shade of green.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone who chimed in and shared thoughts with me. I so appreciate you taking the time and energy. I am back to thinking I want a version of this. But alas my budget won't get me the size I desire. But maybe I can get something nice in a smaller size that is still impactful? I did reach out to the vendor weeks ago (months? time is flying by so quickly) but haven't heard back so might email again. I don't want to be a bother especially now during the holidays. They really crept up on us the holidays. At least for me.

My dream earrings. And while I do not need more earrings if I could get something like this maybe it would be worth another pair.

gracedrops.jpg

Swoon!
Or I can just save up for 20 years and get these exact earrings. Do you think they will still be available in 20 years? Do you think my earlobes would still be able to hold them in 20 years? :lol: #saggingisreal #youngearlobesonly

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my! Those earrings are delicious! I honestly couldn’t decide if I were you...too many gorgeous options with your budget. Knowing you and your love of earrings, I’d probably try to find a version of the ones above. For $20K, I’ll bet you can find something pretty amazing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! Those earrings are delicious! I honestly couldn’t decide if I were you...too many gorgeous options with your budget. Knowing you and your love of earrings, I’d probably try to find a version of the ones above. For $20K, I’ll bet you can find something pretty amazing!

I’m so not in a rush. There’s nothing burning inside me saying I have to have it. And the longer I wait the more $$$ for bling so there’s that...

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:What a lovely question/dilemma to ponder..
I think you said no to this upthread.. but I would get a fancy watch.
36mm Rolex. Just my 2cents. :D
Enjoy the search!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have beautiful hair. How about some diamond barettes or hair clips?
66B43913-267E-40B4-8C62-AF3E54A50956.jpeg

Piggy backing off this suggestion - I saw a very pretty clip at a jeweler’s once which was a WG and pave diamond clip with a large cabochon sapphire in it, that could also be worn as a brooch. It was gorgeous! Maybe that could be something to consider??

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I could afford it this would be mine
8694DF4A-FEB2-43EC-94BA-1A477A3C761F.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2:What a lovely question/dilemma to ponder..
I think you said no to this upthread.. but I would get a fancy watch.
36mm Rolex. Just my 2cents. :D
Enjoy the search!

Thanks but I love the Rolex I have and don't wear that (or any watch) right now. It is a good question to ponder and one I am enjoying. Thank you for sharing in my quest @Rubies-R-Me. XO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you sell anything to be able to reach those earrings sooner?

No I don't think so. I don't have anything I would want to sell right now. Good suggestion though. Hmmm wait, I would consider selling Gracie or Oliver... :lol:

JK!
I think. :shifty::shhh:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Ok I'm working on figuring out the copy paste thing lol on my phone. But basically, I can see you in a larger scale retro wedding set! And maybe it's on your right hand! I'm not sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I could afford it this would be mine
8694DF4A-FEB2-43EC-94BA-1A477A3C761F.jpeg

Piggy backing off this suggestion - I saw a very pretty clip at a jeweler’s once which was a WG and pave diamond clip with a large cabochon sapphire in it, that could also be worn as a brooch. It was gorgeous! Maybe that could be something to consider??

Love these ideas thank you. But my hair is too thin these days so really all I do is wear it in a ponytail for the most part. Maybe this would work on wigs if I ever can figure out how to wear those easily. LOL. Thanks for the suggestions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'm working on figuring out the copy paste thing lol on my phone. But basically, I can see you in a larger scale retro wedding set! And maybe it's on your right hand! I'm not sure.

Ooh so pretty! Thank you. XO.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone who chimed in and shared thoughts with me. I so appreciate you taking the time and energy. I am back to thinking I want a version of this. But alas my budget won't get me the size I desire. But maybe I can get something nice in a smaller size that is still impactful? I did reach out to the vendor weeks ago (months? time is flying by so quickly) but haven't heard back so might email again. I don't want to be a bother especially now during the holidays. They really crept up on us the holidays. At least for me.

My dream earrings. And while I do not need more earrings if I could get something like this maybe it would be worth another pair.

gracedrops.jpg

Swoon!
Or I can just save up for 20 years and get these exact earrings. Do you think they will still be available in 20 years? Do you think my earlobes would still be able to hold them in 20 years? :lol: #saggingisreal #youngearlobesonly

Yes !
Have you seen the earings the Queen wears ? 34E32D9100000578-3641671-image-a-173_1465938350981.jpg not her everyday 'pearl uniform' ones but those big heavy looking sparklers she breaks out for State dinners
You can do it missy

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any greens? You could get this and a ring to match...

* I know you're not really looking for this but it's peridot and so pretty!

Last edited:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @SallyBrown. I don't remember what threads I have of my bling but for these 3 threads. The rest might be scattered within threads. Here you go. Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed sharing.

Bubbalah.

I think most or at least many of my earrings are within this thread.

And this thread isn't filled with great photos as it was before I got my decent phone but at the end maybe there might be some better photos of my Cartier Black Opal.

Ooh, I’ve never your original thread on Bubbalah. What a beautiful tribute to your grandma and Greg! Bubbalah is hands down the most beautiful diamond I’ve seen on PS. Her pastel flashes get me every time!

Your dangle earrings are all gorgeous. My favorite is the pair from @athenaworth!

Your dad has great taste. That ‘72 opal ring is TDF!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection, @missy. :kiss2:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Cowabunga, those earrings are so beautiful and HUGE! I bet you would rock them regardless of the condition of your earlobes! But you take such good care of yourself, I doubt this will be a problem.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Daisy. I definitely wore pearls in the past and loved them too. Right now though I am not wearing the ones I do have and I have some gorgeous pearls. Maybe one day I will go back to wearing them. And my watches too. So much bling I love but that goes unworn.

For one, I'd love to see your pearls.

I wore my pearls yesterday. With my sweatshirt and went no where.:lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow !:appl:
I want that brooch
I think we have desided peridot is a worthy side project ! :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I’ve never your original thread on Bubbalah. What a beautiful tribute to your grandma and Greg! Bubbalah is hands down the most beautiful diamond I’ve seen on PS. Her pastel flashes get me every time!

Your dangle earrings are all gorgeous. My favorite is the pair from @athenaworth!

Your dad has great taste. That ‘72 opal ring is TDF!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful collection, @missy. :kiss2:

Thank you kindly @SallyBrown.

Cowabunga, those earrings are so beautiful and HUGE! I bet you would rock them regardless of the condition of your earlobes! But you take such good care of yourself, I doubt this will be a problem.

Aww thanks, if only. I don't even know what they weigh as I had them on for just a short time. Most likely they would be too heavy for me so maybe getting a smaller and lighter pair would be the best option. And one I can more easily afford. :)

For one, I'd love to see your pearls.

I wore my pearls yesterday. With my sweatshirt and went no where.:lol-2:

Dear Sharon, you can rock pearls anywhere, anytime. You have classic and elegant taste and it shows. No one can do pearls with a sweatshirt like you. Of that I am sure. :love: All my pearls are in our Brooklyn home. I am sad to say I haven't looked at them for a very long time and when I do go back and have some time I will go through everything and sort them out and see what needs repair because IIRC pearls need to be restrung every so often and I cannot remember the last time I wore any of my pearls let alone the strand my grandparents gave me. The clasp of the strand they gave me is stunning if I am remembering correctly. I think it was their graduation gift to me. In the eighties so we are talking a long time ago. But I digress. Thank you for the trip down memory lane. I hope to wear those pearls when we get back home. I have a new found appreciation for them for sure. XO.

I think we have desided peridot is a worthy side project ! :mrgreen2:

Hahaha indeed. And it is peridotliciious. :love:
Thank you @ItsMainelyYou and @Daisys and Diamonds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes !
Have you seen the earings the Queen wears ? 34E32D9100000578-3641671-image-a-173_1465938350981.jpg not her everyday 'pearl uniform' ones but those big heavy looking sparklers she breaks out for State dinners
You can do it missy

Thank you dear Daisy.
I can only hope to grow old as with much grace and elegance as the Queen.

@missy i had a thought, if your holy grail earrings are too expensive because of the size (I think you posted these elsewhere and said they were like 5ct rounds each?) would you be open to getting a different shape? I would imagine a 2-2.5ct pear for example would look visually the same length as a 5ct round. It may probably still be at least a little over budget but more in the same ballpark, at least!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy i had a thought, if your holy grail earrings are too expensive because of the size (I think you posted these elsewhere and said they were like 5ct rounds each?) would you be open to getting a different shape? I would imagine a 2-2.5ct pear for example would look visually the same length as a 5ct round. It may probably still be at least a little over budget but more in the same ballpark, at least!

I think old cut round is what I would like best but am open if something amazing comes my way. I don't want to engage in custom so it would have to be an already completed piece. Though I would consider custom from the specific vendor who owns the pair I covet. Since that vendor is crazy busy right now I am not contacting them again this year. I will wait til all the holiday madness is over and perhaps reach out again next year. Though things might change between now and then so you never know.

Thanks for all your thoughts @AllAboardTheBlingTrain. Appreciate it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am sad to say I haven't looked at them for a very long time and when I do go back and have some time I will go through everything and sort them out and see what needs repair because IIRC pearls need to be restrung every so often and I cannot remember the last time I wore any of my pearls let alone the strand my grandparents gave me.

Sorry for going off-topic but I have quite a few pearl strands and hate bothering with re-stringing. I plan to have mine re-strung on PowerPro (it's like fishing line so doesn't get dirty etc. like silk thread does). AND with "invisible" or "mystery" clasps, where there's a screw mechanism drilled into the two end pearls instead of using a traditional clasp. That eliminates the "gimp" which tends to get discolored and crumble over time. That way, I don't think I'll have to bother with re-stringing any more. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results