shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find a beautiful piece of jewelry to purchase...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about...you save up, maybe sell a few pieces that you aren't wearing, don't want to pass on, and reach out to the seller of those earrings. They know the buyer and maybe, just maybe (like bubbalah) they may be interested in selling them. People change their minds all the time (heck, we see it here frequently). If the buyer knows someone is interested, that might be all it takes.

Orrrrr, reach out to that Adam dude at OWD everyone talks about and set the criteria. Could take a while but you could start the ball rolling?

All of the jewellery suggestions are beautiful but after seeing those earrings and watching your style, I think you'll still be wanting them if you purchase a different piece. Save those funds and get the dang earrings.

Thanks @Begonia. I have reached out to Adam about 6 weeks (or more) ago but so far he doesn’t have anything fitting my criteria though my criteria has changed. But being the busy time of year I’ll reach out again when it’s quieted down. As for the vendor who has the earrings I covet I can’t imagine asking them to come down in price. It’s their business so I don’t feel comfortable offering less.

I agree with you. I’m not going to settle. That’s always my advice to others snd I follow it also. Appreciate your helpful input! How are you feeling? Has that health issue been resolved for you? I hope so. XO.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Begonia. I have reached out to Adam about 6 weeks (or more) ago but so far he doesn’t have anything fitting my criteria though my criteria has changed. But being the busy time of year I’ll reach out again when it’s quieted down. As for the vendor who has the earrings I covet I can’t imagine asking them to come down in price. It’s their business so I don’t feel comfortable offering less.

I agree with you. I’m not going to settle. That’s always my advice to others snd I follow it also. Appreciate your helpful input! How are you feeling? Has that health issue been resolved for you? I hope so. XO

After Xmas things will settle down, and more inventory will become available. Specialty diamonds like these take time, as I've learned on PS :)

Thanks missy! Waiting on a CT of my kidneys but I'm not in pain with them and no hematuria so hoping it was a minor issue. Gotta follow it all the way though. After Xmas, let's talk osteoporosis again. I'm not on meds and doc wants me to try Fosamax again. I had some frightening side effects, and I'll need to pursue options.

Hope you and Greg are doing ok health wise? Is his resolving? I saw there was a gallbladder issue (i believe)?

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After Xmas things will settle down, and more inventory will become available. Specialty diamonds like these take time, as I've learned on PS :)

Thanks missy! Waiting on a CT of my kidneys but I'm not in pain with them and no hematuria so hoping it was a minor issue. Gotta follow it all the way though. After Xmas, let's talk osteoporosis again. I'm not on meds and doc wants me to try Fosamax again. I had some frightening side effects, and I'll need to pursue options.

Hope you and Greg are doing ok health wise? Is his resolving? I saw there was a gallbladder issue (i believe)?

@Begonia sending you continued good wishes.

As for us- It’s too long to go into here re health issues. We’re working on it.

PS as for OP I started HRT. Not sure what the best decision is but I decided if it could help it’s worth the risk. I hope I don’t regret it. I’ll update the OP thread after I have been on it for longer.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha great minds! Yesterday I found these and showed them to my DH. He was like get it if I love them. I like them but don't love them.

I am seriously in love with a pair from another vendor that is more than double my budget. Greg said if I really love those earrings I should get them if I think they would satiate me. The problem is I don't know if they would satiate me. I am very stressed and anxious about my DH's health and might just be buying something to try easing that anxiety. That is no bueno because ultimately that won't alleviate any anxiety and might add to it. T spend over 30K (34K) on earrings when I have so many earrings I already adore seems crazy and wasteful and ludicrous so I am not doing anything right now. I am waiting and watching.

I feel comfortable spending my budget and not more than double my budget even though my DH gave me the go ahead. I am not ready to do that.

Thanks for all the suggestions and please keep sharing any ideas. All are much appreciated! You never know when something will strike me as I must have it.

I get it. We’ll have to find you a different distraction @missy.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Haha great minds! Yesterday I found these and showed them to my DH. He was like get it if I love them. I like them but don't love them.

I am seriously in love with a pair from another vendor that is more than double my budget. Greg said if I really love those earrings I should get them if I think they would satiate me. The problem is I don't know if they would satiate me. I am very stressed and anxious about my DH's health and might just be buying something to try easing that anxiety. That is no bueno because ultimately that won't alleviate any anxiety and might add to it. T spend over 30K (34K) on earrings when I have so many earrings I already adore seems crazy and wasteful and ludicrous so I am not doing anything right now. I am waiting and watching.

I feel comfortable spending my budget and not more than double my budget even though my DH gave me the go ahead. I am not ready to do that.

Thanks for all the suggestions and please keep sharing any ideas. All are much appreciated! You never know when something will strike me as I must have it.

Oh missy I completely get this. I have PTSD from losing my dog and the pregnancy. Currently I am in therapy. Everyday is a challenge. Good thing for IG. I can lust over stuff mainly rose cut diamonds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh missy I completely get this. I have PTSD from losing my dog and the pregnancy. Currently I am in therapy. Everyday is a challenge. Good thing for IG. I can lust over stuff mainly rose cut diamonds.

@joelly I am so sorry.
((((Hugs)))).

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy I would be tempted down the colored stone ring route. Only because thinking back I seem to remember you have less rings. Or are you decided on earrings? - I’ve skimmed the thread and couldn’t see that you are but there haven’t been any other suggestions for a while. What are your favourite colors?
Vintage and big the main criteria? I think maybe getting something fabulous and big and the best example of its type might scratch an itch and give you a little more rainbow in your (jewelry) life.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy I would be tempted down the colored stone ring route. Only because thinking back I seem to remember you have less rings. Or are you decided on earrings? - I’ve skimmed the thread and couldn’t see that you are but there haven’t been any other suggestions for a while. What are your favourite colors?
Vintage and big the main criteria? I think maybe getting something fabulous and big and the best example of its type might scratch an itch and give you a little more rainbow in your (jewelry) life.

Thanks for chiming in @meely. I love color and I love colored gemstones.

Rings pose a comfort issue for me because my fingers have arthritis and they swell and in the warm weather make it very hard to wear rings and in the cold weather same due to Chilblains accompanying Raynauds. So I think, as much as I love rings and colored gems, I should pass on that option since comfort is #1 for me.

I know this is a first world problem and I have so much jewelry I need absolutely zero additions, but (if I get anything) I am leaning towards earrings. But they have to be different than what I already own. And I already own so many pairs of earrings. I am leaning towards a very short drop with a single OEC dangling just below the lobe. But I loathe to go custom as I haven't had much success the custom route so I am waiting and stalking some of my favorite sellers haha.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for chiming in @meely. I love color and I love colored gemstones.

Rings pose a comfort issue for me because my fingers have arthritis and they swell and in the warm weather make it very hard to wear rings and in the cold weather same due to Chilblains accompanying Raynauds. So I think, as much as I love rings and colored gems, I should pass on that option since comfort is #1 for me.

I know this is a first world problem and I have so much jewelry I need absolutely zero additions, but (if I get anything) I am leaning towards earrings. But they have to be different than what I already own. And I already own so many pairs of earrings. I am leaning towards a very short drop with a single OEC dangling just below the lobe. But I loathe to go custom as I haven't had much success the custom route so I am waiting and stalking some of my favorite sellers haha.

Ah got you, well sounds like you have narrowed down your options since the start of this thread at least! I don’t think I will be any help searching for something that specific but I am looking forward to seeing what you end with!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Maybe a bracelet, then?

Now I'm wondering now why I don't have more bracelets. What I don't like about earrings and necklaces is that you can't see them when you wear them. You can see bracelets and they also have more leeway re size variations than rings do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe a bracelet, then?

Now I'm wondering now why I don't have more bracelets. What I don't like about earrings and necklaces is that you can't see them when you wear them. You can see bracelets and they also have more leeway re size variations than rings do.

Yeah I am not a bracelet person. I love the antique diamond bangle I already have but all the tennis bracelets I own I never ever wear. Those are going to my nieces one day. And come to think of it I cannot remember the last time I wore my bangle bracelet. But I also have a Rolex and Cartier tank among other gorgeous watches I never wear. I really am a minimalist at heart when it comes to jewelry. So don't ask me why I have so many pieces. And want more. :doh:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, jewelry is way too delicious to ever stop getting more of!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I decided I am not a necklace person and by waiting all this time I have more funds I can play with for my dream bling piece. But I still am not sure what I want. I mean I sort of know but I do not want to do custom as I have never had a successful custom piece. I want (I think) something just like Grace's Thelma and Louise earrings but within my budget so I am waiting and looking and waiting and looking and it doesn't suck. I love the anticipation and the search. I would love to find these earrings sooner vs later but being realistic I think I will have to be patient. Thanks for asking and I hope all your bling dreams are being realized.

For those who don't know may I present Thelma and Louise. Swoon!

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 9.04.35 AM.png

Sorry for the blurriness. I took it from a video.

@missy I hope you find a pair just like them..They’re gorgeous..What are their dimensions...I know they are old cuts so I guess you can’t go by carat size...They look HUGE! :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@joelly I’m sooo sorry...My heart goes out to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I hope you find a pair just like them..They’re gorgeous..What are their dimensions...I know they are old cuts so I guess you can’t go by carat size...They look HUGE! :kiss2:

11.05 - 11.40 x 6.74 mm
11.17 - 11.26 x 6.94 mm

:)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.05 - 11.40 x 6.74 mm
11.17 - 11.26 x 6.94 mm

:)

Haha! I thought you would say an approximate mm..I laughed when I saw you had the exact measurements! They are huge!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I thought you would say an approximate mm..I laughed when I saw you had the exact measurements! They are huge!

I am nothing if not accurate.
:lol:

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree about considering selling items that you would look to be “roadblocks” to getting what you truly desire. Also, the idea that “things change all the time,” as mentioned earlier in the thread is quite true! Expressing interest is different than low-balling. You never know!

Until then, I present a tiara as an option!
I don’t think it’s as big and blingtastic as you are looking for, though!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So probably many of you already know this as I posted about it when I purchased these earlier in the week. But I forgot to update this thread. I finally found my dream piece.
Drumroll please....

Presenting Mary Ann and Ginger!

maryannandgingerfirstday.jpg
4.52CTW EDWARDIAN OLD EUROPEAN DIAMOND EARRINGS, GIA K VVS2

I have to take photos. Mary Ann and Ginger arrived mid afternoon yesterday and we had to dash off as soon as they were delivered.
I took a few pics yesterday but we were losing light fast and today is very dark and rainy.

But I wanted to update this thread and thank everyone who participated and shared amazing ideas. Thank you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So probably many of you already know this as I posted about it when I phrased these earlier in the week. But I forgot to update this thread. I finally found my dream piece.
Drumroll please....

I have to take photos. Mary Ann and Ginger arrived mid afternoon yesterday and we had to dash off as soon as they were delivered.
I took a few pics yesterday but we were losing light fast and today is very dark and rainy.

But I wanted to update this thread and thank everyone who participated and shared amazing ideas. Thank you!

Ear shots please? Thanks in advance!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So probably many of you already know this as I posted about it when I purchased these earlier in the week. But I forgot to update this thread. I finally found my dream piece.
Drumroll please....

Just sheer perfection!!! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ear shots please? Thanks in advance!

OK! I am going to start a thread but I will share the few photos I have at the moment taken in a mad dash yesterday lol.

Ginger on my ear

gingeronmyear.png

Mary Ann on my ear

maryannonmyearkitchen.png

Earring selfies are challenging. :)

And a perspective shot by Greg.

maryannperspectiveshotoutside.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK! I am going to start a thread but I will share the few photos I have at the moment taken in a mad dash yesterday lol.

Ginger on my ear

gingeronmyear.png

Mary Ann on my ear

THANK YOU!

I don't know how, however, I missed your post(s) about your new earrings, DOH!!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Drumroll please....

Ginger on my ear

gingeronmyear.png

Mary Ann on my ear

Simply magnificent. They look fantastic on you. They definitely deserve their own thread :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I’ve been wondering what you were getting when you mentioned a new purchase on my “nutty” thread lol. Have you done the SMTB thread yet for these???

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I’ve been wondering what you were getting when you mentioned a new purchase on my “nutty” thread lol. Have you done the SMTB thread yet for these???

Thanks so much @Mreader. Not yet. I haven’t had time (or energy) to take proper photos but for the few I shared in my above post. I’ll let you know when I do start a SMTB thread.

Have you decided what you’re doing with Chippy?

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ginger on my ear

gingeronmyear.png

Mary Ann on my ear

Love these!! Wow, the size is just perfect on your ears--just a small amount of lobe showing, like you wanted! Love the smile as Greg took the pic. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results