shape
carat
color
clarity

1972 Cartier Black Opal

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy that is a Beautiful Opal !! :love:. My wife loves Opal too but I'm too chicken to buy her one, b/c I know nothing about Opals. :(sad

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy that is a Beautiful Opal !! :love:. My wife loves Opal too but I'm too chicken to buy her one, b/c I know nothing about Opals. :(sad
DF, you’ve laid down the challenge - we have a resident expert or two (many in fact!) who’d be delighted to help, I’m sure. Consider your cash spent!

Scandinavian

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well if you don’t wear it, you know it’s always welcomed to holiday with me LOL.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Dancing Fire! I think your wife would look amazing wearing an opal (pendant perhaps-easier to wear) and I know @jordyonbass would be thrilled to help you find just the right one to surprise her. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well if you don’t wear it, you know it’s always welcomed to holiday with me LOL.
Haha you're on...next time you visit me you can enjoy it. I trust you. :halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous Missy! I could stare at that opal for hours. Your dad must have passed along the jewelry loving gene! It looks beautiful on you sweet Missy.
Thank you dear @bling_dream19. I definitely got my love of jewels from him (and his taste is exquisite) and while my mom loves jewelry too he is the one who set the example.

Gorgeous!!
Thank you @msop04!

Such a gorgeous piece!
Thank you!

I remember seeing you post a photo of this ring awhile back and I though it was so magnificent that the image has stayed with me. Thanks for posting more photos of it! It truly is a ring for the ages! Absolute perfection! The opal looks lovely with your skin tone too. Wear and enjoy!
Thank you so much @RunningwithScissors!
Very kind of you to say.

I love this ring
And i love it's story
i love that your mom and dad gave it to you so they can see your love for it
Aww @Daisys and Diamonds thank you. Yes this ring means more to me than I can say. It is hands down the most sentimental piece of jewelry I own. A piece I will never trade in or sell.

I absolutely love the story behind this ring :kiss2:
Thank you @Dandi <3

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.