shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear vs White Asscher for RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku, knowing that this is happening, won''t DBL hold it for a day or two?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 7:50:17 PM
Author: Mara
Apparently, David won''t hold a piece ( at least for me) until my wire transfer to him has cleared.
38.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 7:54:59 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 7/7/2006 7:50:17 PM
Author: Mara
Apparently, David won''t hold a piece ( at least for me) until my wire transfer to him has cleared.
38.gif

well that sucks!!! i mean if he knows it''s coming, i don''t see why not.
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That does suck.
38.gif

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Isaku,

I''m sending you PINK SPARKLY PEAR VIBES!!! That stunner of a ring is YOURS!!!

Good Luck!

Aussiegirl : p

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 10:37:50 PM
Author: aussiegirl23
Isaku,

I''m sending you PINK SPARKLY PEAR VIBES!!! That stunner of a ring is YOURS!!!

Good Luck!

Aussiegirl : p
Thanks for the pink pear vibes, aussiegirl.
35.gif
I hope you''re right about it being mine!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to offend or be a nay sayer, but I think the pink looks costumey. I love the setting for the asscher that you posted, and so I would go with that one...more wearable for the long haul, in my opinion...

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 1:04:30 AM
Author: diamondfan
not to offend or be a nay sayer, but I think the pink looks costumey. I love the setting for the asscher that you posted, and so I would go with that one...more wearable for the long haul, in my opinion...
Thanks for weighing in on this, diamondfan.
35.gif

Truthfully, I''m at the point where I think a cruise to Tahiti and NO RING would be my best choice.
9.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Clarification: The 2.26 asscher is gorgeous, but to find a competent bench person to set it was a whole different problem. I couldn''t find anyone other than DK who does that type of setting and then only with HIS ASSCHERS and an 8 -10 week timeframe.

When SquareCut mentioned that Jack the Jeweler would set the 2.26 in a DK setting, I almost jumped at that chance, but then the wise mrssalvo linked me to info that Jack was up to no good- appearance in court for assorted illegal charges, I quickly changed my mind.

Enter ''The Pink Panther" as an alternative and you''re all caught up.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the pink looks costumey.
IMO - It''s practically invisible ... pinky/peachy skin tone. On the hand it looks like you''re kinda just seeing "the halo" and looking through the halo''s opening at skin beneath.
23.gif
Hopefully not the case in person.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 3:37:00 PM
Author: decodelighted

I think the pink looks costumey.
IMO - It''s practically invisible ... pinky/peachy skin tone. On the hand it looks like you''re kinda just seeing ''the halo'' and looking through the halo''s opening at skin beneath.
23.gif
Hopefully not the case in person.
Decodelighted.....Not sure I get your drift????? Too pale to be considered fake????
33.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d have a problem with them not holding the ring for you until you can get to the bank to do the wire, assuming we are talking a couple of days. What about the return policy if you don''t love the ring in person? Not sure what happened about that.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
No return policy either.
14.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Really? There''s no return policy? It says so on the link for the pear.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 5:37:48 PM
Author: Snooper
Really? There''s no return policy? It says so on the link for the pear.
I know that , Snooper, but I think David has "issues" with me, and maybe rightly so. I won''t bore you with details, but it involved a ring I had ordered and then had to cancel due to my DH''s heart attack and anticipated medical bills. I cancelled within the 7 day return time, but during that time, he had already paid his supplier and then had to refund the CC charges to me. Maybe he''s afraid a similar situation will occur again.

So the agreement I made with him regarding the pink pear ring is that I would pay by bank wire, not seek a refund under any circumstances and the ring wouldn''t be considered sold until my bank wire cleared.

Am I crazy to go ahead with this?????

Is this worse than trusting someone whose workmanship I''ve never seen put a step-cut halo around the 2.26 asscher???

As I said previously, that Tahitian cruise is starting to sound very tempting.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku,
Seriously I would not proceed with this ring. No return policy?? That''s crazy. For what ever reason. It''s a very expensive ring and should be allowed to be returned if you don''t love it. I am soooooooo sorry for your troubles. I really am. But I''d rather see you get a ring you love and can return in case you don''t. I hope that made sense.
14.gif
Lisa

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lisa. You are soooooo right about it being a very large purchase to have no refund policy in place. I don''t know how I''d be able to change his mind about that, though, other than to opt out of the "deal".

Any ideas, anyone???

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I''d never purchase anything at any price over say $100 if there is no return policy. I think it is completely fair for the customer to pay the credit card charges if he or she returns an expensive item that was charged. And pay the shipping. The vendor shouldn''t have to take a loss. But the customer should have from a 7 day to 30 day return period, no questions asked. I couldn''t shop for jewelry on the internet under any other circumstances.

No return policy...no sale. Wouldn''t even consider it if it were me.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me get this straight.

You returned something. Within the time period contractually allowed from this seller.

And because he jumped the gun and paid someone off... and therefore had to pay the penalties on his impetiousness. He''s penalizing YOU this time around?

Yeah. Not sitting well me with me. At all.

You didn''t do anything wrong-- from what you''ve told us-- the first time around. I don''t see what you should be forced to buy something so expensive without a return policy this time??? So you buy it. He gets the money. He holds on to it for 7 days. Sits on it. You either return the ring-- and he gives you the money back. Or you keep it and he gets the money free and clear. What''s the problem?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Diamondseeker.....Thanks for replying. Regarding the previous situation of cancelling my order, David didn''t ask and I didn''t offer at the time to pay CC charges; I was too distracted. In hindsight once DH had fully recovered, I should have offered to pay any and all charges he had incurred.

You and Lisa are totally correct: no return policy, no sale. I will call him on Monday. Thanks for your help.

widget

Ideal_Rock
First of all, I think any vendor has the right to alter, or "customize" his policies if he wants to, particularly if he has some sort of unfortunate 'history' with that customer. I'd be curious if DBOF or GOG would change their policies should Isaku decide to go back to one of them.

That being said, I admit that I personally would not be able to commit to such a purchase without seeing the item first.

If it were me, I'd go to NY for a look, or try to 'negotiate' for some sort of policy that would be acceptable...perhaps agree to pay a hefty "restocking fee" or "penalty" in the event that I change my mind.

Just a couple of thoughts...
widget

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 6:49:38 PM
Author: widget
First of all, I think any vendor has the right to alter, or ''customize'' his policies if he wants to, particularly if he has some sort of unfortunate ''history'' with that customer. I''d be curious if DBOF or GOG would change their policies should Isaku decide to go back to one of them.

That being said, I admit that I personally would not be able to commit to such a purchase without seeing the item first.

If it were me, I''d go to NY for a look, or try to ''negotiate'' for some sort of policy that would be acceptable...perhaps agree to pay a hefty ''restocking'' fee or ''penalty'' in the event that I change my mind.

widget

I was wondering about that, too.
40.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ordered a couple of diamonds and returned them..primarily because I didn''t know what I wanted (or didn''t want) until I saw them. One vendor subtracted shipping charges form my refund and I think the other didn''t. But regardless, I had no problem covering the vendor''s expenses. I told Jonathan that I will pay shipping for him to send me two stones next week. I''ll just feel better seeing both of them together. I can''t make a decision on something that expensive without seeing it. I don''t want him to incur any expense for me to look (I''ll pay by wire so there won''t be CC fees). I''ll return them right away and not keep them out of his inventory for long. I think that is fair to both of us. And I am sure that he''d allow me to look at others if I do not choose one of these. I just see no way to do internet jewelry business without a return policy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2006 6:54:33 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 7/8/2006 6:49:38 PM
Author: widget
First of all, I think any vendor has the right to alter, or ''customize'' his policies if he wants to, particularly if he has some sort of unfortunate ''history'' with that customer. I''d be curious if DBOF or GOG would change their policies should Isaku decide to go back to one of them.

If it were me, I''d go to NY for a look, or try to ''negotiate'' for some sort of policy that would be acceptable...perhaps agree to pay a hefty ''restocking'' fee or ''penalty'' in the event that I change my mind.

widget

I was wondering about that, too.
40.gif
I personally don''t feel that she should get another 30 days on the same stone (the asscher). That is not fair to Jonathan to tie up that stone again for so long. Hopefully she paid wire and there were no losses involved for GOG. I would think if she decided she wanted it and wired the money, they''s sell it to her, but no 30 days this time.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Widget.....Since I can''t travel to NYC, a re-stocking penalty would be a very reasonable alternative. Thanks for that idea.

As far as the 2.26 from GOG, I paid for all expenses I had incurred and Jonathan has phoned me and e-mailed me saying that if I''m ever looking for diamonds, he''ll be there to help me out. What a great guy!!!!

DBOF had the 2.19 from DK in stock, but since it wasn''t nearly as nice as the 2.26 and the finished 2.10 asscher ring looked too small on Jan''s hand, I turned it down - no charges involved here, but real resentment expressed toward me for considering the 2.26 from GOG and listening to PS''ers.

I also re-imbursed Pete at Quest for the expenses he had incurred.

And them''s the facts.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isabel, we all learn a lot from these reports, and the things you have just said explain why I am buying from Good Old Gold.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Isaku,
Widget has a point that vendors do have the right to alter policies and what not, but no return policy is not fair. I''ll jump in and add my vote to not pursue this any further. Especially with internet purchases when you won''t see the item until it''s in your possession, it is totally unfair (no matter what happened before, and for what it''s worth I don''t think you did anything wrong either) for him to reject any return opportunities should you not fall in love with the ring. Don''t do it! Take a break from searching and go for that cruise!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 5:05:11 PM
No return policy either.
14.gif
I should clarify/correct that statement; an exchange policy is acceptable, but no money back.

I just re-read all of my correspondence with David, and found that statement there. I''m sure I could find some other "goody" if the pink wasn''t up to scratch.

That "exchange only" policy might be good enough?????

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2006 6:11:46 PM
Is this worse than trusting someone whose workmanship I''ve never seen put a step-cut halo around the 2.26 asscher???

Will all due respect, have you seen the workmanship on the Pink Pear, or that vendor''s other work IN PERSON either? I wonder if the "no return" policy is just about the personal history involved -- or, perhaps, a measure based on how the piece appears in real life compared to online. Doesn''t sound like he has much confidence you''ll keep it.

I would NEVER agree to such terms no matter how badly I thought I wanted something. And the "exchange" policy doesn''t make it a whit more tempting. Especially if you haven''t previously examined the level of quality in person.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
O.K., I''m just reading the new developments now and maybe weighing in a little late. For $34,500, there is NO RETURN POLICY?
23.gif
Isaku, even if there is an exchange policy, how many diamond rings will you have to buy from DBL to total up to $34,500 (unless there is another fancy pink for that much)? This is not right. This is not going to work.

And what did you mean about DBOF expressing real resentment about your listening to PS''ers and liking the GOG stone more? I mean, if you don''t like a stone, you don''t like it. Why should a vendor be unprofessional and be resentful if you like one from another vendor more? That will not garner more business.

I think what Deco meant is that the pink diamond color looks like the skin color and therefore it looks like there is no diamond in the halo, just the skintone. I like the diamond, but don''t like it if there is no return policy.

Please put more thought into this. This is $34,500 of your HARD-EARNED MONEY.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results