shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear vs White Asscher for RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
isaku, is DBL a vendor that will ship to a near approved local independent appraiser for you to see the ring in person first? this way you could see it, pay all shipping costs to and from and then know for sure. maybe that would make the no return policy more palatable.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that there was a problem sending a stone/ring anywhere in Canada....

Oh, and apropos to nothing...that pink diamond floresces medium ORANGE!
23.gif
i''d LOVE to see that!

widget

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
lizz...If $1500. is too high for a viewing ( I think it''s overgenerous too), what about $500. + sizing and shipping???? Fair???

Diamondfan... Yes, i have spent a " ton of time " and encountered many "roadblocks and obstacles" in my search. I agree that I must see it as this represents a year''s salary for some folks.
I do think that if I pay via bank wire, that a $500. restocking charge would be okay - $300. even better. A pink asscher with halo? I''ve never seen pictures of one, but think it would cover all the bases if a setter had completed a couple before....no experimentation on my project, please.

Mara..." bling bling pale pink machine!!!!!" Love it!!! Agree that $1500. is too much to forfeit for a "viewing".

wallermama...You presented MANY valid points. I especially related to " crawling back with apologies". It appears that I''m begging him to sell me this ring and that as you said he is making me feel guilty for the previous transaction and thereby manipulating me on this one because he''s well aware of my interest.

hlmr...I agree, Mara''s advice on this topic is great. I want to "go for it", but the old saying "caveat emptor" applies well here.

FireGoddesss... my pear advocate!!! I was wondering where you were...I would want the ring sized as I have to see what it looks like as a rhr, but I will certainly heed your advice and be very careful in my negotiation.

Everyone...I seem to come across in my many posts as a spineless woman who is easy to manipulate, but IRL I''m not that way at all ( just ask DH!!!!). I have to admit to being seduced by the pink ring (because it is pink and gorgeous at least to my eyes), but thanks to the PS''ers, the seduction remains, but the negotiating has just begun!!!

As a side-note: My DH has his owned his own business for many years and when accounts are overdue, I take it upon myself to collect (as he is too nice). Between DH and me, I call myself Pitbull Collections and I''ve had great success so far. Before my stint as a collections agency, I taught secondary school for 19 years and, believe me, you need a steel spine to do that

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Update: I just received a phone call from David refusing to sell me the pink pear because of all the comments that have been made on PS.

Maybe, it''s all for the best, but for what it''s worth, I''m very sad
38.gif

I''m so sorry it had to end this way.
7.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 2:32:19 PM
Author: isaku5
Update: I just received a phone call from David refusing to sell me the pink pear because of all the comments that have been made on PS.

38.gif

7.gif
HUH??? I''m very sorry. His loss. I''m sure you are very sad, but I think you will find an even better ring and one that isn''t so risky.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.gif

That''s RIDICULOUS!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just poor business practice. You''d think he''d be more eager to prove what a great businessman he is and what beautiful merchandise he offers. Funny, but when users express concern over the methods/products of PS vendors, they are quick to assure, reassure, and reassure some more...certainly not act like this. I have thought about purchasing from them before, and I can tell you this behavior totally turns me off to that.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

38.gif

7.gif
I have been following your whole endeavor, and I am sorry to hear this. I think it speaks VOLUMES of this vendor.

Hang in there, I truly believe everything happens for a reason. There is a diamond out there for you still, and when the time is right, it will present itself.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
truthfully i don't know what to say!!
40.gif

i can't believe that DBL would refuse to sell you the ring based on comments made here...what was said that was so horrible..especially nothing said by YOU! many vendors get questioned on here as this is a consumer based forum, and i agree, most of them would then bend over backwards to make the customer happy to show they are a great professional vendor who can go that extra mile, rather than refusing a sale flat out because of a little conversation.

i wonder if there is more to the story here....i'm sorry you lost the rink isaku but it sounds like maybe it was just for the best. unfortunately !!

so what is the plan now?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 2:53:55 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

7.gif

That''s RIDICULOUS!

I agree
38.gif
. I''m sorry Isaku. I know there is the right ring out there and there are several Pricescope vendors who would be glad to help you out.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Look at it this way, Isabel. When you received that ring, you could have absolutely HATED it. Hated the way it looked on you, or hated the color, or the setting, or whatever. Then you would''ve been SO MAD that you had no return policy and had to shell out hundreds for a restocking fee.

I truly also believe this was meant to be. There is another ring out there for you somewhere, you just haven''t found it yet! Give yourself some solace. Get a morganite ring as a temporary fix.

We want to help you!!! Does anyone here know of who could make that asscher ring Isabel wanted?

I am proud of you for coming on here and letting us know he called you to refuse to sell it to you. You could''ve kept this info to yourself. You let us know, thereby helping those in the future who may consider buying a ring from them.

This whole thing is preposterous. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Don''t business people realize that every person will tell 20 people about their negative experience with a vendor, and those 20 people will tell 20 more people, etc. etc.?

I think this was meant to be because you will now most likely save thousands by not buying a fancy color diamond. You can get a custom-made ring made, and still for thousands less than that pink diamond. I am sorry it didn''t work out, but also know there is a good reason it didn''t.

WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!
21.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol lizz, feel free to look up isaku''s old posts and you will see all the discussion on the ''asscher ring that isaku wanted''...if someone had been found who could make it, this pink pear thing wouldn''t even be a topic!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 2:25:33 PM
lizz...If $1500. is too high for a viewing ( I think it''s overgenerous too), what about $500. + sizing and shipping???? Fair???

Diamondfan... Yes, i have spent a '' ton of time '' and encountered many ''roadblocks and obstacles'' in my search. I agree that I must see it as this represents a year''s salary for some folks.
I do think that if I pay via bank wire, that a $500. restocking charge would be okay - $300. even better. A pink asscher with halo? I''ve never seen pictures of one, but think it would cover all the bases if a setter had completed a couple before....no experimentation on my project, please.

Mara...'' bling bling pale pink machine!!!!!'' Love it!!! Agree that $1500. is too much to forfeit for a ''viewing''.

wallermama...You presented MANY valid points. I especially related to '' crawling back with apologies''. It appears that I''m begging him to sell me this ring and that as you said he is making me feel guilty for the previous transaction and thereby manipulating me on this one because he''s well aware of my interest.

hlmr...I agree, Mara''s advice on this topic is great. I want to ''go for it'', but the old saying ''caveat emptor'' applies well here.

FireGoddesss... my pear advocate!!! I was wondering where you were...I would want the ring sized as I have to see what it looks like as a rhr, but I will certainly heed your advice and be very careful in my negotiation.

Everyone...I seem to come across in my many posts as a spineless woman who is easy to manipulate, but IRL I''m not that way at all ( just ask DH!!!!). I have to admit to being seduced by the pink ring (because it is pink and gorgeous at least to my eyes), but thanks to the PS''ers, the seduction remains, but the negotiating has just begun!!!

As a side-note: My DH has his owned his own business for many years and when accounts are overdue, I take it upon myself to collect (as he is too nice). Between DH and me, I call myself Pitbull Collections and I''ve had great success so far. Before my stint as a collections agency, I taught secondary school for 19 years and, believe me, you need a steel spine to do that
"fair" IMHO would be slightly more than shipping and insurance. I''ve no idea what shipping/insurance runs for a diamond both ways, but I might add a tiny bit to that for "handling" but even $500 seems high. Still, whatever it takes... because most likely you''ll love it. But I''d be SURE of that before I hefted my wallet *that* high LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

38.gif

7.gif
WOW! If there was anything negative ever said, he has said it most plainly with his *own* policies and this. Wow again. Just wow. Unfreakingbelievable. I would never entertain the thought of a stone from that man. How freaking unfortunate :*(

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! Maybe you can find a pink asscher! :D Do they make them? They must! lol!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also - I am sad for you that it turned out this way. I could tell you really loved that ring... but I think I''m more pissed off for you! Ugh!! How frustrating!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 3:42:24 PM
Author: lizz
Look at it this way, Isabel. When you received that ring, you could have absolutely HATED it. Hated the way it looked on you, or hated the color, or the setting, or whatever. Then you would''ve been SO MAD that you had no return policy and had to shell out hundreds for a restocking fee.

I truly also believe this was meant to be. There is another ring out there for you somewhere, you just haven''t found it yet! Give yourself some solace. Get a morganite ring as a temporary fix.

We want to help you!!! Does anyone here know of who could make that asscher ring Isabel wanted?

I am proud of you for coming on here and letting us know he called you to refuse to sell it to you. You could''ve kept this info to yourself. You let us know, thereby helping those in the future who may consider buying a ring from them.

This whole thing is preposterous. Whatever happened to the customer is always right? Don''t business people realize that every person will tell 20 people about their negative experience with a vendor, and those 20 people will tell 20 more people, etc. etc.?

I think this was meant to be because you will now most likely save thousands by not buying a fancy color diamond. You can get a custom-made ring made, and still for thousands less than that pink diamond. I am sorry it didn''t work out, but also know there is a good reason it didn''t.

WE ARE HERE FOR YOU!!!!
21.gif
I agree... this vendor is his own worst enemy via his policies. Nothing any of us could say could compare as negatively as that.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
I have experience with DBL. I think he makes a very fine product; I wouldn''t be concerned about workmanship at all.

However, I would NOT buy a fancy colored diamond sight unseen (or without some sort of return policy). Trust me--I have seen MANY pics of fancy colored stones online and when I went to view the stones in person, I often was shocked at how different (usually lighter) they looked.

If he doesn''t work with you on this, then it''s a blessing in disguise. To be honest, I have a bad feeling...I don''t doubt it''s a lovely ring but it may appear very light to colorless in certain lighting, much like fancy light yellows do. You might have ended up being very disappointed.

A fabulous diamond with a solid return policy is out there--and you shall find it!
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I''m still in shock over a vendor refusing to do business with me!!!! That''s a first!!!

OK, I''m down, but I''m not out .....yet. Close, but not yet.
36.gif

Plan C-- larger asscher with lower expectations of colour and clarity so that I could use the Tiffany repro as a setting. How low can a colour sensitive girl go??? Clarity - probably no less than a VS2 for an asscher.

I think I''ll start a new thread for this-- any ideas for a title????
33.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maybe, it's all for the best, but for what it's worth, I'm very sad
38.gif

I'm so sorry it had to end this way.
7.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

I am shocked, plain and simple. I haven't bought anything yet from any PS vendors, or from DBL. But I have always thought of them as a good company with excellent stones and rings, and having a sense of truthfulness and ethics to their business, as well as coming across as personable from their ring descriptions, etc.

HOWEVER, this new development turns me off of them FAR, FAR MORE THAN ANY COMMENTS I COULD HAVE READ. There were no comments on PS that I have read that would make me NOT buy from DBL, but this ridiculous refusal to sell you the ring, based on comments on PS (none of which were derogatory IMO, esp. not from Isaku) is so asinine that I say good riddance to bad rubbish. Keep your $$ and use it somewhere else, because there are many vendors that are actually DESERVING of your hard earned money.

What a freaking joke. I'm sorry we even wasted our time discussing the freaking ring. There are 2 sides to every story for sure, and I'm sure this one is no exception....but I have better things to do than care about it.
20.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What tiffany repro are you talking about for an asscher?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 5:18:12 PM
WOW! I''m still in shock over a vendor refusing to do business with me!!!! That''s a first!!!

OK, I''m down, but I''m not out .....yet. Close, but not yet.
36.gif

Plan C-- larger asscher with lower expectations of colour and clarity so that I could use the Tiffany repro as a setting. How low can a colour sensitive girl go??? Clarity - probably no less than a VS2 for an asscher.

I think I''ll start a new thread for this-- any ideas for a title????
33.gif
Yes, it''s time for a new thread! On to new beginnings!

Seriously though... pink asscher? :D

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think she means the Cartier repro asscher like what is posted on Nelson Rarities. That is my fave too.
30.gif

Title? How about ''the project that never dies....round 3 asscher!'' ... hee hee.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that cartier ring too. there is only one person I''d LOVE to make it and that would be Leon Mege. i can only imagine how lovely a big ol'' asscher with his claw prongs and dainty pave band would be
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is the original cartier from 1906 i think with a 5.5c asscher. just divine. most of the replicas i have seen are more boxy or thick.

nelson amazing cartier b.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love orangehorse''s big asscher setting which is similar...anybody know where hers came from?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 5:51:08 PM
Author: Mara
this is the original cartier from 1906 i think with a 5.5c asscher. just divine. most of the replicas i have seen are more boxy or thick.
Wow, that is an amazing stone!! Setting is perfect!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OK...here I go...

That DBL is as successful as it is, for as long as it has, indicates to me that they provide excellent honestly described product, excellent customer service, and a fair return policy.

They've certainly done all that for me, and I would unhesitatingly recommend them to anyone.

I'm concerned and amazed that so many people are ready to jump on the bandwagon and condemn David, having heard only ONE SIDE of what I suspect is a long, very unusual, two-sided story.

Isaku has provided evidence, both here and on DT, that to me, anyway, indicates that at the very least, she is a customer with decision/committment issues. It's almost as if she enjoys threads about buying diamonds more than actually buying them. Who really knows what really has gone on between these two people. We'll never know.

But I personally would not change my high opinion of David and DBL based solely on her testimony.

JMO
widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results