shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear vs White Asscher for RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Just when I thought everything was set with the asscher, a pink pear diamond ring came along to tempt me one more time....
11.gif

The asscher I''m speaking of is the 2.26 in my avatar. I had settled on a setting style, but not the setter, and then BAM this 1.58 light pink pear ring set in rose gold and plat with a pave halo comes along and blows me away....
30.gif

What to do??? Suggestions???

1.58 pink pear.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm PITA asscher project or stunning pink diamond?!?!?!

that''s a tough one? NOT.

pink pear all the way!!!! plus it''s already set. DONE!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hand shot anyone?
2.gif
3.gif

pinkpearrhr.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it''s stunning!
30.gif
Can you see it in person? That way you can decide which you like better.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 7:03:15 PM
Author: Mara

You''re right about the PITA asscher project, Mara. It has dragged on forever. Ironically, though, this week I found a setting design that I thought would be perfect.

The only downside to the pink pear ring is whether or not there will be enough finger coverage. I''ve attached a pic of the ring (ignore the w-band) on a size 5.5 finger, but I''m an 8! and there''s no return policy because the ring would have to be sized from its current 6.5 to the 8
14.gif

1.58 hand4.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara
2.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The ring is in NYC and I''m in Ontario, Canada and have difficulty travelling.

Wanna see a side shot showing unique halo design???
11.gif
11.gif

1.58 pp dbl halo2.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I should also mention that once the asscher is set, there would be no returning that one either.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Well, a pear has more spread than an asscher, right? So would the finger coverage really be that different?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 7:30:53 PM
Author: FacetFire
Well, a pear has more spread than an asscher, right? So would the finger coverage really be that different?
Love your avatar, FacetFire. Is that an RA?

Dimensions of unset pear: 9.57 x 6.55 plus ~2mm halo

Dimensions of unset asscher: 7.38 x 7.41mm plus ~2mm halo

There should be adequate coverage with the pear.
3.gif

The orange fluoresence in the pear is apparently only visible under UV light.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful. But I sure would hesitate to buy a ring that was not returnable if I had not seen it and tried it on.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i wish we could see that orange flour!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 7:03:15 PM
Author: Mara

ditto. Isaku, I think the pink pear is stunning and looks like a RHR all the way. It''s gorgeous and different and done
36.gif
. if it''s true it can be sized up without any problems, i''d do it and call it a day
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy SH!!!!!!

I wasn''t keen on the first picture of the pear but HELLO? That hand shot? Pink pear all the WAY. Size me, wrap me up, take me home. Pears do face up for their ctw and asschers face up small, so there may not be a ton of difference between the 2, sizewise.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah... I didn''t like that first pic either... but the hand pic and side pic did it for me.

Honestly? I love your asscher-- BUT this is very unique... and totally looks like a RHR IMO and not an engagement ring (unless you''re a star). For me? I''d get the pear.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 6:58:43 PM
Author:isaku5
Just when I thought everything was set with the asscher, a pink pear diamond ring came along to tempt me one more time....
11.gif

The asscher I''m speaking of is the 2.26 in my avatar. I had settled on a setting style, but not the setter, and then BAM this 1.58 light pink pear ring set in rose gold and plat with a pave halo comes along and blows me away....
30.gif

So what IS the status of the asscher.......I would imagine SOMEONE would be thrilled to give it a good home
2.gif
.....is it available???????

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 8:37:40 PM
Author: Carlotta

Date: 6/29/2006 6:58:43 PM
Author:isaku5
11.gif

30.gif

So what IS the status of the asscher.......I would imagine SOMEONE would be thrilled to give it a good home
2.gif
.....is it available???????
Good question Carlotta. When is the return policy up??

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker...That part kind of freaks me out too especially on such a large purchase. Although with all the pics I''ve seen, I can''t imagine it would be anything but stunning.

jcrow...there''s a pic of the orange fluor in the link Mara posted. There''s really not much to see, though.

mrssalvo...thanks for the encouragement!!!

FireGoddess...I love your enthusiasm!!!!

Gypsy...It definitely would look like a RHR; thanks for the vote of confidence on the pear.

Carlotta...Someone is waiting for it if I turn it down so I wouldn''t feel too badly about doing so.

Kaleigh...My time is up next week. I''d have to look at the invoice to be certain what the exact date is.

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
isaku - I think both sound amazing. What a decision!

If I were to decide between those two... I''d go for the pink pear. It''s very beautiful. (And SO rare!!)

Whatever you decide, make sure you post pics.
36.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Wow isaku I''d go for the pink pear! I see your fear about the finger coverage...I have a size 7 ring finger, size 8 on my right hand. But, I think a 1.52 carat pear with a halo will give you awesome finger coverage. I''ve never seen it, just my opinion/hunch. Good luck and keep us posted!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I''m going to be the one dissenter here. I love the asscher. The pear is nice, and if you had no other options it would be fine, but that asscher... Oo la la! What is the problem? You can''t find someone to set it? What about a simple "temporary setting," maybe with baguette side accents, until you find the right person to do your fab permanent setting? Seriously, to give up such a great asscher for a ring that you haven''t seen with no return option... Hmmm....

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 10:29:06 PM
Author: KittenKat

If I were to decide between those two... I''d go for the pink pear. It''s very beautiful. (And SO rare!!)

36.gif
Thanks. KittenKat.....What a decision is right!!!!

I love the colour pink--my favourite diamond colour even though there are others that are much more rare.

To all you pear experts out there: I don''t see a bowtie effect, but there is something going on in the middle of the stone. I don''t know whether that''s a problem or not.
I''ll try to post a pic of what I mean.
33.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I vote for the pink pear too...I''m a little biased though cause pink is my favorite color!!!!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 10:37:05 PM
Author: isaku5

Date: 6/29/2006 10:29:06 PM
Author: KittenKat

36.gif
Thanks. KittenKat.....What a decision is right!!!!

I love the colour pink--my favourite diamond colour even though there are others that are much more rare.

To all you pear experts out there: I don''t see a bowtie effect, but there is something going on in the middle of the stone. I don''t know whether that''s a problem or not.
I''ll try to post a pic of what I mean.
33.gif
I can see the bow tie in both pics. But many pears have them. Depends whether you can live with it or not. Personally it would bug me. But that''s just me.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Is this what''s called "the bowtie effect" , kaleigh?

1.58 centre1.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 10:36:22 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
OK, I''m going to be the one dissenter here. I love the asscher. The pear is nice, and if you had no other options it would be fine, but that asscher... Oo la la! What is the problem? You can''t find someone to set it? What about a simple ''temporary setting,'' maybe with baguette side accents, until you find the right person to do your fab permanent setting? Seriously, to give up such a great asscher for a ring that you haven''t seen with no return option... Hmmm....
Thanks Dee*Jay for your honest opinion. Actually just this week I found what I thought was a great design for the asscher and Jonathan at GOG has a setter he recommended for the job.

I''ll attach the "proposed setting". Please let me know what you think.
35.gif

Knar design.jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
It is a hard choice as the pink pear is beautiful but yes, there seems to be a visible bow-tie effect going on there.....

The asscher is gorgeous too and you could lose yourself looking inside that stone as well......

Go with your gut instinct.

eta: that setting looks lovely!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
The setting looks very nice.........I also like the idea of the pink pear, but you''ll have to ask the pear expert re:bowtie!!

How do YOU like the setting.........you''d be the one wearing it (lucky for you!)
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 10:46:18 PM
Author: isaku5
Is this what''s called ''the bowtie effect'' , kaleigh?
I think THIS is what I''d call a "bow tie" effect...

It''s much much less noticable IRL, and not bothersome at all. I''m sure Pinky is much better cut than this old stone...

widget

19kct fakow.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results