shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear vs White Asscher for RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 5:32:20 PM
Author: Mara
I think she means the Cartier repro asscher like what is posted on Nelson Rarities. That is my fave too.
30.gif

Title? How about ''the project that never dies....round 3 asscher!'' ... hee hee.
Love that title, Mara. The picture you posted is the exact ring that all asscher lovers have in their "favourites" file
30.gif
and surprisingly enough ( maybe not so surprising!) the setting that Storm suggested for the 2.26. That 5.5c asscher is absolutely luscious, but not within my price range.

OK on to the new thread---I''ll make it a little shorter: Asscher...Part 3. Hope to see you there.
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 6:16:20 PM
Author: widget
OK...here I go...

That DBL is as successful as it is, for as long as it has, indicates to me that they provide excellent honestly described product, excellent customer service, and a fair return policy.

They''ve certainly done all that for me, and I would unhesitatingly recommend them to anyone.

I''m concerned and amazed that so many people are ready to jump on the bandwagon and condemn David, having heard only ONE SIDE of what I suspect is a long, very unusual, two-sided story.

Isaku has provided evidence, both here and on DT, that to me, anyway, indicates that at the very least, she is a customer with decision/committment issues. It''s almost as if she enjoys threads about buying diamonds more than actually buying them. Who really knows what really has gone on between these two people. We''ll never know.

But I personally would not change my high opinion of David and DBL based solely on her testimony.

JMO
widget
Committment issues are irrelevant IMO. As long as nothing short of a crime has been committed, patience in a retailer is critical. That''s an awful big purchase, not to go into it with committment issues. I''m sure the story is two sided, but however frustrated that seller might be, this meltdown or whatever, isn''t very professional IMO. I''m sure there is a partial personal conflict here, but that shouldn''t impact a sale. There is NOTHING unfair about letting someone see a 20k+ diamond before an unreturnable purchase. If he was unwilling to do business with her before, that would have been one thing... but obviously he was still willing to sell her a stone, and the basis of refusal is petty. He''s probably justifying his decision based on posts like mine and doesn''t even realize that a happy pink-pear wearing PSer would have never generated so much negative press.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t have a high opinion of David before, and it certainly wasn''t improved by Isaku''s experience. Trust me, Isaku, you''re better off buying a ring elsewhere. There are much better vendors out there.

When David was a member of this board he was condescending and rude to consumers, with me being one of them. I never was rude to him, but he persisted in putting down all my posts about radiants. There is no way that I would buy something from him, even if you paid me.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Commitment issues???? I was amost willing to buy the pink pear ring with an exchange only policy. I was so sure that I would love it, that I "was ready to jump through hoops" to get it. Thank goodness the voices of reason here talked sense into my head or that wire transfer would have gone out tomorrow. Had the transfer from GOG come through earlier on Friday, I would have sent it then ON DAVID''S TERMS. Naive?? Stupid??? Probably both; but definitely NOT commitment phobic.
38.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 6:36:27 PM
Author: coda72
I didn''t have a high opinion of David before, and it certainly wasn''t improved by Isaku''s experience. Trust me, Isaku, you''re better off buying a ring elsewhere. There are much better vendors out there.

When David was a member of this board he was condescending and rude to consumers, with me being one of them. I never was rude to him, but he persisted in putting down all my posts about radiants. There is no way that I would buy something from him, even if you paid me.
Oh I''d buy from *anyone* if you paid me more than the stone cost! At the very worst, my kids could use it as a marble! LOL!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 6:49:32 PM
Author: isaku5
Commitment issues???? I was amost willing to buy the pink pear ring with an exchange only policy. I was so sure that I would love it, that I ''was ready to jump through hoops'' to get it. Thank goodness the voices of reason here talked sense into my head or that wire transfer would have gone out tomorrow. Had the transfer from GOG come through earlier on Friday, I would have sent it then ON DAVID''S TERMS. Naive?? Stupid??? Probably both; but definitely NOT commitment phobic.
38.gif
The ring that lands itself on your finger will be such a blessing, and worth it all... you''ll see... :) Let pink teardrops fall ::sigh::

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
After reading this whole thread I just wanted to say that this business with DBL sounds like a blessing in disguise. I would never give someone like that my money.

Also, from the beginning, I thought that pink pear looked washed out and I have a feeling it is quite light (too light) and not very pink in person. The asscher will be great!

Apsara

Shiny_Rock

DBL and two-sided stories aside (as usually is the case, i suspect there is a detailed history here and I don't know what it s, so I am unqualified to comment), I don't think anyone should buy a stone, especially a fancy colored diamond, sight unseen without a period during which a return can be made. I really could imagine isaku opening the box and thinking, "gee, this doesn't look as pink as I thought..."

32.gif
That's a quite an expensive "mistake."

Whether it was some job, a "thing" I had to have, etc., there have been many times in my life where I thought, "Oh, I just HAVE to have [X thing] or I'll DIE." Well, I'm still here...lol...seriously, it's better to move on and chalk it up to "it wasn't meant to be."

1.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Well this is a shocking development to say the least.
6.gif

I don''t pretend to know what happened in the past between Isabel and David but it doesn''t sound like this was a deal that was meant to happen. There are always three (his perception, her perception, the factual truth) sides to every story and it is a shame that it has come to this.

Isabel I do hope you can find the ring you are looking for.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 8:49:22 PM
Author: hlmr
Well this is a shocking development to say the least.
6.gif

I don't pretend to know what happened in the past between Isabel and David but it doesn't sound like this was a deal that was meant to happen. There are always three (his perception, her perception, the factual truth) sides to every story and it is a shame that it has come to this.

Isabel I do hope you can find the ring you are looking for.
To be honest im not that shocked but agree with the rest.
It takes a lot of courage to fire a customer but it happens and is often a good thing for everyone involved.
If a vendor feels that they cant work with someone its the best thing to do to say so and both move on.
Any transaction takes a relationship and like other relationships some aren't meant to be.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry this transaction didn''t work out for you Isaku! Maybe you wouldn''t have loved this ring IRL as you did on the web. Good luck finding another gorgeous diamond!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for getting me to see how risky it would have been to go ahead with the pink pear transaction.
38.gif

I''m back to looking at asschers again and hoping Jonathan won''t fire me as well.
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I second that sentiment coda. In fact, I used to be on the "other" diamond board, but David treated me with such disdain and rudeness that I left and will never return. I''m sure DBL sells quality stones. I''m sure there are many who have had positive buying experiences, but I for one, would go out of my way to ensure David did not profit in any way from anyone I know or from anyone I could recommend they shop elsewhere.

What goes around, comes around.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 3:46:11 PM
Author: Rod

I second that sentiment coda. In fact, I used to be on the ''other'' diamond board, but David treated me with such disdain and rudeness that I left and will never return. I''m sure DBL sells quality stones. I''m sure there are many who have had positive buying experiences, but I for one, would go out of my way to ensure David did not profit in any way from anyone I know or from anyone I could recommend they shop elsewhere.

What goes around, comes around.
Glad you found your way here Rod.
1.gif
I didn''t like his tone when he was a member here.
14.gif

Anyway Isaku are you still considering the 2.26 or are you going for a bigger asscher???

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad I found my way here too Kaleigh. And thanks to wonderful people like you, I have found a family to be a part of for many years to come!! I love Pricescope!!!

Rod

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rod... I actually belong to that forum too and saw the many posts in which David was both condescending and rude to you for no reason whatsoever
38.gif
. I''m glad you''re here with PS now- rudeness is not tolerated here.
35.gif

Lisa...After looking at the prices of the larger asschers, I''m in shock
14.gif
. That 2.26 with the halo???? is looking better and better.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 4:00:02 PM
Author: isaku5
Hi Rod... I actually belong to that forum too and saw the many posts in which David was both condescending and rude to you for no reason whatsoever
38.gif
. I''m glad you''re here with PS now- rudeness is not tolerated here.
35.gif

Lisa...After looking at the prices of the larger asschers, I''m in shock
14.gif
. That 2.26 with the halo???? is looking better and better.
Thanks Isaku
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, Rod! I''ve missed seeing you! I hope you''ve been busy doing something fun like a vacation!
1.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2006 4:15:17 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Hey, Rod! I''ve missed seeing you! I hope you''ve been busy doing something fun like a vacation!
1.gif
Hey, thanks for the welcome back. I wish I could say I''ve been having fun, but the truth is I''ve been involved in the worst move to a new home of my life. Note to self: NEVER EVER consider buying in a brand new Condo highrise as the first new owner!!!! At one point they gave us permission to move in (just our stuff) before they received the building Certificate of Occupancy. Not a good thing because we had moved our clothes in, and the county found us in our unit and had us locked out with only the clothes on our back for several days. Now that it''s over, we can laugh (a little), but it was painful going in. Our new home is fantastic though and I guess the old adage, "No Pain, No Pain," applies to this. On top of that I had to coordinate my office move to a new location at the same time. So, I''ve been a bit tied up moving things. Life is settled again and I can come back to more exciting pursuits.

Cheers!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Rod!!! But we''re glad you''re getting settled in and can be back here doing more fun things!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/10/2006 10:18:01 AM
Author: strmrdr
To be honest im not that shocked but agree with the rest.
It takes a lot of courage to fire a customer but it happens and is often a good thing for everyone involved.
If a vendor feels that they cant work with someone its the best thing to do to say so and both move on.
Any transaction takes a relationship and like other relationships some aren''t meant to be.
Excellent points, Storm. Worth repeating.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2006 4:21:25 PM
Author: Rod

Date: 7/11/2006 4:15:17 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
1.gif
Hey, thanks for the welcome back. I wish I could say I''ve been having fun, but the truth is I''ve been involved in the worst move to a new home of my life. Note to self: NEVER EVER consider buying in a brand new Condo highrise as the first new owner!!!! At one point they gave us permission to move in (just our stuff) before they received the building Certificate of Occupancy. Not a good thing because we had moved our clothes in, and the county found us in our unit and had us locked out with only the clothes on our back for several days. Now that it''s over, we can laugh (a little), but it was painful going in. Our new home is fantastic though and I guess the old adage, ''No Pain, No Pain,'' applies to this. On top of that I had to coordinate my office move to a new location at the same time. So, I''ve been a bit tied up moving things. Life is settled again and I can come back to more exciting pursuits.

Cheers!
ooooooh fun! NOT but once the dust has settled (and I''m assuming it mostly has) you can enjoy the adventure of a new home! That''s always fun! What''s your view like?? :D

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The view is pretty fantastic. If you''d like to see, go to www:thealagon.com

This is the website for our building and has actual pictures of the views from floors.

Thanks,
Rod

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Rodders - missed you too my friend!
35.gif
Glad you are back with us! Did you bring your Beatles wig with you to the new place??
41.gif

Best of luck Isaku!

ETA - Rod I can't get the link to work - copied and pasted and no luck
39.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Rod it looks incredible! The views are stunning and the amenities.....sigh.....what luxury! Great choice!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thanks Lorelei...........They''re still working on the common areas, such as the the pool was finished yesterday and they say we can swim and use the hot tub by next week. It''s something to be the first owners in a 24 story highrise. Since they''re still working on the common areas, we are awakened by construction noise at 6:30 AM daily (no need for alarm clocks, that''s for sure), but once all is finished, we count our blessings to be able live in such a terrific place and location.

Thanks again.........

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I don''t know where you are with your ring search/design; but for what it is worth, the Assher ring I saw at Cartier in Honolulu (like the picture posted here) was the MOST beatufiul ring I have ever seen....2DIE4 along with their Ashoka (?) and split shank pave ring, and emeral cut set e/w and and and and
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon
35.gif

We''ve been away for a few days and while we were gone we had the computer "cleaned". I''m surprised that it saved so many messages. Great!!!!

Thanks for the link, but all I get is an e-mail reply form. Would you please check it out for me as I''m going for the asscher with halo ring.
36.gif

Thanks so much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Faux pas--I simply underscored my words, it was not a hyperlink!!! Beg your pardon! The ring I saw in Honolulu at Cartier, resembled the one that Mara posted earlier--from Nelson Rarities.

Good luck.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results