shape
carat
color
clarity

Pink Pear vs White Asscher for RHR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 7:42:12 PM
Author: isaku5
Date: 6/29/2006 7:30:53 PM

Author: FacetFire

Well, a pear has more spread than an asscher, right? So would the finger coverage really be that different?
Love your avatar, FacetFire. Is that an RA?

Good eyes, it is a RA! Roughly 2 ct.

BTW, I'm so glad you're leaning in the direction of the pear. I have a ring like that, except with a morganite center pear instead of a pink diamond. I'm soooo jealous! It's going to be stunning on you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco you imp! GET OUT OF MY HEAD! I was just thinking that. Those stones in a Mark Morrel (I'd have to save up for the MM) buttercup setting. East west cushion. Or use the shields for another project... and take that cushion and put it east west on a thin pave band with claw prongs by Leon. It's almost 8 x 7!

OH... my heart ust stopped... 8x7 is big enough for the Pokey Special! Okay I need a time out now.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
WAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I wanted you to have that asscher!

I''m sure you''ll love your new pink pear, but I would still like to put in my vote for that fantabulous asscher in that fantabulous setting. Makes me drool. Comparing those two rings and imagining them both ten years down the road, I guess I''d see the asscher as being more, I don''t know, wearable and versatile. And asscher-wearing is a bonafide ACTIVITY. Something to do and gaze into. But that''s just me. I like both stones but I prefer the asscher''s setting by far far far. But obviously, I am an asscher gal through and through.

Sigh.

But I''m glad you are happy!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Asscher is hard won, but the pink is a delightful surprise. The Asscher is Modern and Elegant and Regal, the Pear is Timeless and Unpredictable and Romantic. What suits you best? Is the color an issue for wardrobe? They''re both equally beautiful. Tough choice!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do agree that the asscher would be a better everyday ring. The pink pear is gorgeous, but I see it as more dressy, cocktaily (new word).

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the finger coverage thing, I have larger fingers and I''m guessing (could be wrong) that you''re concerned about how much band etc. covers the finger, not just the stone itself? Because that pear has a huge stone but the band is very delicate and might not look the same on ::ahem:: pudgier fingers. It could also be slimming though too... ::hmmm::

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, I asked you in my thread if you had a pic, now I see it. That is beautiful! I could only dream of owning a pink diamond.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
any updates on the pink pear?? I think it''s fabulous and hope you get it..

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 12:01:00 AM
Author: mrssalvo
any updates on the pink pear?? I think it''s fabulous and hope you get it..
Thanks, mrssalvo, so do I. There is a small problem right now with bank holidays here and in the US so that will slow things down a bit.....but I''m hopeful no one else will have picked it up by then.
14.gif

If it''s meant for me, it''ll still be there.
35.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I think the pink pear could be worn everyday. You''d be surprised how many people don''t know about or recognize pink diamonds.

You''d get LOTS of questions about it.

I''d wear that beauty on my left hand, daily. :) It''s absolutely gorgeous!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2006 11:26:21 AM
Author: KittenKat
I think the pink pear could be worn everyday. You''d be surprised how many people don''t know about or recognize pink diamonds.

You''d get LOTS of questions about it.

I''d wear that beauty on my left hand, daily. :) It''s absolutely gorgeous!
I intend to wear it everyday as a RHR and I''ll be only to happy to answer any questions
36.gif

I love pink stones and have a kunzite ring and a couple of morganite stones so it''ll be interesting to compare the "pinks".

I really can''t imagine that it will be gaudy or ostentatious as it''s only 1.58c with a some sparklies in a halo. If it has lots of pizzaz, it''s a good thing.
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gaudy? Heck no.

Pizzaz? Definitely.

Can't wait to see hand pics!!

Isaku... after all this... there better be no excuses from you about hand pics. I want them. I don't care if you have to steal a digital camera...lol.

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
awww... no asscher then? that''s the one i would pick! but then i''m not a big fan of pears

and remember, there''s no such thing as "never meant to be", there is only persistence, determination and stubborness
9.gif

whatever ring you end up with, enjoy it!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 3:28:21 AM
Author: londonblue
awww... no asscher then? that''s the one i would pick! but then i''m not a big fan of pears

and remember, there''s no such thing as ''never meant to be'', there is only persistence, determination and stubborness
9.gif

whatever ring you end up with, enjoy it!
londonblue...I was able to see two asschers (RA) and while I loved the 10 feet deep look, thinking back a few months, they didn''t "speak to me" and actually looked very small for their 2c size. I thought the baguette halo would have been ideal making the asscher look larger ,but there was always a snag - no one except DK had done such a design and I was nervous about experimentation on my ring -to-be. That was the biggest stumbling block of all.

I love well proportioned pears, but would not have chosen a pear over an asscher except that this pear is PINK, well proportioned and already set. I saw the pictures and fell in lust.

As for the admonition about giving up, this had already been a very long project and I feel that I showed as much persistence, determination and stubbornness as was warranted for a ring design. Had the project involved a much more life- altering project, I can guarantee I would have fought to the bitter end!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
what I like is how excited you are for the pink pear.

And, having seen GemKlctr''s pink oval in person, omg pink diamonds are just soooo wonderful.

So I will stop rooting for your asscher!
And yes, I do see what a juicy shaped pear that baby is.

LOL, you now have my blessing to proceed!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 11:26:49 AM
Author: dbgaap

And, having seen GemKlctr''s pink oval in person, omg pink diamonds are just soooo wonderful.

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks for your blessing, dbgaap
9.gif
I was waiting for that!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to add that I agree with the person who said that your excitement comes across about the pink pear ring...and when one is buying an important piece of jewelry, you most certainly should be thrilled and excited! I know for myself, if I have doubts or just can''t work out all the details, it usually means it''s not meant to be! So we''ll really be looking forward to seeing hand pictures of this beauty when it comes!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only thing that matters is how you feel, not what any of our opinions are. I don''t think the pear will be ostentatious in any way, but I bet it will attract attention. It''s definitely a good every day RHR look.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
DiamondSeeker...Thanks for the go-ahead!
35.gif

FireGoddess...Looking back through my more recent (and not so recent) posts, I realize that over the months, my excitement over the asscher project had turned into frustration. I had great support from the PS''ers and that kept me going. I regret very much that I bailed out of the asscher project with Jonathan at the last minute. He helped me in every way he could and I''m sorry for all the work he did on my behalf trying to achieve the "dream ring". However, I don''t think that 2.26 will stay long in his inventory, and I hope it finds a more deserving home with someone who is willing to take the setting risks that I wasn''t gutsy enough to go through with. So much for regrets........
14.gif

On a much more positive note, I am excited about the possibility of actually owning and wearing a pink diamond ring. I had been tempted by a 1.25c pink pear that DBL had for sale, but I''m glad I waited for this beauty to come along; the setting is so much prettier.

YES, I AM EXCITED!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are happy with your decision. Congrats on a beautiful pink pear (destiny would not allow for it to be sold - lol!)

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2006 9:07:42 PM
Author: hlmr
Glad you are happy with your decision. Congrats on a beautiful pink pear (destiny would not allow for it to be sold - lol!
hlmr....From your lips to David''s ear.
9.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

Date: 7/2/2006 11:33:15 AM
Author: isaku5

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
Thanks for your blessing, dbgaap
9.gif
I was waiting for that!!!

9.gif
I CAN''T WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS GOES.... I got my fingers crossed .........
pink + pear = beautylicious!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku -- There''s always tomorrow. In a few years, there will be more than one designer who can do that asscher setting.
9.gif
It just makes sense to get the rarer pink stone now, and then wait til others are able to perfect the difficult asscher setting before you also buy THAT ring. Hehe. I''m evil.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2006 9:52:28 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Isaku -- There''s always tomorrow. In a few years, there will be more than one designer who can do that asscher setting.
9.gif
It just makes sense to get the rarer pink stone now, and then wait til others are able to perfect the difficult asscher setting before you also buy THAT ring. Hehe. I''m evil.

Gotta love that evil streak in you, KristyDarling
11.gif
I especially like that part where "it just makes sense to get the rarer pink stone now"
9.gif
and wait for the bench people to be ready to perfect the more difficult setting (using OPD = Other People''s Diamonds). Please no practising on PS''ers gems
14.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
dbgaap....I''ve been trying to find a photo or 6
9.gif
of GemKlctr''s pink oval, but no luck. Any ideas????

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo.........any news on the pink pear? Is it yours?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2006 6:50:44 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Soooo.........any news on the pink pear? Is it yours?
Thanks for your inquiry, FireGoddess.
1.gif

First the good news: no one else has purchased the pear...yet.

Not so good news: I have yet to receive the wire transfer from GOG. Maybe tomorrow?????

widget

Ideal_Rock
Any news?
11.gif

widget

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 7:40:09 PM
Author: widget
Any news?
11.gif

widget
Hi widget...Thanks for your interest. I received the bank wire money from GOG late today, unfortunately not in time to forward it to DBL. My bank closes at 4 pm on Fridays and is not open again until Monday.
14.gif

As far as I know the pink pear ring is still available
36.gif

I''ll update as I know more.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results